PDA

View Full Version : RENT and cosplay, anyone?

SetaGinny
08-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Due to some extremely messed up circumstance which I won't want to go into, myself and two other people are going to see the EXTREMELY good Broadway show, RENT, on Friday night, at 8 PM, most likely in anime costumes depending on if we get a decent crowd. At 3:00 we're going to TKTS on 47th in Times Square to get tickets. If anyone is interested in joining us, tickets'll probably be 45-50. They're worth every penny and more, as any person who has seen the show will tell you.

I realize that's a lot of money, especially since most of you are attending the full convention (I gotta move into my dorm this weekend grumble-grumble) or actually GOT tickets to the Bebop premiere (sob) but I wanted to extend the invitation any way. If you need to contact me about meeting up, GinnySeta@aol.com. Thanks, and everyone have a great time, no matter where ya are in the city!

Shima-Mizu
08-29-2002, 04:37 PM
I love RENT. I've seen it once so far, have the entire thing memorized (i own the 2 cd set, listen to it enough you'll memorize it) and I'm probably going to see it in another month or so again. I won't be joining you since I have to come back home Friday during the evening hours so that I can go to work on Saturday morning...but to anyone considering RENT, definitly go see it, you won't regret it.

SetaGinny
08-29-2002, 04:41 PM
I know the feel! It's SO DAMN ADDICTIVE! Tomorrow'll be my 7th time seeing it. I seriously would like to do an "Otaku Outting" some time to see this show, so even if you can't make it this weekend, maybe we can manage it for another time. RENT deals with many of the same issues anime often does, and the people in it often seem like likely otaku (The current Angel wears a Sailor Moon belt at the end of the show) And the cosplay part will just make it more fun. So...we'll see about another time if tomorrow doesn't work, ne?

Shima-Mizu
09-03-2002, 04:13 PM
So...how was it? Did you get together a decent number of people?

If you are interested in trying to plan a weekend evening to go see it sometime, let me know and we can plan that out---since that's when I'm trying to go and see it.