PDA

View Full Version : Food?

quadrain61
05-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know where any places to chow down besides the places in the hotel?

rogue
05-03-2003, 11:34 PM
There is a Wendy's down the road from the hotel.

Kas
05-04-2003, 12:26 AM
hmm.. our group ate at that Wendy's and I think all of us got sick.. -_-.. there's suppose to be some other places too.. I will ask my sis to post up some places to eat since we works out that way..

Farmboybob
05-04-2003, 08:45 AM
About how far away is the Wendy's becaues Quadrain61 and I may have to walk to it.

liz-maru
05-04-2003, 10:42 AM
i know there is a mall that has a huge foodcourt but its like maybe 10-20 min away. but there is a bojangles if you go up the road like 5 min and there is a deli and stuff. ^^

Cosmos
05-04-2003, 11:04 AM
In walking distance, huh? Well, it's about a 5min drive one way for the Wendy's and I think there's like 2 other places to eat there too. And then about a 10min drive away (you have to get on to a major road) is a shopping center place with a Food Lion, and then you have McDonalds, Burger King, Golden Corrall and a few other places I can't think of right now. That's where we usually end up though.
Hope that helps, but if I were you, bring some food and eat in the hotel ^^;
~Cosmos

quadrain61
05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
how's the food in the hotel someone anyone: starbucks, cascade resturant

ShingoBunny
05-04-2003, 12:00 PM
I didn't mind it.. ^^ Starbucks is a Starbucks is a Starbucks, and the resturaunt was pretty nice.

Cosmos
05-04-2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah, it's not too bad, but as you could imagine, they're not the cheapest places to eat ^^;

Ranma Saotome
05-05-2003, 03:22 AM
I'm bringing boxes of ramen and soda.

Mako-san
05-05-2003, 09:37 AM
mm yeah there is a Wendy's and McDonalds on Miami Blvd, which is one exit off of i-40 or you can take the back way, Also on Miami there is a Rudino's (pizza joint). Soutpoint Mall is 15-20 min drive west on I-40. Going East on I-40, there are several resturants at Airport Blvd exits and cary exits.
You can ask the front desk of any places that is close and also the pizza's places like Dominos deliver, so that is an option.
That is the bad thing about this con is that there are no resturants close, at least walking distance. :(
I've never eating at the con resturant but I hear its not that good and very expensive.
I hope this helps, I drive by there everyday to go to durham to work.
Be careful of all the road construction!! Esp. at the con exit

liz-maru
05-05-2003, 12:15 PM
there is more road construction! >.< ah geeze!

Hikaruchan
05-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Actually, the hotel resturaunt wasn't too bad - and it wasn't majorly pricey. My sis & I were pleasantly surprised by that, as there were actually affordable food that was edible.

evaneko
05-05-2003, 04:35 PM
that hotel food was too expensive for poor little me- theres lot of fast food close, but im not sure if it is in walking distance...

this is a stupid post i need a nap... sorry... -_-

DancingVampire
05-10-2003, 10:00 AM
South Point (te large mall) has just about every thing to eat ^_^

quadrain61
05-14-2003, 05:37 AM
i'll try the resturant since i won't be getting my provisional license till august

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Just hit a supermarket sometime before the con, or on your way over or something. That what i'm doing. Buying tons of snacks, sodas, ramen, pocky. And the plastic cups and forks to eat them with. Do they have the little refregerators in the rooms? I forget.

Hikaruchan
05-14-2003, 10:57 AM
No mini frig, bring a cooler

Farmboybob
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry but I've never had ramen. How is it? What does it taste like? Should I reccomend it to a friend?
The last question was kinda random but the others are sencere.

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 04:12 PM
It's pretty good, you may or may not like it, but I like it very much and most people I know do as well! It tastes like noodles and stuff, its quite good, someone else should answer what it tastes like, as you can see i'm not as descriptive.. you should get your friend to try it too tho! Good stuff.

Farmboybob
05-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Well you say it's good, so I will have to get some soon and try it!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 04:27 PM
I buy maruchan or whatever, I hear its the best.
I boil the water, add ramen stir and let it cook a bit while I stir and add the flavoring and stir a lil more and cook. Then dish out and eat :D

quadrain61
05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Yeah farmboybob you keep saying that you're indigent but those packets are like $.59 a packet which fills you up quick. guessing im gonna have to pick up some that thursday night at kroger and a couple of pocky boxes from a local oriental store $.99/box.

Himemiya
05-14-2003, 10:39 PM
I like the ramen in the cup ^_^ less mess!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 11:12 PM
I've been meaning and wanting to try those, altho' I heard from a friend they aren't as good, but I dont think it will really bother me so i'ma get some, maybe not for the convention... since i'ma be stove and microwaveless and making it in a coffeepot :D

KurumiChan
05-21-2003, 12:10 PM
There's no stove or anything in the hotel rooms- What do they have in there to cook with?

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
EvaNeko: Ah Ramen in a cup and not cup ramen brand thats precupped or something, I have no clue I've never tried that braned ^^;..
I figured it out once I came to the point where I figure what to eat the ramen out of.. why not a plastic cup :D! My friend who is staying with us is bringing a hot plate, to make Ramen on! I'll bring a pot to make it in and a big spoon type thing. Plastic spoons and cups too. If we're hot-plate-less, we shall use the coffee pot to make Ramen! :D
Also.. we might bring a cooler and put lunch meat and sodas in there. So we will have alternatives from 100% Ramen saturation.

KurumiChan: Unless your bringing a hotplate or something ^^;. Your stuck with coffee-pot-sama!

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 07:11 PM
ahhhhhh coffee-pot-sama. He always seemd to be there for you no matter what. well.... unless someone else uses him first.

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Coffee-pot-sama had an affair with the other guests! :o o_O

I just came back from the groshery store. Got some ham, salami, soda, paper plates; bowls; and untensils, at least 15 packs of ramen, bread, mayo, mustard, and I forget what else.. I forgot to look for Pocky! :O Oh well...