PDA

View Full Version : Anime Elf Ears? (Deedlit, etc...)

Nekki_Basara
05-05-2003, 04:37 PM
So PikminLink has some great elf ears going on and I'm wondering, how do you do this?? How are they light enough that they don't fall off and stong enough to not droop. I mostly work with fabrics so I'm completly clueless here. Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks

~C

megumibish
05-05-2003, 05:57 PM
You usually can buy some latex ears and then spirit gum glue it to your real ears. Mask the line between your real ears and latex with some makeup and it should hold well.
Here's a link offa one of the threads to buy ears online.
http://larpware.safeshopper.com/9/cat9.htm?387
You can always find costume shops in your area too. I had a friend use wookie ears for his Link cosplay. Looks great.

megumibish
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Pm me if you'd like to see what the wookie ears look like. Since I can't upload the pic here. It's in art format and it won't work.

Nekki_Basara
05-05-2003, 06:19 PM
I've had some experience with the Woochie ears, the Pro Artist ears are the closest to what I'm looking for. But Deedlit (and most of your anime elves) have ABSURDLY long ears. I mean at least 9" long. I'm a designer by trade and I have this hang-up about proportions. Proportions are EVERYTHING to a good looking cosplay. So I need these insane ears. The werewolf ears at Woochie are good for your Mylene Jenius and such, but if I'm gonna do Deedlit (for a friend) I need something longer....

~C

megumibish
05-05-2003, 06:28 PM
You could always mold your own with say latex itself and possibly set into the latex an extremely thin dowel for support. Emphasis on light too so it won't weight it down. Unfortunately I'm no good at making negative casts...wish I knew a way...

Babbit_Chan
05-05-2003, 08:40 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235&highlight=elven+ears

PikminLink
05-06-2003, 03:33 AM
....Nekki_Basara.....pm me ^_^

A J
05-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Nekki_Basara,

I did Pirotess and I used the troll ears from Nightmare Factory. I know hers are ridiculously longer in the art and anime but I think this was a decent size. Any more and I think I'd have started feeling a little silly. ^^

-AJ

Akutenshi
05-17-2003, 02:30 PM
My friend, makonurikoryoko, was Deedlit and another friend was Pirotess. They made their ears really easily...just buy a pair of regular elf ears and a package of crayola model magic and mold the model magic on top of the elf ears and extend them. When it's dry, paint them a color closely matching your skin tone and then let them dry. You can attach them using spirit gum or..heh...superglue, like what they used but it hurts taking them off. When you put them on they might look kind of funny on your ear but if you're wearing the long blonde wig then nobody will be able to see....of all the options seen, this is one of the cheapest.