PDA

View Full Version : Ouran High School Host Club... fabric help!

Axelai
07-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Okay, as you can assume by the title, i'm making the uniform from that anime. I want to know if anyone knows what kind of fabric i should use. And maybe what store i could get it at. o.o

SpaurhSpoor
07-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I have a suggest, go to online uniform stores for school and see if you can find same type of jacket worn in Ouran High Host Club or look to see what type of fabric is jacket made from. Also check ebay, they have some Ouan High School Host Club badges and the cosplay as well. When and if the only Ouran High School Host Club fans website gets back up, they members on the forums will be happy to help too.

Axelai
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
I have a suggest, go to online uniform stores for school and see if you can find same type of jacket worn in Ouran High Host Club or look to see what type of fabric is jacket made from. Also check ebay, they have some Ouan High School Host Club badges and the cosplay as well.

I want to make it myself (im not listening to my friend who says not to.. i am good enough at sewing to put in shoulder pads), so i just need to know what kind of fabric to use.

Desse
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Wool suiting is the traditional fabric for coats like that. (And it's a joy to work with) A poly/wool suiting blend will be cheaper than 100% wool, and the most likely fiber content for a high schoolers blazer. I'd at least try to get a partial wool content in there, if it were me, but I'm something of a fabric snob and prejudiced against polyester.

SpaurhSpoor
07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I knew from reading your first post that want to make it yourself, but letting you know that ebay.com also the badges. Also by looking at pictures of the cosplay they might had information what type of fabric the jacket is made from. Desse has right on money that wool suiting would work well for your cosplay.

Usachan
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I would highly reccomend that if you want to find a "blue" blazer to check
out a thrift store near you. They sometimes can as they may carry such a thing