PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 2007

BlueMew
07-24-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone out there is doing any Potter-related costumes for D*C.

I'm working on a Slytherin beater and Narcissa Malfoy.

So....... anyone else?

Randirien
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm bringing my Marauder Era uniform, but I also know a few friends are bringing movie!Tonks, Lockhart, Hagrid, McGonogall, Dumbledore, Sirius, and Bellatrix - but I don't think they've set in stone when they are wearing them.

DDR Faery Spice
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
If my hair stays blond, I might bring my Rita Skeeter. >_> Just because it's FUN.

vampirate
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I may be bringing Tonks. And my friends with Ginny and Neville costumes are bringing theirs to the con.

BlueMew
07-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Nice. :) Well, I should have a Lucius with my Narcissa.... so if we can time it, I'd like to get some pics with other Death Eaters and epic battle action shots with the Order.

Lynnisincraze
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
If I make it, I'll probably have my Hermione or Luna costume. Just finished book 7, so I'm super inspired.

Miss Meru
07-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Since I have a wig now I'll most likely end up bringing Hermione, though I *really* want to be Lily now too, lol~

LilyRampant
07-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I will be there as Bellatrix and my boyfriend will be snape :)

sakura-chan87
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
lol! Lily that sounds brilliant!
I'm more than likely going to be bringing Hermione. It will be argued that Hermione does indeed, have darker hair.
Go re-read the books...xD Emma Watson's hair is WAY too light. lol!

Anyhow, I wore my finished costume at the midnight release party and had a total blast. Can't wait for Dragon*Con!!! ^_^

Go Go Gryffindor!!! :D

BlueMew
07-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I will be there as Bellatrix and my boyfriend will be snape :)

MAN!

I really hope we can get some sort of gathering going, especially because I'm a huge dork and already coming up with poses that would involve both Bellatrix and Snape.

I want Death Eater poses!

Shiny_Sasuke
07-26-2007, 12:54 AM
If I am able to go I am going to bring my James Potter, Marauder era outfit. That is if I can manage to get the cloak finished on time x.x

LilyRampant
07-26-2007, 01:00 AM
cool!!

we went as that for the book release. I havent done his costume yet, so we had him dress in a black button up and slacks.

upon walking in, kids were running up to him going- its snape!!!
he has an uncanny resemblance (i think its the nose).

Im doing the Bellatrix costume with a wig like the book- long and just wavy instead of her big mess of hair.

A few pics are on my profile

And Im all up for pictures..

ravenmist
07-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Hm, kind of making me want to bring my Ravenclaw costume along for the ride.

Randirien
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
If I am able to go I am going to bring my James Potter, Marauder era outfit. That is if I can manage to get the cloak finished on time x.x

Awesome! Another old schooler! If there's not a meet-up photoshoot or something, I hope I can run into you. My friend and I are both doing Marauder Era characters (Gryffindor and Ravenclaw) so I'd love to find you and get a picture! Man, now we just need a young Sirius and Remus and it'd be so awesome!

Shiny_Sasuke
07-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Awesome! Another old schooler! If there's not a meet-up photoshoot or something, I hope I can run into you. My friend and I are both doing Marauder Era characters (Gryffindor and Ravenclaw) so I'd love to find you and get a picture! Man, now we just need a young Sirius and Remus and it'd be so awesome!

Sweet! The Marauder era's lack of love saddens me. I've been looking for people to run around with for this era for so long. I would think more people would cosplay as them......

My goodness! If we did happen to find a young Sirius and Remus it would be Epic x3 Maybe before the convention we can exchange cell numbers so we can meet up *shrug*

The_Balrog
07-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Saturday for the parade I will be Lord Voldemort and then I'll be sporting Tonks for a casual look during the day if I have time.

Wondering if the Dark Lord has objections to going to the Yule Ball?

sakura-chan87
07-27-2007, 03:21 AM
cool!!

we went as that for the book release. I havent done his costume yet, so we had him dress in a black button up and slacks.

upon walking in, kids were running up to him going- its snape!!!
he has an uncanny resemblance (i think its the nose).

Im doing the Bellatrix costume with a wig like the book- long and just wavy instead of her big mess of hair.

A few pics are on my profile

And Im all up for pictures..

lol! That's brilliant! I'll bet he got a good laugh out of that, right? :D

I cannot wait to see your Bellatrix costume. It's going to be incredible! I wonder just how many other HP costumers will be there? lol!

(*totters off to go look at your photos...*)

Sakura
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
I'll just be myself in a SS/CoS Slytherin uniform and my girlfriend is going to be in a SS/CoS Gryffindor uniform. No character costumes because I don't want to deal with a wig @_@

LilyRampant
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
lol! That's brilliant! I'll bet he got a good laugh out of that, right? :D

I cannot wait to see your Bellatrix costume. It's going to be incredible! I wonder just how many other HP costumers will be there? lol!

(*totters off to go look at your photos...*)

Thank you for the comments!

Just over a month.. SQUEE!!!

*falls into 15 yards of black snape fabric*

Arlette
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll be there. My husband is making me keep my costume under wraps, though. Not that it's a huge surprise if you really know me. XD One of my friends is going to be Sirius, too.

P.S. We might try to march in the Parade, there is going to be a big Harry Potter troupe there!

MaryRyanBogard
08-10-2007, 01:31 AM
My goodness! If we did happen to find a young Sirius and Remus it would be Epic x3 Maybe before the convention we can exchange cell numbers so we can meet up *shrug*

Well, you found one! :D I now know for sure that I'm coming, and I will be bringing my Marauder Sirius costume with me (I plan to wear him on Sunday). I've been dying to find the other Marauders (well, Remus and/or James, anyway) and would love to hang out with you.

I'm also bringing both Ron's and Ginny's wigs, so I'll be a different Gryffindor each day.

AshleyV
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I will be wearing my Rita Skeeter outfit sometime that weekend. It is her Green suit outfit that you first see her in.

DalaiLiam
08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Draculina and I are bringing ravenclaw school uniforms... we've really got to take them in alot though, the patterns we used were rediculously huge.

LilyRampant
08-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I think our time is gonna be sunday evening (for bellatrix and snape)

Elendriel
08-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Is there a set gathering for HP yet? I've got Ron and young Severus

MaryRyanBogard
08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Is there a set gathering for HP yet?

It doesn't appear so, I just re-read this entire thread. That said...

Having hosted two gatherings/photoshoots at Otakon, I'd step up and set a time and place for one (or more, there are such things as multiple gatherings for the same series/theme/whatever), but the last (and only) time I was at Dragon*Con before was 2005 and I don't remember the layout of the hotels or where any good photo spots are (I can barely remember the lay of the Baltimore Convention Center between Otakons). If anyone has any ideas for a time and place, let me know and I'll gladly host at least one HP gathering.

The_Balrog
08-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The Harry Potter parade group Mischief Managed will be gathering after the parade in the Marriott on the 10th floor for pictures and gathering.

Parade is on Saturday, we are meeting in the lobby and heading down to the park for line up at 9:30. Parade starts at 10 (i think). Look for the house banners.

All are welcome.

ravenmist
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Aww if I wasn't already with another group for the parade I'd so come walk with y'all!! I'll bring my Ravenclaw costume just in case. =)

Kamatari chan
08-17-2007, 01:56 AM
I'll be bringing my Slytherin/Bealtrix costume. I don't know if I'll march in the parade though. I usually don't get up that early.

Elendriel
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
ok change of plans lol . I'm bringing Ginny :D MUST MEET TWINS lol

vampirate
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I think some of my friends and I will be slipping into our HP costumes when we first get to the con Friday.

piratelife4me
08-18-2007, 11:54 PM
I will be Bellatrix on one of the days.

Elendriel
08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Have we decided on a time/place for a photoshoot? or just a gathering to hang out etc?

I know for the Phelps' twins I'm wearing Ginny, but for a photoshoot, I think I'll be bringing my Goblet of Fire, 1st Task Cedric Diggory outfit :D

MaryRyanBogard
08-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Have we decided on a time/place for a photoshoot? or just a gathering to hang out etc?

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to host a few of these after all. How do the following sound?

Friday at 5 pm
Saturday at 3:30 pm
Sunday at 4 pm
All of the above would be in the Marriott

Again, multiple gatherings are not uncommon- for example, at this past Otakon there were two or three "Kingdom Hearts" shoots. I'm wearing three different HP costumes throughout the con, so I'm certainly up for all three.

Elendriel
08-20-2007, 08:04 AM
That works for me. Where in the Marriot? I know if we want to do it in the lobby, there's already a shoot going on there at 5 on Friday, so we'd have to bump the HP one.

MaryRyanBogard
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
That works for me. Where in the Marriot? I know if we want to do it in the lobby, there's already a shoot going on there at 5 on Friday, so we'd have to bump the HP one.

Whoopsie (and yes, I did mean the lobby). How 'bout I move the Friday shoot to 2 pm instead? I'll keep the Saturday one at 3:30 and the Sunday at 4 since looking here and at the official list, it doesn't look like there'll be any problems.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also looking at hosting a Marauders gathering earlier in the day on Sunday, possibly around 1 pm-ish. This would be for Sirius, James, Remus, and Lily cosplayers (in any form, not necessarily from the Marauder Era), and not so much as photoshoot as a "get together and have lunch/hang out" type deal (though of course everyone from that meetup is also welcome to join the later shoot).

Elendriel
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Whoopsie (and yes, I did mean the lobby). How 'bout I move the Friday shoot to 2 pm instead? I'll keep the Saturday one at 3:30 and the Sunday at 4 since looking here and at the official list, it doesn't look like there'll be any problems.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also looking at hosting a Marauders gathering earlier in the day on Sunday, possibly around 1 pm-ish. This would be for Sirius, James, Remus, and Lily cosplayers (in any form, not necessarily from the Marauder Era), and not so much as photoshoot as a "get together and have lunch/hang out" type deal (though of course everyone from that meetup is also welcome to join the later shoot).

Then I can make it, whoo!

question then, for your Maruaders gathering...would young Severus count? :)

MaryRyanBogard
08-21-2007, 03:01 AM
question then, for your Maruaders gathering...would young Severus count? :)

Well, it would be weird seeing Severus actually hanging out with the Marauders, but no weirder than Ron and Hermione hanging out with a random Slytherin instead of Harry (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1206557). So yes, you can join us.

Elendriel
08-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Well, it would be weird seeing Severus actually hanging out with the Marauders, but no weirder than Ron and Hermione hanging out with a random Slytherin instead of Harry (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1206557). So yes, you can join us.

lol. I was just asking to see if I can stop by and get some pics with you guys :D I need some Snape vs maruaders, all that jazz ;)

MaryRyanBogard
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Never mind, all three (four if you count the Marauders gathering) shoots are totally unchanged. They will all be in the Marriott lobby at the times established.

shaebay
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to poke my head in here to say that I'll be bringing a couple of my Umbridge costumes (3 of them), my Slytherin robes, and possibly my Molly Weasley costume. My pictures are in my gallery (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=69167&cat=500)

Elendriel
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
omg awesome!! yes, please bring Mrs. Weasley! :D I'll have Ginny with me

shaebay
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay, I'll probably be wearing Molly on Saturday, so I'd love to get some pictures with a Bellatrix and as many Weasleys as possible. Also, I finally got a better wig, some better shoes, and made an apron. :D

MaryRyanBogard
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Okay, I'll probably be wearing Molly on Saturday, so I'd love to get some pictures with a Bellatrix and as many Weasleys as possible. Also, I finally got a better wig, some better shoes, and made an apron. :D

Well, the Saturday photoshoot is at 3:30 in the Marriott Lobby. I myself will be Ginny for that (and the rest of Saturday), dunno about other Weasleys but a Bellatrix or two might be there (two people claimed they'd be her, but didn't say when).

In other news, the Marauders gathering has been bumped up half an hour and is now at 12:30 pm on Sunday. I wanted to give anyone who was also doing the Disney and/or Kingdom Hearts shoots enough time so that they could possibly do both and still have time to change in between.

Elendriel
08-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Sounds good!

I know I want to go get the Phelps' twins autographs earlier that morning, so we shall see. Shaebay, maybe we can meet up a little later on in the day to get some Weasley pics, as I will be in Rasler (FFXII) until 3 most likely and it'll be hard to get out of that and into HP quickly

Schuldig
08-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Sweet! The Marauder era's lack of love saddens me. I've been looking for people to run around with for this era for so long. I would think more people would cosplay as them......

My wife and I have been cosplaying Remus and Sirius since 2004... we'll be there with one of my BFs, who's an amazing Severus cosplayer....it'd be awesome to meet up for pics XD

We've also got a HUGE Dumbledore's Army group meeting up! We have pretty much everyone, but we'd always love more people! =) Aside that, we'll be running around in our Snape/Lily (at the yule ball), and new professor robes for Remus, Lockhart, and Severus, amongst whatever other HP-stuff we decide on at the last minute. I know I'll wear Regulus, as I couldn't leave my beautiful locket behind. XD

piratelife4me
08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I will show up at the sunday at 4 photoshoot as Bellatrix.

Elendriel
08-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I will show up at the sunday at 4 photoshoot as Bellatrix.

I PMed you about a possible idea for Sunday :D

MaryRyanBogard
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, just one more day left (believe it). Reminder that the Friday shoot is at 2pm, the Saturday shoot at 3:30 pm, the Sunday shoot at 4 pm, and that all three shoots are in the Marriott lobby. In case anyone has difficulty finding us, here's what my costumes look like:

Friday - GoF movie!Ron (this is the exact same costume I wore to Otakon if you saw it there) (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=82767&member=46431)
Saturday - Ginny (as seen in the pics that were clearly taken in a bookstore, i.e. the "Deathly Hallows" release party) (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=66940&member=46431)
Sunday - Marauder!Sirius (though the scarf and robe will be the same ones Ron and Ginny wear as opposed to what those pics show) (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=57710&member=46431)

I look forward to seeing you all there! :)

P. S.: There's also the Marauders gathering Sunday at 12:30pm, also in the Marriott Lobby. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2063676)

MaryRyanBogard
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, the few pics from the Friday shoot I got that I managed to make look even remotely good are now up (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89359&member=46431). I'm still working on the rest.

Now I must beg of anyone and everyone else who took pics at that shoot: since so many of mine turned out so poorly, can I see yours, and would it be okay if I take some (especially the big group shots) for my gallery/blog/own website (the latter once I find it a good host)? I'll give you full credit, I swear!

And big thanks to all of you who showed up for all four shoots! You really made D*C this year fun. :)

Reatrea
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey! I wasn't a big person on the HP track this year! I was just a Narcissa at the Yule Ball. But I did get some pics from the Sun@4 shoot and Yule Ball pics! One random pic and some of the Yule Ball pics have been edited with magic effects!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Sabrina_of_Reatre/Dragon%20Con%202007/

Hope you enjoy them! ^.^

Cinnamon_Spider
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I didn't go to DragonCon but I've always really wanted to, and was wondering if anyone got pictures of the twins and Matthew Lewis. Sorry for invading your thread. :walkoff:

MaryRyanBogard
09-10-2007, 11:47 PM
All right, the pics from the Saturday shoot are now up (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89525&member=46431). And here are my precious few Friday shoot pics if you missed my earlier post (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89359&member=46431). Again, I'm still working on the rest.

For what it's worth, I'm putting up all my pics from the shoots before I put up any others from the con, and my pics from the Marauders gathering will go up next. EDIT: As promised, here are the pics from the Marauders gathering. (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89683&member=46431)

And again, I implore anyone and everyone who has pics from Friday- can i have them? Pretty please? :angel:

MaryRyanBogard
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
All right, I finally got all my pics from each photoshoot up!

The pics from the Friday shoot are here (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89359&member=46431)
The pics from the Saturday shoot are here (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89525&member=46431)
The pics from the Sunday shoot are here (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89947&member=46431)
And here also are the pics from the Marauders gathering (which took place earlier in the day on Sunday) (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89683&member=46431)

If anyone else has pics from any of these (escpecially the Friday one, I have so few from that one), I'd love to have them, if that's all right.

Again, big thanks to all of you who showed up for all four shoots! You really made D*C this year fun. :)

EDIT: Cinnamon Spider, just for you (though the pic isn't that great despite my editing efforts): http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1260801