PDA

View Full Version : Onnafest 2007 dates and location: ? New Jersey?

Karisu-sama
07-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Data unknown by me at this time. I have not found a current website.

TheAnarCHris
07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Data unknown by me at this time. I have not found a current website.

http://www.yuricon.org/events/07index.html

1-day deal. This board would probably be of better use from MangaNEXT (www.manganext.com) or New York Anime Fest (www.newyorkanimefestival.com).

eXo
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
This board would probably be of better use from MangaNEXT (www.manganext.com) or New York Anime Fest (www.newyorkanimefestival.com).

Make this for the NYAF PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakura
07-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't think this sub-forum should be nixed, I think it should just be re-named but not given to a totally different con >_>. It's Yuricon now and if there's a forum for Yaoicon then why not one for the genre's counterpart? After all, Onnafest was a combination of Shoujocon and Yuricon right?

I for one am attending this year with my girlfriend and I hope it's a success and that we'll see more Yuri events in the future.

KaineMaxwell
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Make it for either NYAF or MangaNEXT. NYAF preferably.

LadyHawke78
09-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Not that I have anything against Yuricon/Onnafest (and I DO agree that yuri has the unfortunate disadvantage of being overshadowed by yaoi in terms of the fandom) but seeing as though this event was such a train-wreck in '05, I'm thinking that this forum should be better utilized by being changed over to NYAF. MangaNext stuffs are currently being posted in the Anime Next forums... seems to work for me.

Karisu-sama
10-11-2007, 06:07 AM
If a con or event is indeed becoming a relatively defunct event, the moderators cannot do anything about a forum name or a particular forum still existing; it requires Admin to adjust that.

If there are other cons and events that perhaps would benefit from having their own forums, please direct your suggestions to Admin. Thank you.

LadyHawke78
10-12-2007, 10:46 AM
If there are other cons and events that perhaps would benefit from having their own forums, please direct your suggestions to Admin. Thank you.

DONE. About a MONTH ago. (See date of my last post here. Contacted him over a month ago.) Poor guy has GOT to have a packed inbox by now.

I have gotten very little response via PM's to administators/Mods on this site. Heck, Karisu, I sent YOU a PM back in August (I believe) explaining in detail a subforum that I thought would be of use to this site, and I have not heard anything regarding this as of yet. Not even a response of "Got your PM. Will suggest to Admin" or whatnot.

I would think that a site as large and as reputable as Cosplay.com would have a more efficient way of reporting issues/suggestions than it's current protocol. Perhaps this is something that could be implemented in the future. It would certainly cut back on the amount of times you guys have to spend posting "try to PM Admin" in response to situations suich as these. (Better response time for us, less work and needless posts for the Mods-- everyone benefits in the long run.)