PDA

View Full Version : Video game cosplays for Oni-con 2007

SchizoIori
07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey all. I really enjoy being part of large VG photoshoots, so I was hoping we could organize a nice sized one for oni-con. All who are interested come join in and post your VG costumes you plan to have. We can arrange a time as it gets closer to the con and as we find a majority pulling for a specific day and part of said day.

Anyway, my VG costumes are:

Balmafula Lanando- Final Fantasy Tactics
Amano's Rydia- FFIV
Julia Heartily- FFVIII
Lani-FFIX (maybe)

Hope we can get a good mix of not just FFs but all kinds of VGs!

Ochiba-san
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm hoping to have

Amano Esper Terra (FF6)
Sora (KH2)
Selphie (FF8)
Bridget (Guilty Gear XX)
Tri-Edge (.Hack GU-- Maybe)

I don't know which ones I'll be bringing, but these should all be completed by then. I would love to join you Schizo. Just give us a time and a day. :D

Lady Saea
07-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Alas I shall have:
Holy Knight!Delita Hyral (FFT)
Laguna (FFVIII)
Amano Edge (FFIV)
I doubt FFIX's Blank will be done til Ikki.

vg_goddess02
07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I-no (Guilty Gear) and possibly Cynthia Valequez/Victim 16 (Silent Hill 4)

yamibakura03
07-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Got a secret game cosplay so wont tell. But hopefully it is done for onicon.

Arei
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Ill have a .hack cosplay..maybe..if I can get it done lol.

Arakhne
07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
I'll be Xianghua (Soul Calibur) and I'll have a Sueng-Mina (also Soul Calibur) with me.

Neko-Sama
07-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, in my Opnion, every1 always does any form of FF character [no doubt, one of the best/fun game EVER :D] which makes me sad b/c cosplaying a FF char. is alot of fun,
but i think that im going ahead and tryin out sumthin different, like, Something from the game World of Warcraft or Starcraft.

im just really excited about getting the costumes done ^^

yamibakura03
07-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Well mines is different too, Me and my bro are going to cosplay someone from the new paper mario game, (super Paper Mario) Hopefully we get to create an actual pure heart and carry it with us.

Danzikumaru
07-26-2007, 04:35 AM

If the Bleach Shoot is not interfering, we may bring Luc and Yuber out for their anniversary.

Slingshot
07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Funny thing is all my cosplays are videogame related lol. Anyways I plan to bring:

Leon S. Kennedy-OG RE2 Version(w/Desert Eagle airsoft gun if security oks it)
Rick-Splatterhouse 3(talk about obscure cosplays haha)
Ness-SSBM Version(my favorite cosplay)

I would bring my Zeke costume, but it still needs a good wig. My friend recommended a lady who sells wigs and is going to be at Oni :)

keikana
08-11-2007, 10:42 PM
nyarr, poppin' into the Oni-Con forums!

I think this may be my first out-of-state con!

I'm bringin' all game costumes this year, including:
Bridget (Guilty Gear XX)
Rhyme ("It's a Wonderful World"/Subarashiki Kono Sekai)
Reno (FFVII) (?)
Ichigo hoodie outfit (Katamari Damacy) (?)

(?) = not sure XB!

I'm excited for this con. ROOOOOAD TRIP! >:3

SchizoIori
08-15-2007, 11:00 AM
So I was thinkin' maybe a friday or saturday around 1 or 2. What would everyone like?

Cloud Z Strife
08-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Mine are almost all Video game cosplays . . so yayy

Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts 2
Amano version Squall LeonHeart from Final Fantasy VIII

Last one isnt game but I like it
ish Ban Midou from the get backers

At 2 on Satuday is the KH photoshoot so . . I would say do it at 1

yamibakura03
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
So I was thinkin' maybe a friday or saturday around 1 or 2. What would everyone like?

Saturday sounds much better, because fridays many are doing stuff like registrations, getting badges, hotel check in and other crazy stuff. Plus saturday's are the biggest days of a con ^^. Thats my opinion, i dont know about the rest of the folks.

Danzikumaru
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM

So long as we have time to change out of Luc and Yuber and get into our Bleach stuffs for the contest, then that's fine.

Kikala
08-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I still haven't figured out whether or not I'll have Classic FF7 Vincent for Oni or not... If I do, I'll try and make it to the shoot though. :D

SchizoIori
08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
So far it's sounding like saturday is the better day for people. So how about saturday at 1pm? That should give everyone wanting to be in contest enough time to get ready for rehearsal and what not.

Cloud Z Strife
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Yesh Indeed 1pm works in my book

HanakoWings
08-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Saturday because that seems to be my video game line up day!

rikus-nobody
08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
I have Saix, and I might have an original-concept Final Fantasy white mage. If I ever get around to hemming 456,237,591 triangles.

stephica
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
i was going to go as rikku on friday, but i havent found anyone that will come on friday with me yet, so im guessing that i can bring it sat...
then change into my anime costumes after....?????

C.C.
09-07-2007, 09:30 AM
i wanted to come to this, but if its at 1pm i dont think i can. could we maybe move it up to 12pm or even *shudder* 11:30 or something like that?

or, could we change it to a later time such as 2 or 3?

RedeadDie
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Kingdom Hearts Cosplay

Final Form Xemnas
Marluxia/Raver Marluxia (There's a slight chance I might not do Marluxia.)

...and my little sister might do Namine and/or Vexen

Togainu no Chi

Shiki

...I was planning on doing a .hack//G.U. cosplay, but from the looks of things I won't have it done by then.

vg_goddess02
09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
On time/date thing: I like Saturday the best too. 1 or 2 is perfectly fine for me! Though I'm available whenever, so whatever the time is I can surely make.

manazeal
09-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I plan on going as Chrono if I ever find time to work on my costume

Danzikumaru
09-09-2007, 12:44 AM

As it looks, this is starting to interfere with the Bleach shoot, which is no bueno for us...

Kuragiman
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I do not want to miss this one. The VG shoot at AnimeFest fell apart before I could get to it and I was only late by 5 minutes.. .@_@.

Catzilerella
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I do not want to miss this one. The VG shoot at AnimeFest fell apart before I could get to it and I was only late by 5 minutes.. .@_@.

*huggles*
We shall rush down there and be 5 min early this next time!

I'll be bringing Kula Diamond KOF
Also Kula cosplaying K' but likely the one I'll wear to the shoot is Kula.

I say if it's on FRiday it should be later in the day around 4 or 5pm or something.
But probably best on SAt 1 or 2pm sounds cool by me.
^_^

Cloud Z Strife
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
WE need to keep it at one or earlyer . . . cause I will be busy with KH after words . . so. . yeah. . . NO MOVING

Wuffers
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah... most of mine or Videogame or videogame-based. I only have one costume that's not going to be from a videogame.

Sora in normal form (KH2)
Organization Riku
Rave!Organization Riku

The Riku cosplays are gonna be on Saturday and the Sora is gonna be on Friday, so... Yeah.

SchizoIori
09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I understand that this is going to conflict with other photoshoots, but I think one is a fairly good time. It gives people who are doing morning cosplay a chance to change, and those doing cosplay contest time to get into their contest stuff. I really don't want to sound unfair to anyone, but I really don't want to change the time. Sorry. *bows*

Does anyone have a meeting place suggestion?

vg_goddess02
09-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, the Skybridge on the 3rd floor sounds popular...why not there? XD

Hah, 3 shoots would be there and right after another. Hey, photographers won't have to run!

EmperorCesar
10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
My gf and I will be going as Solid Snake and Meryl from MGS1. If you went to A-kon this year you've probably already seen us.

Kuragiman
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I have this photoshoot placed in the Unoffical-Offical scheudling thread for 1 on Saturday but there is no Group leader specified or meeting place confirmed. Could someone please get me that information so I can update the records. Respond here or just PM me with the info. Thanks!

vg_goddess02
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Well I suggested some place but nobody has said anything on it ;-;

Ryouko
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I've never been to this hotel before, so I can't confirm the shoot location. XD Wherever ya'll choose is fine. Just wanted to add my costume to the lineup, I'll be cosplaying as Greiga Beast Out Rockman from Battle Network 6. n.n

Kuragiman
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
I've never been to this hotel before, so I can't confirm the shoot location. XD Wherever ya'll choose is fine. Just wanted to add my costume to the lineup, I'll be cosplaying as Greiga Beast Out Rockman from Battle Network 6. n.n

Well everyone else is putting their shoot up on the 3rd floor Skybridge area so why not jump on the band wagon. ^_^ Makes it easy on us photographers since everyone will be in the same area right after one another. Other shoots are meeting in the hotel lobby and then setting off from there.

vg_goddess02
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Well everyone else is putting their shoot up on the 3rd floor Skybridge area so why not jump on the band wagon. ^_^ Makes it easy on us photographers since everyone will be in the same area right after one another.That is why I suggested that XD

I would say put that unless otherwise.

Lady Saea
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Just watch out. If this shoot is an hour after the Bleach one, I'd advise a different location.

Bleach shoots do not last under an hour. So it might be better to set up somewhere else.

vg_goddess02
10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Then we'll just kick them away XD

No, but seriously, Phoenix Wright shoot was after Guilty Gear at AX, but they just moved them away. They were just an hour apart too, I believe.

Danzikumaru
10-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Then we'll just kick them away XD

No, but seriously, Phoenix Wright shoot was after Guilty Gear at AX, but they just moved them away. They were just an hour apart too, I believe.

That's...not going to work as easily with a group the size of the Bleach shoot.

vg_goddess02
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Mm, well I don't see it as a problem.

I don't know exactly how big the group is, nor have I really apart of a HUGE group, but the shoots I've attended really lasted about a half hour and then for the rest of the time was goofing around. If that's the case, couldn't they move off to the side while this shoot takes place?

I don't know my way around GBCC(only been there once) and nobody has made any other suggestions, so I just chose that as it seemed the most popular n.n

Arei
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Bleach photoshoot will often have 30+ people. The shoots are done in groups, Captains, Vice Captains, Captain + Vice Captains, Arrancar, Female characters, Those who saved Rukia, Those saving Orihime, Couples, so on and so forth. It takes over an hour and a half + for these shoots. Trust me, I've been going to the Bleach shoots since last year. And seeing as how the fandom just keeps growing theres more and more people every year.

Just trying to give you a look at how big and long Bleach shoots can be. (look at my gallery for photos of the previous Bleach shoots)

vg_goddess02
10-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Ah. I forgot about little groups that there would/could be. And Bleach does have alot, hah.

Edit: Wait, where is the Bleach shoot? In the "unofficial" shoot topic it says the hotel lobby but in the Bleach thread it says 2nd floor of the center. So how would being at the Skybridge interfere, if it's one of those? Then again, the Organization XIII shoot is at 1:30 on the Skybridge, so it's probably not a great location anyway.

So, then, um, I don't know XD;. Like I said, only been there once so I don't know my way around.

Ryouko
10-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Surely this Bleach group can spare the space. I would assume after they've already had an hour, and they were down to just small group shots, they would not need the entire area. We all know how to share, yes? :P

Third floor sounds good to me, it seems to be a favourite spot of many.

Haha... now lets just hope I can get up that far in my full-out armor/beast costume. =_=;;;

Danzikumaru
10-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Surely this Bleach group can spare the space. I would assume after they've already had an hour, and they were down to just small group shots, they would not need the entire area. We all know how to share, yes? :P

Third floor sounds good to me, it seems to be a favourite spot of many.

Haha... now lets just hope I can get up that far in my full-out armor/beast costume. =_=;;;

Once again...you have probably never been to a Bleach shoot. Depending on the size of the group, in an hour we MIGHT be through all the Shinigami. Then comes the Ryoka. Then the Arrancar. Then the other characters. And THEN you get to smaller group shots.

The bottom line is that both groups brought this upon themselves. I've never been to a con where EVERY shoot insisted on being on Saturday afternoon, and all in the same general area. There is STILL plenty of room on Friday and Sunday.

Ryouko
10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
I have seen a Bleach shoot. Several, in fact. As well as Naruto shoots, and Final Fantasy shoots... and I rarely see one extend past an hour.

I'm not the one who suggested the location, and I'm fine with moving. How large is this area? We'll probably need quite a bit of space - if previous Video Game gatherings at other cons are any indication.

Anyways, I'm really excited for one! The Video Game shoot at A-kon ended up being so large that we were kicked out of the area in like five minutes. XD (Who would've thought the most empty area of the previous year would end up so CROWDED the next for no reason).

Are there any other Capcom-related costumes showing up? I have a feeling I may be a lonesome dove in my Megaman gear. XD

yamibakura03
10-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Now i dont know if i should bring either Pit or Peach (SBBB) for this photoshoot. I wonder if there be any other SSBB cosplayers.

but yes bleach photoshoot take a long time, popularity so it will take a while for it to dissapear.

Wuffers
10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Okay, so slight update on my costumes. Instead of Sora I'm bringing young Balthier. I'm still doing the two Rikus. The last day is gonna be my concept of what Myde - Demyx's somebody - looks like.

SchizoIori
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok people seem to be arguing about a location. I think that for all intents and purposes we should meet a different floor of the convention center. No offense to Bleach cosplayers intended, but when larger groups have staked out an area, they tend to get a little upset if another group tries to come in and use it at the same time. If anyone went to the bleach shoot at a-kon it was at least 1 and 1/2 to two hours long. Besides, there is going to be a ton of people there and having two groups would clutter up the area and stop traffic flow for non-cosplaying con goers. By having a different location everyone is happy and no one has to share the space. I'm sure some photographers wouldn't mind splitting up their time.

ANd by no means does the shoot have to be on a differnet floor. This is just a suggestion.

Ryouko
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
It sounds like the Bleach group is now on the 2nd floor, so we should be fine for the 3rd.

Kuragiman
10-12-2007, 07:29 AM
It sounds like the Bleach group is now on the 2nd floor, so we should be fine for the 3rd.

Cat-Chan PM'd me that the Bleach shoot is gathering on the 2nd floor at the Escalator area so I think the Video game shoot will be safe.

vg_goddess02
10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
But like I mentioned, the Organization XIII group is meeting at 1:30 on the Skybridge 3rd floor. Could we do the shoot in a half hour?

Unless we're not meaning the Skybridge and just be on the 3rd floor, then disregard me!

Otherwise I came to suggest the Hotel Lobby. Nobody will be around there at that time. And I don't think it'll be a hassle for photographers. If they wanted to make the Organization group, they just ride the elevator to the 3rd floor and go to the bridge, right? XD I don't know my way around so I may be wrong.

DawnYuuki
10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Alright, well, you guys need a Tales cosplayer, so I'll be showing up as Luke from Tales of the Abyss. ^_^ That is if I can find whatever location y'all decide upon. Lol.

Ryouko
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Seeing as it's so close to the con, I say we keep our location to the 3rd floor. We'll work something out if it gets too crowded. If we change locations too many times, people won't know where to meet.

DugFinn
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Why don't ya'll just do the Video game photoshoot in front of the Video Game Room/Arcade. That's where it was done last year and it was a really great location because everyone will know where that area is located. It's very specific. It's even marked on the map. I can probably even get Big Bruno (guy in charge of the video game room/arcade) to come out and "award" the "best video game cosplay" award and maybe even a prize to one of ya'll, since it is video game related. So.... Sat at 1 pm in front of the video game room/arcade?

Danzikumaru
10-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Why don't ya'll just do the Video game photoshoot in front of the Video Game Room/Arcade. That's where it was done last year and it was a really great location because everyone will know where that area is located. It's very specific. It's even marked on the map. I can probably even get Big Bruno (guy in charge of the video game room/arcade) to come out and "award" the "best video game cosplay" award and maybe even a prize to one of ya'll, since it is video game related. So.... Sat at 1 pm in front of the video game room/arcade?

I think it's a bit late to change it. And it wouldn't exactly be in the spirit of a friendly fandom gathering to suddenly turn it into a contest...

DugFinn
10-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I think it's a bit late to change it. And it wouldn't exactly be in the spirit of a friendly fandom gathering to suddenly turn it into a contest...
Change it? You mean something has been decided on already? I scrolled through 3+ pages of "arguing", but no definitive answer.
Also, all other sites that I've been to that have compiled an "Onicon photoshoot list" have the VG photoshoot at 1 pm, but location as TBA/undecided, as in, it's still up in the air, so changing it one way or another doesn't really matter because most people don't even know where it's supposed to take place in the first place to begin with. I read through all the posts in this thread and I still don't know where it's supposed to take place.
Where ever ya'll decide be specific: 2nd floor where? 3rd floor where? That's why I suggested in front of the video game room/arcade. It's impossible to not find that location, where as by simply stating a floor... Do you guys know how BIG the GRB floors are?! Stating a floor number is horribly vage. Please decide and announce whatever area you guys have supposedly decided on because I'm still clueless and so are lots of other people.

So, where is this photoshoot taking place?

yamibakura03
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Most decided on the the 3rd floor so it doesnt interupt other photoshoots.
however, since sayign 3rd floor people wondering what part? as in the main level or skybridge.
Where is the gaming area? that might help people look at the map and say, oh there it is and see people for the photoshoot. but thats my opinion.

Kuragiman
10-18-2007, 07:35 AM
I REALLY REALLY want to attend this shoot and do photowork but my own schedule records show only a time and no location or leader for the group.

Where? Who? These are the things the photographer must know.

EDIT: As soon I asked I got an answer. 3rd Floor Skybridge it is.. .Bring your chains and lead pipes to fight off the other shoots up there. :D

RanChan03
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
friend and i will be doing laharal and vyers (NOT MID BOSS) from disgaea this weekend