PDA

View Full Version : Prinny Suit from Disgaea

Cosplay_Kitten
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Well I'm making this costume for a little kid for $50 and I would like some help on it

Here is a picture of how they want it Prinny Suit (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58212528/?qo=4&q=Prinny+Suit&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5)

Any suggestions on a pattern, fabric, or anything?

Thanks in advance

Prinny-Dood
07-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Cotton for fabric! Stuffing in the tail to make it stick out, Dood! Pattern, hm... how about 2 full patterns? One of the Front and one for the back, Dood? If not, how about 3 patterns? One for the blue that shows in front, one for the white stomach and shorts and the last for the blue back part dood? Does that make sense? Or maybe something similar to feetie pajamas...Dood!
I suggest you make some kinda opening in the flippers so they
can kinda take them off partly so they can free their hands so they can eat and stuff, Dood! ^^

BKitten
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
just tossing in a few for the brainstorm..

Make sure it is "kid friendly"..
Ie: "i have to go to the bathroom NOW!!", "How am i supposed to eat?", "i'm HOT!", ::drops ketchup globs on costume::... "Uh oh"..., "this itches!"

I'm thinking it would be really cute with a pretend velvet with a cotton liner.. but that can get expensive unless you know of a discount fabric place with excellent selection. I don't think they make felt that large. but it would give it that slightly fuzzy look to it. But felt can tear if you pull on it. Kids are pretty rough on their clothes... cordoroy would be more durable.. I would hit up the thrift store and try to find a big blanket or giant sweater and turn it inside out. Think.. airplane blanket....

You could also go with felt for the tummy, make a few small armpit breather holes... velcro along the bottomside for pottytime... use a baseball cap for the head/hat...

Fire Lily
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
It would be absolutely adorable if you made a hat like a Prinny's beak and eyes for the head!!!

You could make the wings actual sleeves with room for the hands to peek out, that way the kid can still grab at stuff. A soft felt would work very well for this outfit (I remember having a stuffed duck suit made of felt as a kid).

Plain cotton lining, or t-shirt material (very soft).