PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath

Sana-chan
05-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Thought I'd start a thread up like this hehe. Juss wanted to give my two cents worth... MAN IT WAS FUN! lol It was so great seeing everyone again and I really enjoyed myself XD. Thanks so much to Kyle and Adella for doing this. It was awesome!

Right now I have the weirdest sunburn cuz ya know the Yuna top and then the weird arm things so have of my arm will be tan and the rest will be white lol.

But yeah I'm really glad I got to see everyone again XD. And meet some new people too!

Freya
05-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Dah! I got a sunburn too! It was definitely fun...felt like a big family reunion except with cosplayers and it was fun meeting new people as well. Was glad to debut Electra. hehe!

One thing for sure is that these photoshoots have me looking forward to the next ones and hopefully seeing the rest of you at Anime Expo if you're coming. ^_~

Oh yesh, forgot; and a Happy Birthday to Mink and all the others I forgot that were that day. You all deserve it! :D

DarkGunner
05-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Whoosh it was so fun to meet everyone and take pics! Even though I didn't have my costume it was fun to see everyone else dressed up. Thanks to all the administrators/moderators who put this all together. It was fun to see the sn's with the faces. :P

Doremi Chan
05-04-2003, 10:38 PM
I think a lot of people got sunburned. Had a great time!

Sana-chan
05-04-2003, 10:38 PM
lol I was so going to bring suntan lotion too, but when I woke up it was raining so lol ^^;;;

enishi
05-04-2003, 10:41 PM
T'was fun. I didn't have a chance to say it in person but thanks to Admin and Aeris for setting this up. ^_^

soshi
05-04-2003, 10:49 PM
yay! ^^ I'm back ~ for the parts I was there it was great.

shilayuki
05-04-2003, 10:58 PM
XDThis is my first time at any gathering (other than anime expo @_@;; ) It was a blast!! Fuuun desu~~ XD I just realize, I got a BAD sunburn @_@;; *hurt like bleh in the shower* T_T but other than that, it was fuuuuun~~~ We need to do this again!! XD

soshi
05-04-2003, 11:01 PM
I got burned on my face.. x_x when I came back with my costume on, I'd put a lot of makeup on to try and cover it up, but I think it just made me looked kicked in the face. >_o

AngilAdora
05-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Wah! I had such a great time at the gathering. everyone is soooo nice! ^^;; next time i'll have ta cosplay... but yah, everyone look soooo awesome in the costumes. :D thanx, admin an other cosplay.com pplz, fer puttin this all together! i had a B L A S T! hope ta see ya all at Anime Expo 03! :p

Okitasan
05-04-2003, 11:33 PM
lots of people ended up with funny tan lines lol...

Dawn
05-04-2003, 11:57 PM
had fun! liked looking at people and their costumes ^^ didn't socialize much because I'm socially inept, but it was still a very cool event! ^^ thanks to everyone who put this together-- got me away from schoolwork and boring things :D lol

till next time!

PS: no sunburn here lol :p

Marianne
05-05-2003, 12:01 AM
<---Lulu....got sunburned in the obvious places...neck and shoulders...but it was fun.

Dark Vision
05-05-2003, 12:02 AM
It was a great event. I actually got a suntan on my face from the tenchi marks I had. Now I look like a tiger. grrr ... lol

It was much fun thanks to Aeris and Admin. O Kyle enjoy those brownie bits.

CinsAngel
05-05-2003, 12:09 AM
*L* Dangit! I didn't think I got sunburned until someone on here mentioned it..Then I noticed my shoulders were burned.

i had a fantastic time! I was so great to see everyone I met in Balboa and meet new people. I really needed a get away after the stressful weeks I've had. Thanks so much everyone for a great day! I onlt wish I didn't have to leave early.:)

Cins

K_Valentine
05-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Tim and I have just returned and say our thanks for having the event. We both had fun. Right now I have to seriously clean my car. Clothes are EVERYWHERE.

Alaria
05-05-2003, 12:16 AM
*giggles* I think I'm the only one that didn't get sunburned? But Matt has some very funny armour lines on his arm :D It was great seeing everyone, both new and brand new friends!! *dances* II had a great time, and I look forward to seeing everyone at AX!

Benda
05-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Omg It was such a blast! I had such a great time! Now that I met people from here I'm sure I'll post more offen. I too got incredibly sunburned Oh the pain lol. But It was great meeting everyone and I can't wait until AX. Thanks again Everyone who helped put this on and contributed to this

sweetflame
05-05-2003, 12:31 AM
It was really fun today-especially since I didn't get sunburned hehe. ^_^ Thanks for putting this together, and I'll see some of you at AX!

Iori E
05-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Wow... I was gonna come to this board ranting about how my arms and shoulders got sunburned, but I guess I wasn't the only one. :P

Not my face, though. Maybe it was the long white hair... or the layers and layers of makeup...

Anyway, I had a great time today. Nice meeting all of you! But I have to ask... what happened to all the leftover food?

K_Valentine
05-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Can't say about everything and everyone, but I know I won't be eating at the dorms for awhile. ^^

I was covered well enough to not get a sunburn ^^.

<Addition>
Shoot, running as Lupin handcuffed to Jigen left some small cut on my wrist that is currently stinging. If anyone has any pics of that little bit the cut will be worth it.
<End Addition>

Samwise
05-05-2003, 12:52 AM
well, I guess there's no need to say that I got burned.. but only my face really shows :( But, I had a real great time and I'm glad to meet you all. You're a much more fun bunch than I can meet around here :) now, I need to get into actually making my own costumes instead of bribing my sister to make them for me.. but where's the fun in that?

Kabuki
05-05-2003, 01:11 AM
wheeeee burned X_x...like hella burned..anji style XD oh yeah and like JUST getting home.

Mink
05-05-2003, 01:50 AM
So much fun!!!! It was such a great birthday! Thank you everyone who really made my day great! Especially Admin and Aeris!

I cant wait to see you guys again!

Admin
05-05-2003, 02:51 AM
We're so glad everyone had so much fun. I'm so f-ing tired but we had a blast hosting it for everyone. After viewing the group photo and counting the people who weren't in it or left early, we came to a final head count of between 85-95 people attending, more than we anticipated. :)

I'm verrrry sunburnt as well, I could probably fry an egg on my head right now.

Thanks to everyone for showing up and we'll post more tomorrow. Right now, the only thing I can think about is sleep!

Rey-Rey
05-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Rey-Rey Is Fundamental.

Yuna
05-05-2003, 11:46 AM
AHHHHHHHHH I'm YUNA burnt!! Freaking WHITE line up my back against the red and my shoulders are red, but my arms are white! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S SO WEIRD LOOKING!!! *dies*

I had a freaking blast though, thanks to EVERYONE who came, it was such an awesome sucess *-*

BlueLady
05-05-2003, 11:49 AM
wow 85 people??!! that's awesome!! Glad to hear everyone had so much fun. Damn free comic book day , I wanted to meet everyone.

Kusanagi
05-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Hehe...I got three white bands on my left forearm and the rest is burned from the sun ^_^ Plus i have a red line around my neck where my collar was...

Adella
05-05-2003, 01:06 PM
^_^ I didn't get sunburned either Mira. Cuz I was just a ball of fluff. My petticoat eats people! :O raaaarrr rraaaaaarr!!

I'm scared of trains ;-;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, I had a blast..despite the 7 hour drive. ^_^ I'm glad to see everyone and hopefully I'll see them all at AX.
Aeris: I'm glad you enjoyed the salvadorean pastry ^_^
Alaria-sama!*glomps* Finally! I had so much fun being with you. You better come to Fanime or Else :p

I was glad to see everyone and Kyle, if you do this again, I'll endure the 6-7 hour drive again cause it was so worth it. Thank god, I didn't get sunburned :p

Tetsugyu
05-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Anime Collector: Yesterday's Cosplay.com Picnic was thee WORST gathering ever! No doubt I was on the Intenet that night, displaying my disgust!

Ok for those of you who don't realize it, that was a joke. I had a BLAST. It was sooo much fun! And I had atleast one person who needed to use my sweing kit that was in my ULTIMATE UTILTY BELT. Ok well...it fell apart but I have enough materials to remake it better than ever! Too bad no one had a headache...I had tons of asprin in it. The expensive kind too.

Anyway, enough about me. I just had a blast. It was good to see all the old faces and the new ones too. Seems like we'll all be seeing eachother again at AX or Fanime.

Cosplay, to the EXTREME!

PS: Sunburn....face and, arms right where my gloves ended! Not to mention where my Pimpsugyu Armbands ended! I look like stirpped tube sock!

skyknyt
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
I had a great time... though looking back, my hair was UUUUUUUUUUUGLY.

skye

SohjiroX
05-05-2003, 03:12 PM
You have no idea how much fun I had, I was alittle down to see alot of you leave and then myself and not be able to go to AI with alot of people but I was so happy to meet everyone and bring my sister along. I hope I get to meet everyone again cosplaying once more or just to hang out and catch a movie and dinner or lunch but I hope I see everyone soon, I feel really out of it after I got back....but I got a sun burn and I should have known I was when I saw admin getting his, my forhead is red.....owy. Well fanime is coming up, and I will try and debu my reverse KH squall. hope to see all of you again soon!

RoseDuelist
05-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah, it was great. Unfortunatly I was too shy to talk to anybody really. T_T lol.. Me and my bf were team rocket, remember? ha.. the shy ones sitting in the corner.. lol

Anyway, it was great. Wish I was more talkitive in real life though.. ^_^

Michi
05-05-2003, 06:44 PM
I got a sunburn too, on my nose, cheeks, and shoulders... but I think it was because of Disneyland afterwards more than the picnic. o.O I was hiding under the gazeebo a lot during the few hours I was at the picnic. ^^ Even though I wasn't there long, I had lots of fun seeing old friends, meeting friends from the board, and making new friends. :D Maybe if I can make it to the next Cosplay.com event, I'll even come in COSTUME. Pfft. XD

SCLNeptune
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
my nose got burnt =P

RoseDuelist
05-05-2003, 08:01 PM
My nose too. Owie.. *rubs it. Hurts more* OWIE!

At least we weren't as bad as Admin.. the human cherry.. lol! Sorry, don't mean to insult and it must hurt like heck, but daaang. Never ever been THAT sunburn. *hands admin some lotion*

Doremi Chan
05-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Sorry I wasn't very talkative. I am too shy. I really only knew SCL and Nessa. But I did hang out with Freya. I first met her and Sana Chan back at AX01 and really havenít seen them since. Well, they were at U.S Japan Expo but I didnít know it was them.