PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Kuja Costume?

Flarestar
08-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Well, I mostly wonder about how to do the hair.
I want it to look rather like his did, so I don't want to use a normal wig but make one myself, trying to make it look kinda "wild" and get some bigger strains like he has them...

soshi
08-30-2002, 08:04 PM
a normal wig will work fine, you'll just have to style it to get the look you want.

Scoti
08-31-2002, 05:37 PM
I would take a normal purple wig and add long purple feathers half way down the back of the wig and the font bang to give it volume/texture

Rosiel
09-03-2002, 09:59 AM
> I would take a normal purple wig

I'd take a white one myself, not purple. ^___^

Scoti
09-03-2002, 11:50 AM
well maybe not "purple" but like a light lavender?

Flarestar
09-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Still, I am not quite okay with using a normal wig... but if I will, what else could I do to make it look more like the original?

Rosiel
09-03-2002, 02:09 PM
> well maybe not "purple" but like a light lavender?

You'd need to dye a white wig for that... all the lavendar wigs I have seen are pretty day-glo. LOL

Celine
09-05-2002, 08:40 PM
I always thought Kuja's hair was silver. Or maybe white. ^^ Since he's got a good amount of hair, I don't think you could really find a full enough wig to style quite like that.

I would get a medium-length wig to start with and buy some extensions that match in color and texture. Then, sew rows of extensions to the bottom of the wig underneath the hair. You'd probably want to do one set of extensions to the full waist-length, and another to the mid-back, etc., so that you get a nice layered effect. Then, since all the FF9 characters seem to have 'clumpy' (for lack of a better word XD) hair, I would use gel to form the large strands. That will also help them stand out from each other and make the wig fuller. Probably you would want to hairspray it for good measure.

Then, of course, there are always the feathers. I could never tell if he had feathers in his hair besides the ones at the forehead.

katrinastrife
09-06-2002, 08:32 AM
There's this wig I keep seeing around called "perfect" (search for it on most online wig shops, and you'll find it) that has a really nice layering around the face thing... I'd just add the feathers too it. Check it out...

coscrew
09-18-2002, 05:06 PM
i made a wig for mine, it was out of curtain stuff so it was all light and feathery...

if you want, check it out for some ideas

Flarestar
09-19-2002, 08:57 AM
sure, where can I , cos crew?

And, thanks to all the others, you help me lots!

coscrew
09-19-2002, 09:06 AM
well, i've managed to upload one picsture so far lol, or you can jsut find it on our site

http://www15.brinkster.com/realcoscrew

i hope it helps

Flarestar
10-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Cool, looks goodie, but how did you manage to fix the single straws of hair upon your head?