PDA

View Full Version : Denny's Invasion RSVP list- Everybody invited

Pages : [1] 2

RoseDuelist
05-05-2003, 09:40 PM
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED!! MAYBE NEXT YEAR. ^_~

-----
Ok, TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO RSVP TO ME THROUGH PM!!! You must RSVP BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, FRIDAY, JUNE 27!!!

If you RSVP after that chances are you probably won't be able to get a seat at the restraunt. You definatly won't be getting a little hand-made name tag from me. ^_^ I'm making those tomorrow.

THE OFFICIAL MAP TO THE MEETING SPOT IS IN MY GALLERY!

THE OFFICIAL RSVP LIST IS IN MY JOURNAL!!
http://forums.cosplay.com/journal.php?action=view&journalid=1430

THE LIST HERE ON THE FIRST PAGE MEANS DIDLY CRAP!!! It's just a list of people whom I sent a PM to for RSVP's.. Check my gallery and Journal.

Original Post

Ok, the first thread on this was just to get the word out. Not that it's only 58 days away I'm going to take some names.

Post on here if you are even CONSIDERING coming to this. I will take your name down and PM you with the official information about 2-4 weeks before AX about it to remind you and all. I have to call Denny's so they know if a group of 20 or 30 people are coming so they don't freak out and are actually prepared.

Costumes are encouraged, but if it can't fit in the booth we'll have to throw food at you out the window. lol!

Info

When: 99% chance within an hour after opening ceremonies. More info when the schedule gets posted at the AX site.

Where: Denny's down the street from the convention center.

What to bring: Money for food! I'm not rich enough to pay, lol! Also, costumes are encouraged, but not necisarry (though that is the point of invading Denny's. Scare the tourist! lol.. j/k)

I'll probably bump this thread back up around 2 or three weeks before hand to get those last minute people (though I really hate bump-ups). This is the official thread about it, so yeah. Post here if you are considering coming. I'll PM you before and hopefully you'll know for sure by then.

P.S. What costume do you think your going to wear?

So I can easily keep track I'm makin' a list (sorta like the RSVP list for the picnic)
List (if you name is below I'll PM you with the final info)
Tenshi
BlueLady +1
RyuHayabusaDOA2
WaterEmpress + ?
RoseDuelist +3
SohjiroX +4
Psychotic Jei
Studmaster
jen_kat +?
DHB
Famira Damaris
Joe Boeing
Ina
MikigamiTokiya
IdatenMiki
Dawn + ?
Kait_sith + ?
kyuuketsuki
Isaldur
MedeaManson +4
Hounddog310
Asmaria

BlueLady
05-05-2003, 09:53 PM
hmm well if you're not paying.... J/K lOL

This is BlueLady ( duh) or Tabitha RSVPing for me. I might have a friend with me as well.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-05-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm coming..
RyuHayabusaDOA2 aka Jorge Antonio Rivera and it'll only be me

Yggdrasil Pie
05-05-2003, 10:31 PM
I wanna go! Sounds fun! ^_^ I'd probably be cosplaying Raiha from Flame of Recca. XD w00t! I wonder what the tourists will think...^^;;

Tenshi
05-05-2003, 10:52 PM
I might come. I'll have to see if my posse wants to come, but I don't see why not ^_^. In any case, I'll probably be wearing my Tohru uniform. I don't know if anyone else will be wearing a costume at the time.

RoseDuelist
05-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Right on! This is great. I just posted this and already 4 RSVP's. *grin* This'll be so fun.. *giddy laugh*

SohjiroX
05-06-2003, 03:12 AM
I like to go.

Psychotic Jei
05-06-2003, 04:25 AM
Hm. count me in. Not positive (considering how I might get dropped off...because 13 bucks for parking sux) but I'm sure the hotel will hold bags... I hope.

RoseDuelist
05-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Hmm.. I wonder how we are all going to spot each other? I wonder if I should make a sign or just say "look for <<insert costumes we are in here>> around <<location>>".... hmmm... *goes off to ponder some*

SohjiroX
05-06-2003, 06:39 PM
sign sign sign, than we carry it to the dennys to make them know we are on our way.

Ina
05-06-2003, 06:43 PM
i've talked to two of my friends, they said yeah XD so count us in XP

edit:
YES! SIGN SIGN!!! *sees all of us walking across the street while being led by rose with a big sign* lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, I'll be carrying around my Fanime and AX badges...so yeah..I'll show them to everybody lol XD

Yggdrasil Pie
05-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Eh...I got some friends that may come, I'm not sure how many though. X_x

SohjiroX
05-06-2003, 08:37 PM
I say lets make that sign and make sure that when we carry it we all are making sure dennys sees us so they know that when we get in, we get a side of the building already.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, stupid question time:
who is going to make the sign?

BlueLady
05-06-2003, 08:45 PM
oph sheesh it's not that hard!!! I'll make a sign but you all better show so i 'm not the loner costumed freak with a sign * shakes fist*

Studmaster
05-06-2003, 09:10 PM
I might as well join you guys. Pending on what's up at the time.

jen_kat
05-07-2003, 09:11 AM
I might come too, and maybe bring some friends, but like Studmaster, it depends on what time it's at, 'cause I have no idea when opening ceremonies are, and I also need to actually get down there on Thursday morning via car.

DHB
05-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Count me in! I'll be there with Tenshi and I wanna join the fun with you.

Famira Damaris
05-07-2003, 11:29 PM
I'd like to go, though it'll depend exactly what time (I don't know when anything starts, I'm so not on the ball. *tear*).

JoeBoeing
05-07-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm 100% going to be there... so please add me.

FRom,
Joe

Priss
05-09-2003, 03:42 AM
I wish I can go with all of you and my little Hotaru loves the jr. grand slam menu. Too bad we're coming only on Saturday.

Maybe and hopefully we can join in next year?

Happy eating everyone.

RoseDuelist
05-09-2003, 04:59 PM
I'd make the sign since I'm holding it, but if you want to make it BlueLady instead of me, feel free. ^_^ How big do you think it'll be?

Ah, what the heck.. I'll make a little one too just to the heck of it since there are so many people. ^_^ *is sign happy now*

Anyway, the list in the first post is those who will recieve a PM from me when it gets closer to time. I, too, am waiting on the times to be posted. When that happens I'll begin to finalize things (call Denny's, etc)

See you next time Priss. ^_^

**Edited to add**

Oh yeah! My sign will probably only be about the size of a medium posterboard (about 2 feet long. Don't know the exact dimensions).

Ina
05-09-2003, 08:09 PM
uhm, you didn't add me and two of my friends ^^;

jen_kat
05-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I see my name is on the list, but I'll probably be bring some friends too. Could you put a " + ? " next to my name?

RoseDuelist
05-09-2003, 11:32 PM
WA! How could I forget you Ina! *slaps forhead* I guess I figured I already added you or something. *feels dumb*

MikigamiTokiya
05-09-2003, 11:36 PM
me and idaten miki will probally show up. probally won't eat their food but we'll show XD

RoseDuelist
05-09-2003, 11:46 PM
*waves delicious pancakes under Mikigami's nose* XD

IdatenMiki
05-09-2003, 11:49 PM
lol she may not eat anything, but i probably will..... -_-'' sadly i've never been to a denny's lol ^_^''

MikigamiTokiya
05-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
*waves delicious pancakes under Mikigami's nose* XD

I have a thing against Denny's lol.... pancakes do sound good though ;o;

RoseDuelist
05-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Ever been to an IHOP? Same thing, just they don't leave the coffee on your table.

RoseDuelist
05-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by MikigamiTokiya
I have a thing against Denny's lol.... pancakes do sound good though ;o;

*GASP* BLASPHEMY!! J/K.. lol.. ^_^

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:00 AM
-_-'' i've been to an ihop... but it was new and the food was kinda nasty because there were flies everywhere.. kinda took away from the taste lol ^_^''

MikigamiTokiya
05-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Yea our Ihop is hella nasty. I like the ones you make outta the instant powder XD that's the good stuff

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:03 AM
..... ew... O.O;; That's not good. Well, Denny's isn't that bad. This is the one near Disneyland so it it checked frequently to make sure it is sanitary. The last thing California needs is a bunch of sick tourists.

*is thinking about their hashbrowns now.. * my gosh.. I'm hungry now..

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:10 AM
mmmmm hashbrowns lol ^_^'' so yummie

MikigamiTokiya
05-10-2003, 12:18 AM
potatos..... blah.... who needs em but the irish..hold up i'm irish *smacks head* lol j/k waffels are better anyhoo

Dawn
05-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Well... I've always wanted to make myself socialize and get to know other cosplayers ^^ This might be a good opportunity for that, eh? :) Count me in... and possibly... quite a few of my friends coming along with me~ lol

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Me ish Irish too.. like 1/16.. lol! Does that count? I'm a big mutt. Mostly French and Native American with a dash if Irish.. I sound like a recipe.. lol!

Yay! Dawn! *hug* I have a picture from you in my gallery. Thanks for that by the way. It'll be great seeing you again. This time, I might actually talk! @_@;;

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:27 AM
dawn: come it'll be... interesting lol ^_^'' who knows it might even be fun! jk jk of course it will be fun

Dawn
05-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Yay! ~hugs back~ :D this should be fun! lol I wanted to tell you how cute your Team Rocket costume was during the picnic, by the way ^^ I love Team Rocket! James was actually my first cosplay, way back when lol ^^

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:34 AM
yes very true ^_^'' rose your costume was very cute lol ^_^ you guys make a great team rocket

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:35 AM
lol. Mine was a variation of Cassidy, but I didn't want to be her so I changed it and made it, well, just me. lol. I won't be wearing that to this event though. 99% chance I'll be wearing Dita for this one.

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:36 AM
Awww.. *blush* I'm so flattered. I can't put Faces to your screen names though. T_T I was so shy. *pout*

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:37 AM
yes! i cant wait to see your dita costume <>_<>'' -_-'' i've heard you babbling about it for a long time lol....

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:42 AM
lol. Yes, babbling about how much it sucks. It's my first "from scratch" costume. Team Rocket and Sailor Moon and put together from my closet. This I am sewing.. *sigh* I'm such a newb. But still having a blast with this! *dances*

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:43 AM
<>_<>'' i broke a sewing machine the last time i attempted to sew lol your not alone! plus i think it'll turn out great i dont think you have anything to worry about

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 12:53 AM
^^;; Aww.. you guys are so nice. Can't wait 'til AX.

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 01:01 AM
^_^'' it'll be fun me either... though i could do w/o the really really long plane ride -_-''

RoseDuelist
05-10-2003, 01:07 AM
I live 15 minutes from the convention center. :p

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 01:11 AM
*sigh* so lucky -_-'' lol i get to fly across the country! ^_^ from NY=>CA... i'm not sure how long it takes to get from here to there... it takes about 5 hrs to get to FL so *shrug* who knows lol

Ina
05-10-2003, 11:20 AM
but it'll be worth the flight Miki ^_~ can't wait to see everyone ^^ and rose! your dita costume is gonna rawk! XP

MikigamiTokiya
05-10-2003, 03:10 PM
eeek, been looking at plane fares all day and omg this is gonna cost us miki, my dad and ur mom have to talk about reservations and shiznit too. bah I dunnoh when we're gonna get there though so hopefully this lil denny's thing won't start till like 1 or so cause we might not get in till 12 ><;;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I'll try my best to be there, that's all I can say XD

SohjiroX
05-10-2003, 07:19 PM
lol. Yes, babbling about how much it sucks. It's my first "from scratch" costume. Team Rocket and Sailor Moon and put together from my closet. This I am sewing.. *sigh* I'm such a newb. But still having a blast with this! *dances*

I ment to tell you that I liked your banner, what is it really?

kait_sith
05-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm interested! Sounds like fun. Can I bring a friend or two?

Dawn
05-11-2003, 04:51 AM
I used to only live about 15 minutes from AX, too... then they moved it to Anaheim! :p

;) lol now I have to travel double that time! lol

RoseDuelist
05-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
I ment to tell you that I liked your banner, what is it really?

Um.. maybe you should PM me with that because I don't quite understand (how could you like it if you don't know what it is? Maybe your just trying to insult me or something? I dunno.. :p )

Well, in the event you aren't insulting me the top one is for my RPG at yahoo groups. @_@ The bottom one is the most clear I could get those images.

Oh, and Dawn, it's IN Anaheim this year! Yay!

And Kaith, the more the merrier. ^_^

SohjiroX
05-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Um.. maybe you should PM me with that because I don't quite understand (how could you like it if you don't know what it is? Maybe your just trying to insult me or something? I dunno.. :p )

Well, in the event you aren't insulting me the top one is for my RPG at yahoo groups. @_@ The bottom one is the most clear I could get those images.

Oh, and Dawn, it's IN Anaheim this year! Yay!

And Kaith, the more the merrier. ^_^

No no no I mean it, I was asking is that a chat room or a role playing muc or something, I mean no disrespect, trust me, I try not to do that around here. I was just asking about the anime camp thing, I read it and so I thought about asking if I could get to know more about it, I know the bottom one is from chobits....I think but I wasn't trying to be rude. so sorry if it came out that way.

RoseDuelist
05-11-2003, 07:44 PM
lol! It's ok. Most of that was sarcasm anyway. Well, one of them is from Evangeleon, one from Ranma, and one from Slayers. It's an RPG on Yahoo! Groups where any character from any anime, manga, or game can join. I haven't had to deny a character yet.

Just post a bio and begin to play. That's all really. Just an RPG where characters can come to relax, though are current storlyine isn't too relaxing. lol!

Wow. Free plug! Yay! lol!

SohjiroX
05-12-2003, 12:08 AM
cool I will try that out one day.

PZB
05-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Well, since there are currently four in a two mile radious of Disneyland and the Convention Center, I assume you're heading to the one West of the CC (which would be past Disneyland Dr/West St on Katella) a word of warning....the service sucks. :) But it is the closest.

Can you tell I live here? :D

How I'd love to come, but 4th of July weekend...ha....good luck in getting that off of work...sigh......

SohjiroX
05-14-2003, 05:14 PM
heheh thank you for the warning, I hope I can atleast get my ussual there than.

MikigamiTokiya
05-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Miki and I will be there for sure <just bought our plane tickets> we're gonna get there the night b4 the con so yay for that or sumthin

RoseDuelist
05-15-2003, 06:53 PM
The service sucks? How so? Slow or bad food? If it's slow that's ok since we are calling ahead and it's worth the socializing time anyway, but bad food and maybe we'll have to head to the other one.

The one I'm talking about is across from the Symba lot (if that's even still there. Haven't been in the area since January when I went with my mom to renue our passes.. I opted to not renue so I won't be going back for a while.. lol). In case it was closed or something, it's the one closest to the Disneyland Hotel near that neighborhood. ^^;;

PZB
05-16-2003, 02:44 PM
It's basically the corner of Katella and Walnut, just east of the intersection. (yeah, it's still called Simba, but it's not really used for guests anymore from my understanding...) It's terribly slow srevice at times. (We've had to trip waiters before just to get our check and no refills because they had gone MIA.) But it does make for good socializing time :D

RoseDuelist
05-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Hmm.. slow on drinks eh? *cracks knuckles* That's unforgivable! lol! I want my caffeine in the morning! Is the one across from the entrance any better? Or any other close one any better or they all poor service?

SohjiroX
05-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Well I am game, I have about four friends that will like to go so I willgive names later till than thanks for all the info on the place.

PZB
05-17-2003, 09:05 PM
I couldn't say whether or not it's better....it's always so danged crowded, we steer clear. We're usually down at the one on State College and Katella, near the stadium, but that's about 2 or 3 miles from the convention center. Best bet sadly is the one near Walnut, just pray for a good server. :)

RoseDuelist
05-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah, we'll do that then. Besides, as I said, Socializing time!!! weee!! *giggle*

Thanks for the info. I live in Buena Park. Close enough I should know this, but sadly I don't. lol :) Thank ya!

PZB
05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
lol...it's all good....I've worked at DIsneyland for 5 years, (and I live right down the street) so I'm well versed in the area. If anyone needs to know where anything else is, drop me a line here or a PM. (hotels, food, etc, etc....I am the human travel guide for the area.....)

kyuuketsuki
05-20-2003, 02:52 PM
invasion???? sounds like fun....sides, it'll give me a chance 2 meet some cosplayers in the area^^ so yup, count me in on the fun ^^ dunno what costume i'll b in but i'll wear something fun so i can join in on scaring the 'normal people'

RoseDuelist
05-20-2003, 09:20 PM
*giggle* Yay Kyuu! This is great.. ^^ It'll be fun. *imagines scaring all the Disney tourists* AHAHA!

MedeaManson
05-24-2003, 05:33 PM
kyuuketsuki was telling me about this whole Denny's invasion. And so far it sounds like it'd be really fun (and extremely amusing to see non-otaku's faces when over a dozen cosplayers come into Denny's XD)!

I'd love to join all of you, if that's alright?

**^_^** ::sparkles::

RoseDuelist
05-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Of course Medea! ^_^ Expect an IM from me when things are finalized. Probably near the beginning or Middle of June. I'll PM all of you with Info.

DHB
05-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm already in the list, but I haven't precised which costume I will take into the restaurant. I think Zidane will do the trick... hehehehehehe :D just to see those people's faces when I'll wag my tail in front of them!

RoseDuelist
05-25-2003, 04:47 PM
XD Coolness! I'll probably be Dita. Not sure though.

MedeaManson
05-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks a bunch~!

^_~

SohjiroX
05-26-2003, 08:15 PM
count me on the list, I will try and go as either yuki from FB or Leon from RE4

jen_kat
05-27-2003, 02:33 AM
I was just wondering...

If this is gonna be a big group of people eating, how are we gonna do the paying? Each person keeps tab of their own food and how much their food costs, and throw in the tip?

I'm only wondering this because each time I go out to eat with a large amount of people, (to me that would be more than 4), I'm the only one that keeps tab of the cost of what I get, and everyone else always ends up short of the money that is needed to pay the bill and gratuity.

So, could I suggest we all, when there, have a list go around with what we want to get, (the list which we'll keep), so that each person knows what they have to pay?

Eeh.... I feel really awkward suggesting this.... T-T

RoseDuelist
05-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks jen_kat. I had thought of it, but hadn't brought it up. I figured we could do what you said, or just order by table. Like, 4-6 people per table would split that particular bill, etc. Each table decides if they go dutch, split it evenly, or if somebody there has a rich uncle, load it on one person... lol! J/k on the last one..

Any other suggestions on how to go about this? And any idea where we should all meet?! I mean, I don't know the convention hall that well.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-27-2003, 10:55 PM
hmm..I think we should meet in front of the restaurant at the appointed time. I haven't cheked this thread in a while, so can someone remind me what time is the meeting time?

jen_kat
05-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Eeps.. I don't know what the meeting time is either...
But I think it would be easier for us to meet in a centralized meeting place that wasn't the restaurant. I mean, what if some people don't know how to get there? (Like me - I'd get lost anyways..) 'Cept I don't know where... ^^;;

RoseDuelist
05-27-2003, 11:06 PM
99% chance it will be within an hour after opening ceremonies. I sort of wanted to walk down there all together, so I would prefer to meet at the convention center. Walking down the street was the key idea.. but if certain people want to be there ahead of us, sure.

Anybody know the convention center well enough to suggest a place well?

Oh! I had another idea about paying. We could all pay 6-8 bucks (after looking at how much your meal cost that is) and all the extra cash could be a tip. That would make them real happy. lol.

RoseDuelist
05-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Yeah, what jen said. I want to shock the restraunt workers anyway. If we trickle in, no shock! lol! XD XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Rose-chan: ok. hmm..well at the entrance of the convention center is fine by me. I'll get a map and be there. ^_^

RoseDuelist
05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
I hope there isn't more than one enterance. Can somebody find a map and put a link to it up? I'll take the picture and make a BIG RED "X" right where we should meet. lol!

I'd do it right now, but I'm on a friends computer, so I can't do much. :) If nobody finds it before I get home, I'll just search for it myself. :P *feels lazy* :D

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Sure it's friday right? (the first day of the con)... What time (est) would it be?

Count me in :)

Ina
05-29-2003, 08:55 PM
it's thursday not friday

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 01:30 AM
Doh. I forget. Ok, maybe I'll be there ;)

Hounddog310
05-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Hmm.. the chance to get food.... and Freek people out eh? hehe... sounds fun... ^_^ Umm.. I dont know exactly what days Im going.. but I want to go to them all... If not Ill just go the frist day...

MedeaManson
05-30-2003, 03:43 AM
Hey, is it okay if I bring 4 other cosplayers with me? Can I just sign them up here?

And its on a Thursday? Of the...what? Like when's the specific date and time? ^_^

Don't mind me... I'm feeling outta the loop today. All answers will be muchly appriciated... cuz I'm confusing myself... (again).

Thanks! ::blushes bright red::

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 04:01 AM
Yeah. like mondo cosplayers walking into a denny's unannounced XD

That'll be good. If I do come my bro's sure to be with me, no reason he wouldn't be.

PZB
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Well, if it's the first day of con, it'll be the 3rd (they would make me work that day too, birthday or not....grrrrr)

RoseDuelist
05-31-2003, 12:51 PM
It's Thursday, July 3rd. First day of the con, right after opening ceremonies. That is noon-ish. It may be before, or after. I have NO IDEA how long opening ceremonies are.

We will be calling ahead, just so they are ready for us, but I'm not telling them what we look like. *evil laughter*

RoseDuelist
05-31-2003, 01:02 PM
I have a map of the convention center and I am going to put a mark showing where we meet.. but does anybody know what room the opening ceremonies are going to be in?

Here is the map: http://www.anime-expo.org/images/location-AX2003parkmap.jpg

Ina
05-31-2003, 01:06 PM
it should be somewhere like a theatre with a stage and stuff ^^;;

RoseDuelist
05-31-2003, 01:37 PM
lol! Duh! I just don't know what room that is. I am thinking it's the "Arena", but I want somebody else to confirm this.

Suzushichan
06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm not gonna' be there until the 4th...and...DDR @ MY HOTEL ROOM!!!!!!!! (somewhere at the parkside hotel) I'll have more info later! ^_^:crylaugh:

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 09:55 PM
lolololol rose. Good idea! The 3rd? I'm positive we'll be there.

Ya know the way things are going this is going to be nuts. I want to go to the expo at least 2 days, my bro wants to go to disney parks 1 day each (and there's 2), and the way I see it we leave on the 1st, come back the 6th.

That's going to be a disaster when it comes to the 4th of july weekend tho, man did the people who decided on AXs' dates make a huuuuge mistake!!!

RoseDuelist
06-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Heh heh. It's always 4th of July Weekend. What's cool though is that we get to see Disneylands HUUUUUUUUGE fireworks show for free. Hmmm.. maybe we should have a Fireworks gathering. I'd arrange it, but I'm working hard enough on this one as it is.

Yggdrasil Pie
06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Wow...another gathering...this time with fireworks...

*dreams*

*_*

RoseDuelist
06-04-2003, 10:06 PM
lol. I can't plan it though. Somebody here want to? lol.. I'm dead tired planning this one as it is (counting people, having to call ahead, picking a place to meet, etc..)

Suzushichan
06-04-2003, 11:41 PM
How about all the cosplayers just gather on the roof of the convention center and watch in awe...then we go play ddr a the hotel room!^_^ *sigh* but I still have to go buy a new better dance pad cause my crappy $20 one broke... >_<
I'm gonna' spend half of this week's paycheck on a good high-quality one.^_^ one that won't brake after a few uses (even if those uses are hours at a time...heh.heh...) ^_^'

Yggdrasil Pie
06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
We can go on the roof?! XD

Suzushichan
06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
well, yeah...Last time I was in Aniheim (about a month ago) I checked out the convention center just to get the feel of things.
So, yeah! To the roof we shall go! then to my hotel room for ddr!^_^!

Asmaria
06-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I dunno... I'd like to try to go, it depends what my friends are doing though. I guess I'm tentative. ^^;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Suzushichan
well, yeah...Last time I was in Aniheim (about a month ago) I checked out the convention center just to get the feel of things.
So, yeah! To the roof we shall go! then to my hotel room for ddr!^_^!

hmmmm....hopefully I'll be wried enough by then lol XD

PZB
06-07-2003, 06:23 PM
You can actually get on the roof of that place? (Obviously, there's a flat area I've not seen....given the fact that I used to ride my bike to work through there every day two summers ago, that's pretty pathetic. :D)

Suzushichan
06-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Wired, huh? Well, If not I'm bringin' a bunch of pocky, and japanese candy, and stuff....but I don't know if it'll last til then...oh, well there's always the free coffee at the hotel and....SUGAR!!!>O<

RoseDuelist
06-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Well, if somebody wants to open up their room for that on July 4th for fireworks, I'm totally there. ^.^

Suzushichan
06-08-2003, 04:13 PM
um...I think ya' misunderstood.^_^ First we'll watch the fireworks from the convention center roof top, then we'll go play DDR @ the hotel room!!!^_^

RoseDuelist
06-08-2003, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can get to the convention center roof. Last I checked it looked like a dome, but the back part might have something. I don't know actually.

Local hotel's have rooves though, at least a few do that are accessable.

PZB
06-08-2003, 06:14 PM
You really shouldn't even need to get up on a rooftop. (Yeah, the Anaheim Convention Center is domed....that's why I was confused. :D) You can see the fireworks from miles around (and I do mean miles) so I don't see the need to get up on a rooftop.

The only thing missing will be the music.

Suzushichan
06-09-2003, 01:13 AM
In the back it's flat...u can get up there fine...then we can go play DDR!!^O^!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Suzushichan:how do you know? you actually climbed the roof? lol XD

Suzushichan
06-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Well, like the upper level of the convention center here; there's a place where you can go out some doors and you're on the roof!!!^_^! well.sorta...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Suzushichan:cool. Thanks for the info, I think lol

Suzushichan
06-10-2003, 01:55 PM
no problem...hmm...does anyone know if any "Wakka's" are going to be at anime expo?

RoseDuelist
06-13-2003, 01:36 AM
Suzushi: I have no idea. I don't know of any...

Anyway... pick a time and a place to meet... cuz I have no idea how to get on the roof! loL!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Rose-chan: I think you should do a roll call before AX just to make sure who's coming. That way you'll have a list of people who's going to come and all that

RoseDuelist
06-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Exactly. I was thinking about doing it via PM. Does anybody know what room it's going to be in?! The map is a few pages back. I need to know so I can pick a meeting spot.

Oh, and do not forget the signs. ;)

I also planned on getting little name tags with our screen names on it. My boyfriend wants to be in charge of that one though.

I've got things planned. lol. I just need a couple things from you though. Info on where it is? Where to meet possibly?

Suzushichan
06-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Lets meet at 6:00pm out in front of the convention center then I'll take it from there...^_^

RoseDuelist
06-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Alright. We can use the same location I am going to use.

I figure this is a good enough location. It's right out on Katella outside of the big dome.

Let's not forget our sign. ^_~ I'm going to make mine next weekend. Blue lady, I think, is making the other.

RoseDuelist
06-14-2003, 01:34 PM
lol! Oh yeah, it's the big red "X". lol! ^_^

RoseDuelist
06-14-2003, 02:08 PM
... *comes back half an hour later*.... check.. your... PM's....

I sent out a reminder to everybody.... *collapses*

Ymecy
06-14-2003, 08:05 PM
RoseBuelist can you add me to the list??

hehe i'll be there with Ina ^_^

RoseDuelist
06-15-2003, 02:10 PM
SEVENTEEN PEOPLE CONFIRMED!! And I just sent the notices out yesterday/

Ymecy, I just sent you one, so just RSVP through that and it's all good. ^_^ The list on the front message was the list of people I was going to PM. lol! So it's useless now that I've done it... XD XD XD

See you there!

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 03:12 PM
Alright, I've started keeping an updated list of CONFIRMED people in my journal. @_@' Yeah... I'm bored..

Just in case you want to keep track and such that is where the list is. ^_^

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Ok! I just got word that opening ceremonies won't end until 1:30 so that's a bit later than we had planned. I hope that is ok with everybody.

JoeBoeing
06-16-2003, 03:42 PM
I have a question... how far is the Denny's?.. not in blocks but miles (1/2 mile and what not). I plan on making it still but my feet can't handle a lot of walking.

Thanks,
Joe

RoseDuelist
06-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Hmm.. I'd say between 1/4 and 1/2 miles. I haven't measured it, but it's just down the street. You only have to cross one street to get there. I use to do it all the time when I went to Disneyland.

Ymecy
06-19-2003, 12:51 PM
~wheeee~

can't wait!!! ^-^

RoseDuelist
06-24-2003, 12:23 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!! YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ok, well, the end of opening ceremonies is about 2:00!! If you don't read this thread and show up and get impatient that we aren't there, I've done all I can do now. So let's hope people read this or at least are told. ^_^; Should I PM everybody again? Or is this fine?

gmontem
06-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Is Denny's one of those franchises that give a free meal on your birthday? If so then count me in! :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-24-2003, 03:40 PM
George: I think they do or something lol XD

gmontem
06-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Whoo hoo! Think they'll sing me a birthday song and give me a free slice of a cake/pie, too? lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Geprge: I think all of the people who's going to this might do you the favor. the cake, that's a different matter lol XD

RoseDuelist
06-24-2003, 05:27 PM
gmontem, I sent you a PM about it and you have 4 days to respond to it to guarantee you a spot. I take it you know Ryu, so you probably already know a little about this. You MUST RSVP. I'm calling ahead, so yeah..

Check your PM's and respond BEFORE Friday.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Rose-chan: you did sent me a PM and I already confirmed that I'm going :D

RoseDuelist
06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I have you down. I was refering to gmontem. ^_^

gmontem
06-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I sent you a PM, RoseDuelist. Count me in. Here's hoping I don't have to use the Pepto Bismal that day. ^^;

Michi
06-27-2003, 07:45 AM
I don't wanna read 10 pages... x_x Um, the AX schedule is up, with opening ceremonies times... So when is this gonna be? ^_^;

Ina
06-27-2003, 10:56 AM
right after the opening cereamonies, at 2:00 ^_^ we'll all meet outside/infront of the convention center ^^

Michi
06-27-2003, 10:57 AM
2 pm.. I think I'll be at the con by then.. If so, count me and Zot in. ^_^;

JoeBoeing
06-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Rose-chan... you have me down for this, right? I told you in the IM that I'm going but I just want to make sure.

Take care all,
Joe

gmontem
06-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Michi, you need to PM RoseDuelist if you want to reserve for 2 people.

JoeBoeing, I saw your name listed on the first page of this thread so I think you're covered.

Famira Damaris
06-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Wow, sounds like a lot of people are coming. XD

Asmaria
06-27-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm still going! I found out my friends will be busy, so I definitely can come. I think I'm gonna show up in my Sora costume. >=D

Ina
06-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Wow, sounds like a lot of people are coming. XD

the more the better XDDD

RoseDuelist
06-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok, THE OFFICIAL LIST OF PEOPLE IS IN MY LIVE JOURNAL. The first page of this thread means didly crap.

And THE OFFICIAL MAP IS IN MY GALLERY.

I am about to go and update the official list in my journal right now.

Michi, I'll send you a PM first with all the info, but you are a special circumstance since this is the LAST DAY TO RSVP! I'm putting you down now for two, but this is the absolute last day to RSVP.

*sigh* lol, I'm not yelling out of anger.. I'm yelling out of stress. lol! ^^;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Rose-chan: what's your live journal url?

RoseDuelist
06-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh it's the journal here at Cosplay.com. I forget how to find it NOW, but go to my bio, photo gallery, or costume page and at one of those a journal button will appear at the top. When Admin updated he forgot to add it again I guess.. sort of sucks.

Let me see if I can find it..

RoseDuelist
06-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Here: http://forums.cosplay.com/journal.php?action=view&journalid=1430

Ina
06-27-2003, 03:22 PM
yeah i had trouble looking for it too ^^;; the link was actually at the very very bottom of your extended profile page

RoseDuelist
06-27-2003, 03:24 PM
OH! Wow, thanks. I didn't even see that for a while. It's so hard to find! lol! Maybe somebody should bring that up to Admin for his next update. Then again, maybe he did it on purpose.. who knows.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks Rose-chan :D

gmontem
06-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Ok, THE OFFICIAL LIST OF PEOPLE IS IN MY LIVE JOURNAL. The first page of this thread means didly crap.

Now that's one way to get people to read your Live Journal. lol. But wow, I feel special now after seeing my name on someone's list. :cool:

Ina
06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
i just checked AX's schedule, and it says that the opening ceramonies will end at 12:00. if they don't change the time, again, when should we meet/leave? 12:30 perhaps? (if the time doesn't change of crouse.)

http://www.animeexpo.org/files/LPSchedule-v3.0.pdf

thats the link to the schedule.

Velvy
06-27-2003, 08:45 PM
I would, but I'll be going with 5 other guys. And they won't let me make decisions. And I don't wanna go in alone. ^_^; But you might see me there if I convince them :D and if you do you all have to yell "Velvyyyy" -- I'll be the one with the blonde and blue-streaked hair. ^_^;

Okay? Okay o.o *runs out of thread* !!!

Suzushichan
06-27-2003, 10:01 PM
heh. i'm still not gonna be there until the 4th of july. ^_^
oh well, one of the days really REALLY late (or early depending on how you look at it) look 4 me around 2 or 3 am at one of the 24 hour anime anime things as Vash handing out free donuts! @O@!

RoseDuelist
06-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh my gosh Ina.. this is getting ridiculous. Now I have to PM EVERYBODY again.. -_-()

Would anybody like to volunteer to help send out this message to everybody that is listed in my live journal (excluding the word's "Guest" of course), because I am on a tight schedule.

I'll type it of course. I just need people to send it.

Ina
06-28-2003, 09:47 PM
i'll help!!! ^_^ i have too much time in my hands, i just finished my obi, so i could help ^_^ just tell me what to type (this reply is a bit late, so if you haven't sent out the PMs already just pm me what to type) ^^;;;

RoseDuelist
06-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Check your PM's hon.. ^^;;

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... *ahem* and, oh yeah, thank you.

My schedule is so tight I am hardly online for more than 15 minutes.

Ina
06-29-2003, 01:54 PM
ok, i already sent all the PMs out, so everyone please check your PMs for the last update, thanks!

and no prob rose! ^^

Asmaria
06-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I've been trying for days to get the map in RoseDuelist's gallery to show up, but for some reason it won't load. Can someone email it to me at suupuuxiang@swordbreaker.com ? Thanks in advance. @_@;;

Meh. At least I saved the thumbnail.

Ina
06-29-2003, 07:09 PM
asmaria, i'll attach it here, and if you can't still see it, i'll e-mail it to you (to lazy to e-mail ^^;;)

Asmaria
06-30-2003, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much! *_* See ya there! :)

JoeBoeing
06-30-2003, 09:45 AM
So, we are meeting between the Arena and Katela Ave? I thought we were meeting infron of the Convention center.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 01:17 PM
That's what the map says. It is technically in front of the convention center if you think about it. Not in front of the enterance.

DEAR GOD! I Hope not everyone gets lost. O_O

cactusmomma
06-30-2003, 03:42 PM
count me and one other in!

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Uh.. Renegade, I already called.. If you aren't already on my list you might have to go in seperatly from us. Sorry. We'll see how it turns out, but the deadline was Friday. Sorry...

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Reservation Confirmed at Denny's. We've already shocked them. Wait until they see our costumes.. MWUHAHAHAHA!!!

lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Rose-chan: allright!! Time to scare the tourists! LOL XD

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 08:30 PM
This is one group those Denny's employees will NEVER forget.. lol! We should tip them well. XDD XD

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 09:07 PM
*L* We should get a huge group picture before and after. :P You've done an awesome job planning this and keeping track of everything, RoseDuelist.

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks, and definatly. I'm taking lots of pictures.

I've never planned something like this before. At least nothing this big. It totally rocks. :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:30 PM
well, I will learn now from the master lol Xd
Rose-chan: you going to the formal dance?

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Probably not. I have a lot of things scheduled. When is it? What day and time?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:34 PM
here it is, taken straight from the horses mouth lol XD:
AX Ballroom Dance!
Anaheim Marriott Orange County Ballrooms
8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Ack! I'm busy every single night. I have a birthday party on Thurs, AMV's on Fri, and Masquerade on Sat. Sorry..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Rose-chan: is ok. is all good lol XD

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 09:39 PM
What day? *considers it* I can't think of anything relatively formal, except my Camille costume. And I don't have a Four or a Fa or a Rosamia to take with me. :p Still...might be fun. Even though I can't waltz worth my life. e_e

Wah ha, Roseduelist - they must've choked when you told them how many were coming. XD

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah. His exact response was "oh.. big group.. big big group.."

lol!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Famira: AX Ballroom Dance!
Anaheim Marriott Orange County Ballrooms
8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

I need a date ;_;

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 09:46 PM
*L* But what day, Ryu? Friday, Thursday? Heh, I might check it out, despite my...er...lack of total coordination involving feet (I randomly trip multiple times during the day. xX).

Roseduelist: Mua ha. I'll get such a kick when we get there. XD I'll probably try to get the the meeting place early, since I have a horrible sense of direction and such. Eh heh...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Famira: It's friday. *still goes on looking for a date* LOL

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh, thanks. ^^ Hey, RoseDuelist, you listed me as having 2-3 people with me right?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Famira: No problem. :D I'm glad to be of service lol.

gmontem
06-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Famira Damaris
*L* We should get a huge group picture before and after. :P And from those before and after pics we will be able to find out who ate a lot and who didn't. ;)

RoseDuelist
06-30-2003, 09:58 PM
lol@gmontem.

And Famira, I'm sure I do. If not, I'm sure some are bound to cancel. ^_^ It'll all work out. Between 40-50 people are suppose to be coming. There may be more, there may be less. Who knows..

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 09:58 PM
*L* Too true. This is going to be so awesome - I remember my first AX - we ended up sitting from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM waiting for the Dealer's Hall to open. This will be much more fun. XD *has a big stupid grin on her face*

Kira_Yamato
06-30-2003, 10:01 PM
On the subject of the ballroom dance, does anyone know if we need to RSVP?

Famira Damaris
06-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Alright. Just seeing if I could fit some people. I should, since my sister backed out, so I've got empty "slots". *pause* Ew...that sounds wrong for some reason. XD

Kira has a point: do we need to RSVP? Urk...I was going to do Haku Friday, but I guess I'll be changing midway through to Camille for the Cosplay.com gathering and I guess for the dance. :P Gotta sucker someone into letting me put my Haku costume in their room for that time. *stares around* OO Any volunteers? XD;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-30-2003, 10:05 PM
I don't think you do. you just show up and that's it.

Famira Damaris
07-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Ooh, super-nifty. Wa ha...I have to make the sign for the Gundam gathering today. :p *bumps the thread*

cactusmomma
07-01-2003, 05:42 PM
eh...make that 2-3 for me...not sure if one more would be joining :x

RoseDuelist
07-02-2003, 01:39 AM
RENEGADE. Sorry, but as I have said, the deadline was last friday. I have already called, so you are waaaaaaaaaaay late. If you are going, you have to just hope someone doesn't show up because we are full. Read back a few pages.

RoseDuelist
07-02-2003, 02:32 AM
OH MY GOSH! I AM STILL GETTING IM"S CONFUSED ABOUT THE MEETING SPOT!! READ THE THREAD PEOPLE!! LOOK AT MY GALLERY! READ THE PM'S I"VE SENT YOU!! IT"S JUST THAT SIMPLE!

Oi.. sorry.. getting frustrated. 35 hours to go...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Rose-chan: well, I already know where I'm meeting you guys, but i'm printing the map out just in case along with the cosplay groups gathering list.

RoseDuelist
07-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Coolness. I have the map too. ^_^

pakachu420
07-03-2003, 03:51 AM
D'oh!! >_<!!
this is the first time i actually noticed this thread!

lol
pakachu is a lame-arse
^^;;;;

gmontem
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Despite the 38 no-shows (please explain yourself; it's impolite to make a commitment and not go, and we went to great lengths to try to find people to fill-in the available seats, even if they were not cosplay.com members), I had a great time at the Denny's Gathering. Even the frolicking was fun. lol. Hope to see another gathering next year. Oh and someone post some piccies, pls. :)

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, 38 NO SHOWS!! That was extremly rude. I had printed out name tags for everybody and that cost me money. If you weren't going to show up, don't RSVP. That cost me cash. Not to mention I made the reservation. I PMed everybody numerous times. I posted the map several times. There was no reason so many people couldn't have shown...

*is a bit bitter*

Michi
07-07-2003, 09:10 PM
38? Oh my gosh, now I feel even worse... I have a good excuse, though. We meant to leave NorCal at 4 am on Thursday to arrive in time for this, but the car broke down Wednesday night. We had to wait for stores to open to buy new parts, and after it was fixed that morning we finally left AT 12 pm. I think that's a good excuse as any.. I missed the entire Thursday of AX because of driving all day. n.n;

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that is a good excuse. But yeah.. 38 no shows..

Michi
07-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Did it go okay anyway? How many did show?

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 09:37 PM
12 people showed up that RSVPed, and we ran into tydawgsd, so that made 13. Then there were a few tag alongs that we recruited when running around with our sign "frolicing". It was a cute Inu Yasha family. ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-07-2003, 09:37 PM
well, at least we had fun and that's what it counted right?

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah... it was fun. ^_^

gmontem
07-07-2003, 10:49 PM
And I managed to get one of the guys to give me a free root beer refill for my root beer float. lol :drink:

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 10:52 PM
That was great. ^_^ gmontem, you were the girl I went frolicing with right? I'm so confused on the names and such... lol! That was a blast. :D We have to do that again next year..

Famira Damaris
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Heh, I remember sweltering on the way there and back. And my sister turned into the umbrella ho and managed to cram two more people under that thing. :P

JoeBoeing
07-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Greetings all,

I posted this pic in the AX picture thread but thought I'd upload it here to since this is the thread for it.

I myself had no idea of the layout of the convention center area and if weren't for my seeing Rose-chan with the sign leaving the CC I wouldv'e had no idea where to go to meet up.

I have to say though... this was the highlight of the con for me. It was a total blast and I might come to AX next year just to do it again.

Oh, Rose-chan... your Uncle is cool! and Famira-chan... I loved your hair color! It was cool and I hope that you can make it to AM this year so we can get a large Digimon gathering.

The serve wasn't as bad as people made it out to be but it took like 10 min for our waiter to take our orders.

The Inu Yasha family was really nice and I loved their costumes. I took their pic in the CC that morning but it didn't have a good read to the card and am missing the bottom of the pic so it's an Inu Yasha group without the Inu Yasha.

Michi-chan... I missed you the whole con. I wanted to chat woith you but I was always in a rush and I saw you like 2 times for 10 secs or so. I was told that you didn't briong your Athena so I hope that she comes to AM.

WEll, enjoy the pic..

FRom,
Joe

Famira Damaris
07-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Ooh, kickass picture, Joe! Heh, I didn't notice the sign either (mostly because I wasn't paying attention) and I was wondering why Ryu was suddenly veering off to the side. :P For a second, I thought he randomly lost control of his feet and was unable to walk in a straight line. I'm such a dork. *sweatdrop*

Joe - *L* I was traumatized after getting it bleached. It felt like my head was two seconds from frying right off. It came out, like, blue in the front, blue-green in the back. Ooh, I'll have to. I'm still sorry I couldn't do Kouji for AX. *grumbles*

gmontem
07-08-2003, 01:42 AM
That was great. ^_^ gmontem, you were the girl I went frolicing with right? I'm so confused on the names and such... lol! That was a blast. :D We have to do that again next year..
:eek: There was a guy there who frolicked with the sign at one time. That was me. lol.

Michi
07-08-2003, 01:43 AM
Joe ~ Ani-Magic will have Athena, yes. ^^ I want to sing Present Holiday from '98 for karaoke there.

Next year I hope I can join you guys!

Wyna Hiros
07-08-2003, 02:20 AM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

Hounddog310
07-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Yeah, 38 NO SHOWS!! That was extremly rude. I had printed out name tags for everybody and that cost me money. If you weren't going to show up, don't RSVP. That cost me cash. Not to mention I made the reservation. I PMed everybody numerous times. I posted the map several times. There was no reason so many people couldn't have shown...

*is a bit bitter*

*covers eyes* I was only 2 hours late!! forgive me.. I was half awake and I had my Wires Crossed... V_V;;
:thumbsup:

Yggdrasil Pie
07-08-2003, 03:57 AM
I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T GO! T___T I planned to go, and me and my friends skipped the opening ceremony...so we kind of decided to wait at the Dennys...too bad we found out it was the wrong Denny's...X_X

RoseDuelist
07-08-2003, 11:43 AM
g~ Oh! Lol! I knew frolicing was involved.. ^^;; I wonder who the girl was.. *POKE!* Speak up if your here!

And for the rest of ya.... ^_~ Come next year k? lol!

Famira Damaris
07-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Heh heh, count me in definitely. I already pre-registered for Anime Expo 2004. XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-08-2003, 02:15 PM
yeah I'll be there too. I need to pre-reg when the pre-reg gets out the door. :D

jen_kat
07-08-2003, 08:45 PM
I'd been one of those no shows. *hides*
I had a good reason not to be there though. I was with my group of friends who are all minors, and only one of their parents was with us, and I being the only other non-minor there had to stay with them wherever they wanted to go. Thursday being the first day, and that mother being her strictest on that day, I couldn't detach myself away from the group for fear of being reprimanded. x_x

Next year, some of them will turn 18, so I'll be able to have more freedom. *hopes*

tydawgsd
07-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I will be there next year! Just need to Pre-Reg online when I get a chance.

MikigamiTokiya
07-09-2003, 01:42 AM
mah srry we missed it. got lost looking for you guys and went to the wrong dennys ><;;

gmontem
07-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Alright I think for next year's gathering the address of the dining establishment should be posted for the extremely late people. lol

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 02:24 AM
Probably. :P Hey, this is completely random, but didn't I see you taking a picture of what you got at Denny's? :P Gonna mount it or something? *squigs*

gmontem
07-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Yeah i did but I wanna get the other piccies done first. I got a pic of you drinking from the root beer float though. :p

Edit: Oh what the heck. Better to embarrass you now than later. How do I attach an image onto this message? lol

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 03:17 AM
Hmm...I guess just do it as an attachment, or just put it in your gallery and link it or something. *blinks* Hey, are you sure you've got the right twin? :P Because I did Camille Vidan (the blue outfit) and my sister Wyna did Vincent Valentine.

gmontem
07-09-2003, 03:21 AM
Oh I see. I can't attach a file when editting. It has to be a new post.

And yeah I got the right person. I don't think your sister drinks her root beer float like that. j/k :p

Wyna Hiros
07-09-2003, 03:26 AM

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh my God...*cries* Jeez, I look like I'm about to marry the rootbeer. XD

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 04:56 PM
I now pronounce you root beer and wife. :)

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 05:41 PM
*L* That's evil. ;P

Eh...on a more serious note, I really did have fun. In my opinion, while our group was small, it was better than, I think, having overwhelming numbers. *blinks*

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, too bad people were so shy.. ^^;; I tended to stick with the people I came with rather than talking with new people. Oh well.. I met a coupe of you and such.

Kotenkou
07-09-2003, 06:16 PM
that was great!!! Wyra sorry for taking the umbrella ^^ but it was sooooo hoooooot. Especially in that turtle neck... stupid Trowa and his stupid hair and stupid clothes >< oh well... everyone was so nice and that Inu Yasha family was cuuuuuute ^^ . I had fun;... can't wait 'til next year

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah, too bad people were so shy.. ^^;; I tended to stick with the people I came with rather than talking with new people. Oh well.. I met a coupe of you and such.

Eh heh, I was sitting at the opposite end of the table, so I really didn't get to talk to you. ;_;

*L* Kotenkou - my sister probably didn't mind. She's been backpack ho - I think umbrella ho is pretty much the same to her. :P

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
*glomps Kotenkou* Yay! You joined.. My Denny's Invasion has recruited you here. I KNEW IT! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!! *runs around all weird like*

*ahem* Forgive me.. I'm happy your here and that was my weird way of welcoming you..

Wyna Hiros
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 06:22 PM
This is completely random - well, there's a little connection - but since there was frolicking...why not a mass group frolick next time? :P Imagine a whole group frolicking down the sidewalk. XD And yes, I was getting stabbed - half the time almost in my EYES! *cry*

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 06:26 PM
YAY! Next year!! AX04 COSPLAY.COM FROLIC!! lol! That'd be fun.. and we'd all die from the heat, but oh well.. lol

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 06:28 PM
But the thing is...we would be FROLICKING. :p Actually, I expected Denny's to be further. I think, since AX 04 is going to be in Anaheim again, things will probably proceed better off. Especially since many of us will know where everything is this time.

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
yeah, hopefully people won't get lost. I won't be calling ahead for that many people though. I'll take an educated guess next time..

Kotenkou
07-09-2003, 07:49 PM
frolic....THAT'D BE UBER GREAT! except for the whole sun bearing down on your neck heat madness. You're not an umbrella ho Wyra...you're a generous person ::noddle:: I thank ye! anyway... I'll be sure to go to this frolic...

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Kotenkou, you going to Ani-magic? Maybe we can get some frolicing done there. lol.. My cosplay troupe is going.. we're trying to get a skit together.. yayness and such...

Wyna Hiros
07-09-2003, 07:55 PM

tydawgsd
07-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Hmm, I don't know if frolicking will be part of what character I will be. There is always the evil vampire from Yami no Matsuei (my friend tricked me into watching it) Despit its Shounen-Ainess I actually enjoyed the series, and the bad guy was just so evil.

Wyna Hiros
07-09-2003, 08:39 PM

Famira Damaris
07-09-2003, 08:57 PM
It would be downright awesome, if completely out of character. Muraki is cool...but his motive isn't. He was cool up until you found out "why" and then you pretty much do a double-take. xX; Ha, I didn't get to frolic, so I think it'd be fun. :p I'm going to try to go to Ani-Magic.