PDA

View Full Version : Im starting to think i go to the only school in Las Vegas with no anime fans.

DJ(SiC)ness
08-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Uggg today i was in my japanese class, and my teacher asked who watched anime. I was the only kid in the room who raised my hand (well there was another kid but he was wearing a DBZ shirt and everything he had was plasterd with DBZ) Than she asked who dosen't know what anime is? And the entire class raised there hands. I was shocked.

Also that day i was wearing my Nerv uniform ( grey work shirt with Nerv logo patch on left shoulder and small patch that says "U.N. NERV" above my right pocket on the chest ...:D I LOVE THAT SHIRT!) And nobody said anything to me about it. I mean the logo patch is pretty big and any anime fan would reconize the Evangelion NERV logo.

Im about to give up!

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTAKUS AT BONANZA HIGH SCHOOL IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yggdrasil Pie
08-29-2002, 07:05 PM
Aww...that's sad. There maybe some anime fans there...err...maybe they're just shy?

Babbit_Chan
08-29-2002, 07:24 PM
I can't see how you could be shy about saying you watch anime, but I guess that's an answer... Anyway, you're lucky you even HAVE a Japanese class T-T

Scoti
08-29-2002, 07:43 PM
well I have to say that really sux DJ(SiC)ness..but think of it as an opportunity! you can introduce the class to it, use it as a teaching tool for practice lol. Your final project could be subtitling =P

damn I wish I had a japanese class all I get to choose from is French, Spanish and German....

Ukayoru no Chou
08-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Yea, took me a while to dig out some of the ones at my school, and none of them are "otaku-ish" or fangirl/fanboy-ish, they just know DBZ , and Salior Moon.

I do lend them tapes and uch, and they like them... but its not clicking... I tell them to get online and look up the "sub-cultre" that this is ^-^;;

*ahem* anways....

Tenshi
08-29-2002, 08:51 PM
I know at my HS (I went to Cimarron--go Spartans! XD) there were a few anime fans. Not a lot, but the few of us that were there traded tapes a few times ^_^. But there's an anime club at the community college (Cheyenne campus, I think -- their website is http://www.meijinkenryoku.org but it hasn't been updated since May), plus there's a class at UNLV about anime. Click here (https://www.unlv.edu/Continuing_Ed/photography_video.html#japanese_animation) to check it out. However, the UNLV newspaper says it starts tomorrow, not in September, from 3 to 6 PM. Hopefully some of this info will help or interest you ^_^.

Jinx
08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
I know how you feel, DJ. There weren't any real anime fans at my hs in Phoenix, AX. In fact, there seems to be a BIG shortage of otaku in Arizona total. I mean, there are people who are into Sailor Moon and other anime that's on tv, but no one knows about the conventions, seiyuus, j-pop, manga, ANYTHING!! I did know of two guys.. both of whom I went to jr high school with... one dropped out. -_-;; The other is still my friend.

I'm now just starting at NAU and there seem to be a lot of otaku in my Japanese class..

|<ingMag
08-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Your in luck! actually not.... I graduated from Centennial... sorry dude

Uggg today i was in my japanese class, and my teacher asked who watched anime. I was the only kid in the room who raised my hand (well there was another kid but he was wearing a DBZ shirt and everything he had was plasterd with DBZ) Than she asked who dosen't know what anime is? And the entire class raised there hands. I was shocked.

Also that day i was wearing my Nerv uniform ( grey work shirt with Nerv logo patch on left shoulder and small patch that says "U.N. NERV" above my right pocket on the chest ...:D I LOVE THAT SHIRT!) And nobody said anything to me about it. I mean the logo patch is pretty big and any anime fan would reconize the Evangelion NERV logo.

Im about to give up!

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTAKUS AT BONANZA HIGH SCHOOL IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinobu
08-01-2004, 11:08 PM
At least u have a japanese class....it kinda sucks that no one likes it, but since your teacher knows what it is, bring in some subbed or just raw as an excuse for language excersise!

BlackDelo
08-01-2004, 11:21 PM
the name of your school is "Bonanza"?! wow.....thats kinda different.

mukino_kuneka
08-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Erm. . .What does this have to do with cosplay?

And I'm an anime fan, and I don't know what the NERV thingie is.

AND why was this thread ressurected??? It seems that alot of pointless threads have been ressurected lately.