PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing fans?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Heero(f)
07-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Are there any fans of Gundam Wing here? Alot people who did Gundam Wing donīt seem to be active anymore. I often chat with Miri who cosplays Quatre but otherwise I donīt meet any Gundam Cosplayers. Alot accounts donīt contain photos...I mean...they could be deleated. I see alot Naruto Cosplayers. Are there still any fans of Gundam Wing or people who are planning to do a certain character?

Rayonea
07-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I love Gundam Wing. <3

I just finished up a Lady Une cosplay, but I don't have any pics yet (I'm fixing some pieces before I get photos). And I definitely have plans for a Catherine cosplay for next year, but that might get switched to Hilde if my friends does a Duo cosplay. ^_^

I'd plan to do some of the pilots, but crossplay is uncomfortable for me. ^_^;; However, I'd like to cosplay most of the females. ^_^

Saaski_Moql
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I think the reasons why you don't see so many PROMINENT fans of GW anymore is because, while it used to be the anime, it's a much older one. GW was one of the first things to really go mainstream, so it was a lot of people's first. Now Naruto, FMA, and Inuyasha (yes, still XD) are much bigger, very popular, and, most importantly, newer. Since Gundam Wing isn't popularized very much anymore, it's the fans who remember it who have to spread the love.

Gah...X_x that sounds like it's a dying memory or something, which is depressing.

I am a fan though, and I can assure you that I know quite a few people who will say the same. I'm hoping to cosplay a pilot one of these days myself.

Oh, and if you're looking for pictures, just go to the photos section and search "gundam wing". There's over 1,500 photos and quite a few of them are recent. There's even a Heero (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1093599) or two. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1032129)

Technicolor
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I love Gundam Wing! Its one of the first Anime I watched as a kid. its still the best Gundam in my opinion.
It would be awesome to cosplay Trowa's circus outfit but I'm not really planning on it.

Heero(f)
07-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Coooool!! *is happy now* The problem is that germany is not very...up to date. lol! Gundam Wing has just been in our tv for the first time and in other countries there are already alot new anime series. However I know it from the internet, for 3 years now I think. :-)))

Rayonea: Cool, Lady Une and Catherine...^_____^

Yeah, but those Heero´s don´t REALLY look like Heero. That´s boring...

Volnixshin
07-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually, I once did a Roche Nattano Cosplay for a dress up event.

He's from Gundam Wing G Unit if you didn't know. (Last Outpost in the US)

Ex-S Cosplayer
07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
What'd really be difficult but totally awesome to try is to cosplay as the gundams themselves. They wouldn't have to be perfect, just recognizable. I've thought about trying to make a wingzero or epyon cosplay, though they're still a long ways off on my priority list at the moment...

Volnixshin
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Here are some slideshows of mine:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eAz25QSJSk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s3jqng1LGjg

BOTH have Gundam (like Mobile Suit) Cosplayers. I also have some on facebook, so if you want to see some really neat Gundam Cosplay, hit me up via PM.

Heero(f)
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Ex-S Cosplayer: To cosplay as the gundams...this would be funny. lol! Epyon and Wing Zero, that´s cool!! Thanks for commenting my Heero Cosplay. I ordered a wig, should arrive this week. :-) And new better spandex shorts.

I´m a girl but...that doesn´t mean I can´t cosplay as Heero. ;-) I mean...if I look a bit like him, it´s okay, isn´t it? And with the wig it´ll be much better. *happy*

Captain A.D.D
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Ex-S Cosplayer: To cosplay as the gundams...this would be funny. lol! Epyon and Wing Zero, thatīs cool!! Thanks for commenting my Heero Cosplay. I ordered a wig, should arrive this week. :-) And new better spandex shorts.

Iīm a girl but...that doesnīt mean I canīt cosplay as Heero. ;-) I mean...if I look a bit like him, itīs okay, isnīt it? And with the wig itīll be much better. *happy*

Heero has a kind of feminine look...

Heero(f)
07-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Captain A.D.D.: Exactly. Heero really has something feminine. That´s so cute!! lol! And Quatre too. I think alot boys that cosplay Quatre and Heero just don´t look good. I don´t like it, ´cause their bodies are too...*takes her dictionary out*...massive. ;-) GIRLS DO IT BETTER!! *g*

Saaski_Moql
07-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't think you should call it boring if a person doesn't look like/exactly like the character. That's not really fair to, well, everyone ^^; Looking like a chara is definitely a cool plus, but being able to make and wear their costume is still just as good.

I agree though-- girls do often have an easier time cosplaying bishis, because many anime males have feminine looks, like Quatre or Duo for instance.

Usachan
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Tottaly BIG Gundam Wing fan here. I have a good friend who comes every
year just to see the voice actor(Scott Mcneil) who voiced Duo Maxwell and
cosplays as him very well. I would love to see a cosplay of Relena Peacecraft

Heero(f)
07-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Usachan: EWWW!! That´s cool!! :-)) You can use the costume search funktion, there are a few Relena Peacecrafts. ;-) They look pretty good.

Saaski_Moql: Sorry, I didn´t want to insult anyone, it´s just my opinion.

Amechan
07-09-2007, 04:06 AM
I've been actually thinking of doing a Relena Peacecraft cosplay later on. No one seems to like her very much in GW fandom... which I find sort of odd. She's not that bad. Anywho, I was thinking of cosplaying as Queen Relena... but I dunno. It'll probably be a while before I can add a Relena costume to my cosplay arsenal.

Miri
07-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Even though GW is old, I'm still in love with it. XD Maybe that's mostly because it was my gateway into Anime (along with Sailor Moon and Speed Racer XD), so it will always hold a special place in my heart. XD

Plus Quatre's my favorite bishie ever. *pokes avatar* :P

Heero(f)
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Edit Quatre: so it will always hold a special place in my heart. XD

EWWWW!! *pats Quatre* :-))

I think Relenaīs not THAT bad. I donīt understand why some people are annoyed when someone cosplays as Relena. Sometimes she can be a cute girl. :toothy: => did I just say that??!!! WHATīS WRONG WITH ME??!!

Saaski_Moql
07-09-2007, 11:07 AM
XD I understand if you want people to look like the characters. Just keep in my it won't happen that often. (And that you're allowed to compliment a cosplay even if the human inside isn't perfect =p)

Relena...I don't think she's that bad either. Some episodes she's annoying, sure, but she's important and usually quite smart. Personally I think Relena-bashers are just a bit more annoying, because then everything gets over exaggerated!

Wufei's my favorite character, but I don't think I'd be able to do him justice in a cosplay...no pun intended. I was thinking perhaps Duo, maybe. I've got a Heero glare down pat, but methinks walking around in spandex, even at a con, would be pushing it for me XD

Heero(f)
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I know, I know. ;-) I´m not perfect either. *plays with gun* I know it´s not very often that people look like the characters. They don´t have to but IF they do, it´s very cool!!

You like Wufei? That´s cool! I don´t meet alot people who like Wufei. Wufei´s funny, I love the "injustice" thing. Muahaha!!

Yeah...spandex. I do weightlifting at the moment to get more muscles ´cause of my Heero Cosplay. *gg* And I do jogging...

alle_goriest
07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I love love LOVE Gundam Wing. <3 It will always be my favourite anime series and I really hope that one day I can force everyone I know to cosplay it with me and have the entire main cast. ^__^

I have yet to do any GW cosplay, but it's at the top of my list. I want to grow my hair out a little more before I do Duo, and the others I want to cosplay basically every single girl in the show. XD So yay!

But I've never seen any good Gundam Wing cosplayers in person! ;O; Change this! (I still say that if I ever see a handsome Treize, he will be asked for multiple hugs.)

Heero(f)
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I haven´t seen alot good GW cosplayers either, as I said before, but there are still some nice cosplays on here.
I think this Heero is cute. :-) That´s a girl!! http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=7539
Great Relena cosplay here:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=330931

*pouts* do I at least look a little bit like Heero?? XD!
However, the black spandex shorts and the wig are still missing, I ordered both online. Must arrive tomorrow...

Miri
07-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Hopefully GW will make a little bit of a comeback- They're re-releasing the series for HD, and I guess there's rumors of the 'Odds and Evens' stuff that was cut out on there.

Heero(f)
07-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I hope so too. I´ve just received my spandex shorts and wig. *jumps up and down in front of the mirror* I´ve just made new photos. what do you think?

Kenlink Wilder
07-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm a definite fan! It was the first anime I watched as well...

Heero(f)
07-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Cool, I LOVE Gundam Wing fans!! ^__^ My first anime was DragonBall. I still love DragonBall but now I watch more Gundam W. than DBZ. ;-)

natsukoarts
07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Gundam Wing rulz! Trowa cosplayer...

Heero(f)
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
you cosplay Trowa?? I LOVE Trowa too! ;-) He´s so nice and cute! I mean...you must be crazy to rescue Heero and take care of him for a month, but that´s why I love him so much! lol! *drooool* *Yaoi fan* *g* But I also love Quatre with Heero. *muahah*

PluieEnfant
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Ahh! Gundam Wing! Trowa is my absolute favorite!!! :D For AFO this August, I'll be cosplaying as Heero Yuy in his St. Gabriel's school uniform. I've never seen anyone do it and I want to see if anyone recognizes me.

I'm just your average, undercover schoolboy. :)

Heero(f)
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey, that´s cool!! I have never seen anyone in the St. Gabriel´s school uniform either. I´m sure it´ll be great!! Can´t wait for photos´f you!! :-)
Question: If your favourite Gundam pilot´s Trowa, why will you cosplay Heero? ;-)

PluieEnfant
07-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey, thatīs cool!! I have never seen anyone in the St. Gabrielīs school uniform either. Iīm sure itīll be great!! Canīt wait for photosīf you!! :-)
Question: If your favourite Gundam pilotīs Trowa, why will you cosplay Heero? ;-)

I'm almost done with it so I'll take pics at my house just for the Gundam Wing fans. :D

I'm planning on doing a Trowa cosplay next year with my friend who will go as Catherine. She can't go to the con this year so I'm just gonna solo it and be Heero. I like Heero too anyway and I haven't cosplayed a schoolboy yet. Haha. Ahhh, crossplay. Good stuff.

Heero(f)
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I did that too. Already got alot compliments, I´m proud to be such a good-looking Heero. lol! Have you already seen my photos? I haven´t been to a con yet. I wanted to, but I´ll get operated soon, so I can´t...

PluieEnfant
07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
That's cool. I'm gonna go check out your pics. :) I hope everything goes well!

Heero(f)
07-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks! When I´m better I´ll visit Miri (Quatre) and we´ll go to a con and make alot photos. XD I´ll go to America and visit her, that will be so cool!!

PluieEnfant
07-12-2007, 04:26 PM
That is cool! Yay. You get to visit Quatre in the States! When I'm older I'll be able to go and visit my faraway con friends. So much fun! I love conning!

Heero(f)
07-13-2007, 03:42 AM
I´m so proud that alot people like my Heero Cosplay. That means alot to me ´cause it was also hard work to pose sometimes. I´ve seen some spandex shorts in a shop nearby. Today I´ll go and buy them ALL. Muahaha!!

Miri
07-13-2007, 07:19 AM
That'd be so cool if we could get a full group together when you come over. :D

Also, Fun note, my sister is going to dress up as Irea for me for photos sometime. XD I just need to buy her the wig first. Yay obscure characters that are only in one episode! >_>;;

PluieEnfant
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
That's cooool. Yay. Siblings! It would be crazy if you could get a few Maganac to follow you around. ^_^

As for Heero(f). Go, get some spandex! What's a Heero without his spandex?

Heero(f)
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
hey Quatre, that´d be cool. I wanna see more photos of you cosplaying Quatre. Hihihi!! I´d love to see Sylvia Noventa so she can shoot me, but I haven´t seen a Noventa cosplayer yet. lol!

Today I´ve bought I think 8 spandex shorts. O.O There were so many and I couldn´t dedice which I shall buy. And my mother said: "Take them ALL!" looooooool!! That was great!! I have the colours: 2xblack, 1xgrey, 1xwhite, 1xblue, 1xyellow^^

Miri
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Aww, don't worry, I'll of course I'll make more photos. Quatre's my absolute fav, so I've gotta. XD I live near a new hotel/convention center that has a real fancy Library- I've gotta go get shots from in there. :D

That's funny you mention her, as I was thinking of doing a Sylvia cosplay for one of those easy con Sundays. Well when you come over we can take some of those. XP

I can't imagine Heero with yellow shorts... XD

Heero(f)
07-13-2007, 04:13 PM
MUAHAHA!! Heero with yellow shorts will certainly be very cool. I´ll try it soon. *gg* Yeah....i think you´d also be a good Sylvia Noventa. XD Ok. We make photos and I´ll give you my gun. *gg*
Btw. Did you see my new photos already?

Miri
07-13-2007, 04:25 PM
That's cooool. Yay. Siblings! It would be crazy if you could get a few Maganac to follow you around. ^_^

Oops! I missed this post before. XD

I've been talking to another friend of mine, and she was actually working on making a Maqunac group. o_o I thought my boyfriend, who's 6'5" and towers over me would be a great Rashid, so I'll atleast have him sometime. XD

And Heero, Yes I did. :D

PluieEnfant
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Oops! I missed this post before. XD

I've been talking to another friend of mine, and she was actually working on making a Maqunac group. o_o I thought my boyfriend, who's 6'5" and towers over me would be a great Rashid, so I'll atleast have him sometime. XD

Ooooh. That's so cool. All 40 of them? XD Or maybe just ten, or five. Yeah, five is plenty. Wow, that would be cool having your very own Rashid! I don't have anyone to cosplay with so I'll just make a Relena plushie with her party dress. We'll dance. And then I'll shoot her....finally....^_^;;

serenity_relena
07-13-2007, 05:18 PM
I've been actually thinking of doing a Relena Peacecraft cosplay later on. No one seems to like her very much in GW fandom... which I find sort of odd. She's not that bad. Anywho, I was thinking of cosplaying as Queen Relena... but I dunno. It'll probably be a while before I can add a Relena costume to my cosplay arsenal.

Just had to say kudos on wanting to cosplay as Queen Relena. I have been contemplating that one myself...even if she did only play that role for like 2 episodes. haha
But yea, I LOVE GW! ^_^

Alexia Ishtar
07-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I used to be a really hard-core Gundam-W fan. Not so much now...I'm more of an oldschool UC fan (SIEG ZEON!!! ><!!!!)

*coughs* but anyway, it'd be nice to see some more active Wingers again v^.^ bring back to the oldschool stuff

Heero(f)
07-14-2007, 03:55 AM
PluieEnfang: And then I'll shoot her....finally....^_^;;
Muahahah!! That´s right!! Shooooot this annoying girl, I´ll help ya! XD

In germany they are a bit slow. lol! Gundam Wing has just come in our tv but I´ve known it from the internet in english for about 3 years or so...

PluieEnfant
07-14-2007, 06:50 PM
PluieEnfang: And then I'll shoot her....finally....^_^;;
Muahahah!! Thatīs right!! Shooooot this annoying girl, Iīll help ya! XD

In germany they are a bit slow. lol! Gundam Wing has just come in our tv but Iīve known it from the internet in english for about 3 years or so...

You know, maybe I will make the doll, but it'll have 'x' eyes since it'll be dead. Haha, we're so mean.

I'm actually saving up to buy the boxset for the series because I really want to see it in Japanese. The dub isn't really that bad for this series but who doesn't like the original?

Saaski_Moql
07-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Heero in yellow spandex shorts...I think I just died.

Heero(f), I looked at you new pictures in the gallery. Do you have two wigs? Because sometimes the hair looks a lot more curly, and...odd, and other times it makes a pretty good Heero wig. Maybe it's the angle? *confused*

Heero(f)
07-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Hehe! No, I don´t have two wigs. But if I stroke the hair before making photos it´s possible that it looks different on other photos. You can easily manipulate that hair. lol! It´s just like real hair. XD Very cool!
Do you like it more curly or flatter? ;-)

Saaski_Moql
07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh, I see. Human hair makes it make sense. Synthetic has a tendency to sproing back into place or fuzz up, unless you're careful. Straighter/flatter is better, definitely! It's just a little hard to see Heero with hair that curly...XD

Heero(f)
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
XD Okay, I´ll try to flatten it more next time, for you. *g* I find it also cute when it´s a bit curly. But that wig´s very hard to tame. Muahah!! XD

Saaski_Moql
07-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Heh, it's fine curly, just as a normal wig, but I think flatter makes it more "Heero"-ish. His hair doesn't curl so much as it spikes/lies flat. Kid's got a LOT of hair.

Heero(f)
07-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. :-) Ok. I´ll try to make it more "Heero-ish" next time. XD I don´t think I will get it THAT flat but I can try. Hehe!! I developed the perfect Heero. He visited a hair stylist. Muahaha!!

I´ve already female fans, did you notice? lol

Saaski_Moql
07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes, I noticed that some girls are already declaring love for you XD

You know what you should pose with next time? A LAPTOP. Or some sort of computer, at least. Heero may love that gun, but the laptop comes first, I'd think ;)

Kain666
07-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Im a big fan of Gundam wing...my fav charactar would have to be Duo Maxwell, especially cause of the Deathscythe Hell Custome

Red Comet
07-15-2007, 10:37 PM
I like all the Gundam animes. If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would have to be "Gundam Seed", but they're all good, including "Gundam Wing".
Although my favorite series overall is "Gundam Seed", my favorite mobile suit is from "Gundam 0083" (the GP03) and my favorite character is from "Gundam Wing" (Zechs Merquise), so my interests are all over the place...
That being said, I have cosplayed as Zechs Merquise before (as he appears early in the series, with his helmet). If you were curious, the helmet was an old bicycle helmet with pieces of white foam glued on to it.

eXo
07-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Yea I loved gundam wing... the rest of the pissed me off!:mad:

Heero(f)
07-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Hey! Posing with my lap top is a very very good idea. XD Thank you!! I haven´t thought ´bout it yet. That´s probably the easiest thing. Hehe!!

Duo Maxwell does have the most fans probably, but I have the MOST MARRIAGE PROPOSALS. MUAHAHHAHA!!

PluieEnfant
07-16-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm getting so stressed out trying to sew my costume. Argh!

Heero(f), will you marry me?! Be my Heero Yuy! PLEASE! I love youuu!! ^_^

Regecide
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Well, I've seen just about every Gundam series through and through, and aside from the original, cause its the best, Gundam Wing FTfrickenW!.and all you Duo fans...doesnt matter, "Trowa Barton" owns in his Mobile Weapons Platform the XXXG-01H2 "Heavyarms" Custom (my latest work in progress cosplay).

Heero(f)
07-16-2007, 07:55 AM
PluieEnfant: AWWW!! Thank you!! *smile* ´Course I can be your Heero. XD If you keep commenting my photos, sure. ;-) I don´t love Relena anyway. *growls* I´ll make some photos with my laptop soon...

PluieEnfant
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Regecide: I love Trowa. That's a cool project you've got going.

Heero(f): Okay, I think I'll do it now. ^_^ Hee-chan!

Yume Nezumi
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I've actually managed to get all five gundam pilots together for a short time, but the Trowa and Quatre were last minute because people kept dropping out. ^^; But I've been to 7 cons as Duo, and better yet, I've got the hair for it too. ^.~ So don't worry, there are still plenty of Gundam Wing fans out there, you just gotta know where to look. ^^

This is me with my GW group:
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4564/03135704beachgroupwe4.jpg

And me with a random Heero and Relena I found XD:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5281/0706105806yf0.jpg

I've been actually thinking of doing a Relena Peacecraft cosplay later on. No one seems to like her very much in GW fandom... which I find sort of odd.

Don't worry, I still love her. ^.~

Plus Quatre's my favorite bishie ever. *pokes avatar* :P
You make such an awesome Quatre . . . can I kidnap you and make you mine? XD

Miri
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Aww, nice group! Sorry about your Trowa and Quatre dropping out, but the two you've got look just fine! =3

And thank you! ^^ Yeah, kidnap me and take me to Anime Expo next year. XD
I wish I could have been there. >_>

I've actually managed to get all five gundam pilots together for a short time, but the Trowa and Quatre were last minute because people kept dropping out. ^^; But I've been to 7 cons as Duo, and better yet, I've got the hair for it too. ^.~ So don't worry, there are still plenty of Gundam Wing fans out there, you just gotta know where to look. ^^

You make such an awesome Quatre . . . can I kidnap you and make you mine? XD

Yume Nezumi
07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I wish I could go to Anime Expo too. ^^; At this point, I'm lucky to go to two a year, and that's Metrocon and AnimeSouth.

PluieEnfant
07-16-2007, 10:20 PM

I'm able to go to three cons a year and yet...I still haven't seen a DUO!! Arghh! :( It's so sad...And he's one of the more popular ones to cosplay. It's too bad I can't drive to Metrocon. I'll just have to stick with Orlando cons. Ahhh....T_T

Heero(f)
07-17-2007, 04:59 AM
hey, the gundam group´s very cool!! XD

do you think I don´t look masculine enough for Heero? lol! A guy wrote me a comment under my photo I should work on looking more masculine. You think he´s just jealous or so? Or is he right...

I mean...Heero DOES look a bit female, guys don´t have such a small face usually...and as long as I look like him, what´s wrong with being a girl and cosplaying Heero Yuy?? I don´t get it. ^^

PluieEnfant
07-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Heero does look feminine (he's a bishounen after all ^_^) which is why I'm not worrying too much about my cosplay that covers everything up. I think he's suggesting more muscle tone like what Heero has. -___- You can try to change your muscle tone but this is cosplay and you should have more fun with it than worrying how to look EXACTLY like the character. Not everyone is Heero after all. Maybe he wants you to bind as well and get the flattest chest possible.

Sigh. The troubles of crossplay.

chibikarin
07-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I used to cosplay as Duo but I cut my hair so I retired the costume.

Heero(f)
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I think this guy has forgotten that Heero Yuy is an anime character and that he´s not a REAL PERSON. And IF he was real he woudn´t have such muscles ´cause it´s just not possible to be so small and fragile and at the same time having that much muscles. -_- So...I think I´m a nice Heero Yuy. *nods* I have enough muscles. lol!

And I don´t care ´bout what brainless kids say as long as I have fun, as you said, PluieEnfant. XD

PluieEnfant
07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Heero(f), you are a very nice Heero Yuy, which is why I want you to marry me. ^_^

So yes...My costume is almost complete! I have many holes in my fingers, two of which bled. T_T I'm scared to try and finish. I think Heero's spirit is trying to tell me something. Or maybe it's Relena.

Heero(f)
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
AWW!! Thank you!! :-) We´re married already, aren´t we?? lol!
Man, I lied too long in the sun today. My cheeks are red. O.o

I´ll upload some "Noventa´s grave" photos tomorrow or so...

Many holes? Cool! XD

PluieEnfant
07-17-2007, 05:50 PM
We're married? Yay!

Heehee, you take a lot of pictures. I don't have any up yet. My camera died before I could take pics. Sigh. Maybe later on this week, when I finish the vest and redo the collar.

Ahh...these are bad holes. Oh well. That's what happens when you're in a rush. T_T

Heero(f)
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
One admin just told me to deleat my Yaoi photos. I don´t get it. They are marked red. They aren´t that bad, are they? And my photo with the eyes of Heero. Why is that against the rules? -_-

Alexia Ishtar
07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
The photos of just your eyes probably got deleted because it's just that, your eyes. You could easily use it for your avatar, but a photo of one's eyes is not a costume ^_^()

Heero(f)
07-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Man, I hate rules. -_- *points gun at himself* ^^

Alexia Ishtar
07-17-2007, 06:24 PM
*offers you the special self destruct button of dewn?* XD one day I will cosplay as Trowa again ><

PluieEnfant
07-17-2007, 06:26 PM
*offers you the special self destruct button of dewn?* XD one day I will cosplay as Trowa again ><

TROOOWWWAAA!! *glomps Alexia Ishtar*

Heero(f)
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Oh god, please cosplay all as Trowa, then I´d have so many Trowa´s. XD
So I can´t strip anymore. :-( That´s so sad. XD But I´ll make some "Noventa´s grave" photos and some "Heero with his laptop pics" ;-)

Miri
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Random fun note- I've started on my Trowa wig today! *does a dance* XD

Heero(f)
07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
@all: I´ve uploaded new photos. You should comment or I´ll kill you! *deathglare* *loads his gun* *click* Hnn...

@Quatre: OH GOD! We must also make some photos Trowa and Heero! Trowa is so....HOT!! *has a nervous breakdown* *collapses*^^

PluieEnfant
07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Ahhh! So many Trowas!!! *glomps everyone*

Ahem...Update on my costume. I have a better white shirt, suspenders, and a black tie now. All I have to do is resew the sleeves on the jacket (because they hate me) and to sew the vest. Then when the wig comes in, I'll style it.

Ahhh...Two weeks! I'm so excited! *dies*

Miri
07-18-2007, 07:45 PM
@Quatre: OH GOD! We must also make some photos Trowa and Heero! Trowa is so....HOT!! *has a nervous breakdown* *collapses*^^

Of course! We could probably do some of everyone, as I'll be making all of them. XP Wee!

Ahem...Update on my costume. I have a better white shirt, suspenders, and a black tie now. All I have to do is resew the sleeves on the jacket (because they hate me) and to sew the vest. Then when the wig comes in, I'll style it.

Ahhh...Two weeks! I'm so excited! *dies*

Cool, you'll have to post when you've got photos. ^^

_YukiShu_
07-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I might cosplay Duo next year I've been growing my hair out for over a year now. I did try making his outfit a couple years ago but totally messed it up was still learning to sew grr I'm still not great at it. Also wanted ta lose some more weight before I cosplay him. yay leaving for Otakon tomarrow^.^
I do wish I could've done Duo for it.

PluieEnfant
07-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Cool, you'll have to post when you've got photos. ^^

I'll have to steal my friend's camera since mine decided to not work for some reason. T_T ahhh...why.....sniff...

Heero(f)
07-19-2007, 06:00 AM
@Quatre: Yeah...that´d be great!! XD I´m sad, ´cause I´m not allowed to strip anymore. *hugs Quatre and PluieEnfant.
@Yukishu: Cool, using your real hair would be great!! :-) I´m trying to loose some weight too but it doesn´t really work. -_- I have to do more sports...

PluieEnfant
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
*dancing*

My wig is here! yay! dance with me! *continues to dance*

Heero(f)
07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey, great to hear that!! Can´t wait for photos! XD
Thanks @all for your nice comments on my Heero cosplay. I love you! ;-)

btw...what´s your favourite gundam wing scene or favourite episodes?

Miri
07-22-2007, 02:23 PM
If you're asking everyone, then I gotta say I don't think I have a favorite, but I like the end of the series more than the beginning. ;p *shrug*

Alexia Ishtar
07-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Heh, I just started on my Trowa wig as well. My friend I've convinced to go as Quatre so our skit entry is going to be the duet they play (which for the life of me I can't remember what it's called but when I was a big fan I wrote out some sheet music for it XD )

stafffighter
07-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I have been seriously interested in doing a Duo cosplay, still working on getting materials and references.

Heero(f)
07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
A Duo cosplay? That´s so cool! As soon as someone does have some new Gundam cosplay pics online, inform us. XD Then we´ll comment immediately. :-)

My favourite episodes are 12-16 ´cause it´s so cute when Trowa rescued Heero. And I also like the end, like Quatre. ;-)

Marika
07-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Still working on trying to draw up a basic reference from all the images, but I'm hoping to put together one of the flight suits that they wear after Quatre showed up with Wing Zero. Only downside... exactly what colours are they? Every picture I've seen looks completely different >< Then again, it could be my monitor. ^^; Can't decide on which of the pilots I want to cosplay, but I figure that as long as the outfits are all the same, then I can save deciding on character for last.

Mirai Noah
07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I love Gundam Wing. One of my all-time favorite anime series. I'v always planned to cosplay as Lady Une one day...

PluieEnfant
07-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Still working on trying to draw up a basic reference from all the images, but I'm hoping to put together one of the flight suits that they wear after Quatre showed up with Wing Zero. Only downside... exactly what colours are they? Every picture I've seen looks completely different ><

Ooh...flight suits, flight suits! I was thinking of going as Trowa in his flight suit from the last few episodes. I always thought those were the best flight suits.

My favorite episodes? Ahha....wow. Dunno. I guess 13 when Catherine punches Trowa and also when he regains his memory. Aww...sweet stuff. Haha.

Update on my costume. I only have to work on my Heero wig and I'll be done. I trimmed the back today and now I just have to buy spray so I can finish the bangs. Ahhh...get excited people! ^__^

Heero(f)
07-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Cool, I´m so excited. *shivers* XD I wanna see your Heero!! Hurry, I can´t wait!! Hehe!! I uploades a new photo, btw. I think it´s very cute! ;-)

You must also cosplay Trowa, Trowa´s so cool! I love Trowa too!

Miri
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd love to cosplay one of the flight suits, but I'm concerned about my hips showing waaaay too much for the boys', so I'm seriously considering doing Dorothy's suit with the Zero system helmet. ^^

PluieEnfant
07-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd love to cosplay one of the flight suits, but I'm concerned about my hips showing waaaay too much for the boys', so I'm seriously considering doing Dorothy's suit with the Zero system helmet. ^^

If you go as Dorothy, then someone should go as an injured Quatre. And I'll be Trowa coming to save the day. Awwww...good episode. Also one of my favorites for obvious reasons. ^_________^ Or maybe, not so obvious...

Marika
07-23-2007, 11:42 PM

^^; Everyone tells me my face looks like a boy already, and with the right things underneath or the right build to the outfit *is very much used to the wet suits and dry suits used in waterskiing/barefooting*... getting rid of the girly aspects might not be a problem.

Heero(f)
07-24-2007, 04:00 AM

Yeah, Dorothy would also be cool! Just do it, you look good anyway!:toothy:
Iīd love to do those scenes with Trowa, īcause I love TrowaxHeero. Iīd hug Trowa the whole day and stalk after him, like he did with Heero. :crylaugh:

Miri
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll probably make Quatre's suit anyway. XP

I'm looking into padding my waist, so we'll see how that looks. XP

Heero(f)
07-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Yeah...do it, Quatre!! We´ll see how it looks. :-)
I uploaded some new photos too. I hope you like them. Please comment! XD

StayingTrue
07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, were still out here. Gundam Wing was one of my favorite animes, and I would love to do a cosplay. Downside is, all the cosplays I see are often times, umm less than awesome.

Miri
07-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but atleast GW still lives..? ^^;

Ooo, I've been asked to do a specific doujinshi Quatre (more like she dared me), and it looks so cool. x_x So I HAVE to try it.

http://www.militantstudios.com/commission%20art/Zombie%20Art/Mage4.jpg

Wish me luck. XP

Anstice
07-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Gundam Wing...that brings back so many found memories. ^_^ Next to Sailormoon, it was m favorite fandom. I really don't have any plans of cosplaying as anyone from the series. Although I always wanted to find someone else so we could do the two personalities of Lady Une.

That would be awesome! :bigtu:

Miri, if you do that cosplay, be sure to post lotsa pictures of it!

Heero(f)
07-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Ooo, I've been asked to do a specific doujinshi Quatre (more like she dared me), and it looks so cool. x_x So I HAVE to try it.

Aww!! That looks very cute!! I wanna see your pics then! XD
Did you see my new Heero photos? :-)

Miri
07-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Yep, On Deviantart. =D

PluieEnfant
07-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Ahhh!!! @_@ Heero's hair is killing me! T_T This wig isn't turning out all that great. Bangs bangs bangs...

*preparing to shoot self*

Ooh...that doujinshi pic looks really cool by the way. ^^

Miri
07-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Aww, sorry about your wig. ;_; I hope it all turns out okay for you.

Heero(f)
07-27-2007, 08:28 AM
PluieEnfant: We wanna see photos soon!! Hurry up!! *deathglare* ^_^

PluieEnfant
07-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Okay, okay. I've kind of got it. T_T The wig isn't the greatest...I dunno. Whatever. At least it looks somewhat...cough...like how it's supposed to. Anyway...Ahh! Don't kill me Hee-chan! My camera is broken and I can't take pics! Maybe in a week, when I steal my friend's cam. I promise! Uhm uhm uhm...for now, I'll just give everyone hugs. *hugs everyone* Ok ok ok, there. I hope that holds up for a week!

Heero(f)
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
*growls* Hnn....I think....I´ll just kill you!
And if you don´t comment my photos right now I´ll kick your ass! ;-)

My favourite gundam wing episodes are 12-16 where Trowa rescues Heero. XD I think you knew that already. Muahahha! But it´s just sooo cute, sorry! I can´t help it! *sweatdrop* And when he goes to Sylvia Noventa and hands her his gun and she is soooo angry...XD

PluieEnfant
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Nooo...don't hurt me! Don't be mean Hee-chan! *quickly goes to comment* Hm hm, I like those episodes very much. Ahhh...Trowa on the motorcycle. Trowa being all "ooh, look how cool I am" on the clothesline. Ahhh...Trowa...^^

Heero(f)
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Hnn...okay. I won´t kill you. *yawns* Too tired right now anyway...

I think Heero´s self-destruction is sooooooooooo sad. *cries* And I also love the scenes with Zechs and Heero. That Heero´s never shaken hands with anyone before, that´s cute! XD

PluieEnfant
07-28-2007, 08:17 PM
One of the most saddest episodes for me is when Quatre blows Trowa up. Sniff. Ahhhhhhh! I was about to cry. T_T

Today I was wondering about my next cosplay which will be a Trowa cosplay. Thing is, I have no idea which outfit I should wear. Mariemaia uniform, OZ uniform, or the opening clown outfit. Ahh. My friend is gonna be Cathy and she doesn't care which Trowa I'll be...but...it's so hard to choose. @_@

Heero(f)
07-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Well...I love the Oz uniform and the clown outfit most but as long as it´s Trowa, it´ll look good anyway. ;-)

I also like the episode where Heero´s in prison and Trowa wants him to fight. It´s completely dark and then the door opens and the soldier: "Come out!" I love the expression of Trowa when he observes Heero then. XD

PluieEnfant
07-29-2007, 04:31 PM
So...my dad randomly buys a new camera for me since...I don't really know why. Anyway. I took pics. There's 6 of them (though 5 are of me, 1 is my gun) up in my gallery. Mm-hmm.

So Hee-chan, they're up now. No more threats, right? Hm? HM? T_T Please...I'm scared...

Miri
07-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Random thought: It would be awsome if we could all get together for group photos. ;p

PluieEnfant
07-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Random thought: It would be awsome if we could all get together for group photos. ;p

That would be cool. Maybe when I have my Trowa cosplay done. You're in Iowa, right? Hm...My cousin just moved there...so...I have an excuse. Hahaha. It's all in the plan...

Heero(f)
07-30-2007, 08:22 AM
looool, that´d indeed be cool! But next year, ok? Or when the next convention is, ´cause I´ll get operated in 2 months or earlier...*sighs*

Your photos are very cute, I love your school uniform! I commented some of your pics. :-))) I uploaded some new ones too.

PluieEnfant
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Oooh, thankees thankees! ^^

You know, I think I'm gonna try and do Trowa's artbook outfit. This one (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/PluieEnfant/gw_trowa015.jpg). I actually found pants for them here (http://www.findcoolclothes.com/products/large_photos/reddarknessbootcut.jpg) and so the rest will be a breeze to get. Ahhh! And then...I'll get me some sports tape and get me a boy chest. XD

Miri
07-31-2007, 03:26 AM
That would be cool. Maybe when I have my Trowa cosplay done. You're in Iowa, right? Hm...My cousin just moved there...so...I have an excuse. Hahaha. It's all in the plan...

Heck yes. XD

Also, those pants are awesome, and would be perfect for that artbook pic. =3

Heero(f)
07-31-2007, 07:31 AM
wow, I really love those pants. Great! Yes, they´d look perfect for Trowa. I´d like to wear those pants outside and not only for cosplay. *g* But they don´t deliver to germany? *cries* XD Does anyone know some Heero Yuy artbook pics?

PluieEnfant
07-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I would probably wear these pants to school or just around and maybe wear the shirt and close it. As for the necklace, what is that? Just a random triangle or a tooth of some sort? I have no idea what it is but I'm sure there are necklaces around that look like that.

As for Heero artbook pictures, if you search for Heero galleries online, then they should come up. I'll go look for the one that he has in this series of pictures.

Miri
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
You can search on google for Gundam Wing galleries, and you'll find a bunch.

Miri
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Yay, took some artbook Quatre photos yesterday. :)

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=54385&member=43538

If you don't know the artwork, here it is - http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/Mirisha/106.gif

^^

Heero(f)
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Cuuuuuuuuute! Quatre, you´re so cute on your photos!! *hugs* AWWW!! I´ll look for some artwork pics too.^^

Miri
07-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey, you should do the outfit that in that photo of the artbook outfit I just did (see above post!). :D I LOVE his outfit there. :P

PluieEnfant
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Yay, more artbook pics! I'm gonna go and comment on them. By the way, I have an idea for what I'm going to do for early next years convention. I'm planning on doing Trowa's opening circus outfit and my friend will be Catherine. But, I found this comic strip (can't remember where from) that had Trowa's lion filling in for Trowa while he was away. So I'm going to add a lion tail, ears, and paint my nose so I can be Trowa-lion. If I find the comic, I'll show you guys.

By the way, really cute stuff Miri!

Miri
07-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh that's super. Post pics of that when you get'em, I'd love to see Lion Trowaness ^^

And thank you for the comments! =3

PluieEnfant
07-31-2007, 04:08 PM
My friend who's gonna be Cathy has the scan of it, so I'll steal it from her. ^^

And thank you for the comments! ^^

Hitokiri Kilik
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
I still love this series. I just recently finished a Quatre cosplay and wore it to PortConMaine in Portland, Maine. My friend was there as a Duo, but other than that, I saw no other GW cosplayers.
It's sad how few people recognize this series these days. ^^;

IconEk#03
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Yay, more artbook pics! I'm gonna go and comment on them. By the way, I have an idea for what I'm going to do for early next years convention. I'm planning on doing Trowa's opening circus outfit and my friend will be Catherine. But, I found this comic strip (can't remember where from) that had Trowa's lion filling in for Trowa while he was away. So I'm going to add a lion tail, ears, and paint my nose so I can be Trowa-lion. If I find the comic, I'll show you guys.

By the way, really cute stuff Miri!

This year I finally got the Guts to go and cosplay me and my roomate did Cathy and trowa. That is also when I found out that apparentl Gundam Wing is defently not the most loved of the Gundams.

I am also tempted to try and a loita version of Trowa's uniform from endless Walts.

JeiC
07-31-2007, 07:51 PM
hey there...

Figured I'd drop in - I've been cosplaying Preventer Duo Maxwell since Anime Boston 2006. I can't seem to retire his costumes (I have both the manga and artbook versions) as I end up having to make more and more Preventer jackets every year. *whimpers 'cause now she has to make Trowa and Quatre's for next year and the jackets are fairly complicated to assemble and time consuming*

I'll admit, it's a lot more fun with more people. It was kinda boring when I was cosplaying Duo by myself. That and embarrassing Quatre (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1203886) is fun.

Miri
08-01-2007, 01:22 AM
I still love this series. I just recently finished a Quatre cosplay and wore it to PortConMaine in Portland, Maine. My friend was there as a Duo, but other than that, I saw no other GW cosplayers.
It's sad how few people recognize this series these days. ^^;

Oo, I'd love to see some photos. =3

This year I finally got the Guts to go and cosplay me and my roomate did Cathy and trowa. That is also when I found out that apparentl Gundam Wing is defently not the most loved of the Gundams.

I am also tempted to try and a loita version of Trowa's uniform from endless Walts.

Lolita Trowa? Hah, that's fun. XD Maybe I should make a lolita Quatre... >_>;;

hey there...

Figured I'd drop in - I've been cosplaying Preventer Duo Maxwell since Anime Boston 2006. I can't seem to retire his costumes (I have both the manga and artbook versions) as I end up having to make more and more Preventer jackets every year. *whimpers 'cause now she has to make Trowa and Quatre's for next year and the jackets are fairly complicated to assemble and time consuming*

I'll admit, it's a lot more fun with more people. It was kinda boring when I was cosplaying Duo by myself. That and embarrassing Quatre (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1203886) is fun.

I agree that group cosplay is always more fun. ^^ I LOVE your jacket, by the way. I want one of those. >_>;;

And poor Quatre. XP Nice photos. ^^

Hyuuga Duo
08-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow, my first cosplay was Duo Maxwell! I did a variant of him; I did his child form from the manga, Episode Zero. B/c it was my first, it wasn't very good (my friend made it for me, actually) But I like it. I'm also planning on doing a "shinigami" style duo (grim reaper robes and scythe) as my next cosplay, but I can't find the pattern I had in mind... >.<

If you go to any SoCal cons, you may see me, though now I parade around as Orochimaru (from Naruto) cuz it's much better than my duo costume, but only until I've completed my shinigami style! I'll (hopefully) be at AniMagic this year, I went to Expo (but sadly missed the Wing gathering...) And went to ALA. Not sure what cons I have planned for next year yet. depends mostly on college! ^_~ but I'm looking into Fanime, and (since i'll be in Arizona) AniZona! Hope to see you guys there!

*high five to all GW fans who haven't forgotten the GW craze despite the influx of Naruto and Bleach!*

Heero(f)
08-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Great, there are still alot Gundam Wing fans out there. *is happy now* We could do all characters...lol!

PluieEnfant
08-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Wow, a mad rush of GW people occurred while I was asleep! Ahh! I missed out!

GW will forever be my favorite gundam series if not anime series of all time. The older ones are pretty cool too, but the newer ones just didn't get my interest for some reason. I watched one episode of Seed and that's pretty much where it ended. Sorry Seed fans...

It's good to know that there are still fans out there! Don't die on us! T_T Maybe we can all somehow get together for a shoot. That'd be pretty cool.

JeiC
08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree that group cosplay is always more fun. ^^ I LOVE your jacket, by the way. I want one of those. >_>;;

And poor Quatre. XP Nice photos. ^^

Heee...thanks! I just wish I could do something about the patches. Seriously, I just designed the images on my computer and then printed them on printable canvas. Easily removed since they're only being held on with hem tape so that the jackets can be washed.

All I have to say about the Preventer jackets otherwise...piping is EVIL.

I'm really hoping that I can get all 5 Gundam pilots together in Preventer jackets for Anime Boston next year. I think I might wear the manga version then...people were having way too much fun at AnimeNEXT yanking on my tie.

Miri
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Heee...thanks! I just wish I could do something about the patches. Seriously, I just designed the images on my computer and then printed them on printable canvas. Easily removed since they're only being held on with hem tape so that the jackets can be washed.

You could always look into this - http://community.livejournal.com/cosplay/2204864.html

She does custom patches. You've got to buy in bulk though. However, I'd buy one or two if Preventer patches were made. XP

Heero(f)
08-01-2007, 12:24 PM
JeiC: I commented some of your photos. Very cute Duo cosplay! Love it! And I love your jacket too. ;-)

JeiC
08-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah...thank you so much for that. Stupid me keeps forgetting to respond. I've been horrible with responding on deviantart as well.

The Preventer jackets are fun...definitely don't see many of them (usually either I'm the only one or it's just my friends and I at most cons). Downfall...wearing them outside in the summer. *turns into little puddle of melted Duo on the ground*

Heero(f)
08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
I´m on deviantart too. You can add me if you want. :-) I´ve uploaded some new photos, Heero setting his broken leg. ;-) I hope you like them.
On deviantart I´ve founded a TrowaxHeero club. lol! I also love all other pairings but I love 3x1 the most. I also like 2x1, 3x4, Zechs/Heero *hg*

JeiC
08-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Sure thing!

Heh...I'm more of a 2x1 fan myself, but I don't mind other pairings. Especially seeing as my friends that I cosplay with all seem to like other pairings and usually that means I'm getting harassed because the other half always seems to involve Duo.

And before someone asks...no, that isn't all my real hair. I have to use an extension that is braided into my own hair in order to get that length. Getting there though...a couple more years and I won't need to use extensions anymore.

Yume Nezumi
08-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I've seen you around JeiC, I love your preventer jacket. I had a formal-Duo outfit I put together for a masquerade ball, and everyone was pulling on my tie, too. XD Of course, otherwise they just pull on my braid, the one downside to using my real hair, they don't have to worry about pulling off wigs or extensions. XD

J Ryoga
08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah, Gundam Wing will always have a place in fandom. Was hooked on it the minute I saw it back in 1997. It was totally great back in 2000 when it was like THE popular cartoon on TV. Totally agree with PluieEnfant, it will always be my favorite Gundam Series. If you don't believe me, then please refer to the following image:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=817759

I usually cosplay Heero at conventions, but next year I might change up and cosplay Duo. Or maybe be the only person to cosplay all five Gundam pilots, heh heh heh.

AVAAntares
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Long live GW cosplay! :)

Lucrezia Noin is one of my favorite characters to cosplay. I've been cosplaying her since... 2003? My group is also planning a whole set of new Gundam W costumes for next year. We've already bought the fabric for Treize, Zechs and Noin (I'm remaking my uniform to match the others), and we're trying to recruit a Lady Une to round out the group.

I'm thrilled that there are other people here as old school as I am... I mean, I watched Gundam W on VHS fansubs before it was licensed in the U.S. I used to bring my tapes home from college and show them to my sister. That was the show I used to convert her to otakudom. :)

JeiC
08-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I've seen you around JeiC, I love your preventer jacket. I had a formal-Duo outfit I put together for a masquerade ball, and everyone was pulling on my tie, too. XD Of course, otherwise they just pull on my braid, the one downside to using my real hair, they don't have to worry about pulling off wigs or extensions. XD

Heee...thank you! What cons have you been to? I hardly ever talk to anyone in that costume because most people don't recognize me. Especially when I'm running solo (even though I'm obnoxiously tall).

I could have done Duo without an extension BEFORE I cut my hair. Then I chopped it off and donated it. Now I'm going through the years of trying to grow it back out. Someone grabbed and yanked my braid back at AB06...that hurt because it's fairly well secured to my head (my own hair gets interwoven with it).

I'm pretty sure I got rid of the craptastic series Duo I did one Halloween back in like 2000 or something. I almost want to go back and do that or EW, but...I tend to have to drag one or both of my costumes for Riku with me and I end up spending a lot of time in those.

Yume Nezumi
08-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Sorry, I should have specified . . . I've seen you around on forums and stuff. ^^; I don't think I've ever seen you at a con. I've been to Metrocon the past three years, the first two years of AnimeSouth over in Destin, Momocon 2007, and Otakucon 2004. I don't think I've seen you at any of those. ^^
But, I have seen your pictures. I really couldn't tell you're using extensions, so good job on that too.
I once had a dream that someone yanked on my braid so hard I fell backward, cause they thought it was fake. It was weird. XD
At the moment, I only do Endless Waltz Duo (and my original formal Duo), I haven't decided whether I want to do his show outfit (gah, those pants x.x). But I did throw together Duo pjs for Metrocon this year. Scott McNeil saw me in them and he got a kick out of it; I was wearing a red/black striped shirt like the one in this picture: http://www.cyberartscamp.org/webdesign/2004/week3/athena/images/gw_slumber_party.jpg
but since I couldn't find the pants, I wore boxers and said that fangirls stole my pants. He laughed. XD

Heee...thank you! What cons have you been to? I hardly ever talk to anyone in that costume because most people don't recognize me. Especially when I'm running solo (even though I'm obnoxiously tall).

I could have done Duo without an extension BEFORE I cut my hair. Then I chopped it off and donated it. Now I'm going through the years of trying to grow it back out. Someone grabbed and yanked my braid back at AB06...that hurt because it's fairly well secured to my head (my own hair gets interwoven with it).

I'm pretty sure I got rid of the craptastic series Duo I did one Halloween back in like 2000 or something. I almost want to go back and do that or EW, but...I tend to have to drag one or both of my costumes for Riku with me and I end up spending a lot of time in those.

AVAAntares
08-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I once had a dream that someone yanked on my braid so hard I fell backward, cause they thought it was fake. It was weird. XD

Okay, so this is a completely random, unsolicited comment, but your dream made me think of it: I am a professional animal trainer; I work mostly with dogs. My hair is about three feet long, so when I'm working, I often braid it to get it out of the way. One day, I was standing with my back to the fenced training area during another trainer's class, and a young Great Dane -- apparently mistaking my braid for a rope toy -- latched onto my hair and pulled me backward over the fence!

I wish I could say that's the only time something like that has happened, but... well, nowadays I usually put my hair all the way up when I'm working with puppies! :)

JeiC & Yume -- Both of your Duos are great! I love seeing EW and Preventers costumes. (I didn't really start attending cons until the heyday of Gundam W cosplay, which is when everybody with a black T-shirt and hair long enough to braid cosplayed Duo. The result of this phenomenon is that Duo cosplay is so deeply ingrained in my head that I will be walking through some public place, catch sight of someone with a braid and a baseball cap or a black shirt, and I'll grab my sister's arm and say, "Look, a Duo cosplayer!")

Ironically, though I have hair the color and length of Duo's, I always play Noin. Hmm...

JeiC
08-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Heh...sorry, my bad. I've only attended Anime Boston, ConnectiCon, AnimeNEXT, and MangaNEXT. I tend to stay in the northeast for the moment because I usually have to travel by myself and I don't really want to drive more than 6 hours by myself.

Time to cosplay Duo! Heh...Duo is the only character I have at the moment that I don't have to hold a serious expression for if I don't want to.

Yume Nezumi
08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
AVAAntares, that's gotta suck. XD But, living in a house with two puppies and two new kittens, the latter of which love to climb my hair, I know the feeling. ^^
And thanks for the compliment, by the way. ^^ I decided to do the Endless Waltz version, partly because I didn't want to wear those odd pants, and partly because soooo many people do his show outfit that even a well done one wouldn't get enough attention. But you'd be surprised at how many people at cons don't recognize me. >.>

JeiC, at the moment, I only have Duo period. XD Though my friend is making me a Neji costume as we speak. ^^;

PluieEnfant
08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
So...I was at AFO yesterday. Yeah, good stuff. People got pics of me. I didn't get overly recognized though, but it's a good thing because I had a shoulder injury and was feeling like crap. T_T So...tomorrow I will be going as a normal person and taking advantage of good deals. ^_^

I bought Battlefield of Pacifist and Endless Waltz the manga. I'm gonna see if someone has Blind Target and Ground Zero. Maybe even some novelization. Yup yup. I love Gundam Wing and I'm glad to see that there are still plenty of devoted fans! By the way, I'm always done with my Trowa mask. I just have to add a second coat and then outline in black.

Heero(f)
08-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh god, Trowaaaaaaaa! *drool* O.o *pants* Please do your Trowa cosplay or I´ll...you already know what I´ll do otherwise. ;-)

I bought all the english DVDs on ebay ´cause the german version...they translated everything so wrong, it´s really annoying.

PluieEnfant
08-05-2007, 08:33 PM
OH MY GOSH! AFO WAS SOOOO FUN! I just got back an hour ago from the con and wow, it was great! I didn't find anymore GW stuff, but I did find Kitsune, a very good artist who has done 1x2 works. I asked her to commission me a 3+4 work and it's beautiful! Sniff sniff...this is seriously the best con I've ever gone to!

I didn't get much pictures of me as Heero, but it's ok because I plan to do a photoshoot with a friend. I finished my Trowa mask this morning and I'll post up the pic of it as soon as I get over my excitement!

kurousagi
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
@_@ I didn't know there was a thread for this. Recently I started watching Gundam Wing, and I had such a nostalgic feeling. @_@ I loooove Quatre, and Duo.

Recently, I've only seen one person as an GW character at Otakon, and I decided it would be fun to do a Gundam Wing Photo shoot at Otakon next year.

But either way.. ^^

JeiC
08-06-2007, 07:17 AM
kurousagi, yeah, there aren't many GW cosplayers anymore. Well, when you compare it to something like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Bleach, Naruto, or Fullmetal Alchemist. The last two years I've tried to organize a GW gathering at Anime Boston, but it always ends up just being me and my friends.

stafffighter
08-06-2007, 07:23 AM
So it is. I am guilty of being a bit of a Bleacher and a Narutard but GW has always been one of my favs and converted two people onto it. So can't wait to get Duo off the ground. Just need some money first...........:crylaugh:

miaka18
08-06-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm a big fan of Gundam! :rockon:

Heero(f)
08-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah, more GW fans. I love you all!! *kiss* *runs away and hides behind a tree* Am I out of my mind? *takes his gun out* *points at you* Hnn...

Please comment on my Heero cosplay photos!!!!!!

JeiC
08-06-2007, 08:11 AM
So it is. I am guilty of being a bit of a Bleacher and a Narutard but GW has always been one of my favs and converted two people onto it. So can't wait to get Duo off the ground. Just need some money first...........:crylaugh:

*L* Yeah, I'm guilty of Kingdom Hearts and Fullmetal Alchemist myself. Gonna be doing a Bleach cosplay soon as well.

Oh man, I know the deal with money. That's why a lot of my other plans for various Duo cosplays have been put on the back burner since if I did them, I'd be doing it alone. Kinda want to cosplay with friends.

I'm wicked excited about having all 5 Gundam pilots in Preventer uniforms next year (even though that means me making the remaining jackets...I end up having to make 1 or 2 every year because we add more people). Right now it looks like we'll be doing the manga version (Episode Zero: Preventer 5), but since it's so far away, it's still up for debate. Too bad we'll only have all 5 in 2008 for Anime Boston.

PluieEnfant
08-06-2007, 08:38 AM
So, I've posted up a pic of my Trowa mask. Go check it out if you'd like. By the way, does anyone have any idea how to put lots of poof in pants? Yes...I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about. -___-;;

kurousagi
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
kurousagi, yeah, there aren't many GW cosplayers anymore. Well, when you compare it to something like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Bleach, Naruto, or Fullmetal Alchemist. The last two years I've tried to organize a GW gathering at Anime Boston, but it always ends up just being me and my friends.

u__u darn....

JeiC
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
So, I've posted up a pic of my Trowa mask. Go check it out if you'd like. By the way, does anyone have any idea how to put lots of poof in pants? Yes...I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about. -___-;;

I don't know, but you may want to see if anyone's posted suggestions for Riku's KH1 pants. He's also got the poofy pants of doom. *hides because she just suggested a video game character for reference*

Miri
08-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Horay, AnimeIowa is only a few days away. I can't wait! The hotel it's in this year is so regal looking- I'm so hoping to find me a big piano to take picture with. XD Plus they have a library room, so photos ahoy! *Nerd giggle*

I so doubt there will be any other GW people there, but... We'll see. It's a somewhat small con. ^^;

Heero(f)
08-07-2007, 04:09 AM
@Miri: I wish I could go there with you but I need to take care of my jaw bone first. *sighs* I´ll go to that expert in about 8 days. I´m nervous. o.O
Yeah, I´m looking forward to your AnimeIowa pics. :-) With piano would be very cool!!

PluieEnfant
08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't know, but you may want to see if anyone's posted suggestions for Riku's KH1 pants. He's also got the poofy pants of doom. *hides because she just suggested a video game character for reference*

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!....Oh ok, thanks. I'll go check it out. ^___^

Miri: yay! more pictures! I can't wait! It doesn't matter if there aren't any other GW cosplayers, because you'll always be cool to me! T_T You're my inspiration! XD

Miri
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
@Miri: I wish I could go there with you but I need to take care of my jaw bone first. *sighs* Iīll go to that expert in about 8 days. Iīm nervous. o.O
Yeah, Iīm looking forward to your AnimeIowa pics. :-) With piano would be very cool!!

You'll have to come for another con for sure. :) Good luck with your jaw, I hope everything turns out okay. And yay more pics! XP

Miri: yay! more pictures! I can't wait! It doesn't matter if there aren't any other GW cosplayers, because you'll always be cool to me! T_T You're my inspiration! XD

Aww, thank you so much! That really means a lot to me! <3

JeiC
08-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't wait to see those pictures...with or without the piano, but it would be wicked awesome if you can find one.

PluieEnfant
08-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding on Trowa's hair color for a wig. On Amphigory, there's number 30 which is more Duo-ish and then there's 27 which is the closest thing. (I tried to link it but the URL is being weird...Sorry.) Yeah, it's the closest thing and I'm not even sure if it's the right color. Sigh. Katiebair used a darker brown, but I don't think Trowa's hair is that dark. Mehhh...

Oh, I've also found the perfect shirt for my Trowa artbook cosplay. The one with the rocker pants. If anyone wants to know...sniff...

Okay, I'm done ranting...Miri, have lots of fun at your convention! ^___^

Scruffy Rebel
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I'd like to remake my Duo costume at some point. Been wanting to do his EW costume too....waaaa, too many things head of it though. I miss cosplaying Duo.

~Scruffy

Heero(f)
08-10-2007, 04:59 AM
@Scruffy_Rebel: Aww! You´re a cute Duo Maxwell! I love your hair!! *smile:

PluieEnfant
08-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Alright, I've kind of got my wig down. Let me just take up more forum space and update on my Trowa artbook stuff. I put up pictures in my in-progress work for the necklace that I made. I bought the stuff for it last night as well as shoes and belt. No, you don't have to comment on them. I'm just listing down everything as I go along. You can go check though. Yeah. Have fun.

JeiC
08-12-2007, 09:25 AM
PluieEnfant, which wig are you using? I haven't started looking yet and I know I'm going to have to help the Trowa in my group pick out his wig. I'm leaving the styling all to him though.

PluieEnfant
08-13-2007, 08:09 AM
PluieEnfant, which wig are you using? I haven't started looking yet and I know I'm going to have to help the Trowa in my group pick out his wig. I'm leaving the styling all to him though.

Well, I talked to Katiebair and she used a Femme Fatale from amphigory and used the color Lavish (6). I think Lavish is a little too dark, but it's about as close as possible. If your friend needs some help in styling it, he can just got to Katiebair's forum and ask her how she made it.

JeiC
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Okay...thanks so much. I know he's kicking around the forums here somewhere, but...yeah, I might as well work on it.

Kiriana
08-13-2007, 10:08 PM
This thread makes me happy! :toothy: My very first cosplay was Wufei at Otakon 2001. I still love the show and am wearing a GW Tshirt right now, in fact. I don't think I'd repeat doing Wufei though, because I modified an old Karate uniform for it and it was kinda crappy looking. I think I have pictures of it lying around somewhere...

If I did a GW cosplay again it would be Queen-of-the-World Relena. Not very high on my priority list right now though.

Miri
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Heya folks! Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I've been recovering from Anime Iowa. ^^ I had tons of fun, and a good photographer friend of mine took some shots with me as Quatre in the Hotel's Library, which I'll post as soon as I get them. ^^ Unfortunately I didn't find a piano, but I was too busy to look more than a glance here and there. ^^;

I can't help but giggle when I see photos of myself by other people. XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1219864

Also, I'm subfeatered in issue 2 of Anicoz Magazine! ^^ There's three photos of me in it, one of my Quatre. I was so giddy when I saw it! ^^ http://www.anicoz.com/

PluieEnfant
08-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Yay! You're back! *goes to check out pictures* You're famous now! Ahh! I knew it!

Miri
08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Psh, naw, I'm so not famous. XD

Thanks, glad to be back. XP

PluieEnfant
08-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Psh, naw, I'm so not famous. XD

Thanks, glad to be back. XP

But you're Quatre! You're in magazines and stuff AKA Famous! He's famous, you're him, so you're famous! It all works out! *bows* Oh great cosplayer Miri, teach me your ways!

JeiC
08-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Congratulations on being in the magazine, Miri! You make such a good Quatre.

Miri
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
But you're Quatre! You're in magazines and stuff AKA Famous! He's famous, you're him, so you're famous! It all works out! *bows* Oh great cosplayer Miri, teach me your ways!

Aww, you're waaay too kind. XD Thanks so much! *huggle*

Congratulations on being in the magazine, Miri! You make such a good Quatre.

^^ Thank you! I'm glad I can cosplay my favorite character evar without totally failing. XD

JeiC
08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
*L* Yeah...I'm still working on the not failing part.

PluieEnfant
08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Aww, you're waaay too kind. XD Thanks so much! *huggle*

I'm sorry I'm complimenting you! *goes off and cries* You're just so cool! Ahh!

Miri
08-16-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm sorry I'm complimenting you! *goes off and cries* You're just so cool! Ahh!

Aww, you rock. XD

Yay! More photos! Darkain got my photos uploaded to his website, so I snagged'em and put some into my gallery. ^^ Horay!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=74936&member=43538

Yume Nezumi
08-16-2007, 03:38 AM
gah, you make such a great Quatre. *still plotting ways to kidnap you* XD

Miri
08-16-2007, 03:40 AM
gah, you make such a great Quatre. *still plotting ways to kidnap you* XD

x.x Oh noes! *hides behind Rashid*

X3

Thanks a lot! ^^

PluieEnfant
08-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Yay! More pictures!

You really need a Rashid. Someone in this thread is gonna kidnap you someday...I'm not saying that I will but....Heehee.

Miri
08-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Well, I'm planning on making my boyfriend, who's a foot n' some taller than me Rashid. XD Woo!

PluieEnfant
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, I'm planning on making my boyfriend, who's a foot n' some taller than me Rashid. XD Woo!

You should make him Trowa. That would be even better. ^_^

Heero(f)
08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
heyyyyyyy....no Rashid!! Quatre and Trowa belong to ME!! ARGHH!! *takes his gun out* *loads gun*

Miri
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
>.>;; Eep.

Heero(f)
08-16-2007, 05:41 PM
*nods to Quatre* And if you fetch a Rashid I´ll kill you!!! *plays with gun* Hnnn....I´m in bad mood anyway.

Miri
08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Aww, be happy! =3

PluieEnfant
08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Don't be in a bad mood Hee-chan! I'll...uhm...er...make cookies? I dunno. T_T

Kamifan
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I know this is totally random, but I intend to do a Duo cosplay some day...he is my hero >_<.

Miri
08-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Random's okay in my book. :P

Heero(f)
08-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Kamifan: Yeah, more Duo-chans!! *jumps up and down* *waves with gun*

Miri: I noticed that we have similar noses and features. lol! If you compare our avatar pictures. Wow! ^_^ Cute!!

PluieEnfant: Hnnn.....*aims gun at you* I hate cookies!

JeiC
08-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Kamifan: Yay! Another Duo cosplayer.

Miri
08-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Miri: I noticed that we have similar noses and features. lol! If you compare our avatar pictures. Wow! ^_^ Cute!!

All the more better for when we take photos together. X3

Heero(f)
08-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Hehehehe, yeah!! That´ll be cute!! I´m looking forward to do photos with you!! Mauahahaha, that´ll be great! I´ll point my gun at you the whole time! ;-)

My gun does have bullets, they hurt alot! Two years ago a girl who loves Duo visited me. She was sleeping and I pointed my gun at her. I accidently shot her in the butt. loooooooooool!! I didn´t wanna hit her, I wasn´t aiming exactly at her. And those small bullets HURT. -_-

PluieEnfant
08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm so tired...and I'm not even home right now. T_T Ahh! I wanna go home!

Okay, there's everyone's random moment for the day.

Kamifan
08-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Heero(f) and JeiC- YAy! I had wanted to do a duo cosplay for some time...but I got tired of my hair...and *cough* cut it...so I have to find a really good wig >_<. I am also still debating on which Duo outfit I want to do first. I think I might go with the Endless Waltz one because I have all the pieces sitting in my closet hahaha.

Miri
08-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Heero(f) and JeiC- YAy! I had wanted to do a duo cosplay for some time...but I got tired of my hair...and *cough* cut it...so I have to find a really good wig >_<. I am also still debating on which Duo outfit I want to do first. I think I might go with the Endless Waltz one because I have all the pieces it sitting in my closet hahaha.

I suggest this wig - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_alicia_xl.html

It's got nice Duo bangs, and you could braid extentions into it if you want the braid longer. ^^

Kamifan
08-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Miri- Wow, thank you so much! I love amphigory lol. You are so helpful! ^_^.

Heero(f)
08-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Yeah, this wig would look great! *pats Quatre* Well done! :D I´d like to make new photos but I don´t have ideas for more poses. *yawn*

Miri
08-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Miri- Wow, thank you so much! I love amphigory lol. You are so helpful! ^_^.

My pleasure! ^^ that's the wig I plan on buying for a future Duo cosplay. =3

Yeah, this wig would look great! *pats Quatre* Well done! :D Iīd like to make new photos but I donīt have ideas for more poses. *yawn*

I think you need to get a friend to take some nice full body photos of you in some nice setting outside. XD

Heero(f)
08-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Mhm...I don´t know anyone who likes anime. My best friend will be scared when he sees me with a gun. looool!

KaineMaxwell
08-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I suggest this wig - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_alicia_xl.html

It's got nice Duo bangs, and you could braid extentions into it if you want the braid longer. ^^

Thanks for the Duo wig idea!
(*is a guy)

Miri
08-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the Duo wig idea!
(*is a guy)

You bet! =3

JeiC
08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Heero(f) and JeiC- YAy! I had wanted to do a duo cosplay for some time...but I got tired of my hair...and *cough* cut it...so I have to find a really good wig >_<. I am also still debating on which Duo outfit I want to do first. I think I might go with the Endless Waltz one because I have all the pieces sitting in my closet hahaha.

I need to stop writing stories and check the boards...

Anyway, my hair isn't long enough, but I use extensions instead. I kinda rigged something up with 2 packs of jumbo braid extensions from Sally's, which connects to my hair at the base of the braid and is just woven in with my own. My hair is about half the length of my braid for Duo, but you could probably pull it off as well as long as you have enough hair to put into even a small braid.

Yeah, I know about the growing tired of it thing...I did it several years ago and I'm still growing it back out.

Kamifan
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I need to stop writing stories and check the boards...

Anyway, my hair isn't long enough, but I use extensions instead. I kinda rigged something up with 2 packs of jumbo braid extensions from Sally's, which connects to my hair at the base of the braid and is just woven in with my own. My hair is about half the length of my braid for Duo, but you could probably pull it off as well as long as you have enough hair to put into even a small braid.

Yeah, I know about the growing tired of it thing...I did it several years ago and I'm still growing it back out.

That is genius! I never would have thought of that! Thanks for the idea :D!

Miri
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Just thought I'd post this link -

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1228137

Soooo good. :D

Heero(f)
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
aww! They are very very cute!! Thanks for posting this link, Quatre! :-)
I uploaded some new photos. Heero in the basketball outfit and some more of Heero in his white shirt. :-) love it!! But you´ll also see them on deviantart.

PluieEnfant
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Aww, Mih is so cute. Thanks for showing that Miri. I looked at her Wufei and Meilan gallery and wow, they're really good. Best Wufei I've seen (then again, I say that all the time...). My Tro-tro cosplays were on standby while I was in NY, but now that I'm back, they'll be up and running. Not as fast as I hope them to be since school just started but...at least I'm trying. T_T I need to go look for cloth. I have no idea what cloth to use for my Opening 1 costume and I have NO idea how to make the pants. Anyone wanna help me...?

JeiC
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
That is genius! I never would have thought of that! Thanks for the idea :D!

Heh...more like me trying to find a cheaper way then buying a wig. Overall, I think the cost of the extensions cost me US$4. That's not counting the elastics holding the starting knot together, but that's negligible.

PluieEnfant: You may want to check out using stuff like boning or whatever they use to make the big hoop skirts you see in southern bell type of costumes to get the poofy-ness. Try checking out some other clown costume patterns...they might have some better suggestions if they do poofy pants as well.

AVAAntares
08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow -- that is the coolest Wufei I've ever seen! And I think it's the first Meiran I've ever seen, for that matter. Thanks for posting the pic, Miri!

PluieEnfant: Which pants are you doing? (Sorry, I've not kept up with this thread, what with Ikasucon and GenCon back to back... I've just barely skimmed to catch up.) If it's the big poofy clown pants (what else do you call them?) your biggest factor is going to be fabric choice.

The suggestion about looking at the game threads is also a good one: One of the cosplayers I judged at Ikasucon had the brilliant idea of altering (what I think started as) a hakama pattern and putting elastic in the bottom, so that when she pulled them up on her legs, they poofed out perfectly. It's hard to describe... :) But I can send you photos if you like. She had the most dead-on Sora pants I've ever seen.

Heero(f)
08-24-2007, 03:57 AM
I uploaded some new photos again. Pleeeaaaase comment! XD

PluieEnfant
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
JeiC: I thought about using boning. I've been looking around at other "poofy-pants" people and trying to see how they might do it.

AVAAntares: I'm thinking of doing his pants from the first opening, the blue ones with yellow stars on them. Same thing as the series, only different colors. Someone's told me about looking at Sora's pants. Hakama pattern? Wow, haven't thought of that. It just might work. I know that I have to make them baggy/big but I had no idea how to make them give that odd poof. Could you please send me the photos? I'd like to see. ^_^

JeiC
08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
hm...with a hakama pattern, you're going to have all those pleats. I'd be interested in seeing how they managed to get around that.

I asked my mother for some ideas since she's beyond awesome at making clothes in general and always helps me with my costumes.

If the pants are not lined, hand tack boning in place in circumference around the leg. If the pants are lined, either make a casing or directly sew the boning to the lining.

I can get more information if you want.

Heero(f)
08-25-2007, 03:50 AM
I´d like to do Heero´s OZ uniform but it´ll be hard I think. Hmm....

PluieEnfant
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
JeiC: Yes, I'd like more information about boning. My mother has done it before as well, but she's not as advanced in sewing. But that's only because her sewing machine was waayyy different from the ones we have today.

The only problem I'll have with this costume I'm sure will be the pants. Argh.

Miri
08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Suggestion time!

In this photobucket folder of reference pics of different Quatre outfits.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/Mirisha/Quatre%20Cosplay%20References/

I was wondering what you folks think I should or shouldn't do, or think I should add to the bucket? =3

Thank you! =3

JeiC
08-26-2007, 11:50 AM
PluieEnfant: I'll ask her the next time I see her. I hadn't used boning before until my dress for AB07's ball required it in the bodice. She'll probably want to know if you were planning on lining the pants or not. I know she's made multiple southern bell type of costumes with the big hoop skirts (just gotta remember not to bring up the one where she had to put 5+ yards of material into a 25" waist...I think that would make anyone cry)...I can't find a good reference picture of Trowa to show her so I've been pulling up KH1 Riku in the mean time. If you've got a picture that I could show her (I know the outfit, but I can't find a good reference for her), it'd be awesome.

Miri: I'm biased so Preventer Quatre would be awesome (not to mention as soon as I get the sizing, I'm making a Preventer jacket for another Quatre cosplayer). Um, the White Fang one would be cool...not sure if anyone would recognize the fantasy one as awesome as it might be. You'd probably get confused as some version of Fai from Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle.

Heero(f)
08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Miri: I´d like to see that "desert-outfit" Muahaha! That´d be cool! :-)

Miri
08-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Miri: I'm biased so Preventer Quatre would be awesome (not to mention as soon as I get the sizing, I'm making a Preventer jacket for another Quatre cosplayer). Um, the White Fang one would be cool...not sure if anyone would recognize the fantasy one as awesome as it might be. You'd probably get confused as some version of Fai from Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle.

Yeah, I know no one would recognise that one, but the creator (or one of, not sure if there are multiple) or a GW fantasy doujin asked me (more like she dared me XD) to make it, and I think the design is simple enough that I'd like to try it.

I REALLY want a Preventer jacket! They look like they take a long time though >_>

By White Fang, do you mean the black jumpsuits? Becayse I had thought about that too. I'm just hesitant because of my hips. XP

Miri: I´d like to see that "desert-outfit" Muahaha! That´d be cool! :-)

His cloak? Heck yeah. XD

Heero(f)
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Those White Fang outfits? I wouldn´t be able to do them ´cause I would look sooooooooooo fat. XD

Yeah, I mean the cloak. I loved this outfit in the series. :-) Made him look so great!! *sigh* I don´t know what to do next ´cause I´m too fat for EVERYTHING and I´m depressed. No one comments on my photos anymore. Perhaps I´m just too impatient.

Miri
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
First off, you're so not fat. ;p Do whatever Heero cosplay you want and you'll look great.

Also, don't worry if you don't get comments on all of your photos. People often comment on just one two out of a group for someone, and it would be hard since you've got so many photos to comment on them all. ^^; But it doesn't mean people don't like you anymore. :)

Heero(f)
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Quatre, you´re sooo nice, I love you! *jumps and hugs Quatre tightly* Thank you so much! Ok. I´ll find somethin´

PluieEnfant
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
JeiC: Okeedoke, I've found a picture of Trowa's poofy pants. This picture is really hard to find considering it's the only full-body picture of his opening outfit. -_- Anyway, here it is.Trowa's Opening Poofy Pants (http://www.geocities.com/eyesofaclown/images/3rd-off-trowa01.jpg) Wow, your friend sounds amazing. 5 yards? I wish I was that amazing.

By the way everyone, I'm planning on doing Trowa's series outfit. I was thinking about it and realized that I wouldn't feel complete without it. So, that's three outfits that I'm currently working on. Yay! I even might go as Ozzie-Trowa. Sigh. I'll make every costume that he's ever been officially drawn in. XD

JeiC
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I REALLY want a Preventer jacket! They look like they take a long time though >_>

By White Fang, do you mean the black jumpsuits? Becayse I had thought about that too. I'm just hesitant because of my hips. XP

It took my mother and I about a month to make the pattern (trial and error). The biggest pain really is the overlays, the piping, and the zippers (mainly the pocket ones). The ones we make are fully lined so that takes time as well. On average, give yourself 2 or 3 weekends to make the final version. I honestly have a hard time judging how long it will take because either we were running 2 jackets at the same time or running a jacket with another costume at the same time.

Heh...no, it's that one with the khaki-colored shirt and darker colored pants. At least I think they look like White Fang uniforms: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/Mirisha/Quatre%20Cosplay%20References/cal7.jpg

Heero(f): Don't worry about people not commenting on pictures. A lot of people could be like me...rarely ever comment on things. If I do, it usually is a long time after someone's commented on mine. I'm just horrible at responding to stuff like that.

PluieEnfant: I'll get that picture to her, thanks.

Heero(f)
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
JeiC: Okay, I won´t worry anymore! *smile* I´ll just shoot them!! Muahaha!!

PluieEnfant: Yeah, Trowa´d be cool! *sigh* He´s so damn sexy! *drool* *faints and wakes up in Trowas trailer* Ooops....^__^ Make all Trowa outfits so I can spam your gallery. ;-)

-Kitsu
08-27-2007, 10:34 AM
PluieEnfant: I believe what those types of pants are normally made out of is some kind of dense fabric foam mix... as in the dense fabric attached to the foam, kind of like headliner material. Easiest way to mimic this without it looking odd would prolly be to just interface all of the fabric you're planning to use and just iron the living crap out of it when you go to wear it.

JeiC: *Lurvs up on joo after being a pain in the ass when joo were making my jacket* Other than Son Goku and Roxas, I'm not too sure what I'm bringing to Mangunext...wanna do preventers again or something else?

Everybody else: Heya, I'm the preventers Wufei in the pictures JeiC posted earlier. Started off like many loving the crap out of Duo and eventually made my way over to having the angry/snarky one as my favorite, could be the mirroring personality traits, who knows. Eventually I do really want to make his outfit from the series and I've been working off and on on his outfit from the 2002 calander, the blue top with silver dragons. Also insanely excited about the preventers group for AB, how is it AB ends up with all the amazing GW action after the series is long out of being on the air?

Oh yea and also as soon as I get my ass back out to the garage I'll prolly be finishing up shaping JeiC's keyblade and getting to work on my Dao-shu for Wufei. Really just need the handle and the hand guard then I can figure out the whole sheath thing.

AVAAntares
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
hm...with a hakama pattern, you're going to have all those pleats. I'd be interested in seeing how they managed to get around that.

Well... I'm assuming they were hakama to start with. She called them "samurai pants." They did not have pleats, so I'm guessing that was one of the things she altered.

Here's a picture, from our judging references: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1237795

She showed us how she had made them -- she flared the pants and then put an elastic band at the ankle. When she pushes the elastic up to knee level, the pants blouse out. Simple, but effective. :)

However, now that I see the pants in question (thanks for the reference image, PluieEnfant), I'm thinking the pattern should be more like the thighs on a pair of jodhpurs, since the inside line is rather straight and it's only the outside that blouses out.

Miri --

I *love* the manga shot of Quatre, so I vote for that one. :toothy: On the other hand, I've always had a weakness for the EW dress uniforms, so I'd like to see that one, too.

The fantasy pic is gorgeous, and is now on my hard drive :) , but I agree with JeiC that you'd be pegged as a CLAMP character instead. But there's nothing to say that you couldn't make it anyway...

JeiC
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
PluieEnfant: Okay, got so better ideas. Since Trowa's pants are oddly shaped in their poofy-ness, she suggested shaping the pants first and then putting the boning down the outer leg seam. Just gotta watch out what kind of boning and how stiff.

AVAAntares: Oooh, I like that alternate idea...if she did start with a hakama, it really would have been interesting to see the alterations she did. I wear a hakama for Aikido, so seeing it go from that to Sora's overlay shorts is interesting...provided it started out as a hakama.

*tugs on Sukunai Kitsune's rattail* You need to let me know when you'll be getting ahold of our Quatre for sizing. shadowblaze is getting anxious to get started on his jacket for Trowa so I kinda want to give him an idea of when he can get started. Not sure what else I want to do for MN. I'll catchya online. Me thinks someone might be disappointed if we don't give them some GW love though.

All I know is that what I started on a whim at AB06 has culminated into one good sized group. AB08 isn't going to know what hit it. Especially if we decide to go with shadowblaze's idea.

-Kitsu
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM
*tugs on Sukunai Kitsune's rattail* You need to let me know when you'll be getting ahold of our Quatre for sizing. shadowblaze is getting anxious to get started on his jacket for Trowa so I kinda want to give him an idea of when he can get started.

I have to wait for JTF to come home from Florida before shelly can come down to visit and try it on. If its not going to be for a couple weeks after I'm going to just send up mine to her to have her try it on.

Miri
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
It took my mother and I about a month to make the pattern (trial and error). The biggest pain really is the overlays, the piping, and the zippers (mainly the pocket ones). The ones we make are fully lined so that takes time as well. On average, give yourself 2 or 3 weekends to make the final version. I honestly have a hard time judging how long it will take because either we were running 2 jackets at the same time or running a jacket with another costume at the same time.

Heh...no, it's that one with the khaki-colored shirt and darker colored pants. At least I think they look like White Fang uniforms: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/Mirisha/Quatre%20Cosplay%20References/cal7.jpg

Wow, I see. =3

OH THAT one. XP Der.

Heero(f)
08-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Mhm...I´d like to take more full body shots and I read the tips for less hip so I´ll try it out...to cover the waist/hip with your arm etc. and stand like a guy (guys use more space). ;-) I didn´t even know that! lol!

-Kitsu
08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Mhm...Iīd like to take more full body shots and I read the tips for less hip so Iīll try it out...to cover the waist/hip with your arm etc. and stand like a guy (guys use more space). ;-) I didnīt even know that! lol!

Easiest way to trick the camera is to stand at a 3/4 pose towards it and place your weight on your back leg. Also one of the other common tricks I've heard is to "lead with your hips" basically how you see character artwork done where a guy will lean backwards in a hunch instead forward.

JeiC
08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
...or in my case, be obnoxiously tall. It seems to make people think I'm a guy at first, I dunno. Either that or I scare people.

Yeah, yeah, I got stuck with crappy genetics for cosplaying...

If the costume allows for it (something like KH2 Riku=no) I usually put 1" shoulder pads in my costumes (and I hate shoulder pads) to make my sloping girlie shoulders straighter and it usually fills that area out a little more as well. My Preventer jacket definitely makes my shoulders appear broader so I look like I have smaller hips.

Hm, about the only other thing I might suggest is like Sukunai Kitsune said and shift your hips forward so that your back is in a straight(er) line. Though I'm more use to hearing it as "tuck your butt in," but her's is nicer. I'll add various things in depending on the character...like with battle stances for Riku, I tend to stand with my feet further apart and bent at the knees, tucking my butt in, which gives me more stability (especially if I'm holding Oblivion up instead of resting on my shoulder...I've been tackle glomped in that costume before - falling while not hurting the other person and trying to not damage my keyblade is really hard). Duo...well, I've got a lot of sitting down pictures...still working on various stances that I could do with him.

Heero(f)
08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, that´s the problem, I´m not very tall. lol! I´m as small as Heero. o.O Thanks for the tips, I´ll try it. My shoulders are ok I think and chest too but hips. -_- Always the same problem. ;-) `Cause I don´t have much full body shots...

Miri
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Easiest way to trick the camera is to stand at a 3/4 pose towards it and place your weight on your back leg. Also one of the other common tricks I've heard is to "lead with your hips" basically how you see character artwork done where a guy will lean backwards in a hunch instead forward.

Yep, that's what I do. ^^ The ol' 'cock the hip away from the camera'. ^^

PluieEnfant
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
*copy/pasting all the info and printing it all out*

Thank you to everyone! Wow, I got so much information right there. I think I can work from here. If I have any more questions, I'll just ask. Okeedoke?

Hm, this thread has been alive for a while. XD GW forever!

-Kitsu
08-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Yep, that's what I do. ^^ The ol' 'cock the hip away from the camera'. ^^

Yep its amazing when I need to hide my fat german ass. O! and those slimming shorts you can find at target and stuff help like a charm... I end up one full pants size smaller with them on.

Miri
08-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Hmm, I just may want to go check into those. :P

Heero(f)
08-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Sakunai: You are german? And where can you buy those pants? I don´t know where to buy all that stuff ´cause I don´t know what it´s called in german, for example where to buy ace bandages or something like that...

AVAAntares
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Hmm... I don't know enough German to help you, but here they're usually called body briefers or body shapers, and they're sold everywhere from Wal-Mart to Nordstrom. I would think most large department stores would carry them. Maybe you can search online and find a place that carries them locally? You DO want to try them on in person, if possible.

Eek! Ace bandages are dangerous if used incorrectly. Don't use them to flatten body parts! I know somebody who broke a rib trying to bind herself flat to play a guy... Well, all that info is available in the crossplay thread, so I won't reiterate it here. :)

Heero(f)
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, okay. So much about ace bandages. -_- I´ll try to find something else then...

AVAAntares
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Seriously, visit the Crossplay thread. There are literally hundreds of posts on the topic. :)

I use the sports tape method, but there are a few drawbacks... well, you can PM me if you want details. I don't want to clog up the Gundam W thread discussing taping methods. ^_~

So... um... has anybody recreated scenes from the series while cosplaying from Gundam W? /AVA flails desperately to get back on topic/

PluieEnfant
08-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Wow, I'm back already. XD Ahem. Anyway. I can't seem to find the right color for my Trowa wig. I've thought about it and although Katiebair used #6 Lavish on amphigory (which is the same #6 in Cosworx, considering they're the same brand) I want to be as close to his hair as possible. What is it anyway? It's like...mustard. Auburn mustard? From what I've seen, the auburns are too red and the browns are really dark. I haven't seen anything yellow enough to be Trowa-hair. Would it be wrong to not get his hair color perfectly? It's so....yellow. Mustard...Colonel Mustard. XD