PDA

View Full Version : MegaCon 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3

EXsoldierSNAKE
07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I know its super freakin early, but who's planning to go to Megacon next year? I'm planning on Mega being my first con

NiGHTmaren
07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I'll be there probably Saturday-only since I have to afford an out of state trip to Katsu a few weeks prior to Mega. Right now it looks like I'll be a part of my friends group (it's a secret), but if that falls through I'll be wearing one of my Katsu costumes, maybe Wander from Shadow of the Colossus.

*Kai*
07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
As per tradition, I'll be there. Still no clue as to who I am going to be because I know my ideas will change by then. =P

~Kat

tsuoi_kaze
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
A new thread already? wow, that was quick...

I'll probably be there. Mega 08 will be my third MegaCon if I go.

Tranquility
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I'll be there! Wooo! Haha.

Leenus
07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
sweet we already have a thread XD

I will be def. going since megacon is always my first convention to kick off the new con year/season.
as for costume I have no clue yet XD

BayushiKachiko
07-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I'll be there, likely.

And, like Kai, no idea as to what. I'd love to have my Crusader Leon done by that time. Gotta order more maille supplies by then. Oi.

Mechabaragon
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Of course i'll be there. Megacon07 was my first Con ever, I plan to come prepared and I hope to work on my costumes very very soon. So if you happen to see a Pair of Black Waltz? Just run up and scream. Mechabaragon?! XD

EXsoldierSNAKE
07-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Awesome, I won't be the only newbie XD. I was hoping no one would have a problem with this thread going up so early. I pretty much made it because my Dragon Con plans were canceled and i was feeling kinda bummed out about it. Glad to see so many of you are going. I will be at Mega, they'll have to unleash an army of flying monkeys if they wanna stop me! ok im lame:(

*Kai*
07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
LoL, EXsoldierSNAKE. ^-^ You're not lame, you're jsut one of us. =P

Ohohoho, and I MIGHT have an idea of next year's list now. ^^ Depending on where we get our hotel and how close it is, I might even attempt the whole multiple costumes in a day thing.

Alright, enough rambling.....the costume list is as followed... so far. >.>

Kaname Chidori, both Military and School (( that'd be a double in a day costume probably, lol)) and POSSIBLY the brand spanking new ((sort of)) version of KUJA!!! ^^ I've been DYING to re-do him, so yea. =P

This year I wanna get names and numbers of those who wanna meet up though. >_O It's no fun missing your friends because I can't/ don't know how to get a hold of them.

~Kat

Puddles
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm going, I always go to Megacon XD It was my first con many years ago, so it's special =D

My group of friends is attempting to come back again next year. For those who went to 07, I was the Demyx with the huge group of Organization XIII members. We spent a good chunk of the con upstairs posing for pictures and meeting up with other Kingdom Hearts cosplayers. It was loads of fun!

Anyways, the group's trying to go back, and we're crossing Org XIII with the various job classes from Ragnarok Online. There's a list of our costumes in my costume list.

PluieEnfant
07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I'll be going! I had so much fun this year and my friend and I are planning on bringing back Gundam Wing's Trowa and Catherine. Mm-hmm. Hope to see you all there.

My group of friends is attempting to come back again next year. For those who went to 07, I was the Demyx with the huge group of Organization XIII members. We spent a good chunk of the con upstairs posing for pictures and meeting up with other Kingdom Hearts cosplayers. It was loads of fun!

Ooh...I saw you guys! I wanted to take a pic but...I had no camera. :( Maybe I'll get you next year!

ravenmist
07-17-2007, 09:17 PM
*crosses fingers* My sis and I are either going to Megacon or Jacon. We haven't decided which yet. Both if we are able to get time off, but we'll see. I had to knock out one costume for AWA cause I couldn't get time off, so I'll do it for one of the Orlando cons.

Puddles
07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Ooh...I saw you guys! I wanted to take a pic but...I had no camera. :( Maybe I'll get you next year!

Awh! ;0; I'm sorry you couldn't get a picture of us this year!

Good news is from what I hear, just about everyone in our group is trying to come back next year =D And despite us being Ragnarok Online versions of ourselves, I know some of us are bringing the traditional Org. XIII costumes too <3 So we should be pretty easy to find again!

PluieEnfant
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Awh! ;0; I'm sorry you couldn't get a picture of us this year!

Good news is from what I hear, just about everyone in our group is trying to come back next year =D And despite us being Ragnarok Online versions of ourselves, I know some of us are bringing the traditional Org. XIII costumes too <3 So we should be pretty easy to find again!

Yay! I'll be sure to bring my camera (hopefully I'll be getting a newer, better one) fully charged and with tons of space for pics. ^_^ Hope to see you guys there! I'll take pics of you all no matter what you're wearing!

kimiko_yuki
07-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm certainly going to megacon. I'll be my first mega con and I even planned out my vacation leave one week prior to it so that I can put finishing touches on my costumes. I'll have Queen Esther and Pope Alessandro from Trinity Blood finished by then. see ya'll there!

Jonslutt
07-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Not completely sure but my roommate and I might be going...we'll sure as hell try to be there.

As for costumes, if we can't go as what we plan we'll go as Jay and Silent Bob like we did on 07s Megacon (which was our first, lotsa fun ;D)

Arisa
07-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I'll almost definitely be there, unless something goes wrong. Hopefully my Evila costume will be done by then.

zanko_san
07-31-2007, 04:45 PM
ok im definetly gonna be there my birthday is only a week after so i should be going as a b-day present from my sister ((she wants to take her two sons anyway))
im hopefully going to do an ouran cosplay if any ill do Tamaki
most likely i will never do hunny cause im getting too tall XD

but yeah im 99.9% sure ill be there as Tamaki

Prota-Girl
07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
YAY! I`ll be entering the Costume Contest as Female vincent Valentine! ^^

aiko_yamada
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll be there, though probably just Saturday, seeing as how Megacon isn't my favourite con out there. More than likely I'll be Kaoru Hitachiin from Ouran Host Club, though I don't know if it will be school uniform or one of the many cosplays they did at the club.

thebunnyninja
08-04-2007, 12:03 PM
I should be going to megacon my friend might come with me. If we all go we're going to do something from WoW. Morethen likely a night and blood elf

Mechabaragon
08-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Wow, there are going to be alot of people coming from here. I say someone should make a big sign that says ' Cosplay.com swarm! ' @Puddles: Kuja? Theres a guy with alot of balls..wearing so much hot pink! Lol. I hope you all finish the costumes you're trying to make!

tsuoi_kaze
08-06-2007, 04:25 AM
O_o...MegaCon is March 7th-9th?
Really? March?
Wow.
Wasn't expecting that. I don't know why I'm surprised, it just struck me as odd.

Prota-Girl
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Same here. o.o

tsuoi_kaze
08-06-2007, 10:54 PM
XD now I know why it surprised me! I turn 17 the Friday after MegaCon!
I actually had to think about that for a few minutes, too, lol.

I've only been to Mega 06 and 07, so I'm used to it being in February :thumbsup:

fightstar
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Never been to one, but it looks like I will have to plan for this one in 2K8. I keep hearing good things about Mega Con and I should check it out. I hope to have my Spartan '300' done by then, I hope.

Ichigo Jinx
08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm going ^^ my 3rd megacon so it'll be fun. I'll have my new costume done by then too, I'm considering entering the costume contest since my friend has been bugging me about entering one every con we go to XD

Leenus
08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
It Struck me as Odd for another reason I don't remember them having the convention in March though it could be my bad memory mixing cons.

This will be my 5th Megacon WHOOT!

@ Cosspace.com People: The RSVP for Megacon has been posted.
Events>> Megacon 2008: Convention RSVP (http://www.cosspace.com/event/view/id_101/)

Edward Will Be gracing Megacon in 08 if I don't have any other cosplay planned.

Foos
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Mega goes back and forth between February and March. This'll be my... I dunno, sixth or seventh Megacon. As for cosplay, Friday I'm doing Lego Star Wars. No idea what my big Saturday anime costume will be yet. :|

Luckily, my mother works for the company that owns the two hotels adjacent to the convention center, so I'll be able to snag a cheap room and not deal with traffic/parking.

Violinist_Akina
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Lol I'm going. :3 Megacon 07 was my first con.
I plan on bringing a good camera this time that won't die XD or run out of film.
And a video camera.
XD and me and my friend will be dancing around in the halls.
So if you hear music.
And a roxas and axel dancing around.
That will be me and my friend.
I'm gonna be roxas. 8D

Can't wait for it again! <33

NiGHTmaren
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I've decided what my big costume for Saturday will be but it's secret! So I can't reveal any details, you'll have to wait til the con. Sunday I might go as well, just to wear Haruhi (Ouran) again because it will be a good cooling off costume and well, I just like being Haruhi! ^_^

tsuoi_kaze
08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
hmmmm...I sort of want to cosplay Haruko (FLCL) for Megacon. My friends want to do a Soul Calibur group, though, and I have limited money (I just know I won't be able to afford to make two costumes, I never can). I'll definately bring back Reno this year ^_^ I'm even going to give the wig a trim so that it looks better this time! Hopefully I can convince some of the other Turks to come back with me as well.

ComicBlondes
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok...this past Mega Con...from '07, there was a guy who was dressed up as Green Arrow ala Smallville style..and I could kick myself for not getting his info but does ANYONE know who this guy is? I am going down to Orlando in Sept, and if he's local...or is going to Orlando Comic Con I really wanted to see if he wanted to do a photoshoot with my Black Canary costume. Really need help hunting this guy down, lol.

Foos
08-25-2007, 09:59 AM
XD No big surprise, I've decided to do more obscure CLAMP stuff. One of my friends and I are doing artbook costumes from "Legend of Chun Hyang" and we've already started planning and learning how to tie different kinds of chinese knots. I'm doing props and painting/stenciling, she's doing all the embroidery and beading, as well as using her surger on both costumes, and we're both doing the gradient dying. I'm so excited! It's gonna be our big Saturday piece.

Friday I'm still planning Lego Star Wars, and Sunday remains to be what I find laying around my apartment.

Hime No Toki: Secret? ;____; Gah, I hope it's Sailor Moon or Rurouni Kenshin.

Lucifer
08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Considering the prices have gone so high for Megacon, I likely will only attend one day. I have no idea what I'll be wearing, as there are at least 4 non-anime conventions prior to Megacon that I will be attending (Assimilation, Screamfest, FX-show, Gallifrey One), so I'll just re-wear something from one of those conventions to Megacon.

I go there mostly to shop anyway.

NiGHTmaren
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Nope, not Kenshin or Sailor Moon, very obscure series of character design goodness. ^_^ I'll look goofy as heck, but I love the design regardless.

SpiffyKitty
09-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I go to MegaCon every year. :3
This year, I'm going to have a booth! (My boyfriend's going to watch it during the competition on Saturday for me). :3 That is, if I decide to compete this year. I'm sure I'll have a costume... I just have no idea what yet ^^;

tsuoi_kaze
09-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok, put some tought into it, and I won't be able to make Haruko, since it turns out that I not only don't have the money; but I also don't have the right tools to make the guitar.

Besides, I found some great patterns at Joannes last night, so it looks like, by sheer impulse, I'll be cosplaying FFVII Aeris(th).

On a side note, my "t" key is not cooperating with me and only showing up when it wants to....*rawr*

EXsoldierSNAKE
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone know if theres usually alot of Resident Evil or Metal Gear cosplayers at Mega?

Leenus
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I would love to see Resident Evil at Megacon again, Loved the group the year before (06).

Elendriel
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I'll be headed here as well :D

Right now I plan on bringing Lord Rasler, Haruhi (french dress artbook version), Isaak von Kampfer, Ion Fortuna and Lady from DMC3 :)

Toneriko
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm going to megacon! 3rd year baby!

I'll probably be cosplaying as Simca from Air Gear and Kristell from Mabinogi.

missind33
09-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I never went to Megacon though, but I told my friends and we all want to go. But I head it was also a SCIFI, gaming, and comic book event too. Besides having SCIFI, gaming, and comic books, what's the difference between that and a regular anime convention? Is there less anime?

makio
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I never went to Megacon though, but I told my friends and we all want to go. But I head it was also a SCIFI, gaming, and comic book event too. Besides having SCIFI, gaming, and comic books, what's the difference between that and a regular anime convention? Is there less anime?

Yeah, it started as SciFi/Comic/Fantasy-style convention... but branched out from there. It's pretty well integrated these days with Anime Sushi also running events.

LadyRayne
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I'll be there as Warrior Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2 and possibly something else if I have time. I'm excited to go, I almost thought I couldn't make it.

nessabutterfly
09-20-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll be going! I plan on having Strawberry shortcake done by then. I'll probably rewear my Riku from DN Angel, and if I have time, I'll get my Super Sailor Moon done.

sasha
09-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Considering I live 15 minutes away from the convention center... I will definitely be there. XD

NiGHTmaren
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Plans have changed a bit - still working on my costume for Saturday (secret), but Sunday I will be wearing Pitt from Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and my boyfriend will be Cloud from FFVII. Can't wait! :D

Prota-Girl
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
If no one knows, I`ll be Kingdom Hearts Vincent Valentine. ^^

*Kai*
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Link, Candy Cane and Artbook Rosiel here baby. ^_~

Rosie is the one my cosplay partner ((we're doing a group.)) and I are competing with IF all goes as planned!!!!!! ^_^ I know the con is months away but I'm just so excited!!!

~Kat

klasky
09-22-2007, 12:14 PM
IF I do go, I'll be going as Ulquiorra from Bleach... or Shino Aburame from Naruto xD; Whichever one gets done first, I guess. And seeing as I have school and live far away, I'll prolly only be going on Saturday. :s I think. <<;
It'll be my first Megacon ;O!

ShiNo_Usagi
09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll be there ^^ I don't think I'll be cosplaying on Friday, just picking up my badges and going back to the room to meet up and coordinate with my group.

Saturday, I am hoping, is when I will have my NGE group and if not on Saturday, then Sunday and that means I may need a second cosplay which would be Rocker Asuka =)

Any other NGE Cosplayers?

dollyrose
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll probably be going.

Marsalla
09-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Hey!! After a bunch of board lurking, and almost 2.5 years of learning how to walk again I'm gonna attend my first convention. Living in O-town kinda sucks, since most of the big conventions are either New England area or west coast.

But yeah, definatly gonna hit MegaCon. Undecided if I want to try and put my atrophied self into something. Rehab and time will tell. Lets keep dialog going people, I need a group to go with!

Hyper_Phantom
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm definately going. I'm gonna try to keep updated and post in here everyday. I haven't been coming to this site very much lately...
So for those of you I wanted to meet last year or wanted to meet me, hopefully we can find eachother this year. =3
The two cosplay's I'll be making this year for this con will be the Arizona Tea Geisha and Fuu from Samurai Champloo. I'm not sure what other cosplays I'll be wearing, I might just draw names out of a hat for that. XD I might go as Dream from the Sandman, or Turk Vincent Valentine. I dunno lol.

Leenus
10-08-2007, 05:48 AM
AH! we need to start kicking this site back into gear, I suppose it will really start to get going by November.

JackOLantern
10-08-2007, 09:54 AM
narufro is too funny, ill be there this year havent been since high school so this should be a treat for me =)

Hyper_Phantom
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
narufro is too funny, ill be there this year havent been since high school so this should be a treat for me =)

Lol thanks.

@ Ispher-Ya, this place is kinda dead lol.

Mechabaragon
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm planning ahead to make a Resident evil group with my friends after this megacon. Though i'm still looking for a final fantasy 9 group to terrorize and stuff.

Prota-Girl
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Theres A Final Fantasy Vs. Nintendo Photoshoot, More Info On The Way

tsuoi_kaze
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
The FF v.s. Nintendo Shoot sounds like fun ^_^
So far the only costumes I know I'm bringing are Reno and Aeris(th), so either way I'm set!

I need to sart on Aeris.....and finish it by the halloween party.
I really don't wanna go. Quick, help me think of a good excuse not to show up!

I think my red fabric is too bright. I seem to have trouble with ordering red things online, they always end up being too brigt. Last year my Reno wig was OMGWTFRED and now my fabric for Aeris' jacket is about the same color.

And I really need to pre-reg. I forgot to for Metro, and I really don't feel like standing in line friday night or saturday morning (whenever we get there) to pay more for a ticket than I could have.
Also, getting a hotel this year is going to be tough. I don't think my friend wants to reserve it this year because last time only two or three people paid for their share of the room (I was one of them) and she got stuck paying the rest.

ravenmist
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
As of now I'll be there all weekend!! Hopefully I can get that whole weekend off since it'll be a slow time at work. My sis, a friend and I are doing a MKR group. Nothing crazy since we all work far too much and go to school. I have no idea about the rest of the weekend.

SunakoChan
10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I already have costume plans for MegaCon. My bf will be going as Carl from Aqua teen hunger force... and I will be going as the Insane-O-Flex from Aqua teen hunger force-The Movie. The work out machine will also play the song that goes with it. "I like your booty.. but I'm not gay."

For those of you that don't know what the Insane-O-Flex is here's a tiny glimpse at it... Insane-O-Flex (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:WFD9iVeGjMF_nM:http://panther3.last.fm/storable/image/180538/small.jpg)

Yes, another robot cosplay for me XD

Sloth Elric
10-24-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm debating on whether to go or not! It all depends on if I'll be working, if I'll have monies, and if Ill be allowed to drive myself to Orlando. I really want to be able to go, though, since I've heard so much about this con from friends in the past.

If I do, I think I'll probably be schoolgirl!Orihime from Bleach and maaaybe Aziraphale from Good Omens (book cosplay, omgwtf). I'd have to find myself a Crowley, though, to make it extra special.

Spookloops
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Hola! I'll be going to Mega! It'll be my second time going. I've been going to cons for years, but Mega this year was the first con I really "stepped out" in something worth stepping out in. I'm bringing something even better next year!! I don't know what else I'm wearing beside the Gown of Doom I'm working on, but I think I'm going as somebody from Lego Star Wars with Foos just since there's so many SRZ StarWars costume there! (Disguises FTW!!). Dunno what I'm doing the third day.

I'm psyched about what I'm wearing and what everyone else is wearing - everyone's plans sound awesome or hilarious or both! :)

Just in case anyone wants to know, I was the Bird of Paradise and Sadako last time. (Fond memories of riding the elevator as Sadako, and getting Foos with the "7 days" thing on her cell phone XD.....)

SunakoChan
10-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Hola! I'll be going to Mega! It'll be my second time going. I've been going to cons for years, but Mega this year was the first con I really "stepped out" in something worth stepping out in. I'm bringing something even better next year!! I don't know what else I'm wearing beside the Gown of Doom I'm working on, but I think I'm going as somebody from Lego Star Wars with Foos just since there's so many SRZ StarWars costume there! (Disguises FTW!!). Dunno what I'm doing the third day.

I'm psyched about what I'm wearing and what everyone else is wearing - everyone's plans sound awesome or hilarious or both! :)

Just in case anyone wants to know, I was the Bird of Paradise and Sadako last time. (Fond memories of riding the elevator as Sadako, and getting Foos with the "7 days" thing on her cell phone XD.....)

I cannot wait to see Lego star wars characters running around! Though I don't know if I'll actually be able to see that well while inside my Insane-O-Flex costume. I'll have my people take pics of your people :bigtu:

I too remember going down the elevators... it was interesting doing so while wearing my A.W.E.S.O.M.-O. costume. I still ponder at how I was able to fit.

Vinyahuinewen
10-25-2007, 12:19 AM
wheee I may be there (if all goes according to plan)

My friend Pete and I wanted to go this year since our apartment complex was only like 10 minutes away from the convention center but we both ended up working crazy shifts for the Mouse (WDW college program) and didn't have a coinciding day off :/

Juego
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Another O-Town resident here, so yeah, I'm going. I think I can convince my boss to give me the Friday off.*

I'll be the red Team Fortress 2 medic, so I'm looking forward to the RvB shoot that MakioTwist just posted.

*I work for myself. XD

Foos
10-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Yep, Lego Star Wars will definitely be awesome. I've always wanted to make a jedi costume, but wasn't compelled to do so until I watched Spookloops play LSW. Hopefully we can figure out a way to spill blocks when someone hits us. XDDDD

Also, not doing Legend of Hyang Chung for Mega, since those costumes are flowy enough to save for a summer con. Instead, I'll be half of a Tokyo Babylon group cosplaying new outfits from a recent Newtype cover. XD Along with my roommate, who is always the Syaoran to my Sakura cosplays <333

fangrl93
11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
if I can get a ride I'll be there but I have no ideas for a costume

tsuoi_kaze
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Eheheheheheheheheheh.......I still haven't started Aeris.
I mean, c'mon! It's a simple enough costume, I have great patterns, good fabric, all I need are some buttons and maybe a bit more thread.
So why haven't I started?

I swear, I'll at least make an attempt at starting after all of these school projects are finished. Really, I will.

Other than that, no new plans.....darn.

And I can't wait to se the Lego StarWars Group!

SunakoChan
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I've just started on my Insane-O-Flex costume. I'm really excited about how this costume is going to work out. I hope that some people will actually like it :) If it turns out well then I *might* enter the costume contest.

Hooded Woman
11-06-2007, 01:14 AM
if I can get a ride I'll be there but I have no ideas for a costume

Where do you live? I would be coming from Jacksonville, I know it's a short drive from there (not many stops) but if you are in the path I would be more than willing to give you a ride.

helpmegetpissed
11-07-2007, 10:21 PM
ok well am going.... if anyone remember the guy with a head on a ken do stick that was me...

This year am working on a puppet zombie gaara...BTW i need help with the costume part......

Also i live in kissimmee if anyone need a ride just ask.... IF you pay for gas ill pick you up anywhere you need me to go.....(with in reason)

*Kai*
11-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Heh, I'm up for the Nintendo vs Final photo shoot. =P I know a few people who'd like to be a part when more details are planned. ^_^

I can't wait!!! Alas, it's still months away. =(

~Kat

ShiNo_Usagi
11-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I just added anoth costume to my MegaCon list. Gertrud Barkhorn... I'm sure no one knows who that is =) all the better! It will be a suprise! I can't wait to see everyone and their cosplays ^^

tsuoi_kaze
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Five days off for Thanksgiving next week.
I'll most likely spend those fighting the buttonhole stitch on my machine DX
And when I'm done with that, studying for the SAT's.....

I really want to make more than one costume for Mega this year, but I'm not sure what to do that I would have time and money for. Most likely Miho from the ParaPara Allstars, if I can.

xerious
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm going, I always go to Megacon XD It was my first con many years ago, so it's special =D

Anyways, the group's trying to go back, and we're crossing Org XIII with the various job classes from Ragnarok Online. There's a list of our costumes in my costume list.

I saw you guys XD. I don't know if you remember, but I was one of two girls wearing an Axel shirt, and I took your picture XD.

xerious
11-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I'll be going as Axel (KH) for two days, and Sora for one! (:. ...Look for the Axel with multiple Roxii >D

fangrl93
11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll be there! anyone wanna come with me?

Sorahana
11-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be there. I'll be in Disney doing to college program so I'll be in FL for 5 months, hurray. It's supposed to be about 15mins from our housing so I shall have to see =D!!

KHs_Sora
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I was thinking of doing the college program! Tell me how it goes : D

SunakoChan
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I've decided to add another costume to my list :D My boyfriend an I have decided to be Ace (him) and Gary (me) the Ambiguously Gay Duo from SNL. >.> I haven't decided on whether or not to wear a jock strap. It'll be interesting to be a guy for a weekend.

Dark_Acolyte
11-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll be there. I know that at least one day where my fiancee and I will be crack/crossover pairing- she's going to be Jesse( Pokemon) and I'm going as Dante (Devil May Cry)- and we'll also be going as Alucard and Integra from Hellsing. See you guys there!

UchihaGirl
11-27-2007, 01:35 AM
I MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be there. I'll be in Disney doing to college program so I'll be in FL for 5 months, hurray. It's supposed to be about 15mins from our housing so I shall have to see =D!!

First, congrats on becoming a CP - it's a good experience. I'm still there at the Mouse Kingdom, working the Emporium. But I live a bit closer to the OCCC...in fact, I am looking at it right this second.

So...safe to say I will be going. I would offer room space but it's all rented out.

I'll be going as Lei-Lei from Darkstalkers with my group. Also trying to get Arita Forland done in time. It'll be close. See you guys there!

Spookloops
11-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Dunno yet what I'm bringing since I'm focusing on Celes pretty hardcore right now. Might trot out Bird of Paradise again on Friday or Sunday since I only got to wear it twice (briefly) this year, but I would like to bring something else new.

Tsuyosa
12-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll need one of yall to come beat me over the head if i don't make it to MegaCon 08!

Lucifer
12-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm thinking about pulling together a H E R O E S group for Megacon, if anyone was interested?

Prota-Girl
12-03-2007, 10:29 AM
I`m Going to try to be BATMAn BEYOND! ^^ I am going to try to start it this month and work my way up. ^^ OH I`m so exited!

shredsofsanity0
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Does anyone feel like going OLD-SCHOOL and making a Fist of the North Star group? I have found the perfect Ken outfit that I just need to make several alterctions to and I need to make the armor shoulder plates as well. I would love to have a Bart and Lin as well if anyone is up to it. And I'm hoping for a Shin and Raoh as well for villain purposes!

fightstar
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone feel like going OLD-SCHOOL and making a Fist of the North Star group? I have found the perfect Ken outfit that I just need to make several alterctions to and I need to make the armor shoulder plates as well. I would love to have a Bart and Lin as well if anyone is up to it. And I'm hoping for a Shin and Raoh as well for villain purposes!

Did someone say 'Hokuto no Ken'. aka 'Fist of the North Star ??? I'm down!! I just don't think I am big enough to pull off a Raoh. I am tan enough and I do workout (Thank you Spartans!). Thinking of a Toki at some point, but still need to get that one off the group.

Shoulder armor isn't to hard to pull off. Themoform some sintra or plactic or just grab a 10 gallon empty paint bucket and cut out the shape you need. Hot glue some craft foam for some thickness, seal the foam with guesso and prime the plastic. Paint that and mount with velcro or snaps. Thats a brief run down, but there are some links and resources around here that can help.

Can you tell I am excited about this?! :D

shredsofsanity0
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Did someone say 'Hokuto no Ken'. aka 'Fist of the North Star ??? I'm down!! I just don't think I am big enough to pull off a Raoh. I am tan enough and I do workout (Thank you Spartans!). Thinking of a Toki at some point, but still need to get that one off the group.

Shoulder armor isn't to hard to pull off. Themoform some sintra or plactic or just grab a 10 gallon empty paint bucket and cut out the shape you need. Hot glue some craft foam for some thickness, seal the foam with guesso and prime the plastic. Paint that and mount with velcro or snaps. Thats a brief run down, but there are some links and resources around here that can help.

Can you tell I am excited about this?! :D

Thanks for the tips. The main reason why we need to do this is because I NEVER see any Hokuto cosplays at all and it is very dissapointing.

fightstar
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
HERE HERE!! Not to many folks ever cosplay this. Yet, if you ask them they will tell you they have seen the movie.

Now, pulling of Raoh is going to be a challenge, armor wise. I'm not even talking about the helmet either. Should armor is a little funky, but the knee pads pull everything together. Oh the hell with it I'll try some plastic, cardboard, hotglue and some fiber glass(if I can get some) and see what happens.

I have been beating around the bush on this one, but you only live once.

shredsofsanity0
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Getting a Lin shouldn't be too hard since her outfit doesn't require a whole lot.

Also this is the jacket I plan on using http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Leather-Jackets/Classic-Mens-TOP-GRADE-Biker-Motorcycle-Jacket/40176.html. I just need to cut the sleeves then sew afterwards. Also this same site also has a nice cheap pair of leather pants as well that I will be using.

NiGHTmaren
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Costume plans have changed a bit, I'll be wearing Pit from Super Smash Brothers Brawl and am very excited about MegaCon! It's the con that kicks off the season with a bang and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's costumes!

SunakoChan
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Ambiguously Gay Duo costumes for my bf an I will be complete soon :D

Korinchan
12-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Ambiguously Gay Duo costumes for my bf an I will be complete soon :D

...seriously? I can't wait to see this!

So full of awesome.

SunakoChan
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
...seriously? I can't wait to see this!

So full of awesome.

lol yep ^-^

We might actually do a safety session lol. Glad someone likes the idea! :bigtu:

Luannita12
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
MEGACON!!! MEGACON!!!! =DD! I'm sooo going and I can't wait! My first con here in the US/new life in FL!!! For cosplay, all I got so far is for Saturday go as Princess Clara from "Drawn Together" ^_^! Gonna work very hard during my off times to be around the sewing labs in school and work on everything! Only got Saturday planned for cosplay since Friday I have morning class and then I'm off on the road and I wanna get dressed up and ready for the Voltaire concert which I'm super psyched about!!! w00t!!!

Anyways just wanted to post and stuff since it's been AGES since I stopped by here ^_^! Also hooray for 100th post =P

Mac109
12-07-2007, 01:33 AM
what should I cosplay as D: went as kyo sohma last year but I really have no idea what Ill do this year

Foos
12-08-2007, 02:27 AM
XD Now that regular con season is over, now we all get to look forward to Megacon. I'll be getting a room at the adjoining Rosen Centre hotel along with a bunch of friends so we won't have to trek far for costume changes. My two main costumes are still going to be Hokuto from Tokyo Babylon and Yoshitsune from Genji: Dawn the of Samurai. I've got a few more silly, low-key ones planned as well.

For all the folks over +21, may sobriety be defeated once and for all.

kimiko_yuki
12-10-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm definately going. Probably bring Shiva and Lulu for me and my sister. see you guys there!

nirebelldandy
12-11-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm definately going. Probably bring Shiva and Lulu for me and my sister. see you guys there!

i can't wait to see your next amazing costumes! lol i don't have the body for a shiva or a lulu even though i love their costumes, i'd never do them.

nirebelldandy
12-11-2007, 01:35 AM
XD Now that regular con season is over, now we all get to look forward to Megacon. I'll be getting a room at the adjoining Rosen Centre hotel along with a bunch of friends so we won't have to trek far for costume changes. My two main costumes are still going to be Hokuto from Tokyo Babylon and Yoshitsune from Genji: Dawn the of Samurai. I've got a few more silly, low-key ones planned as well.

For all the folks over +21, may sobriety be defeated once and for all.

i'm sure our drunkenness will astound others......may joseph's fine wine and spirits be on the lookout haha. i'm excited for megacon and the awesomeness that we have planned!

~otaku-hime~
12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Spades-Ace and I are doing a .hack//G.U group and I'm going as Sakubo (bo)

Foos
12-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Spades-Ace and I are doing a .hack//G.U group and I'm going as Saku(bo)

Sweet. Mega always has the best video game costumes. Also, love the avatar!

~otaku-hime~
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Sweet. Mega always has the best video game costumes. Also, love the avatar!

Thanks! For the group we have a haseo,Alkaid and Sirius.We have some more people so possibly about 4-8 for our group

Spookloops
12-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Yay, progress on Celes, hoping to finish beading part one tomorrow (WHEW!!!!) But I'm getting caught in a dilemma. :/ Ah well. I'm definitely stoked about Mega no matter what though!

tsuoi_kaze
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
The boots I have for Aeris are too tall. I'm wondering if I could cut and hem he top part so that they're shorter...

It sounds just crazy enough to work.

And they're lined with fluffy furry stuff. XD I might have to cut some of that out.

*Goes to study for the week of midterms*

nirebelldandy
12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
The boots I have for Aeris are too tall. I'm wondering if I could cut and hem he top part so that they're shorter...

It sounds just crazy enough to work.

And they're lined with fluffy furry stuff. XD I might have to cut some of that out.

*Goes to study for the week of midterms*
if there's no zipper, then definitely. just hack it off and turn down for a decent hem...just beware it's not too thick if there's fluffy stuff inside cause sewing machines eat them...*gives sewing machine evil looks...*

NiGHTmaren
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I will possibly be in the G.U. group as Atoli, finally an excuse to cosplay as her!

DustOnMYWings
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll be going, I went last year (wasn't planning on it, I was there with my sis and brother in law for a card game... thingy) but this year I'm going and hopefully my Dark Link cosplay will be finished and I will have gotten the hang of the crazy make up!
At least this con isn't a two-plus hour drive for me ^_^ happy!

shredsofsanity0
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Captain Falcon is a lot cheaper and not as time consuming as I thought than Glitch would've been. Pink/White Captain Falcon will be at Megacon! ^_^

~otaku-hime~
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I will possibly be in the G.U. group as Atoli, finally an excuse to cosplay as her!
That'd be sooooo cool!

SiriusLoveGirl
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I MIGHT MIGHT (HUGE might) go. :D I really want to, since according to the site, Adrian Pasdar is gonna be there! I absolutely love him, so I want to go very badly.

tbell
12-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I will be going as Princess Peach in a large group of Suepr Smash Bros. Brawl characters.

KHs_Sora
12-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Can I join your .hack group?

I have Azure Kite

ShiNo_Usagi
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
My plans are constantly changing X3 A few of my friends really want me to cosplay as Schrodinger so if not Friday then maybe Saturday night I will try and be in that costume.... I do have to remake some of it so that's what's holding me back on weather I will wear it or not.
As for Saturday plans, my group kind of flopped. I will be in my Plug Suit and hopefully have my Misato with me.
I'm hoping that I'm not the only Hellsing and NGE cosplayer. But I know I'll be the only Strike Witches cosplayer since it's an odd anime that no one's probably heard of =P

3 months to work x.x;

nessabutterfly
12-21-2007, 02:18 AM
Well, costumes are getting swapped around, but I'll still be showing off my Strawberry Shortcake costume as well as my Riku from DN Angel (gonna wear that when I get Vic to sign the DVD I forgot last year...opps!).
Super Sailor Moon is being swapped out for something from Rozen Maiden though. Something very different from my usual.

Prota-Girl
12-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok ok...I can`t go as batman beyond for not being able to sew reasons, so I`ll be Female Altair as my brother will be Altair all together. XD We`ll be the perfect Sibling cosplay

Squall_009
12-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm Planning on going as either Duo Maxwell as a New Republic Jedi or just a new republic jedi. Hopefully by Megacon 2009 i'll have made my second robe and costume. For now I have to use the one that I have had since I was 13- I'm now 18 almost- no matter how weird it fits. My grandmother helped me make it when I could not sew well...now I'm a cosplay wiz XD. Anyways look for a Padawan with a toy sabre ( the other thing I must make)

Vinsu-kun
12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
going with several of my friends as bleach characters. i'll be going as hitsugaya toushiro, see ya guys at megacon!

Prota-Girl
12-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Heyas!
My Bro and i are being Altair from Assassin`s Creed! Gambit will be there as the coolest Altair of them ALL, we`re planning to do a little Assassins Creed Photo shoot. If anyone wants pics of us, I`ll let ya all in on the info asap.

tsuoi_kaze
12-25-2007, 12:03 PM
So it turns out that I'm actually making Miho in addition to Aeris...
*shrugs* It won't cause too much more work.

moonfall
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm planning to be there, but what time depends on my class schedule. (Last semester I skipped a class to go to AWA and missed a pop quiz.) I'm planning on wearing my Rose Bride Utena and Soren costumes, but Tear might have to wait until my hair grows longer. I might make another costume, possibly from Guilty Gear depending on what my friends are doing.

Does the SSBB group have an Ike? One of my friends was talking about making an Ike costume.

Cry4Eternity
12-25-2007, 11:20 PM
:
My Bro and i are being Altair from Assassin`s Creed! Gambit will be there as the coolest Altair of them ALL, we`re planning to do a little Assassins Creed Photo shoot. If anyone wants pics of us, I`ll let ya all in on the info asap.

I will be there all three days,and i will look for the creed and get a shoot of you guys:reverse:

Chiefy
12-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Oops I forgot to post in here. xD Im going as Lin-Lin from Darkstalkers for a big group. ^_^

SunakoChan
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
My ambiguously gay duo costumes are still in progress >.> oh well, I still have plenty of time.

Prota-Girl
12-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I will be there all three days,and i will look for the creed and get a shoot of you guys:reverse:

Ah! yes! ^^ Who do you plan to be?
So I may find you

gothic tears
12-26-2007, 10:04 PM
*randomly joins in late...-ish*

I'm going to MegaCon, it'll be my second year there.
I'll be cosplaying Riku in Org.13 coat, with my Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2.
And I should be with my popular Org.13 group. Random Con on YouTube.
And maybe a few extra school friends that'll be not cosplaying :(
Yesh...so....
I'm going Sat. and Sun. And will have a hotel room.
Me and my Sora get there first thing it in the morning as soon as it opens. No lines! :D

Cry4Eternity
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Ah! yes! ^^ Who do you plan to be?
So I may find you

Look for general grievous or ebisu,i may probally be in the hall way trying to get into the dealer room,do to the countless amounts of people storming me,it happend when i went as chewbacca

Prota-Girl
12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
o.o *salutes* it`ll be an honor to meet you!

AshleyV
12-26-2007, 11:04 PM
If I do not have to work that weekend or if I am off one of the days I am going to try and make it to MegaCon. The last one I went to was in 2004 when I was on the Disney College Program.

Prota-Girl
12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
COME!!!! 0.0 or i will bug you on the internet till you do so.
*poke*

Cry4Eternity
12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
i would defenetly call in or maby even quit but thats just me.I live for this stuff

AshleyV
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
COME!!!! 0.0 or i will bug you on the internet till you do so.
*poke*

I will try my best but work has to come first for me. The joys of being an adult; however, I will try and ask off for at least the Saturday of but it just really depends on how busy we are. March is the begining of one of the really busy times at Walt Disney World and as a Character Performer there is no telling how many hours I'll have to work.

Kynamight=My job is too much fun to quit plus it was quite hard to get into the role I currently am I.

Chiefy
12-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I need to figure out what else to cosplay during the weekend. Maybe bust out Katamari again? xD

Cry4Eternity
12-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I will try my best but work has to come first for me. The joys of being an adult; however, I will try and ask off for at least the Saturday of but it just really depends on how busy we are. March is the begining of one of the really busy times at Walt Disney World and as a Character Performer there is no telling how many hours I'll have to work.

Kynamight=My job is too much fun to quit plus it was quite hard to get into the role I currently am I.

Well if id work at disney that would be different,but i work at wal-mart and there's no fun there.But still hope youll be there

fangrl93
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Where do you live? I would be coming from Jacksonville, I know it's a short drive from there (not many stops) but if you are in the path I would be more than willing to give you a ride.

I live in Jacksonville

Leenus
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah, there is a possibility that I will be going two days, means so many choices.

Can't wait, so lets see if this thread picks up a lil. To everyone I can't wait to see the costumes I saw that everyone listed.

scandia
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Well I hope to make it this year. So far there seem to be no work conflicts.

If I do, I will probably be wearing Sara Trantoul from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

TheStickMaster
12-30-2007, 03:11 AM
I live in Jacksonville

J-ville here too! ... you know I've seen quite a few Jacksonville cosplayers on here and yet we don't have any cosplay or anime meet-up groups in town that i know of...whats that about?

Spookloops
12-31-2007, 02:57 AM
Still working on Celes, but I think I'm closer to finishing than I thought. I hope, I hope, I hope... would like to have something else to wear to the con, but work's sending me out of town for half of January, so I won't have time to make something I don't think. We'll see....

Could drag out Bird of Paradise again, but the wings need work, however there's space for the King of All Cosmos withough me having to worry about clotheslining people with my four foot head... Hmmm....

tsuoi_kaze
01-01-2008, 12:40 AM
I'll be spending all of my time this week working on cosplays. I still need fabric for Miho's top, though. I have the black vinyl, just not the white fabric.

chris-chan
01-01-2008, 12:46 AM
i should be there. and i should be dressed as zexion one day, maybe haruhi fujioka another day (if i make the costume) and seeing as how i might miss school on a friday for the con, i might come up with something. if i dont skip school, then nothing.

missind33
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
I might go to Megacon! Yay! (But I am not sure what I will go as). I was browsing the internet and on Funimation's official site http://funimation.com/ they said they are going to Megacon. But on Megacon's official website http://www.megaconvention.com/default.asp , I see nothing about that. But now I am completly confused. (Unless I am wrong about something...)

Cry4Eternity
01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't think it has to say that

Frostmourne
01-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I have to finish my cosplays up for Megacon, which really just means I need to tie up some details and style the wig I recieve for Eruru. I also have to finish a Shadow and Link cosplay for my husband as well as help a friend make a X the Eliminator (from Harvey Birdman) costume. So...got a few things to do, lol, but I should be done in time for Mega.

chris-chan
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
i have to finish my second costume, but i just got some of the fabric for it today, and ill get the liner and zipper next week, cause thats when my coupons are good for. (and dont say coupons dont help, i spent $30 on fabric today, then used my coupon on it and it came down to about $18. big savings, mostly when youre poor) and for those of you who dont know, joanns has 50% off a single item coupons (if you buy more than a yard of fabric, it counts for all the fabric, just not one tyard. or so it did for my 40% off one) for next week and weekend, one for each. so stop by and pick some up!

Leenus
01-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Okay I finally have my setup for Megacon: (in no specific order)
Edward Elric- (FMA)
Jill Valentine- (RE Video Games)
Duo Maxwell- (GW)

I still have quite a bit of work to do but thankfully not to much.

I noticed this thread is a lot more quiet than last years was.

chris-chan
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
i guess its quiet cause most people want people to be surprised when they show up in their cosplays. or, it could be because not as many people are going. i hope its not the later.

Prota-Girl
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, if no one knows, I was Going to do Female Altair, but Instead, I`m doing Anti-Altair, the Opiset of Altair, I drew a pic of her to give everyone what I have in mind, I got the skirt done and stuff, I`m going to work on the fabrics this month and then the bells and whistles next month. I`m really really ecited about this one! ^^ MY Brother will be Normal Altair and my Friend, Gambit86 is going to be Altair as well, we`ll be hanging out here and there so you all may know that I`ll be the Altair in a black hood. And I`m gettin more pics up as I go along, be patient.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=99386&member=56213

chris-chan
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
looks good. cant wait to see it at megacon. which days are you going? im only gonna be able to go saturday and sunday cause of school. sorry guys, but schools more important than a con.

Prota-Girl
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Just Sat, I may go Sunday, but I`m unsure how. o.0;
And heres a piccy of what I`m aiming for, http://prota-girl.deviantart.com/art/Everyone-has-a-dark-side-74060771
I pan to draw a better one soon.

Violinist_Akina
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
:3 I'll definatly be at megacon chyah. This will be my second time going :D

Cry4Eternity
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Just Sat, I may go Sunday, but I`m unsure how. o.0;
And heres a piccy of what I`m aiming for, http://prota-girl.deviantart.com/art/Everyone-has-a-dark-side-74060771
I pan to draw a better one soon.

That looks wiked awsome,if i see you i will have to ask you how you learned to draw like that,cause my drawing is a bit rusty.Nice work on the costume though

Chiefy
01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
My main cosplay right now if Lin-Lin for the Darkstalkers group im joining other then that im really still not sure about what im going as >.>

Prota-Girl
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
That looks wiked awsome,if i see you i will have to ask you how you learned to draw like that,cause my drawing is a bit rusty.Nice work on the costume though

Thank you very much!
Just lots of practice and visuwal.
I started drawing anime around 2003 and I have a goal to where I draw 4-5 pics a week. It keeps me going. ^^ Its fun to do when your bored.
I came up with Anti-Alrait after coloring in the cloak once and I was like "Anti-Altair!" So now its my new cosplay. xD
I hope some people will guess who I am, once I`m next to my brother. ^^;

Cry4Eternity
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Yea but i thought at first you where making the altair costume the same as it is.But the hole black thing sounds like its going to be very interesting and cant wait to see it

Prota-Girl
01-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I was at first then it just grew to Black. xD
Thankies very much. I can`t wait to see it either!

SunakoChan
01-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Yey!! I'm almost done with my Ambiguously gay duo costumes muahahaha :D

Lucifer
01-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll be going one day with my boyfriend. My costume will be Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter: OotP) and my boyfriend will be the 10th Doctor (Doctor Who).

chris-chan
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
that bellastrix one sounds interesting.

and that does look good prota-girl. i cant draw at all, unless its a design for a car i have, then i can only draw side views.

and i have some good news and some bad news. the bad news is, i wont have my car with me *cries dramatically* the good news is my dad might be coming! since spring break is the week of the convention, my family decided that wed all go to orlando for the weekend so i can go to the convention, so theyll be paing for my room, and if my dad can get off of work, hell be there, and he loves anime conventions. he goes crazy over the costumes and loves the panels.

Prota-Girl
01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh Thats cool! I can`t wait to meet you both now. xD And thank you! :HUG:

Vinsu-kun
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
it really looks like there'll be a really good turn out this year. the countdown has definetely begun ^^, can't wait!

Cry4Eternity
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I'll be going one day with my boyfriend. My costume will be Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter: OotP) and my boyfriend will be the 10th Doctor (Doctor Who).

I want to see that.Hay i noticed your going to fx im going as well on saturday and sunday,will you be dressed as bellatrix?I will probally be cosplaying kiba.

Lucifer
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I want to see that.Hay i noticed your going to fx im going as well on saturday and sunday,will you be dressed as bellatrix?I will probally be cosplaying kiba.

Yep, I'll be at FX-show both Saturday and Sunday (have to get my share of autographs and what not). I'll be wearing Bellatrix on Saturday. I'll be sure to say hi if I see you :D

chris-chan
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
no problem prota-girl.

and it turns out school is cancelled on friday the seventh, for the whole school, so ill see if i can get there for majority of friday. and yeah, the countdown has definately begun. just under two months!

tsuoi_kaze
01-11-2008, 04:38 PM
;___; Plans about how many days I can attend might change soon.

(I already ranted about it in the peeves thread, so I don't feel like re-typing it all)

Cry4Eternity
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Yep, I'll be at FX-show both Saturday and Sunday (have to get my share of autographs and what not). I'll be wearing Bellatrix on Saturday. I'll be sure to say hi if I see you :D

Heck ya im going sraight for ray park and the super girl section:rockon:
and i will be shure to find you.i let you no who i will be cosplaying sometime next week

moonfall
01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Stupid classes...I don't know if I can get there on Friday. I could always skip, but I ran into trouble last time I cut class to go to a convention. It's right before spring break, so there's always the possibility they'll be cancelled.

Sintakz
01-12-2008, 03:43 AM
I'll be going to Megacon not sure how many days though. I wanna get my Vivi costume done by then but I doubt it. I gotta put it in high gear and get it all together.

Cry4Eternity
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
im quivering with excitment

TotalHyperNinja
01-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't wait!! Megacon will be my first big con. Im proably going on saturday and sunday. Im also joining the costume contest and may join the amv contest. I'll be going as Haseo from .Hack//roots and Jam from Guilty gear.
My other buddies are also doing a guilty gear cosplay. Mostly the reason Im doing Jam. One is going as A.B.A and the other Bridget. Im still figuring out what my other friend can go as. Were pretty much making a small GG group. If anyone wants to join that would be cool. :]
So can't wait!!! :D

Kitsune
01-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I suppose it's high time I actually posted in here. :3

I'm (very hopefully) going all three days this time around. I'm very excited! I think I have my final three costumes planned, but I'm not sure yet when I'm wearing each. I'll have Mikoto Suo for a School Rumble group (I really need to watch the series at some point...), an EverQuest II Fae (still deciding on what combination of hair, wings, skin, and armor I'm going for) and, what I look forward to most, Gambit (in the outfit he wears during his 2004 mini-series, similar to the one in some slightly older X-Men). I was going to hold off a year but my mom sent me money for Christmas with the condition that I use part of it for my Gambit contacts. I'm still a bit apprehensive about trying to crossplay someone so manly when I haven't got crossplaying down, but hey, I have to give it a shot some time!

I'm hoping to have a Rogue (in the outfit she's seen briefly in in the above mini-series) and maybe a Cyclops with me. I might also bring along Charlie for some photos and maybe Daniel if my friends drag out other Sandman costumes.

Sometimes I hate college, but at least I have Fridays off so I can get there bright and early Friday. :3

Frostmourne
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
An Everquest 2 Fae! Omg that's awesome, I can't wait to see it!
I have a half elf troubador on everquest 2.^^

Kitsune
01-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Seriously? Man, it's so hard to find EQers anymore! I currently play two Wood Elf rangers, a Ratonga brigand, and a Ratonga swashbuckler, and I'm rolling up a Fae swashbuckler soon. XD Granted, I have little time for the game and just came back after a year-long absense, so my levels are... really low.

My friend is also likely coming as a High Elf Swashbuckler. I corrupted her to the Scout side of life. :3

Frostmourne
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Played EQ1 then switched to EQ2. I've always wanted to cosplay one of the gods of Everquest and walk around with a targeting sign over my head. Though my husband thinks I'm silly, which I am. XD

TheMask3dPenguin
01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, at least I got you playing Ragnarok in return, Kitsune XD I was planning on finishing my high wizard for Megacon, but now she's got me talked into doing my EQ high elf, so I might wait till a convention later this year. Otherwise... working on Akira Takano for our School Rumble group, hopefully Rogue to go with Kitsune's Gambit, and possibly Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. We'll see how things turn out money- and time-wise >< XD Otherwise, I'm excited to go to Megacon for the first time! Woo hoo!!

Leenus
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Gambit (in the outfit he wears during his 2004 mini-series, similar to the one in some slightly older X-Men). I was going to hold off a year but my mom sent me money for Christmas with the condition that I use part of it for my Gambit contacts. I'm still a bit apprehensive about trying to crossplay someone so manly when I haven't got crossplaying down, but hey, I have to give it a shot some time!

I'm hoping to have a Rogue (in the outfit she's seen briefly in in the above mini-series) and maybe a Cyclops with me. I might also bring along Charlie for some photos and maybe Daniel if my friends drag out other Sandman costumes.

Wow a Gambit cosplay I never seen a GB cosplay before a female one at that.
which day do you plan on wearing it?

Seras Victoria is all set for Saturday complete with Hcanon if I can complete it in time, and Edward Elric complete with Alphonse Armor if the person I comissioned can get it done in time.

DustOnMYWings
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm going, this will be my third con and first time really cosplaying, I'm going as Demyx ^_^

chris-chan
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
wow, seems like there are going to be a lot of people showing up. cant wait! only a month and a half left!

BrokenWings
01-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Ahh, I can't wait for Megacon ^_^ it seems like it's going to be alot of fun. It'll be my first time going but it's my sixth convention. I'll be cosplaying as Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club and Pein/Leader of the Akatsuki from Naruto.

nessabutterfly
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm getting so excited for Megacon! I'm almost done Suigintou' s underdress (Rozen maiden), and am starting on the overskirt.

I have the fabric for my sister's Raspberry Tart, so I've gotta get going with that so that Strawberry Shortcake will have some company. And her Risa needs to get some attention too so Riku isn't twinless (DN.Angel). Yay for having family to instantly fill in gaps with other characters.

I've got a sewing group meeting every wednesday now so hopefully it'll keep me on track since I have 10 costumes to make before August!!

Kitsune
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
beatrix -- Ah, I played the original EQ, too. XD I was even worse at leveling then... but I was also twelve when it first came out and just played on my father's account and liked protecting newbies more than leveling. Ah, the stories that come from these games.

The god cosplay would be awesome. XD

Ispher -- I'm not actually sure when I'm wearing any of these costumes yet; it will probably depend on when the others in the School Rumble group want to do said group. I might wear Gambit for part of the day after I change out of my Suo costume, and I'll definitely wear him for a full day another day.

That being said, I'm going to need to remind myself constantly to actually take care of my eyes properly. Nothing bad has happened yet (*knocks on a ton of wood*) but Megacon I'm looking at two to two and a half days of wearing sclera contacts for costumes. I'm bringing a gallon of eye drops. <_<

Chiefy
01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Yay added another costume for Mega. I cant believe its getting so close now >.>

*Kai*
01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Yay added another costume for Mega. I cant believe its getting so close now >.>

Are you and Spooks going all three days?? ^_^

Spookloops
01-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Are you and Spooks going all three days?? ^_^

Yes, we are! :rockon:

Kitsune
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Maybe I'll actually run into you guys this time! Well, more than twice at least. XD

Pantsu_chan
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
It's official....I'm coming to Mega! And on Saturday with a big group I'll be big....and blue....and naked.... Okay, well not REALLY naked, but definitely BLUE. XD

OMG time to work....3 costumes to make!

Cry4Eternity
01-16-2008, 10:03 PM
i hope to see everyone,il be there all three days and will be cosplaying general grivous and kiba

Mezimomo
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
oh, I wanna go so bad :O . I most likely have a place to stay and all, but I dont have a ride :( . I am in Miami and its a 4 hour drive and no one I know wants to drive me there lol.

also, I am still thinking of costume ideas... my favorite ideas are either May from Guilty Gear or Quistis from final fantasy 8 as for video game characters.I also am thinking of trying Robin from Witch Hunter Robin or Mimiru from .hack//sign or maybe even Subaru from that show :)

so now is my planning time and I hope I can make it ^_^ . I would luv to join in a group if anyone wants me. it might make things alot easier lol... I'm such a newb at cosplay :p

so yea, maybe if anyone wants to chat with me about possible group openings or further help with costume, u can IM me on aim :) sn = m3playa55

TheMask3dPenguin
01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Good thing I bought eyedrops in case you forget them, ChibiKitsune XD

chris-chan
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm getting so excited for Megacon! I'm almost done Suigintou' s underdress (Rozen maiden), and am starting on the overskirt.

rozen maiden cosplay! the series has been out for af few years now, but only recently have people been cosplaying it and watching it. i still want to do a sousei seki sometime this year though, and a jun with shinku doll.

and i wear contacts, so chances are ill have a bottle of solution if you need some. better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.

errantnight
01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry for the completely random and largely off-topic question...

but how big is MegaCon, in terms of number of attendees?

I gather "big" but haven't found any discussion about this (maybe I just suck at looking?)... any clue(s), anyone?

Gracias

Cry4Eternity
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
well i cant really say,but i no this year will be more attendees.i think last year was 4 to 500 guest

Kitsune
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Much, much, much more than that. XD It's such a huge area, though, so sometimes it seems like there's fewer people.

If I got my numbers straight, they were estimating 22,000 attendees in 2006 (can't find /any/ numbers for 2007, though the estimations were at 20,000 in 2004). It's definitely not a small con. :3

And thanks to those offering eyedrops up already. XD Knowing my luck, I'll forget mine. >_> I'm actually having some difficulty with buying my current pair, though, and the current worst-case-but-possible scenario is me being out 300 dollars with no contacts to show for it. =/ Here's hoping things work out, but I'll still be bringing my all-black sclera for certain.

Wolverine
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorry for the completely random and largely off-topic question...

But how big is MegaCon, in terms of number of attendees?

I gather "big" but haven't found any discussion about this (Maybe I just suck at looking?)... any clue(s), anyone?

Gracias.Regarding the # of MegaCon ppl attending the event (whether they're pre-registered or just buy their tickets "at the door"), it's probably between 26,000 to 30,000, I think. I guess it's kinda equal to the # of attendees going to Dragon*Con, in Atlanta, GA, and/or the number of attendees attending Otakon in Baltimore, MD plus or minus several thousands. (Please Note: Otakon has had to implement a maximum attendee number count allowed in the convention building (only for 2005 & 2006, though) due to the fact that the BCC (http://www.bccenter.org/gallery/index.html) cannot "safely" hold more than 27,000 ppl in it at one time, & so it got limited in how many con-goers could actually go to the event and thus hindered its attendee growth in the following couple of years. However, the attendee limit was lifted in 2007.)

errantnight
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot guys...

Appreciated!

Looking forward to it.

Cry4Eternity
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Much, much, much more than that. XD It's such a huge area, though, so sometimes it seems like there's fewer people.

If I got my numbers straight, they were estimating 22,000 attendees in 2006 (can't find /any/ numbers for 2007, though the estimations were at 20,000 in 2004). It's definitely not a small con. :3

And thanks to those offering eyedrops up already. XD Knowing my luck, I'll forget mine. >_> I'm actually having some difficulty with buying my current pair, though, and the current worst-case-but-possible scenario is me being out 300 dollars with no contacts to show for it. =/ Here's hoping things work out, but I'll still be bringing my all-black sclera for certain.

yea that makes sence

*Kai*
01-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Yes, we are! :rockon:

Awesome awesome!!!! I'll be up there on Thursday to help a friend's booth set up but I'm really looking forward to Saturday!!! I can't wait to show off the new big project Val and I have been working on!!! Hehe

Spookloops
01-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Awesome awesome!!!! I'll be up there on Thursday to help a friend's booth set up but I'm really looking forward to Saturday!!! I can't wait to show off the new big project Val and I have been working on!!! Hehe

Lemme know if youse guys need a place to stay! :toothy:

Chiefy
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM
@Otakukitten: Are you going as a white mage to Mega? Im going as a White Mage to Mega Sunday.lol

tsuoi_kaze
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Turns out I can only go for one day after all. >.< I really wish I could stay longer!

missind33
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
This year is the first Megacon I have ever went to, so I am very excited. I bought tickets before Christmas, but I received no email of vertification...I hope I didn't mess up on anything...

Yeah, my friends and I have decided to meet eachother there, I don't know how that'll turn out though. Right now, I am determined to get Kaitou Kid done by Megacon. I think I'll get done by then though. I know I will be there Saturday, but Friday is a school day so I am not sure....and Sunday...well I don't know. But I know I'll have loads of fun at Megacon!

Spookloops
01-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Turns out I can only go for one day after all. >.< I really wish I could stay longer!

Oh! I didn't realise you were coming! I wanted to make you a present, but I don't think I'll have it done in time for Mega. :/

chris-chan
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
hopefully ill be there for al three days. turns out schools cancelled on the seventh (god bless mindless reasons to cancel school so students get a longer spring break. god i love college!) so i should be there sometime in the afternoon and be able to spend some time, but i will definately be there on saturday and sunday, now i just got to deposit a check into my bank account and buy my ticket.

Leenus
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm still hoping to move my schedule a bit so I can go all three days, if not two then I'll just be there Saturday. Heres to hoping.

Neko_Kaolla
01-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I'll be there! Giselle on Friday, Rikku (Festival Goer) on Saturday, and Kula on Sunday *crosses fingers* for a gathering!! EXCITED!

ShiNo_Usagi
01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Once again... plans changed... kind of. I may or may not have my plug suit =( But if I don't I will hopefully have this new cosplay completed to wear Saturday if that is the case. I also have some other stuff I am working on to finish it time in case of plans falling through on stuff.

*Kai*
01-22-2008, 12:35 PM
@Otakukitten: Are you going as a white mage to Mega? Im going as a White Mage to Mega Sunday.lol

LMAO, yes and on the same day. Val is going to be a Red Mage and we might have Black Mage and Blackbelt. ((If you haven't guess what FF we're doing yet....)) It's a spoof but it's so made of win. We all need pics together!

Kitsune
01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
So, I think I might have a (yet very tentative) schedule of costume plans...

Friday - Gambit
Saturday - Mikoto Suo (School Rumble), possibly Gambit for the evening
Sunday - Fae Swashbuckler (EverQuest II)

I have almost decided on the armor for my Fae. Almost. I should decide soon so I can make it. <_<

Kakashi_Ninja90
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Im goin' :D Sweeney todd, Vincent Valentine, Zack Fair, Maybe a few more.
but im going to have my own barber wheelchair around, Modified to look from the movie. XD if i finish it, it may go fully back >_> and it'll say shaves for 3$. -nodnod- So look for the Ms.lovett carting around meat pies and a barber chair ^_^

ArcaneKani
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Mmmm... Megacon goodness.

Chiefy
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
LMAO, yes and on the same day. Val is going to be a Red Mage and we might have Black Mage and Blackbelt. ((If you haven't guess what FF we're doing yet....)) It's a spoof but it's so made of win. We all need pics together!

Omg saweet! Yes pictures must be taken!

NiGHTmaren
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Final schedule!

Saturday - Lilith from Darkstalkers
Sunday - Pitt from Super Smash Brothers Brawl

My boyfriend will be Cloud from FFVII (not Advent Children, the original game) on at least Sunday, but might be wearing it Saturday as well. :D

TheMask3dPenguin
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying anything's final until the Friday of the con >> But for now, looking at maybe:

Friday- Rogue
Saturday- Akira Takano (School Rumble)
Sunday- High Elf Swashbuckler (Everquest II)?

I'm still trying to fit Osaka in there, gonna postpone Ragnarok till a later con so I have more detail time. And I just saw the KoF thread, makes me wanna do Blue Mary. XD

Oh! And anyone know if Mega is a good place for winged costumes? >> I was considering bringing my Firey along instead of something else, but who knows if I will. Figured I'd ask though XD

soradesu
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't think I have a choice! XD

But even if I did, I would still choose to go to this one. <3

~otaku-hime~
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Final schedule!

Saturday - Lilith from Darkstalkers
Sunday - Pitt from Super Smash Brothers Brawl

My boyfriend will be Cloud from FFVII (not Advent Children, the original game) on at least Sunday, but might be wearing it Saturday as well. :D

are you still being Atoli?

Pantsu_chan
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Tentatively here's what I'll be wearing...this is of course subject to change.

Friday: Seras Victoria (Hellsing anime)
Saturday: Bishamon (Darkstalkers...this is definite)
Sunday: ???? (maybe Kendappa-ou if I have enough $$ to finish her)

Maybe some more costumes...anything in particular you guys would like me to wear? I'm toying with the idea of bringing along my hydrothermal vent costume just for the pure geek factor.....

NiGHTmaren
01-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry but I can't find the time for Atoli. =/ I have to help Chris with his Cloud, and Pitt is proving to be a big workload for me with my limited time.

And I should hope this is a good con for wings (since I have to bear with Lilith's demon wings Saturday and Pitt's 5 foot over-compensating wingspan Sunday), but I will tell you this - do not go in the dealer's room. I know that the concourse is changing this year and I am not sure if that will offer us more space or not, I heard it should though.

Frostmourne
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Tentatively here's what I'll be wearing...this is of course subject to change.

Friday: Seras Victoria (Hellsing anime)
Saturday: Bishamon (Darkstalkers...this is definite)
Sunday: ???? (maybe Kendappa-ou if I have enough $$ to finish her)

Maybe some more costumes...anything in particular you guys would like me to wear? I'm toying with the idea of bringing along my hydrothermal vent costume just for the pure geek factor.....

Yay! I'll have a Seras to hang out with my Integra!! Much <3
Ohhh and I joined that Darkstalkers group as well (if your with manchii,etc)...I'm making Q Bee of Darkstalkers. :D

Chiefy
01-24-2008, 01:11 AM
@Beatrix and Vinyl: Yay our Darkstalkers group is gonna rock xD I should drag you over to my house Beatrix for a sewing workage day. ^_^

Digitallica
01-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Due to Metrocon and AX cosplay expenses, I have to keep it cheap for Megacon.

Most likely, I'll be Mitsuru from Persona 3 for Megacon, and just...chill, otherwise, for once. Haha.

First Megacon I won't be able to participate in any FF related activities. xD Oh well.

Leenus
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Due to expenses Seras victoria Ultimate ver. will be the only one i'll be wearing for megacon, have to keep it cheap with other expenses coming up for Metrocon.

Saturday- Seras Victoria (Ultimate Ver.) My first non crossplay.

ATM i'm only looking to be there for Saturday hopefully that will change come Megacon.

Pantsu_chan
01-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I had to share this with you all....I picked up the latest edition of the Miami Hurricane today (UMiami's student newspaper)....and there in the classifieds was a 1/4 page ad for MEGACON!!!! I just about died....then ran around my department showing it to the other grad students: "See? I'm not making these conventions up!"

Borrowed a hacksaw from the geochemistry lab today.....hopefully it'll cut through my cheapo batting helmet! And OMG now I want to make Bishamon's armor's eyes light up....well, we'll see if that happens.

EDIT: Holy crap that was easier than I thought....
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1389852
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1389853
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1389854

Taisa_Azudragon
01-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm just going to keep it simple at Megacon this year.

Minato Arisato from Persona 3.

If I do plan to do something else, probably a random Bleach char or L from Deathnote.

Sintakz
01-28-2008, 11:41 PM
This'll be my first cosplay and I'm keeping it psuedo-simple. My biggest obstacle is the skates so I'm working on making those first. I'm going as Ikki from Air Gear.

nessabutterfly
01-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm getting there on my costumes. My Rozen Maiden group is almost finished. The twins and HinaIchigo are all done and my SIL's Shinku is about 1/3 finished. My Suigintou is about 1/3 to 1/2 way there. Never do a large amount of buttonhole stitch on an applique!! I spent about 25 hours on those stupid crosses--arg!! Anyway, wig is done, underdress is done, overskirt is almost done. Now it's mostly just the jacket and wings. And all the details. Hurrah.

Anyone else wearing anything from Rozen Maiden and want to join us for pictures on Saturday?

chris-chan
01-29-2008, 09:32 PM
im not doing a rozen maiden this time around, not enough time or money. also, what pattern did you use for your sousei seki? i so badly want to do her, but i dont know which pattern to use. but, maybe later in the year, or next year, ill have a rozen maiden cosplay. still want to do jun with a shinku doll as well.

and sintakz: alright, this is kindave old, and we were trying to make working air treks (no ones come up with anything yet, so i guess thats the main reason why we stopped posting in there) but in there there is instructions on how to make regular human powered AT's from a pair of skates. the link will be a myspace one, and i think it belongs to a kid from here, but it is version two because version one was unstable. anyway, that should help with your AT problem.

Sintakz
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks. I was thinking I'd have to be actually skating around the con as if I was riding normal skates

Spookloops
01-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Still plugging away slowly on my project (damn you, momentarily being stuck in a pickle :p), but I've added two quick cheap costumes to the agenda, one costume so I can have something I won't die in and get a few laughs out of at mega, the other because I kind of need to come up with something for an event this weekend (also useful in the not-dying category).

If both end up non-fail since I'm working on the cheap and on the fly with these, I'll share and bring both to the con. One's a trap and the other's feral, if you want enigmatic hints.

Pantsu_chan
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
^ OMG Spook....you found the mask you needed for what I think you're talking about?! YAY!

Bishamon armor is eating my life/money/apartment....although foamtastic glue is my new best friend.

Spookloops
01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
^ OMG Spook....you found the mask you needed for what I think you're talking about?! YAY!

Bishamon armor is eating my life/money/apartment....although foamtastic glue is my new best friend.

Bird ate my apt. You can see in the background of one of my gallery pics: TT.TT Celes is being well-behaved, but then, I'm not home half the time to work on it. The mask is still pending - need to go to G's house so I can use secure internet. I'm afraid to buy anything on my current mooched connection. I don't anticipate a problem though.

Kitsune
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I got my contacts~! You have no idea how bloody excited this makes me. They came yesterday, but I got in late from school so I couldn't try them on. I finally got a chance to and... GLEE. I love them so much. :3 Not anywhere /near/ as comfortable as my black sclera... but those did "break in" over time, and hopefully these will as well.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/555-Reno/GambitEyes012.jpg

Now I should actually get some work done on the costume. >__> Actually, still have to practice dying techniques... Gambit's hard to get colors for. D: Silly jacket.

In other news, it looks like I'm probably jumping in on another group: Sandman~! I think I'm bringing Morpheus this year, if I can fix up the costume enough. I'm not certain anymore on the fate of the School Rumble group, and the Fae may not happen... so I'm back to square one with my costume schedule. >_>

ShiNo_Usagi
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
A little bummed out. No plug suit for MegaCon. My friend who is handling the armour has become very busy and won't be able to fully work on it until after MegaCon... all we can do on it at the con. is mark the sizes of everything. :: sigh :: I will hopefully have my secret costume and Rocker Asuka. Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to seeing my plug suit. I will be wearing it to Anime Expo though =)

Spookloops
01-30-2008, 10:51 PM
I got my contacts~! You have no idea how bloody excited this makes me. They came yesterday, but I got in late from school so I couldn't try them on. I finally got a chance to and... GLEE. I love them so much. :3 Not anywhere /near/ as comfortable as my black sclera... but those did "break in" over time, and hopefully these will as well.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/555-Reno/GambitEyes012.jpg

Those contacts are SMEX.

Pantsu_chan
01-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Ugh....just did a quick and dirty run on my taxes...still owe the farking gov't $100. (Where they think this money is coming from, I have no idea....my happy butt most likely >.<) No tax-return costume fun for me! (And no PS2 for that matter T_T)

This pretty much puts Kendappa-ou on hold....so now my Sunday is open. Hrm...wonder what I should wear?

SunakoChan
01-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Update on the ambiguously gay duo costumes... I just need to get some masks, and a wig, and um jock straps >.> Now all I'm relying on is the shipping. Need to order that stuff soon or else no Ace and Gary for mega.

Kitsune
02-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Where is all my money going? D: Finally picked up the fabric for Gambit - dropped about 100 dollars on it. Freaking jacket. <_< I've also picked up 15 decks of cards~! So, if anyone wants to play a card game, I should have some cards on me. XD

One month and change left! I need to start actual work on this soon.

Sintakz
02-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Me too haha. I haven't been working on my Ikki costume.

Pantsu_chan
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
For once I feel like I'm actually ahead of schedule, construction-wise, LOL. Although the Superbowl (and beer) is distracting me from cutting out tiny foamy kozane for Bishamon's armor. (new progress pic in my gallery if you're interested)

Korinchan
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
My armor for Rosa is almost finished! Just need to paint and bedazzle it. XP
One month away...I hope I'm not the only one not finished with their cosplays...

nirebelldandy
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
you're not! my contest entry is practically not even started....just a lot of money spent and a few pieces cut out...nothing actually sewn ><

Sintakz
02-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Yea.... I'm kinda lazy. Whats the price for MegaCon this year?

makio
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
For once I feel like I'm actually ahead of schedule, construction-wise, LOL. Although the Superbowl (and beer) is distracting me from cutting out tiny foamy kozane for Bishamon's armor. (new progress pic in my gallery if you're interested)

LoL I'm in the same situation, beer and all. I've got Ryo Sakazaki done for KOF Sunday, the Team Fortress 2 BLU Demoman for Saturday's RED vs BLUE should be done before the week's out... and if time permits, I should have my Friday costume ready just in time for the convention.

Oh, and to answer the question about admission for Megacon:
Pre-registration prices for phone, mail or online ordering
**$52.19 all three days - ($49 plus 6.5% sales tax) Just $16.33 a day
**$22.37 one day admission ($21 plus 6.5% sales tax)
Children 10 an under are FREE with a paid adult.

Deadline for ordering tickets in advance are as follows
To order by mail your envelope must be postmarked by February 15, 2008

To order by phone you must call by 5:00pm, February 22, 2008
(Phones orders will be taken from 9:00am 8:00pm eastern standard time, Monday - Friday)

To order online you must order by 12:00 midnight, Saturday, March 1, 2008
**Please remember tickets are not mailed. You will pick tickets up at the Advance Ticket booth window in front of Hall NB. Please bring photo ID. You can only pick up tickets registered in your name.

Advance ticket window hours:
Friday, March 7th from 8:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday, March 8th from 8:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday, March 9th from 8:00am - 4:30pm

Admission prices at the door:
$55 all three days (this price includes the sales tax) Just $18.33 a day
$24 one day admission (this price includes the sales tax)
Children 10 an under are FREE with a paid adult.

Orange County Convention Center Ticket windows will be open at the following times:
Friday, March 7th from 11:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday, March 8th from 8:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday, March 9th from 9:00am - 4:30pm

Spookloops
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't worry, Temari, I'm not done yet either, and I've been working on this thing since June. TT.TT

In other news, San from Princess Mononoke is definitely a go for Mega. I had too much fun running around in it not to bring it!! Pics in the gallery for anyone that wants to see. I have to tweak a few things, but for the most part whatcha see is whatcha get. :)

My other costume besides San and Celes is still getting worked out, but I should know in a day or two if it's a Trap or not!

NiGHTmaren
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I got done a booty-load of leather work this past weekend for Pitt, which I really needed since I have to put a dent in his construction and be basically done by mid-month. Once I get all my leather paints I should be able to kick it into high gear. :D Still need to start on Lilith, and not hold off til last minute because that would not be good since I'm working with 2-way stretch vinyl for the first time ever...ugh.

TheMask3dPenguin
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I have all my fabric... and no work done >> But I have an excuse, damn school work ><