PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright cosplay help

Puricu
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying as either Franziska von Karma or Mia Fey from Phoenix Wright next year, and I would love some pattern tips for either costume, more specifically Franziska's vest and Mia's jacket. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Grey Finch
07-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I haven't worked with Franziska, but I made a Mia Fey for my friend. What I did was I took the pattern of a regular fitted jacket (since hers is rather snug) and lengthened it so it would be long enough to act as a skirt-jacket combo thing. For the top lapel pattern, instead of using the same color as the rest of the jacket, I used white. Then I just added a zipper and a white belt and presto. :]

Varnani
07-07-2007, 07:56 PM
http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4081

I'm going to remake my vest/coat thingie for Franziska so it's more form-fitting. I'd recommend this pattern. :D You need to remove the sleeves and possibly lengthen the front, and of course the buttons are going to have to be different. (I wouldn't recommend actually making button holes for them- they're big and funny shaped, it's probably a waste of thread.)

Puricu
07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks, both of you!

dawgbowl
07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I'll be at Otakon as Phoenix Wright, if anyone else is going as any characters from the series we should meetup at least once!

kojirojames2004
07-16-2007, 10:37 PM
And yell "OBJECTION!" a lot of times.