PDA

View Full Version : Lady Shiva DC universe

Hotaru230
07-23-2007, 12:41 PM
My boyfriend wants me to do a Lady Shiva costume for DragCon for the DC and Marvel photoshoot. but i am unsure about what a lot of the parts of her look really are? reference pictures are hard to fin online, so i am trying to look at the comics he has with her in it, but still drawling a blank.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Shiva

here are some questions i have:
starting with the shirt is it
a chinese type shirt?
a fitting vest with a high colar?
high collar or asian style collar?
type of material?
the pants
type of material?
the jacket
lether?
trench coat?
her hair
long, short, or medium?
straight or wavy?

any tips or reference pictures are much appriacted! :crylaugh:

halafax
07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Your bf has given you an interesting costume, but you werent kidding about the lack of reference pics.

It looks like an Asian style shirt, if you scroll down on the wiki entry you can see how it attaches on the far side, instead of the middle. Also the high collar would fit the piece as well.

The jacket looks to be a leather trench coat with a red lining. If you can find a cheap leather trench (good luck with that) you can make a lining for it. Her hair seems to be straight.

The pants? Hot pants? stretchy pants. The really tight fitting ones that show off all your curve? Spandex pants?

I hope that helps...

Hotaru230
07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
i know how that picture there looks, but the majority of the ones in the comic book that he let me borrow shows the button thing as going down the front of the vest.

i have seen leather/pleather trench coats in my area at thrift stores, but i'm not sure how much they are going for. also in the commic book it shows the coat to have a black fishnet looking lining with a light pink backing. i want to do that too, but i'm unsure of how to do that too. : /

for the pants i have been thinking about using trying to get ones in brown like these black ones that i got at walmart. they some type of cotton spandex material that is stretchy.

i guess what i need more any anything is more reference pictures. even fanart will do.

halafax
07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
You need to pick a style and go with it. Every comic character in the world with a costume has half a million different variations. The one on the wiki is pretty easy to do. All the other pics I found of her the buttons are not showing on the front.

The red lined coat, or pink with black fishnet over it...whatever you want to do. There is a certain level of interpretation in a costume. Thats why no two look exactly the same. Id find one you like and run with it. If its a thrift store it shouldnt be that expensive. If its more than 20 bucks you can get a cheap coat at burlington for 40 or 50.

Cotton wont look right. Her pants arent brown, her costume is red, black, and gold.

Hotaru230
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
i was thinking this myself, but i wanted to find one good or a couple of good pictures that could really show me.
i found some good ones yesterday and her pants do look brown in most
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/Meh230/Dragon%20Con/