PDA

View Full Version : I-con

Shima-Mizu
08-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Anyhere ever gone to I-CON? It's an anual convention held at the Stony Brook SUNY Campus on Long Island, New York, in well Stony Brook. (It's 40 mins away from me, the only convention I get to go to that I never need a hotel room for). I've been going for the past 3 years and was wondering if anyone else goes as well...this years convention will be in mid April. See iconsf.org for more information.

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 03:50 PM
I was there last year to help out a friend (gave a cel-painting class, helped with the costuming panel and judging the cosplay) and it seems I might go again this year.

I had a lot of fun so I hope so. ^__^

Shima-Mizu
08-29-2002, 08:08 PM
I thought your avatar looked familiar! I went to the cell painting class AND the costuming panel. You wore the angel sanctuary thing during the costuming panel right and I remember what the other costume you wore looked like, but I can't remember what it was from. I was wearing a red and black medieval style dress (since as I had probably mentioned to you I hadn't been able to finish the costume I was working on in time).

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I remember your dress and I know I told you how much I loved it! *_________*

How are you? Going to finish your costume for this year's I-con?

(And the other costume was Seed from Suikoden II, a Playstation RPG)

KuroBara
08-30-2002, 12:03 AM
Hello,
I've gone to the past 2 I-cons as staff. Last year I assisted Miriam Sirois ^_^
I cosplayed as Sailor Neptune, Suzaku no Miko and Narusegawa Naru. I remember being in awe of Rosiel's AS costume! Hopefully I'll see you 2 next year.

Shima-Mizu
08-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Cool Kuro, I may have seen you around and not even know it... I met Miriam Sirios last year, got to shake her hand and all...that's the good part to being the obsessed otaku who goes up to the anime industry panel peeps and makes a point of talking to them, getting thier autographs, and swapping business cards. I got to sit next to Michael Sintemiklass (I probably botched the last named, but I'm spelling off the top of my head), he's the guy who started the NYAV POST dubbing studio--well anyhoo, me and my friend got to sit next to him for the dubbing workshop and he introduced me to all the guests :) I also got to meet Kristen Nelson (who dubbed Arima's mother on kare kano) and the guy who dubbed Arima's father (forget his name at the moment). I love I-CON so much good comes from going each year. I also now talk to Frank Pannone on AIM on a regular basis since he too remembered me by my pretty dress from last year, heh. Yesterday I saw him at BAAF, I walked past him looking for something and HE turned around and called out my name cuz he recognized me and I had mentioned to him that I was going :). I think I'm hanging out with him for a little big on Monday in the dealer's room. Good point #2 of talking to CPM guys at the industry panel? I went to talk to Tom Weyland when I saw him at the Jin Roh showing, and he ended up interviewing me for some tape thier making. ::does a victory pose:: I love all that I-CON has helped to result in ^_^V

Back to Rosiel---yeah I remember you telling me my dress was purty, and I think I commented on how nice your wings came out, they were amazing, I could never do anything like that. If I don't finish my next costume plan...I will go in my costume for AXNY...which is Yukino Miyazawa from Kare Kano in her red sweats outfit that she wears at home only in the series. Talk about your last minute costumes there---I made that in about 5 hours on Wednesday, I wanted a costume for AXNY, and I had joked to Frank Pannone (told you people I talk to him often lol) about going like that but he told me "that's no costume" after all normally a pair of red sweats wouldn't be---unless you customize them just like the character's and get the headpiece's too! (Yellow w/ green dotted headband...hair pulled back in two low pigtails, and wearing glasses) (the red sweats have distinctive double white stripes down the arms and legs, plus have her name written on the side of teh shirt on a white patch thing). Even though I made the whole thing in 5 hours, I'm realllly proud of how it came out, so I'm probably going to wear it at least to one day of I-CON if I do finish my other costume.

Phew that was long, hope you all didn't mind reading so much.

KuroBara
09-02-2002, 12:45 AM
*phew* all done reading!

Yes, you probably did meet me if you went to Miriam's autograph session. I love the atmosphere there, especially how casual it is. Lol, Mandy Bonhomme, the voice actor for Utena's Juri, recognized me at BAAF because I talked to her at I-Con. ^_^ I didn't even say anything about it. Everyone at I-con is so approachable, I meet so many nice people. I wish I had gotten goggle-boy's e-mail, or his name...>_<

Rosiel
09-03-2002, 08:48 AM
As an update, I /will/ be back at Icon in 2003!
(I just heard about it this weekend)

Shima-Mizu
09-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Yay we get you again :)

And Kuro, I met her at the dubbing workshop, not her autograph session

Rosiel
09-03-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm happy to be coming again and now all that I need to do is figure out which costumes to bring... I'm planning something really nice for Ohayocon so I might bring that... if it fits in the car. LOL

You know, Shima-mizu, if you complete your costume in time, you really should enter the cosplay!

Shima-Mizu
09-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Even if all I have is my Yukino costume still... I'd still consider entering with that, since I could do a nice monologue from the first couple episodes of kare kano...specifically the down w/ arima monologue about how she's gonna beat him, muahahahaha

KuroBara
09-04-2002, 11:33 AM
>_< I'm too shy to go on stage, but I'm hoping to have Jean, from Lunar, done for I-Con.

Rosiel - If it fits in the car? 0_0 Good luck!

Rosiel
09-04-2002, 12:16 PM
> >_< I'm too shy to go on stage, but I'm hoping to have Jean, from Lunar, done for I-Con.

Then just do a walk on. ^___^

> Rosiel - If it fits in the car? 0_0 Good luck!

Yup... it's big enough that it might not, along with all the other stuff we will need to bring. O_O

KuroBara
09-04-2002, 09:49 PM
>Then just do a walk on. ^___^

Well...maybe. I almost did a skit with my boyfriend last year, but I was only going to have 2 lines. (he's the actor, I'm the seamstress) But, we didn't preregister, and missed the deadline at the con. Afterwards I found out we could've walked on, but we had used that time to go to a different event.