PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued Manga!

Setsuna22
05-06-2003, 03:26 PM
I hate it when stuff like this happens!

I've been collecting a series called "Seraphic Feather" And after I bought the 3rd volume (which is to be continued...) I went to look fo rthe fourth, of course! Well, It hasn't been released, and I can't find any info on the release of a fourth book, so I'm guessing it's discontinued. Unless anybody here knows something that I don't...

The same thing happened with "Island."

lialia
05-06-2003, 04:00 PM
ive been waiting for utena volume3 to come out for like 7 months :/

videogirlc
05-06-2003, 07:57 PM
I would try to Email the publisher to see whats up. Utena is being published by Viz and they take forever to get anything printed.

Setsuna22
05-06-2003, 09:50 PM
yeah! What a pain in the butt! BTW Utena Rocks.
Why can't they just commit to what they are publishing! Would someone please think about the people, and not the profits!!!!! (I wish -_-*)

ChibiRinoa
05-07-2003, 07:19 AM
aww! Seraphic Feather is a cool manga! i dont want it to go away :( and ive been waiting a while for Utena too, and i got into the series a few months ago before book 2 was out, and i had to wait for that too 0.0 its driving me nuts!

zephy
05-07-2003, 08:17 AM
As videogirlc mentioned, Viz is very slow with releasing their titles -_- There was an 8 month delay, I believe , between Utena v. 1 and utena v. 2. (1 was released Jan. 2002 and 2 in aug 2002) but dont fear, the 3rd volume of the Utena manga is due to be released on May 20th , I believe, so you dont have THAT much longer to wait!

As for Seraphic Feather, I believe the 3rd volume was only released in march, so I say wait a few months before you give up on it.

Kirschwasser
05-08-2003, 11:34 AM
I wonder when Alichino's 4th volume is coming out. It's been forever since 3 was published. Same with Yami No Matsuei! Why has there not been any other volumes? There have been enough chapters in Hana to Yume to make volumes 12-14.
Seraphic Feather? I have never heard of such a manga. Is it shoujo or shounen? Who is the mangaka? Er...perhaps I should just look it up, ne?

JustinCredible
05-08-2003, 12:58 PM
I wonder if Viz has any relation to Kevin Smith or Joe Mad... they seem to share similar release traits!

Hotaru's Sister
05-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Don't forget, both Utena and Seraphic Feather are being released monthly (in Animerica Extra and Super Manga Blast respectively) so you can always get it like that. Neither Dark Horse nor Viz focus on graphic novels so they aren't released on a very regular basis. Viz is switching alot of their stuff to just graphic novels now though. I'd say within this year the majority of manga companies will be releasing graphic novels like Tokyopop does.

nekomi
05-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Utena should start getting out faster, due to Viz's recent changes in how they handle the monthly comic issues.

evilchii
05-21-2003, 02:05 PM
like hotaru's sister said, both utena and seraphic feather are being released monthly. that means it takes about 6 of those smaller issued to make one graphic novel. that means it's gonna be a half a year wait inbetween the releasing for the novels.

yeah, it's a long wait. i personally hate waiting 6 months for Blade of the Immortal novels to come out, especially now that the story is at it's climax.

however, sometimes stories go in and out of those monthly magazines like SMILE, which i have no idea if it is still being published. i remember peach girl used to be in it and when they took it out, the pg novels were being released much faster.

so make sure you go to the publisher's sites and check it out for updates on the release dates. just becasue it's been a while, it doesn't mean they'll just discontinue a comic that they've invested a lot of money into so no worries ^_^ .

Toka_pop
06-04-2003, 03:07 AM
The same thing happened with "Island."
Island was discontinued? I thought they finished the story at volume 7, with only the novels left to go.

nemesae
06-04-2003, 05:47 AM
I am not sure but I believe Seraphic Feather was created by a guy called Utatane something.. I'm not sure though ^_^" He was first a hentai artist, which I'm sure people familiar with the art of Seraphic Feather would notice, thougth Seraphic Feather itself is no hentai

evilchii
06-04-2003, 04:28 PM
yeah, Island wasn't discontinued. it ended with 7 and there might be something to follow it up however, i dunno, i was confused after reading the author notes in the back of the last novel but is there more to the story??

and yes, Seraphic Feather is drawn by Hiroyuki Utadane but the story was created by Yo Morimoto.

I dunno how long ago but i know that the sixth Seraphic Feather has come out in Japan and i don't think they're discontinuing it any time soon in America

Toka_pop
06-05-2003, 03:28 PM
yeah, Island wasn't discontinued. it ended with 7 and there might be something to follow it up however, i dunno, i was confused after reading the author notes in the back of the last novel but is there more to the story??
I think they're just going back to the orgins of Pan and Miho's past, maybe a bit more about John's parents, and then carrying thru to a new story line. Yay! I'm glad there are other Island fans out there. It's one of my favs.