PDA

View Full Version : Favorite '07 Cosplayer?

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone - I'm new here (obviously). But I had a great time this weekend. The costumes were all amazing.

But my personal two favorites were:
Male: Solid Snake (the box was a hilarious addition)
Female: Aeris (looked absolutely dead on, 100%. Great job)

What about the rest of you? Everyone did have amazing costumes, but I suppose it can't hurt to play favorites a little bit.. :angel2:

Shiro
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Waldo was one of my favorites . . . then again, he's a friend, so . . . .

The WoW cosplayers (the three Belfs and one Nelf) were really cool too.

But my all-time favorites would have to be the comic book cosplayers. Nightwing, Shadowcat(s,) Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp, Dawn . . . That was just beyond cool.

BakaBabe
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
i loved the hawkeye, lenalee lee and roy mustang :P

BlueDeath
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
wowwww, i feel loved
i got somebodys favorite cosplayer :D

and hawkeye, thor, and wasp were my 3 friends that came with me ^___^

I personaly would have to say, the Night elf and blood elf females were amazin.
well.. there were lots of amazing ones XD

SillyLilNeko
07-16-2007, 11:18 AM
I would have to say the guy cosplaying from Phoenix Wright Ace Attorny, the snake in the box, and snake with the explanation point above his head.

Or my stocker Kakashi. xD

Rhys Ifane
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I was really impressed with the dark elf with the near foot long ears, purple full body makeup, dark purple wig, and the nice contacts. I seriously was in absolute awe at the one.

Pier
07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
The guy dressed as Shuan from Shuan of the dead was my favorite. o: And he was really nice about posing for pictures with people every five seconds.

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
wowwww, i feel loved
i got somebodys favorite cosplayer :D

Hahaha, yeah, I loved it. I'm a big MGS fan, and when I saw your costume I was very pleased. Next year, maybe I will not be so shy and I'll say "Good job" in person!

LadyHawke78
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
OMFG. The blood elves and the night elf were AMAZING. (WoW FTW!!) Defintiely my favorites out of the entire con. I liked that giant stone guy too... that costume looked incredibly uncomfortable.

I didn't see Shaun at CTcon but I got his picture at PortConMaine during the Zombie LARP. He looked like he just stepped off the set of Shaun of the Dead. PERFECT.

If you're talking about the Aerith from Chess, that's Gale. Yeah. Her costume was dead-on. Her Yuna was damn impressive too.

I'm not sure if I'm the Hawkeye you're talkin' 'bout (I don't recall seeing any others...) but if so, THANKS!
Rhys_Ifane and ShadowBlaze were the Hughes and Mustang who were hanging around with me.

and YES. The Snake from Chess (with the box...) made me LOL. Great idea, that box... :crylaugh:

SillyLilNeko
07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
OMFG. The blood elves and the night elf were AMAZING. Defintiely my favorites out of the entire con. I liked that giant stone guy too... that costume looked incredibly uncomfortable.

If you're talking about the Aerith from Chess, that's Gale. Yeah. Her costume was dead-on. Her Yuna was damn impressive too.

I'm not sure if I'm the Hawkeye you're talkin' 'bout (I don't recall seeing any others...) but if so, THANKS!
Rhys_Ifane and ShadowBlaze were the Hughes and Mustang who were hanging around with me.

and YES. The Snake from Chess (with the box...) made me LOL. Great idea, that box... :crylaugh:
I love your costume. I was the one that was waiting for the elevator and asked if I could take you picture. (cat girl one xD)

Jahursai
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
The two World of Warcraft Elves where amazing.

I also liked the Shadow Link, and I loved the Asuma from the first day. The guy who would just sit or lay around with the Cigerate...Adorable!

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 12:13 PM

Yes, her! You tell her I said "Good job!" :bigtu:

Ahahaha, not that she'd know who it's from anyway!

Aer Arcanum
07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Dark Magician, hands down. Hahahah. Seeing him just made my day. Also, that dark elf. I don't even know what it was from, but it was amazing. And Dark Link. ^^ And I can't really think of anybody else right now, but there were tons of great costumes. Congrats to everybody.

Opera Phantom
07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I was really impressed with the dark elf with the near foot long ears, purple full body makeup, dark purple wig, and the nice contacts. I seriously was in absolute awe at the one.

I agree. I also loved the blood elves. :D They were at Anime Boston too and I loved them then. <3

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Everyone loves the blood elves, haha

I've never even played WoW -_-; though I can tell a good amount of work went into their costumes!

BakaBabe
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
:

yea hawky im talkin about you :]
i saw that pik and you look like a real life riza :O

Gale
07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes, her! You tell her I said "Good job!" :bigtu:

Ahahaha, not that she'd know who it's from anyway!

omg, I'm so flattered! Thank you!

I feel lame 'cause most of the cosplayers I have to list are my friends :thumbsup: but I really loved their costumes!

LadyHawke78, your costume is beautiful and always impressed me

Steve & Ginger (and their dark link friend) always have amazing costumes, and their fanservice skit was awesome XD

I can never get over the wigs used by Michaela, who was Valor Sora, and my friend Caro who was Roxas (in the Destiny's Child skit), also Green Flame's Rikku wig is awesome

Karen's dark magician girl was adorable

The giant Org. group was great, amusing, and so fun to hang out with

I <3 Nuwanda for making a chocobo costume, because I have never seen a chocobo cosplayed before XD

MemoriesofYuna's Asmaria is sooooo cute! As one of our other friends put it, she looks like a cupcake XD

Ok...and on to people I don't actually know...The Blood Elves...omg, wow

And that stone gollum guy on Sunday!

And the Sepheroth that let me stab him (he was also in the chessmatch) XD AERIS'S REVENGE! Oh yah! ;) That made my life

BlueDeath's snake costume, with the finishing touch of the box, really amused me :) I should have known you were wolverine XD

Also, the Sakura who one the craftsmanship award. Her costume is so beautiful. And the skit she was in is something I've been waiting for someone to do XD

LadyHawke78
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Also, the Sakura who one the craftsmanship award. Her costume is so beautiful. And the skit she was in is something I've been waiting for someone to do XD

Oh, you mean Saki_B?

She was one of the Masquerade Craftsmanship judges at Anime Boston this past year. I don't know if she had THAT costume on when she judged your group or not, but she DID wear it one of the days of the con.

Gale
07-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes, I knew she was on here somewhere, but I didn't know her handle. And yah, that's the costume she was in when she judged me too. My mom said she talked to her in line for the musical and mentioned how detailed everything was and that she'd even made a matching bag for the costume. I hope she wears it at another con so I can check it out more in person, because it really is such a lovely costume!

BlueDeath
07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Im actually putting alot of time money and thought into my snake costume for next year... i want it to look perfect. so.

on that note.
who wants to cosplay a giant crab and crab battle me?

Volar
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I was really impressed with Gale's Aerith.

And Astro's Sarah. :O

And the 501st boys. :P

And Michela and Ginger always blow me away with their sexy Links and KH stuffs. :O

-Volar

Yuki Eiri
07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I definitely think Gale's Aerith was amazing. :o

Ray-Chan's Sephy = win XD even if it did leave her with battle scars..

ALL of the lucrecia cosplayers I took pictures with too omg. :D

Oh and, yes.. Connecticon needs crabs.

Kitsoru
07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant crabs.
With loafers.
That'd be awesome.

On topic, my fave cosplays.. Hanging with the Link pack all Saturday was awesome, indeed. The Necromancer Eve that won an award in the Masquerade was terrific, as were those Bloodelves, and I don't know what it was, but the like.. 9 foot tall alien werewolf thing(?), that was pretty cool. I was only there Saturday unfortunately so I might have missed some good stuff the other days.

Neffy
07-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm another person who thinks Gale's Aeris costume was awesome. I loved the Cloud plushie you were carrying around!

The gingerbread man was, of course, a favorite. It was amusing to see him/her running around all over the con. ^^

Oh, and I loved the Princess Zelda who was in Cosplay Chess. Her costume was lovely and she acted the part great; she looked so regal on stage.

BakaBabe
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Gingy was ADORABLE i have a pik of him and me in my album for connecticon
i have to upload so many more pix though o_o'

princesszelda27
07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh, and I loved the Princess Zelda who was in Cosplay Chess. Her costume was lovely and she acted the part great; she looked so regal on stage.

ZOMG thank you so much!!! I made all of that costume myself. I swear when I put it on I turn into the paragon of girly cuteness.
Chess was kinda scary 'cause I had to be cosplaying up next to Ginger and Steve, and I have always idolized their Link costumes 'cause they're SOOO much better ... so seriously, thanks so much.

HanyouKitty
07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I can't believe I missed Michela's costume! She always does a good job, but hey I did see her at Portcon so I'm happy. Her friends who cosplay as characters from KH and Zelda are always awesome in my book.

I gatta say I think that Gingerbread person was cute ^__^;. On Sunday, I watched one of the InuYasha's creep up behind it for a second (not me).

Oh and for those of you who saw Meowth, that's my friend from NH. He's a really nice guy, and he tends to stay in character more than people would think.

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
omg, I'm so flattered! Thank you!

Haha, don't thank me, you're the one who put all the work into the costume! It was really good!

I already have begun kicking ideas around with my friends to do a big group thing, and we're putting money away to purchase what we need. I hope by next year I know more of you and we can hang out. Or something. Friends are always fun. And I definitely want to be part of the trial next year

Gale
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
omg, how could I forget Gingy! I loved that costume! :D

BakaBabe
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
omg, how could I forget Gingy! I loved that costume! :D

he was mad adorable!
but i can only assume how uggy he was under the mask >.>

TheInternet
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Solid Jake, The WoW chicks, that guy in the crazy armor, the rock golem, all my /b/lack up, Meesha, and everyone who posed in pics with me <3

gigimardi
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I loved GingerAnne and her group. They were sweet.
Snake was awesome, too, because he pretty much just ran around and did random stuff.
The guys at the Shinracon booth were awesome, too. Except Vincent/Xemnas. Yuki_Eiri was a meanie and tried to kill me seven times that day. Jk, he was awesome. The Lady Sephy was also really funny, too.
Mewohkie was indeed the best though because he was just so sweet and nice to talk to and stuff. I couldn't believe he brought five costumes and changed Saturday three times.
And my friends. Of course.

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Solid Jake, The WoW chicks, that guy in the crazy armor, the rock golem, all my /b/lack up, Meesha, and everyone who posed in pics with me <3

Thanks for my free internet, by the way (I was one of the Dead Rising employees)

TheInternet
07-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for my free internet, by the way (I was one of the Dead Rising employees)

hahaa nice.

did you ever find frank and kick his ass?

PhoenixWright
07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
hahaa nice.

did you ever find frank and kick his ass?

We met both Franks

One Frank (the one who was in the Masquerade) was very afraid of us (probably me and my menacing blood stained bat) and ran away. The other Frank liked us and asked for our photo.

Of course I haven't seen one single photo of us .. oh well

misswednesday
07-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Fuu, of course, was absolutely adorable [just the way she should be!]

Honestly, only the cutest can pull off that cosplay. Hahaah.

And the L that was walking away with the lollipop? Superamazing.

And, last but not least, the girl cosplaying Road from D. Gray-Man.

Loved the three of you. :D

BakaBabe
07-17-2007, 06:03 AM

:D thankies and Rhode was AMAZING :O

Ray-chan
07-17-2007, 10:16 AM
he was mad adorable!
but i can only assume how uggy he was under the mask >.>

Actually, Gingie had the head thing off backstage of the cosplay chess and he was cute! looked to be like..16 or 17 years old, but he was cute. XD

That cosplay chess Gara tho. o.0 umg, nice body!

XD Still, my favorites are:
- Yuki's Vincent
- Nate's Green Ranger
- and umfg his KAIBA! O_O (It's a sin to be that good. XD I squealed when I saw him with the black eyeliner)
- Loved the cosplay chess Aeris (she looked dead-on with that costume)
- And the super-tall perfect PERFECT Milly from Trigun. XD She looked just like her! Couldn't have picked a better person to cosplay!
- And the super-hawt Yuffie we kept killing for stealing materia. XD Her costume was teh awesomeness and she was really fun too.

BakaBabe
07-17-2007, 10:22 AM
xD rlys?
that hilarious!

the 2 garras i saw were girls >.>

EvilBob
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
xD rlys?
that hilarious!

the 2 garras i saw were girls >.>

I saw a few more Garra's but I think they were of the female variety as well. 90% of the Itachi's and Sasuke's were as well......

As far as my favorites go there was an awesome Zetsu, The Rock Golem, Solid Snake was spectacular, Shaun of the Dead was amazing, the cosplay chess Aeris was "dead" on, Green Ranger kicked ass, the blood elves were very well done, but my personal favorite through out the course of the weekend was the Silent Hill Nurse featured in cosplay chess. That was genuinely freaky.

pinku_spaidaa
07-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Wait.... Which L?

There were like.. 17 of them...

misswednesday
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Wait.... Which L?

There were like.. 17 of them...

There was one in particular that walked slouched the whole time and pretty much always had a lollipop.

Heh. I can't really get much more specific than that, but it was the cutest L ever. x3

derelict_
07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Waldo was one of my favorites . . . then again, he's a friend, so . . . .

The WoW cosplayers (the three Belfs and one Nelf) were really cool too.

But my all-time favorites would have to be the comic book cosplayers. Nightwing, Shadowcat(s,) Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp, Dawn . . . That was just beyond cool.

ty ty i was the belf paladin ^^

I loved the wii controller XD lol

BlueDeath
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
my draenei shaman would pwn you.

gigimardi
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Actually, Gingie had the head thing off backstage of the cosplay chess and he was cute! looked to be like..16 or 17 years old, but he was cute. XD

That cosplay chess Gara tho. o.0 umg, nice body!

XD Still, my favorites are:
- Yuki's Vincent
- Nate's Green Ranger
- and umfg his KAIBA! O_O (It's a sin to be that good. XD I squealed when I saw him with the black eyeliner)
- Loved the cosplay chess Aeris (she looked dead-on with that costume)
- And the super-tall perfect PERFECT Milly from Trigun. XD She looked just like her! Couldn't have picked a better person to cosplay!
- And the super-hawt Yuffie we kept killing for stealing materia. XD Her costume was teh awesomeness and she was really fun too.WTF?! I wasn't stealing anything! YOU LIE!!!

And love my Sephy. You were awesome. And yes, all of Nate's costumes were awesome, but I wish I saw his Green Ranger in person.

pinku_spaidaa
07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
There was one in particular that walked slouched the whole time and pretty much always had a lollipop.

Heh. I can't really get much more specific than that, but it was the cutest L ever. x3

Well, fi it was the L with the bluish purple hair and the turtleneck.. that was me. I got a lot of candy.