PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Cosplay?

Rawrzellers
07-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Okay so I want to cosplay Hunni-Sempai but the thing is, is that I am 6' 1" and still growing but I like to act very childish but not to childish and I really would like to be Hunni-Sempai but I am afraid that people might put me down :[

Varnani
07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
To tell the truth people will probably think you're cosplaying Tamaki, since their hair is similar...

You should find a really short Mori and pose with him or her. X) It would make for really funny pictures.

Rawrzellers
07-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Hehe well the Mori I am going with is taller then me but maybe not for long because I tend to grow most of the time in the summer..... damn my efing tallness!!!!

chris-chan
07-07-2007, 11:37 PM
im only 5'6". :(

but yeah, youll probably will be confused for tamaki-sama. why did they have to make them look so much alike?

Usachan
07-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Good luck if you still plan on cosplaying as Hunny, I've done him before and
I'm 5'4/5'5. He's a fun character and as long as you act like him, you should
be fine. Cosplay is about having a good time and not worrying about height etc

Atashi
07-08-2007, 01:48 AM
No, please don't do it, you'll ruin Hunny's image. There's only so tall you can be before you can't pull off a good cosplay anymore. You're better suited for Tamaki, who is hyperactive in his own way and officially 6' tall.

Koisnake
07-08-2007, 11:00 AM
No, please don't do it, you'll ruin Hunny's image. There's only so tall you can be before you can't pull off a good cosplay anymore. You're better suited for Tamaki, who is hyperactive in his own way and officially 6' tall.

LAWL, that was kind of harsh. I know its true but you could have said it in kinder terms. If you want to cosplay as Hunny, go ahead. Though, it be kinda funny. I'm only 5' 3", your way taller than me. Maybe, try Tamaki. Hes childish himself, you know.

IzumiContraband
07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I like the idea of tall Hunny and short Mori...XD
Hate to say it, but...yeah, it will probably confuse many of your fellow con-goers to see Hunny about a foot taller than he's supposed to be. However...we can't all be perfect for what we want to cosplay. So if you're dead-set on Hunny, go for it. : )

Rawrzellers
07-08-2007, 04:37 PM
But I am confused wouldn't the pink bunny kinda resemble that I am Hunny?

Rawrzellers
07-08-2007, 04:40 PM

Yeah you could have said that a lot better >:[

Rayonea
07-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I say do it. I'd much rather see a really tall Hunny that is having fun and cares about the character than a shorter one who is just going along with the theme. ^_^

And really? No one is going to be dead accurately short. Hunny is a little taller than the other characters' waist. It's VERY unlikely that you'll find a Hunny cosplayer who is actually that short.

And walking around with the flippy hair, a bunny, and a Mori cosplayer? Chances are you're not going to be mistaken for Tamaki. I would think that if they've watched the show, they wouldn't make that mistake.

If you're worried about it, spend some time and get some poses together that make you look shorter, or that de-emphasize your height. Sitting on the floor, hiding behind your Mori, or maybe if Mori can pick you up, you could do that. Try the poses out, and look at what you're doing in the mirror, see what works best for pictures.

Also you might want to check out this thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105349). And more specifically this post (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=1758064&postcount=17) about tailoring if you want to look shorter.

Go for it, and I hope you have fun with your cosplay. ^_^

Rawrzellers
07-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I say do it. I'd much rather see a really tall Hunny that is having fun and cares about the character than a shorter one who is just going along with the theme. ^_^

And really? No one is going to be dead accurately short. Hunny is a little taller than the other characters waist. It's VERY unlikely that you'll find a Hunny cosplayer who is actually that short.

And walking around with the flippy hair, a bunny, and a Mori cosplayer? Chances are you're not going to be mistaken for Tamaki. I would think that if they've watched the show, they wouldn't make that mistake.

If you're worried about it, spend some time and get some poses together that make you look shorter, or that de-emphasize your height. Sitting on the floor, hiding behind your Mori, or maybe if Mori can pick you up, you could do that. Try the poses out, and look at what you're doing in the mirror, see what works best for pictures.

Also you might want to check out this thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105349). And more specifically this post (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=1758064&postcount=17) about tailoring if you want to look shorter.

Go for it, and I hope you have fun with your cosplay. ^_^

OMG YOU BOOSTED MY SELF ESTEEM POINTS BY LIKE A THOUSAND THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hedgehogey
07-08-2007, 10:36 PM
If it helps, you could always get a Mori cosplayer and have him wear platform shoes. Or just kneel below the camera's angle for photos.

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
If it helps, you could always get a Mori cosplayer and have him wear platform shoes. Or just kneel below the camera's angle for photos.

That works to thankies much!

Roleplaywulf
07-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh gosh. Don't listen to them! If you want to go as Hunny, go for it! As long as you keep his hair looking like Hunny's and carry Bun-Bun, you'll do fine!

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh gosh. Don't listen to them! If you want to go as Hunny, go for it! As long as you keep his hair looking like Hunny's and carry Bun-Bun, you'll do fine!

WOOT!!!! Then I will do it :]

Thankies much to all of you who gave me support I feel much better now you all get free Pocky if I ever meet you... give me a PM and tell me what cons you are going to be at so I can keep an eye out for you guys and I will always have loads of Pocky on me :]
Oh wait I will mail you guys thankies again :] <33333333333333333

Roleplaywulf
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
LAWL, your very welcome. Are you going to the Ohayocon?

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 06:13 PM
LAWL, your very welcome. Are you going to the Ohayocon?

No but where is it? People keep talking about it

Saaski_Moql
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear you chose to do it =) I was all set to write out reasons why you should, but I was beaten to the punch! XD

After all, cosplay is about having fun and dressing up as a character you like/costume you like. You like Hunny, so do him! (not that you need to hear it again!) I do agree--if you find a Mori cosplayer shorter than you, it will be very funny. Or you could pretend that you are Angry!Hunny who turned huge and now is going to squish everyone in the host club!

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear you chose to do it =) I was all set to write out reasons why you should, but I was beaten to the punch! XD

After all, cosplay is about having fun and dressing up as a character you like/costume you like. You like Hunny, so do him! (not that you need to hear it again!) I do agree--if you find a Mori cosplayer shorter than you, it will be very funny. Or you could pretend that you are Angry!Hunny who turned huge and now is going to squish everyone in the host club!

Lol ANGRY HUNNY GOING TO EAT THE WORLD OF ITS CAKE!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDD
Thats for the idea :]

Saaski_Moql
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
No problem. It would be great to see. XD Hunny SMASH!

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
No problem. It would be great to see. XD Hunny SMASH!

WOOT!!!!!!! I love this site everyone is soooo nice :]

Usachan
07-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Were you at Anime Expo? I was reading you were from California and got
to be thinking of all the Anime Conventions near you. If you would like to
find a Anime Convention near you, I would highly reccomend checking this
out. Again, I think you would make a cute Hunny and I hope you have fun
cosplaying as him. I have a couple Hunny cosplay pictures in my Photo Gallery

http://www.animecons.com/events/state.shtml/CA002

Jupiter~Moon
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I say just go for it!!! who cares about your height?? If their focusing on your height then they got iiiissssuuuueeessss. hee hee

Rawrzellers
07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
WHEE I LOVE SUPPORT!!!!!! >w<

Amiyuri
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
And really? No one is going to be dead accurately short. Hunny is a little taller than the other characters' waist. It's VERY unlikely that you'll find a Hunny cosplayer who is actually that short.

OMG, thats ironic, I am the exact height as Hunny. LOL *sob* fifteen and I'm still the size of my 5th grade sister.:bigcry:

Amiyuri
07-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I think it would be cool if, like you were with another hunny and yall walked around together! Kawaii!!*glomps*

Rawrzellers
07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I think it would be cool if, like you were with another hunny and yall walked around together! Kawaii!!*glomps*
Hehe thank you :]

Sivxi
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm going to echo the idea that people will probably mistake you for Tamaki a lot but if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

Rawrzellers
07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Eh at this point I just want to have fun.