PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls Cosplay

Nine
05-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Haha! Spice Girls cosplay time! XD I've allways wanted to cosplay Geri Halliwell, and I'm finally going to. XD I had a choice between two of her outfits... The Union Jack dress from the '97 brits, or the red.. thing with the fluffy tail from the Spice Up Your Life preformance at the end of the Spice World movie. I chose the red thing. XD

It would be cool to get a Spice Girls group for a con.. XD

Hikaru Tsuki
05-03-2003, 01:38 AM
Oh yes! Count me in! I've wanted to cosplay Mel C since before I knew what cosplay was! XD As for WHAT costume, I have no idea. Probably one of her more flashy ones from their tour. ^^

Michi
05-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Darnit. I'd join you but you already picked my favorite Spice Girl! Oh well. I want photos. >D You always have the best ideas, Nine.

Nine
05-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks, Michi! XD I want to do this costume now, but I won't be able to get the wig for a while.. :S I wanna get a wig that looks exactly like her hair in the picture I posted.. muhahaha XD If I got a wig like that, I'd wear it all the time. XD

Troppy
05-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Nine, I love you to pieces, but please. Don't taint an anime con like that. XDDD;;;

Nine
05-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Why?? *cries* I'd wear it along with the other non Japanese related cosplayers!! ...plus the Spice Girls have been to Japan. That should count! XD

Troppy
05-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Jeezus, sweetie, I didn't mean to upset ya. I'm just one of those people who disapproves of Harry Potter and such invading anime cons. Yes, I love the outfits, and yes, I respect the cosplayers, but everything has its place. Anime cons, in my opinion, are for Japanese culture.

and on that note, the Backstreet Boys have been to Japan too. That doesn't make it right. XD

Nine
05-04-2003, 11:27 PM
lol, I wasn't upset;) If I was upset, I'd be like..

"WHAT THE HELL! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? (haha no pun intended.. no SPICE GIRL RELATED pun.. ;)) HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN AND CANNOT WEAR A COSTUME!!!1" XD

But still.. even though an anime con is suppost to be for anime characters, I'd like to wear it to the dance, like my friend wore her wrestling costume to the Sakuracon 2003 dance. ^^ I'd have lotsa costumes to wear that are Japanese Culture related. :) *looks at his list of people he wants to cosplay, and looks at no money..* *Cries*

Reiko
05-05-2003, 02:43 PM
anyone doing Posh? LOL I would love to do that....I was sporty in .. 7th grade I think and won for a look alike....

daria_jack
05-05-2003, 02:47 PM
OMG your doing Geri, that's so cool!!! I totaly love Geri (the spice girls days, not now) I've always wanted to do her, but I can't get fabrics. Both outfits you picked out are great, but I wanna do the say you'll be there *LOL* I've also been in two shows as Geri, one with 2 become 1, and the other one with Who do you think you are or whatever it's called (prettysilver where also in both), I didn't have the union jack though. And, I would love to do group with you as Mel B, but I can't go to Canada, bummer

BTW, I love your avater Nine

Nine
05-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I hate how Geri looks now.. ~_~ I prefer her when she her red hair and some meat on her bones.

Jinx
05-06-2003, 03:56 AM
I would be Victoria, but I look nothing like any of the Spice Girls. :P

Oh yeah, and I agree with Troppy.. Spice Girls don't belong at anime conventions. :P Maaaaaybe SDCC, but you might get some tomatos thrown at you.

Nine
05-06-2003, 05:35 AM
if worst comes to worst, I'll say my costume is from a totally new and cool anime currently under developement in japan. XD

Jinx
05-07-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Nine
if worst comes to worst, I'll say my costume is from a totally new and cool anime currently under developement in japan. XD

¬_¬;;;;

CandyElly
05-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Dude! The Spice Girls kick ass! When I was in middle school I'd buy tons of slutty lingerie at yardsales and pretend I was Geri *lol*

Nine
05-12-2003, 11:50 PM
omg that's so cool XD I should take a trip to value village to see what i can find. lol