PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Lose Weight?? :[

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Okay, so im planing on doing an Envy cosplay, but im a person with naturually larger hips and legs which throse my whole figure out of porportion. I have a semi small stomache but im still kind chunky, and i need to get my legs thinner and thighs and such for that cosplay. how long would it take and how often would i need to exorise? and what exercises are the best to do? I cant like, jog around town or anything like that, i have to do stuff i can like..do in my back yard x_x

and one question, and very ashamed to ask xD but i will i need the suggestions..

I have those icky things called.. *shudders* stretch marks, on my waist, calves and just a bit on my thighs. Is there any way i can make them go away?!

PLEASE HELP THIS IS SUCH A DESPERATE LITTLE QUESTION ><

DaphHime
07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
A few pages back there's a thread on "losing weight and cosplay." I'm sure there's some helpful tips there.

Edit: Here it is! http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=64901

As for the stretch marks, unfortuneatly there's nothing you can do to make them go away (save for expensive and risky surgery). Coco butter helps make them less noticiable, but even that's a mixed bag. Over time they do kind of fade and become less red.

cherry_trees
07-23-2007, 04:05 PM
ok maybe u could by strech mark creme at your local drugstore? and for the losing weight part u might want to eat healthy for awhile, like if you want a snack try some fruits, and if you can go jogging around your neighborhood for easy weight loss.

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 04:06 PM
A few pages back there's a thread on "losing weight and cosplay." I'm sure there's some helpful tips there.

Edit: Here it is! http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=64901

As for the stretch marks, unfortuneatly there's nothing you can do to make them go away (save for expensive and risky surgery). Coco butter helps make them less noticiable, but even that's a mixed bag. Over time they do kind of fade and become less red.

Heh, yeah. I mean they should be disappearing, im not fat, but i used to be REALLY chubby when i was younger. Its troubling that their not disappearing. ><
Do you think like, maybe cover up or something would work for the small lines? ><;;;

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 04:08 PM
ok maybe u could by strech mark creme at your local drugstore? and for the losing weight part u might want to eat healthy for awhile, like if you want a snack try some fruits, and if you can go jogging around your neighborhood for easy weight loss.

Yeah yeah. I know this is odd, bvut i cant eat to healthy. Im allergic to uncooked fruits and vedgies, and cooking them doesnt make them very healthy anymore >.> with what little cooked i can eat. im allergic to most of the acids int hem and im almost a full carnivore ><

GothBug
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Losing weight can be a tricky thing... I suggest drinking LOTS of water. I know where you're comin' from with semi-flat stomach and larger hips and thighs. Something I started doing was Dance Dance Revolution... for 3 hours a day. It really targets the legs, butt, and lower stomach. In three days I lost a quarter inch in my calves, a whole inch in my thighs, and about a half inch in my hips. That's also with two bottles of water a day. You could try that if you can... but it really depends on the inividuals needs and metabolism. And like DaphHime said, there's a another thread FULL of stuff.

Oh, and I got nothin' for the stretch marks... T.T been trying to figure that out meself. They do fade but there not gone for good... unfortunately.

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Losing weight can be a tricky thing... I suggest drinking LOTS of water. I know where you're comin' from with semi-flat stomach and larger hips and thighs. Something I started doing was Dance Dance Revolution... for 3 hours a day. It really targets the legs, butt, and lower stomach. In three days I lost a quarter inch in my calves, a whole inch in my thighs, and about a half inch in my hips. That's also with two bottles of water a day. You could try that if you can... but it really depends on the inividuals needs and metabolism. And like DaphHime said, there's a another thread FULL of stuff.

Oh, and I got nothin' for the stretch marks... T.T been trying to figure that out meself. They do fade but there not gone for good... unfortunately.

What level do you do on it? i think that coud really work xD i just have to get on a routine.
Ill have to force myself to dirnk water.. Sadly enough i HATE water. The taste is just so disgusting (im like the little girl froms signs xD)

Oh another one with those stupid ass things? xD omg i hate them. and even when they do fade, they really look ugly neh?

Izusu/Mitsuomi
07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Well a diet based in a high levels of protein like meet,and almost nothing in carbohydrates,cakes, and pan is the best for this case, a lot of exercise mmm cardiovascular excuse my english u_u and squats very important don`t eat fast food if you want to lose weight the fast food is your enemy, drink a lot of water and have fun if you happy your boddy too, take it easy and don`t exasperate.
We hope that this help you n_n

GothBug
07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
What level do you do on it? i think that coud really work xD i just have to get on a routine.
Ill have to force myself to dirnk water.. Sadly enough i HATE water. The taste is just so disgusting (im like the little girl froms signs xD)

Oh another one with those stupid ass things? xD omg i hate them. and even when they do fade, they really look ugly neh?

Um, sadly enough... I'm still working on beginner and light stages. I'm not a very cordinated person >.< Oi... but when you do Dance Master mode and you just keep going and you get further, things tend to get harder and you try harder. Also just trying to beat your own scores in Free mode is fun too. I've found that if you stress yourself out trying to lose weight, you just end up working against yourself. But if you have fun with it, then it's easier to lose the weight.

With the water... um, if you really don't like it then just guzzle it. You might not notice the taste as much? Water just cleans out your system, so just think of it as you'll be cleansing yourself.

Your allergic to raw fruits and vegies?! How? Anyway, a way to cook them without totally taking the nutrients out is a quick stir fry sorta thing. They're cooked but not totally cooked.

I agree... stretch marks can be ugly... ulgh... O.o

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Well a diet based in a high levels of protein like meet,and almost nothing in carbohydrates,cakes, and pan is the best for this case, a lot of exercise mmm cardiovascular excuse my english u_u and squats very important don`t eat fast food if you want to lose weight the fast food is your enemy, drink a lot of water and have fun if you happy your boddy too, take it easy and don`t exasperate.
We hope that this help you n_n
thanks that actually helps alot x3 ill make sure to do that..i dont eat fast food much.

Um, sadly enough... I'm still working on beginner and light stages. I'm not a very cordinated person >.< Oi... but when you do Dance Master mode and you just keep going and you get further, things tend to get harder and you try harder. Also just trying to beat your own scores in Free mode is fun too. I've found that if you stress yourself out trying to lose weight, you just end up working against yourself. But if you have fun with it, then it's easier to lose the weight.

With the water... um, if you really don't like it then just guzzle it. You might not notice the taste as much? Water just cleans out your system, so just think of it as you'll be cleansing yourself.

Your allergic to raw fruits and vegies?! How? Anyway, a way to cook them without totally taking the nutrients out is a quick stir fry sorta thing. They're cooked but not totally cooked.

I agree... stretch marks can be ugly... ulgh... O.o

I do light as well xD but thats good to know so that i can actually lose weight on my level. Thatll be fun..

I like to drink propel, and i used to drink it all the time. Does that cunt as water?

and i dunno how or why but i am. i cant eat much more then cooked corn and beans. also im allergic to nuts, especially peanuts. xD it sucks man! I can manage to get some vedgies in me but i dunno if i can eat stir fry..

GothBug
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I do light as well xD but thats good to know so that i can actually lose weight on my level. Thatll be fun..

I like to drink propel, and i used to drink it all the time. Does that cunt as water?

and i dunno how or why but i am. i cant eat much more then cooked corn and beans. also im allergic to nuts, especially peanuts. xD it sucks man! I can manage to get some vedgies in me but i dunno if i can eat stir fry..

Hn, on DDR... I don't get how some people would even come close to doing songs on standard, heavy, or challange. I tried and fell over immediatly. lol

Oh and with propel... um, I've never had that. If it doesn't have artificail sweetners like high fructose corn syrup in it then it's just fine. It's just the high fructose corn syrup can blow you up like a balloon... and unfortunately it's in all sodas, and almost anything that's sweetened. Honestly, don't believe the things about 'better than sugar artificial sweetners'. It's a load a bull. (sorry... my cynical side is showing O.o) Pure cane sugar is the best for in anything that needs sweetening.

You could also try tea if you want to. Green tea is supposed to be good for losing weight. Oh, and raspberry tea is yummy.

That's really strange how people can be allergic to things... well, don't fret over it too much. I'm not exactly a avid fruit and vegie eater myself... lol ^.^

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Hn, on DDR... I don't get how some people would even come close to doing songs on standard, heavy, or challange. I tried and fell over immediatly. lol

Oh and with propel... um, I've never had that. If it doesn't have artificail sweetners like high fructose corn syrup in it then it's just fine. It's just the high fructose corn syrup can blow you up like a balloon... and unfortunately it's in all sodas, and almost anything that's sweetened. Honestly, don't believe the things about 'better than sugar artificial sweetners'. It's a load a bull. (sorry... my cynical side is showing O.o) Pure cane sugar is the best for in anything that needs sweetening.

You could also try tea if you want to. Green tea is supposed to be good for losing weight. Oh, and raspberry tea is yummy.

That's really strange how people can be allergic to things... well, don't fret over it too much. I'm not exactly a avid fruit and vegie eater myself... lol ^.^

oh i know its the same way with me. My friend woh plays it on challange tsays the people with longer legs have mroe trouble.

ah thats a good idea but im a sugar fiend xD omg i cant help it i like poor so much crap in it @_@
The propel is made by the gatorade company but i havent like, drinkin it in forever
oh i know, allergys suck ><

ascuteaskittens
07-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I would have to agree that DDR is a great way to lose weight. I personally enjoy playing. It just seems like a game once I get going. I can get up to 3 hrs playing time till someone kicks me off the t.v. My doctors think it's a good for me since I have weak ankles. I asked about it once. I haven't played for a long time only a matter of months but I'm already on standard. I haven't been gaining any weight either even though all I eat is chips, pop, and other junk food.

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I would have to agree that DDR is a great way to lose weight. I personally enjoy playing. It just seems like a game once I get going. I can get up to 3 hrs playing time till someone kicks me off the t.v. My doctors think it's a good for me since I have weak ankles. I asked about it once. I haven't played for a long time only a matter of months but I'm already on standard. I haven't been gaining any weight either even though all I eat is chips, pop, and other junk food.

omg im the same way xD i just need to lose weight now.
OMG! i can only do standard on 'only you' by Captain Jack

Fishyface
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I love DDR!
I'm one of those obsessed 11 year old heavy DDR freaks.
I've been playing for about 3... or 4 years. (Somewhere around there.)

But yes, let me say, it will of course help loose weight.
Oh, propel that is sport water, right?
Well, I drink that alot, too. But nothing is better than water, really.

For the strech marks, cover up as you said could work. Remember to get the right color, though.

crazyangel
07-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I love DDR!
I've been playing for about 3... or 4 years. (Somewhere around there.)

But yes, let me say, it will of course help loose weight.
Oh, propel that is sport water, right?
Well, I drink that alot, too. But nothing is better than water, really.

For the strech marks, cover up as you said could work. Remember to get the right color, though.

omg i wish i could play on heavy but ive only been playing for a couple months ><;;

yes propel is sports water. i guess i have to get used to water then.
annnnnd thanks. im glad that the cover up idea might work.

Fishyface
07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Even the smallest bit of walking is considered exersice.
So, instead or driving to wear you want to get, try to walk or bike. It'll help your thighs and legs get stronger and build up muscle. Like Envy's sexy legs. xD
And if you have pool or local club pool nearby, swim mulitiple laps and even just swimming around and goofing off will help your stomach and crap.
And if you have a wall on your house get a bouncy ball and throw it against the wall and like... play with your wall... ... ... I do that when I'm bored.

Lol, I got all that off some of my health books. I find those interesting. xD"

Oh, even like getting a jumprope, pogostick, all those are really fun... and are getting you healthy, too!
Don't forget DDR, now.

Okay, I'm probably boring you my now.
o_o

Hope I helped!

FallingAngel
07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Hooray for other DDR freaks....I play that way too much. Although, I will throw in one warning, becarefull what kind of excerise your doing because it might actually make your legs bigger. I used to run track in high school and all that running gave me huge thighs, it's taken years for them to start to shrink because it's all muscle so working out only makes it worse. In order to get rid of it I have to watch what I eat very carefully and do a cardiovascular work out so far as only burn calories and not build muscle (harder than it sounds).

As for strech marks, those are scars, there's nothing you can do, they'll fade a little and there are some products that can help to fade them but the best way to get rid of them is to keep them from happening.

Darth Takeo
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Best Way to Lose Weight??
Eat less, move more.

VaBeachBambie
07-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree that DDR is a great way to lose weight. When I was a junior in high school I clocked in at 5'3" and 155 lbs. I started playing DDR on a regular basis, and within a matter of 6 months I dropped down to 118 lbs. Which is pretty amazing considering I lived off fast food and other typical junk food that high schoolers eat. When I started college I began eating better and now I have a treadmill, so I alternate between DDR and speedwalking/jogging and take 2 days off from exercise every week. I've managed to maintain a weight between 122-125 for the past 2 1/2 years.

An important thing to keep in mind about exercise is that if your body becomes used to doing one type of exercise all the time, you lose less weight over time. That's why I alternate between DDR and jogging, even though they're both cardio, the movements are different.

Like you, I hate water. Diet soda is my weakness. I don't know if you're a big soda drinker, but it is the devil, both reg and diet. I went 6 months without soda about a year ago and I nearly went CRAZY just drinking water and sugar-free juice. But I did notice a difference in my body. Even diet soda makes you retain water like a mofo. So try to force down as much water as you can tolerate, it really does help.

Good luck to you! Remember, even if you can't eat as healthy as you'd like, losing weight isn't just about what you eat - it's more about exercise than anything else. As long as you stay away from fast food, huge restaurant-sized portions, and too much soda/other sugary drinks, exercising will do a world of good.

Crystalike
07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah yeah. I know this is odd, bvut i cant eat to healthy. Im allergic to uncooked fruits and vedgies, and cooking them doesnt make them very healthy anymore >.> with what little cooked i can eat. im allergic to most of the acids int hem and im almost a full carnivore ><

Hm...actually, boiled vegetables are really healthy. I don't know where you got the idea that only raw ones are best, but that's untrue. Have you tried salads with a little salad dressing? I love them!

And...a carnivore, you say? Then have you considered the Atkins diet? Just lean meat (no fat like in bacon or spam), and no carbohydrates? It really workes for a lot of people, so if you're allergic to acids in vegetables and think you can abstain from bread, then try it. No corn chips, no super sugary cereal (try Honey Nut Cheerios, they're delicious!). And drink lots of water, stop all soda and fruit juice (I lost 3 pounds after switching my drinks). If you really need salt, drink something like...Propel; it has flavor and hydrates you. And don't eat ANYTHING after 7 PM. The food you eat after that hour will stay in your stomach and make you bloated so when you sleep, your face will get puffy. This is because most people don't eat exercise after that time and just sit around.

DDR is good, but be careful to not eat big snacks after you play, or drink a soda because it'll just fill you up with sugar calories that will make your cells swell and puff up.

Also...don't forget to work out! You don't have to get a membership at a gym, but try walking around in a mall without any money (to prevent yourself from buying anything, lol), or getting up early to take a walk, or try biking instead of driving to places. Walks after dinner around your neighborhood are really good, too. Or...if you have laziness, instead of sitting in front of your computer, STAND. And if you want to watch T.V, STAND when you're watching it. You lose calories faster while standing, but remember, not a lot! ^_^

Oh...and motivation to lose weight? I say "No one wants to see a fat cosplayer, no matter how great the costume is". ^_^ That's what I chant in my head if I feel like a snack or fatty foods.

Karisu-sama
07-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I love DDR!

Sorry, 11-year-olds are violating the Terms of Service agreement for joining Cosplay.com; you must be at least 13 to join.

tfcreate
07-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Best way to loose weight? Go see a doctor. Ask him/her.
TFC

Tallus
07-24-2007, 03:33 AM
If you're only really targetting the butt/hips/thighs region, you should do bike riding. Not just slowly peddling around your block either, try going fast or for a long time; a couple miles.

As for your allergies, while I'm mostly skeptical about them being true (I know some folks who say "I'm allergic" when they really just don't like the taste or texture) but I'll guess you can eat SOME kind of fruit or veggie. You simply cannot get the vitamins and such without taking some kind of insane supplement on an exclusively-meat diet. So, with that said, find either a good multivitamin (from GNC, not the Flintstones kids vitamins you find practically next to the candy isle at a store) or find some kind of regular or dried fruit/veggie that you CAN eat. It'll help.

Regarding the Propel though, reading that it has all those additives tells me that this drink is designed to be consumed DURING a workout to give you energy that you'll be burning off right away. Avoid it unless you're in the middle of working out/riding/whatever. Drink regular water otherwise. I know there's some flavor powders you can get that don't have any sweeteners, but make the water tasty anyway. CrystalLight or something along those lines. You'll be able to find them with the coolaid and teas.

As for stretchmarks, as mentioned before, cocoa butter can help in reducing the redness, but instead of red lines you'll be left with white ones. Either are fairly visible if you don't have a naturally pale complection. You can try out some of the kryolan makeup that cosworks sells, it's designed to cover the natural skin tone and everything under it so if you can match one to your skin type you should be able to cover the marks without much trouble.

moonseternity
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
If you don't like water, try adding a few drop of peppermint extract to it. Gives it a bit of taste and it feels cooling.
I drink water ALL the time and find it pretty boring sometimes.

Mundo Del Rio
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I do yoga. It's fun, challenging, and you not only tone but become very flexible. Since weight isn't an issue with me or my family since we all have high metabs, I just do yoga for fun and flexibility. But I'm sure it would help to tone/lose weight.

People ask why I am so thin. My high metab has a lot to so with it but I have a secret. My secret is...that I eat. Lol! But I eat healthy. I have a diet rich in whole grains and soy. Stay away from white bread/pasta. Eat more whole foods and stay away from soda. I eat 6 small meals a day and it keeps me at 110lbs at 5'7". Plus I feel better too. Eating about 6 small tiny meals a day keeps your metabolism staying fast. It works for many people. But I can't really say it works for me because even if I didn't eat like this I would still be thin. I still think it is a little reason why I stay thin at my age.

Leandaradara
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I know the difference between "drinking a lot of water, eat 6 small meals a day" and "drink less water and eat 3 meals a day" cuz I gained 25lbs after I switched between them. ;_; *boohh* I want my 120lbs back *crys*

Kesra
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I wonder if it's possible to get my metabolisim moving like that again...I'm gonna take the 6 small meals and lots of water advice ^^;

AnalexBeetleBum
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
For the stretch marks, I would definitely recommend cocoa butter. I used to have horrible red stretch marks that were also deep (like little valleys!) on my breasts when I was in high school, and after applying cocoa butter every night before bed for about six months they became much shallower and lightened to the point of almost matching my skin tone. They're still there, and probably always will be, but they're almost unnoticable. Hope it works for you too!

Reamy
07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Okay, so my firends and I were in your boat before. Belive me, I knowhow hard it is to figure this all out. I'm giving you all the information I can fit in this post about what we did to accomplish our goals. EVEN SO, I want you to be realistic. It takes time to loose weight and get healthy. Months and months, my friend. You are only supposed to loose a pound a week. That's what is a healthy weight loss. Even though you are only really looking for things for your hips and legs, I'd suggest just taking the bull by the horns and work out your entire body. Even if you target only a specific area, no matter waht you do you'll be effecting the rest of your body. That why I think you should think about your target area WHILE you work on your entire body in general. This will take time, but you cannot believe the results that we had from these main ideas we created.

On dieting (not fad diets or anthing, this is food in general, and THIS DOES WORK. I would love to show before and after pictures of this):

-Okay, first off, drink at least three bottles (12-16fl.oz) of water a day. (If you can't do that starting out, then I suggest building up from one bottle a day to three over, let's say, 3-4 weeks time. Don't force yourself to chug water.) Water is what causes your body to increase it's metabolim, increase fat burning, ect. And most of the time people do not drink enough water to sustain their bodies a full day that does not include things like exercise, ect. KEEP THAT IN MIND.

-NEVER SKIP MEALS. Do not cut out lunch or breakfast or dinner or any such nonesense. The first thing people think of doing when dieting is cutting out their meals. DO NOT DO THAT. Think about about "quality over quantity" and what goes into those meals rather than as just a meal.

-Before meals (you need three meals a day, including breakfast. Breakfast starts your metabolism off every day. It wakes it up and your burn more with it. BREAKFAST IS IMPORTANT.) drink a glass of water. Most of the time when your body says you're hungry, you're really dehydrated. Drink a glass of water before every meal and you will feel full faster and you will be healthier because of it. These glasses of water can add to the count of your three bottles of day goal. Thes three glasses of water can most likely add up to one bottle.

-SERVING SIZES. It is okay to like certain foods you know are not wholly healthy. Really! It's just when people eat food, they tend to eat more than the serving size. Stick to your serving sizes and you will definately slim down. ALSO! Be smart about your choices in foods, look at the labels. If you know the sugars, carbs, and fat are just too rediculously high, don't eat it. The idea is to just be smart about your food. Good choices of food are the key to diet changing.

-On meals: Try not to eat meals after a certain time, even for a small midnight snack or something, try not to eat after 7pm or so. Organize your meals around a 5am-7pm time slot depending on when you wake up. It's not hard, but just common sense really. Eating after 7pm or so is not deadly or anything (if you can't get food until later then that's fine, but try and stick to no food after 7pm), it's just better for your metabolism. You're getting ready to sleep and when that happens your body pretty much starts shuting down and uses less energy.

-Cut out most, if not all, sugar from your diet. Anything above about 7 grams of sugar is a no-no. My friends have lost SO much weight (like 40 pounds each) by just eating right, little to no sugar, and excercising almost daily. They are now a healthy weight, thank god, and they amaze me with their determination. BTW, CARBS EVENTUALLY TURN INTO SUGAR...CARBS ARE SUGAR. that's why when you put a saltine in your mouth and you keep it there for a minute or two it start to tate SWEET, not salty.

-On your raw vegetables and fruits allergy: I understand that not only are you trying to loose weight but you have food limitations on top of it. Even so, you need to treat your food accordingly. EVEN if your vegetables and fruit are cooked, they still have important qualities your body needs. You need to eat them. Balance out your meals with a variety of cooked vegetables and fruits. I myself have trouble eating vegetables, but I still have at least two servings of cooked vegetables in my lunch and dinner. I'd suggest going online or to the library and finding a low sugar recipe book that has recipes and food guides that can help you pick some side dishes of vegetables and fruits you think you can digest safely.

*Everything highlighted in here are my main points of dieting and eating healthy. By doing these things continually over the course of a 3-6 month period and on you will see definate results. You will also experience results of this during the end of your first full month. They may not be drastic, but you will at least feel better about you and your body. I slimmed my waist down about an inch in a month and a half of dieting and exercise, if I remember correctly.

*Continued in next post*

Reamy
07-24-2007, 03:49 PM
On Exercising:

*Okay, so you're going to diet and eat right, right? Well! good for you! Studies do show that when you diet or exercise you will increase your healthiness! However, if you do BOTH you will not only double the results and time taken to get the results, you will increase in your health much, much more than with diet or exercising alone. Keep that in mind.*

-Sleep! Okay, so you didn't think sleeping had anything to do with exercising, right? Well sleeping correctly is one of the first steps to a healthy work out routine. ALSO! Sleep helps you loose weight, did you know that? It rest your muscles and helps them grow. It also decreases the soreness of your body after your workout. After a long day with work, school, whatever with a workout or two in there, you WILL be sore. Sleep decreases the intensity of soreness. It the difference between having to stretch a bit in the morning, and not being able to move without pain the entire day. See my point? You need 8-10 hours of sleep a night. With out proper sleep, you'll be groggy and tired, and crankie, and sore, and your body will be completely opposed to working out. Proper sleep is the best foundation for exercising.

-Drink a bottle of water before, during, and after your workout. You need to keep your body hydrated. Every five-ten minutes or so drink a good sip of water be it inbetween reps or exercises or laps, ect. Drink a glass of water after your workouts as well. Don't chug it, and don't make your water ice cold. Cool water is best. I'd reccomend just sticking some bottles of water in your refridgerator before you work out or the night before.

-Warm up and cool down your body and wear proper foot gear. Do 30 jumping jacks to increase blood flow and to wake up your muscles, touch your toes, stretch your hamstrings out, stretch your arms and shoulders, pop your back, do a small lap around the neighborhood after your work out in a slow walk. You need to hold your stretches to the count of 10 Mississippi, m'dear. If you are using a cardio/toning workout, they should include a warm up and cool down. Doing this not only decreases your chance of soreness and injury, it also helps your body go back down to a more normal state. YOU NEED TO COOL DOWN AND WARM UP. You need to wear tennis shoes whenever you workout. The shock from your movements goes straight to your legs and feet. You can damage them if you do not wear tennis shoes that absorb the shock.

-Take a walk around your neighborhood or park in the evenings (after or before dinner is best, before is most prefered) or mornings (before breakfast is really nice). You can even invite friends to join you and get to chat doing it (that's what we do ^_^). It's fun and it's a simple, and good way to slim your legs, hips, and gluts down. Not only that, but it's a good cardio. You can increase your workout in laps if you want (1 to 2 laps for the first couple of weeks then you can move on or keep it at that pace). It'll only take 10-20 minutes and it makes you feel great afterwards. Power walk after your first lap after a while, if you want. Have fun with it. You may even want to add jogging weights (the little 1-5 pound weights that are east to hold in your hands) or light ankle weights (no more than 5 pounds. I recommend starting with 1-2 pound weights and moving up over the course of 3-4 weeks.) do these little walks at least one time a day 6-7 days a week for the best results.

-Take a day off from working out and don't do too much all at once. People generally think that they need to work out every day really hard for them to get results. That's really the worst thing to do. You'll get tired of it, and you'll want to quit after only a short period of time. I suggest doing intense workouts 3-4 times a week and having light little workouts (like that walking thing I mentioned above) 6-7 days a week. You need to have one complete day of no work outs. My group of friends and I normally take Sundays off because of school and work and church. Your body and mind need a day to rejouvenate. If you keep going for too many days and too intensly you'll risk injuring yourself, over working your body, and straining your muscles, bones, and joints.

-Go to your local library or online and look up some cardio and toning work outs. It may take some time to find some that fit you, your lifestyle, and your time, but you'll be happy and have fun with your workouts if you find some that you enjoy. My friends and I have been doing these things for 30min to an hour as our hard or intense work outs. You need to find at least one cardio and one toning/muscle building workout. Switch between workouts daily. One day do a cardio, another pick a toning. You need to switch between them so that you don't get bored of them.

-Here is a major key: You can't just pick one. You can't just pick cardio or muscle building. They go hand in hand. You need to do both to achieve the results you want. It doesn't take much, really, but I stress that both are better than just one.

-Try to get your friends and family to join in. Not only does it increase your desire to do the workouts, but it makes them more fun and helps you feel accountable to doing them. I would have never lost weight, neither would my firends have, if we hadn't done it together. We are pretty lazy and such. So wee banded together and started eating healthy and exercising together. It really boosts your moral.

-On powerwalking: Ok! Find a marker (a sign, a rock, a tree, or something that's not too far away and you think you can reach with a little effort) and powerwalk/jog slowly until you reach it. You then want to slow down softly and walk again. After you recover from your last powerwalk/slow jog, you just find two more markers (two signs, perhaps) that have a distance between them you think you can powerwalk/jog inbetween without getting whipped out. Once you reach the first one, start your powerwalking/jogging. Do your exercise until you reach the other marker, your stopping point, and slow down to walking again. Just keep doing this through out your workout. This is a form of interval training. It's a great way to increase and decrease your heart rate, what cardio is all about.

*Okay, so I bet you're thinking, omg! So much! But really these things are quite easy to put in your life. Just remember to do the main points:

-Be realistic. You aren't supposed to loose more than a pound a week for it to be healthy. It will take months for you to see many results. At least a month to notice any difference.
-Don't do too much too soon. Know your limits!
-Sleep! Sleep is so important to your body. Without it, you can't rejouvenate, you can do anyhting really. 8-10 hours of sleep is a requirement.
-Stay hydrated and wear proper clothing and foot wear.
-Take one day off completely from workouts. This will allow you to rest, rejouveate, and will help you not get bored with your workout.
-A simple walk around the neighborhood or local park for 10-30 minutes with simple walking, friends, weights, or with powerwalking inbetween ,ect is a great light workout to do before dinner, lunch, breakfast, WHENEVER. Doing this 6-7 times a week will give you results.
-Pick a few cardio and toning videos from the library or online. Find at least one of each that you think you can do with some practice. You need to do these 4-5 times a week 30-60 minutes per session. Switch between the toning and cardio daily. One day do toning, the next do cardio. They're fun to do and they help you a lot.
-Get some friends and family to do it with you. Having at least one other person doing it with you keeps you going and boost moral. It did for my group.
-GETTING BORED WITH YOUR WORKOUTS AND DIETING IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN. You need to keep it up, you need to switch thing around and make each new workout fun and inviting. You want to keep going with it.

I'm sorry if I didn't completely put all of the main points, but that's what I could remember to write.

downerbeautiful
07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Reamy hit most of the important points here.

(I'm currently with a weight loss clinic to get rid of those extra thirty pounds >.<)

I have a co-worker with a similar situation as you regarding the fruits and vegetables and nuts. It has something to do with how the body cannot digest the raw nutrients and it really hurts the intestine. Do some stir-fry, pan-fry... whatever it takes to make them not so raw. Just don't add butter or salt. If you think your food really needs it, olive oil, garlic, seasonings such as that are easier for the body to break down.

It's also best to stray away from sugars AND nutrasweets. Nutrasweets actually trick the body and they are so much harder to digest. Lay off the carbs. That doesn't mean cut them out but, let's say you have a sandwich, use only a slice of bread. Cereal should go if you want to drop the pounds a little faster.

High, lean protein is the best. Whey protein, chicken, tofu --> all super easy for your body to digest and great protein. Maybe a turkey-taco? Just don't fry the shell!

Water is a must.. As in water water, not tea, not Propel, just straight water. And at least 64oz PLUS an extra eight ounces for every 25lbs you want to loose.. and an extra eight ounces for every twenty minutes of exercise. Every time you have to pee, you are getting rid of fat cells~ just think of that.
You will never loose the fat cells but they can shrink and as they shrink, water fills them and takes on shape.. o.O i.e. your fat cells are full of water, not fat. woot!

I guess that last thing would be watch portion sizes. Take a smaller plate if you have the option. One of the biggest things that hinders weight loss is overeating even on healthy foods. A serving isn't whatever amount you think you can eat, it's four ounces or one half cup, et cetera. When my mum and I started at the clinic I noticed how we now use the smaller salad plates instead of dinner plates at every meal simply because the mind wants to fill a plate up. Our portions fill a salad plate, not a dinner plate, so we think we are 'getting more' or are 'more satisfied'

Well, good luck with whatever you go with. I hope you manage to safely loose weight. It's more than a calorie in and a calorie out. And protect your lean tissue with high protein so that you don't end up loosing muscle instead of fat! That would be super bad and unhealthy~

-Rachel

Reamy
07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
On your Stretch marks: I know how you feel. I have stretch marks on my inner theighs. The thing is, you can't really get rid of them unfortunately. The best thing do is use coco butter or some other stretch mark lotion. You can find these items at grocery stores or maternity sections. These items, over time, can decrease the appearance of stretch marks. Mine have faded abit also from age. To cover them up while cosplaying I suggest gettting some theatrical fountaion or body paint of some sort that matches your skin tone. You then want ot get some make-up sealer (they sell it on amphigory.com pretty cheeply) that will seal the make-up so that it does not rubb off onto your costume and other things. The worst thing is to have make-up smears on black fabric. T_T That's about all you can do really.

I'm proud that you are doing this. It's great and cospaly is a fantastic motivator. Keep your chin up! If you need any help just send me a pm and I'll besure to reply back wit hwhatever I can do to help, m'daer. That goes for anyone who is looking to do the same. ^_^

REAMY

FallingAngel
07-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Fish Oil is also good for the skin, you can take it by itself or make sure a multi vitamin has it in it. As strange as this sounds, pre-natal pills are also very good for your skin, hair and nails. A friend of a friend was talking about how much better they looked after she started taking them while she was pregnant and afterward. I think it's Olay that also has a vitamin pack that's supposed to be good for your skin. Just remember, they're scars and will never completely fade.

Yunalicia
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I just want to point out that 90% of humans have stretch marks. They are ungodly common so don't stress too much about them. Sure they aren't pretty but since most people have them not many people crtisize one them.

And also be careful about drinking TOO much water. water piosioning is possible so don't try to slam back a one litre of you feel full just because you think you need to drink a certain amount a day.

Reamy
07-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I just want to point out that 90% of humans have stretch marks. They are ungodly common so don't stress too much about them. Sure they aren't pretty but since most people have them not many people crtisize one them.

And also be careful about drinking TOO much water. water piosioning is possible so don't try to slam back a one litre of you feel full just because you think you need to drink a certain amount a day.

I agree!

Water poisioning is something to look out for. I say three bottles of water because that is what is recommended to me and it works. I never feel totally bogged down by too much water. Any it's easy to get three bottles of water with your exercising and the glass of water before each meal. Sometimes I actually drink 4 bottles if I am thirsty enough from exercising. I also do martial arts on top of what I posted before so that may have something to do with my want for more water. The more you do, the more water your body needs. is my motto.

crazyangel
07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
If you're only really targetting the butt/hips/thighs region, you should do bike riding. Not just slowly peddling around your block either, try going fast or for a long time; a couple miles.

As for your allergies, while I'm mostly skeptical about them being true (I know some folks who say "I'm allergic" when they really just don't like the taste or texture) but I'll guess you can eat SOME kind of fruit or veggie. You simply cannot get the vitamins and such without taking some kind of insane supplement on an exclusively-meat diet. So, with that said, find either a good multivitamin (from GNC, not the Flintstones kids vitamins you find practically next to the candy isle at a store) or find some kind of regular or dried fruit/veggie that you CAN eat. It'll help.

Regarding the Propel though, reading that it has all those additives tells me that this drink is designed to be consumed DURING a workout to give you energy that you'll be burning off right away. Avoid it unless you're in the middle of working out/riding/whatever. Drink regular water otherwise. I know there's some flavor powders you can get that don't have any sweeteners, but make the water tasty anyway. CrystalLight or something along those lines. You'll be able to find them with the coolaid and teas.

As for stretchmarks, as mentioned before, cocoa butter can help in reducing the redness, but instead of red lines you'll be left with white ones. Either are fairly visible if you don't have a naturally pale complection. You can try out some of the kryolan makeup that cosworks sells, it's designed to cover the natural skin tone and everything under it so if you can match one to your skin type you should be able to cover the marks without much trouble.

Yeah. i realize how silly my allergy sounds..and i got 10 viles of blood drawn to test and we didnt find i was allergic to all i said i was. But i still just cant do fruits and vedgies when their raw. I love eating fruits and vedgies and such and havent touched uncooked things for a few years at most. *Sigh*

i have a naturually pale complexion also, so it should blend in pretty well. Meh, i just want to thank everyone else for all your help! im starting on it now, trying to drink water and im getting my family into exercising as well. :3 so thank you everyone!