PDA

View Full Version : cosplay.com get together?

ai no hoshi
05-05-2003, 08:57 PM
is cosplay.com having a get together? i'd love to meet everyone!

if so, when and where?

SohjiroX
05-06-2003, 02:25 PM
same here I like to meet up with people I didn't see at the irvine gathering.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-06-2003, 03:09 PM
well, if there is one, I'll show up, say hi to everyone and then leave. personal reasons that i don't want to divulge.

Cat Scratch
05-06-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm in like sin if we do. Look for the overdressed Blood Countess.;)

videogirlc
05-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Does anyone want to pick a time and day?

Aoshi Shinomori
05-08-2003, 12:28 AM
well its up to Eurobeat King.. he usually sets it up but its usually on a Saturday.. probably around 2 or between gatherings on saturday so there will be alot of people there.

Michi
05-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Aeris and Admin are attending now, right? o.o;

positivespace
05-09-2003, 01:37 AM
I thought I read somewhere that reps from cosplay.com wouldn't be coming to Fanime because of something that happened last year? Maybe they've changed their minds?

Anyway, hopefully you guys decide on a gathering for Saturday (since that's the only day I'll be there)... I'd love to meet y'all and see your costumes! =)

Eurobeat King
05-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Admin & Aeris will be going to Fanime this year, and I'm sure they'd like to get a cosplay.com group together for a photoshoot. :) I'm all for it, and the best time would be Saturday afternoon, like meibi 1-2pm. Since I'm going to be in the masquerade, I dunno when sign-in and rehearsals will take place, so early in the afternoon would be best for me to partake in the photoshoot.

As I suggested (in another thread, i think..) the best place would be outside the convention center near the backside, either the grassy area or the fountains. :)

Michi
05-09-2003, 04:47 PM
If I remember correctly, you usually need to be at masq check in around.. 2 or 4 pm.. so around 1 pm would probably work best. Eee I think that's when our DOA shoot is.. bwahaha I'll be Kasumi for the Cosplay.com shoot then!

positivespace ~ Yeah I read about the last year thing, but then I read they changed their minds. ^_^; *shruuug*

positivespace
05-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Michi... well, whatever works... I'm glad things got straightened out and that they'll be coming.

So would it be safe to say 1pm on Saturday... outside of the convention center?

ai no hoshi
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
is saturday at 1 a confirmation?
i'll be kurumi on saturday.
i is fine with me. i think the grassy area with all the trees would be best... it's big. i dunno, personal opinion

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-13-2003, 08:36 PM
ai no hoshi: I think that's fine. I'll be free at 1 p.m so yeah, I can drop by. I hope the admin and Aeris knows about this lol XD

ai no hoshi
05-14-2003, 12:10 AM
well, that is why i'm asking. i want to make sure that it is official. i'm not sure it is yet. maybe someone should PM admin?!

Aoshi Shinomori
05-14-2003, 12:43 AM
well i m sure there will be alot of ppl there around that time so we can just yell out cosplay.com gathering heh al will be there i think so we can just gather around.

SohjiroX
05-15-2003, 08:04 PM
sign a sign give us a sign, if you build it.....they will come

Eurobeat King
06-16-2003, 04:18 AM
5 days left to go!! Well, 4 days if you're going to be there on Thursday.. But Fanime is coming!! "Are you ready true believers?" hehe ;)

I decided to revive this topic to let you know that since Admin, Aeris, and myself will be at Fanime, we're going to try and get a cosplay.com gathering going this weekend. The time & place for the photoshoot will be:

Day: Saturday, June 21st

Time: 2:00-2:30pm (starting time, so at 2:30pm the latest we'll be forming everyone together who's there for the photo. So try to get there between that time.) Since I'm not sure when everyone who's going to be in the masquerade has to go for rehearsal, (I'll know on Friday) we'll shoot for this time.

Place: The grassy area outside the artist-alley (when you walk from the Westin to the convention center, where the Kenshin gathering will take place on FR) If the lighting is bad, we can move it over to the fountain area nearby (the rear fountains, closer to the convention center) but we might cause a traffic problem if too many people gather there.. :thumbsup:

Saturday before 2pm I'll have the DOA photoshoot, and then changing into my masquerade costume for the rest of the day & evening. I'll be in the lobby for a little bit afterwards doing a little "Fanime-Floor-show" heehee and then going outside to the grassy-area for the photoshoot. Follow me there and hopefully more people will show up for it. :D

Hopefully we can get a big group, so please make it if you can, and we'll all have fun! See you there!

Michi
06-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Shall I add this to the gathering list, then? ^^

Eurobeat King
06-16-2003, 04:46 AM
Michi: Go for it! :D Do you see any problems with the time, like does it conflict with any other groups?

Michi
06-16-2003, 05:27 AM
Well, both X and Inuyasha are at 2pm.. ^^; But they could just come to the Cosplay.com shoot in those outfits if it lasts til 2:30. I know I'll probably be in Kasumi...

ChibiMoFo
06-16-2003, 05:50 AM
I'll be at the AMV finals then ;_;

Aoshi Shinomori
06-16-2003, 12:10 PM
I'll be at the Inu Yasha gathering at 2pm.. but maybe we can show up at the cosplay.com and then take inu yasha pics after the cosplay.com one

Raider3
06-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Count me in for 2:30 for the cosplay.com gathering. I'll be around that area, but probably keeping an eye on the Inu-Yasha gathering (or at least being within cell phone reach of Aoshi and Miaka no Baka)

I have the same two costumes I've had already, with a third (made by Miaka) debuting for the cosplay - Ah, the joys of last-minute skit rewrites - Not only created the need to make a 4th mix of the skit dialogue and music, but expanded my role and gave me another costume to boot. (Her creation, my investment for materials - Within the next year, my goal is to acquire and learn to use a sewing machine - I've got ideas to keep me occupied for the next few years.)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-16-2003, 01:04 PM
hmmm..I have no problems for that time. Unless I see a panel that interests me, but yeah.. :D

SohjiroX
06-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Sounds alright to me just have to make sure what outfit to wear and if I am not held prisoner by certain cosplayers

Nadeshiko
06-16-2003, 07:41 PM
I'll be there in my Karen Kasumi glory. ^_^;; (with Aoki plushie!)

Michi
06-16-2003, 08:31 PM
2-2:30 has .. Fruits Basket, Robotech, Screenwriting, and CLAMP panels.. Plus AMVs.. Any problems? @_@ I'm gonna go put Cosplay.com on the gathering list in a bit. ^^

KimikoChan
06-16-2003, 08:50 PM
I will try to be there. I'm working the dealer's room, so if I can get away, then I will. It's added to my personal list :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Crap..if it's the screenwriting panel...can't miss that.. since I need to learn everything that is to know about screenwriting..crap.. ;_;
well, since everyone will be taking photos after DerCosplay, maybe we can do a rehas there? just a suggestion...

Raider3
06-17-2003, 02:27 AM
Ryu - Geez, I hope Der Cosplay doesn't run too far over the scheduled end time. I recall last year's chaos.

(Yes, we UNDERSTAND we need to be out of the convention center space proper by midnight - And if you understand how cons work, and how space is rented, and overtime costs for having convention center staff handle cleanup and such, you can understand, but it doesn't excuse staff from being photo session Nazis... :) ) "Ok, next up! Give the next person a chance! We need to be out of here BY MIDNIGHT, so GO! GO! GO!"

Ugh... convention hasn't even started yet, and I'm already exhausted thinking about it... This is what happens when fans get older, I guess. Maybe I should stop whining, just follow my instincts, and get that case worth of Rockstar - justification for bringing up my mini-ice chest (you didn't see me say that, did you? :) ) and ice into my hotel room.

Michi
06-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Last year had chaos? o_O

We could possibly do another photo post-masquerade, like ACP does. I've mentioned that a few times already. XD;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Michi: yeah, I withink we should do a post-masquerade photoshoot, i'm down with that lol XD

Raider3
06-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Michi: It just seemed like we were being herded out of the SCCC very quickly - by midnight, if I recall, but the Westin-controlled areas were still 24 hours. I guess there was still outside, the second floor, any other areas? All I know was I was wielding my Digital8 camcorder in addition to a bag of other stuff. This time I'm being smart, and I'll hopefully be able to conceal my digicam under my costume. How I'm going to easily access it as needed to take my own pictures, however, is going to be a dilemma, since I'm wearing a full robe. (Cosplaying as a PSO Ep. 1&2 FOmar - Miaka no Baka made a *most excellent* FOmar robe, but there's no time to get the proper gloves or hat constructed by Friday. Those details can wait.)

ai no hoshi
06-18-2003, 08:58 PM
yes! a post-masquerade gathering sounds great. i'll be at the 2:00 one, but if there is another one i'll be there. let me know if it becomes official.

Admin
06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
We can take more pics after the masquerade, but for a group shot we need good lighting and the only time for that is during the day, preferably outdoors.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Admin: that sounds cool by me. we can do it sunday if you want?