PDA

View Full Version : there is no spoon, Neo...

Lady Somairot
05-05-2003, 10:21 PM
anyone making Matrix costumes for the premiere???

cos i really really really really really really wanna make a Trinity costume *pout* and the perfect fabric is on sale too... (bad Brittany! too much other stuff to do!!)

*pulls out hair*

just wondered if anyone else was contemplating such activity. well, not pulling out your hair... *hehehe* the costumes, silly person!

^_~

Ukayoru no Chou
05-06-2003, 12:42 AM
<---- ( Later said Glasses ) I should jack someones trench coat and slick my hair back and grab the glasses. Bwhahahha xD

Garuda_Aiacos
05-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Will see what my wallet will say about this . . .

And I need a short hair wig to pull this off if I go on with my desire. :p

makio
05-06-2003, 02:43 AM
I would've done Morpheus, but I'm growing my hair out... so I guess the next choice is Ghost, if you haven't "casted" him already. :thumbsup:

Giant Alucard
05-06-2003, 07:39 AM
I would've went as Morpheus....... but i have no trench coat, LOL. And I'm not sure it would be a good idea to shave my head bald, but it would be silky smooth though. I'll have to hyjack my friends trench coat for a con or wear a buisness suit and say I'm some random agent.

Padme Skywalker
05-06-2003, 01:51 PM
I am working on my Trinity costume for the Matrix 2 premier. I have to buy some sunglasses still. If I have extra $$, I'll buy a wig. What kind of problems are you having?

Giant Alucard
05-07-2003, 07:43 AM
The only real problem is the amount of cash I'd have to spend for a good leather trench coat, Especially one in my size (I'm a big guy *sigh*). I already have the sunglasses and I don't really need a wig, so I may have to bum a coat that i need off one of my friends.

LadyXenie
05-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Okay so now I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking about dressing up...Fortunately I already have everything I need in closet..Just have to get my hair right...^_^

Padme Skywalker
05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
I got to thrift stores when I cant make or find anythings in retail stores...I need to make a dark gray leather vest to fiinish off my star wars costume so I need to go to a thrift store & buy a leather jacket for 10 bucks. Much cheaper than buying it by the yard!

jade_dragon
05-08-2003, 06:04 PM
im doing my own thing i am thankful for my rebel days and still have my trench coat laying around

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=39038&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3533

Garuda_Aiacos
05-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Okay, I should be dressed up as one of The Matrix Reloaded characters this Friday (May 16th, when it's officially released here). Now I need a similar shade and a wig. :D And the attitude. :D

Padme Skywalker
05-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I went to look at wigs yesterday & they looked horrible...well for Trinity anyway. So I'm going to get my hair layered today & I will just pull my hair back, use black gel & bobby pin my top layer behind my ears.

I still need sunglasses. I'm gonna get them today. Check out this link:
MATRIX 2 SUNGLASSES (http://www.matrix2sunglasses.com/mat2sun.html)

Garuda_Aiacos
05-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, is there any "The Matrix" Costuming Mailing List or Forum around?

Padme Skywalker
05-10-2003, 02:21 AM
I am not sure....but if anybody would like to cosplay at the Matrix premier in the San francisco bay area...please post here....
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12183

Lady Somairot
05-10-2003, 04:28 AM
i'm not actually having problems making the costume, i'm just being frustrated because i really really want to do it but have much too much too much too much going on besides it.

@_@ silly time! *kicks time in the head*

Garuda_Aiacos
05-10-2003, 12:13 PM
How about try for the other clothings they wore? I got a Maroon t-shirt that shun for the collar (turtleneck), can pass off as Morpheus's.

Padme Skywalker
05-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Well I think people wear the clothes they wear inside the Matrix because they are recognized more.

Garuda_Aiacos
05-17-2003, 11:35 PM
So how did everyone's The Matrix Reloaded Screening went?

Mine was okay; one other friend tried to dress up as Neo from The Matrix while 2 others as random Captains. Will post the photos as soon as they are developed and scanned. :p Other than us, I heard at least 3 others dressed up the day before for the sneak previews (one was a fellow cosplayer while the other a fellow SW FanForce member).

Now I'm tempted to upgrade my coat to be more screen accurate! :D

Padme Skywalker
05-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Mine went great here in SF. about 10 Matrix cosplayers showed & we all took picture. There was media there & some photography took pics as well. I will post the link soon & also wait for my pics to get developed. I will show them soon ^_^

Chanel

BassistsTears
05-18-2003, 07:30 AM
I was going to dress up to see the matrix... I didn't have any money sadly... But I am gonna do it for the next one ^_^ Trinity all the way~;)

Padme Skywalker
05-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Cool...Do you have your costume yet? The good thing is the Revolutions is coming out in 4 months so making a costume is worth it...I will post pics of my costume soon. If anyone is interested..I bought a lot of them so I could get a price break. They are vinyl catsuits long sleeved..contact me if interested..... Good luck with the costume :)

daria_jack
05-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I really wanna make Trinity's trench coat for the November premiere, but I'm not tell and thin so that's not gonna happend. But I think I might do Neo's jacket, I love it it's so cool

Garuda_Aiacos
05-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by daria_jack
I really wanna make Trinity's trench coat for the November premiere, but I'm not tell and thin so that's not gonna happend. But I think I might do Neo's jacket, I love it it's so cool

Neither am I but I still go ahead. The thing is IMHO, all 3 Trench Coat (plus the twins) from Reloaded are pretty forgiving and could hide the fact that you're fat (as long as not too fat) or short or not male. ;) Trinity Bodysuit isn't, so IMHO, I prefer not to see someone who is very "plus" size wearing it (and of course, that means I'm totally out for it too! :thumbsup: ).

After much consideration, I gonna get a new one done for mine cause there is one very obvious thing wrong with it. :bigcry: Well, there is still time as it's 5 more month to Revolution. :D

(No, I haven't developed my photos yet :( )

daria_jack
05-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah well I'm not really big and I really want Trinty's coat, not the body suit. I don't think sitting inside a cinema for two and a half hour in latex is so nice either...

Chino-San
05-28-2003, 07:17 PM
I didn't dress up for the premere but for revolution i shall do that ^_^

Caryn
05-28-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna try and do Trinity for Revolutions. I'd actually prefer to do Niobe, if I had the right skin color ^^ But ah well! Trinity still rules!!

Padme Skywalker
05-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Color matters not! Lol...I think you should do Niobe! The hair style is color & Burgandy snake skin....I mean that would be awesome.
BTW....I going to add my Matrix pics right now....

Caryn
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Yay! I think I will do her...her outfit is so awesome and I looove her sunglasses ^___^ Only problem is the hair...mine is kinda long >.< I don't think it's possible to do a wig like that...

Btw your pics are great!! :)

Padme Skywalker
05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
I havent put them all up yet...I am lazy...
As for your hair.....its doable...Either you have to double (or triple) it when u loop it or loop it once all over and pull the access in a bun in the back where nobody can see it...well when taking pictures that is....sorry to rample on..I love doing peoples hair :D..Please keep me posted on your progress!

Garuda_Aiacos
10-27-2003, 03:02 AM
Chanel, we are going to miss you. :bigcry: Never again will we see you don that beautiful Trinity Suit of yours but we know you have gone to a better place. :lost: Rest in peace friend . . .

For those who haven't notice:
R.I.P Chanel aka PadmeSkywalker
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23499
(Do post your Condolences there)