PDA

View Full Version : United Fellas at Afest 2007..

chibi_sasuke_1
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey all:

I just saw the new post for "United Fellas" on the website for Animefest this year. Personally, I've never heard of them :confused: Anybody know what they are famous for or know what they sing?

I was hoping for someone cool like "Flow!" from last year <sigh>...

What do you guys think?

Lady Saea
07-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Umm I'm scared that AnimeFest has lost its flair in finding good musical guests.

Why is it that when I google "united fellas" or toss their name in a search on gendou's music archive or youtube, that I can't find any information on them? And that it sounds like half or more of their set will be covers?

Not to mention that since their concert HAS to be on sunday, one of our group members for the cosplay contest won't be able to attend the cosplay contest. Thanks unknown wierd band.

chibi_sasuke_1
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Umm I'm scared that AnimeFest has lost its flair in finding good musical guests.

Why is it that when I google "united fellas" or toss their name in a search on gendou's music archive or youtube, that I can't find any information on them? And that it sounds like half or more of their set will be covers?

Not to mention that since their concert HAS to be on sunday, one of our group members for the cosplay contest won't be able to attend the cosplay contest. Thanks unknown weird band.

I hope they didn't lose their flair...they've had some really great guests in the past...^^;

But yeah, I know. I couldn't find anything on them either :(

benihime
07-24-2007, 11:05 PM
HOPING that they'll be a replacement for ramen and rice? maybe they're getting another guest?

Marika
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
United Fellas, on a Dogpile search, turns up a HipHop Rap group. I DO hope that's not the case...

gundammrw
07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Once in the forums someone asked the staff if a friend of theirs could play at Afest. they said that their band plays game and anime music. Im wondering if this is the band they were talking about.

Regardless this better not be the band they expect us to want to go see as the main act....thats just getting rather lame on their part. Or atleast send info our way.

Catzilerella
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
NO idea, but sounds kinda cheezy. :crylaugh:
I hope a-fest isn't loosing it's flare.
It'll be my first time attending afest and I would hate for it not to be the greatness that some of my freinds have made it seem in the past.

^_^

Honey Usagi-chi
07-25-2007, 03:16 AM
I never went and saw flow last year. The worst thing I hated about Naruto were the theme songs >_>;;

I'd beg for AnCafe but they probably wanna straighten out Bou's leaving.

But, in this case I'd donate my kidneys to get Olivia (I think Reira's singer) or someone who sung as Nana the anime NANA. Their songs were the best @_@ *runs off to download 'Rose'*

chibi_sasuke_1
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I never went and saw flow last year. The worst thing I hated about Naruto were the theme songs >_>;;

I'd beg for AnCafe but they probably wanna straighten out Bou's leaving.

But, in this case I'd donate my kidneys to get Olivia (I think Reira's singer) or someone who sung as Nana the anime NANA. Their songs were the best @_@ *runs off to download 'Rose'*

Wow...I've never heard of anybody who hated the Naruto theme-songs. Personally, I think they are great and Flow! did a great job too :bigtu:

Well, being that An Cafe was at Akon this past June though they didn't play anything >.< and the lady who sings for NANA was at Anime Expo earlier in the month, the chances of seeing these people are not very good :lost:

Here's to hoping that Afest brings a better band! *crosses fingers

Marika
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Here's to hoping that Afest brings a better band! *crosses fingers

AnCafe did promise that next time they're in the US they'd play, but they've got a ways to go before they've got their new members settled as actual band members and not parts of the behind the scenes band.

And dear god, I hope they bring someone else and this current group is just an opener. Otherwise, they're settling into the lovely realm of cover bands, and that... is scary.

If all else fails, that's what playing cards and board games are for.

Honey Usagi-chi
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
*sniff* That's why I wanna go to AnimeEXPO, their guests are awesome! They even had CLAMP! TT-TT

Anna
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
*sniff* That's why I wanna go to AnimeEXPO, their guests are awesome! They even had CLAMP! TT-TT

Well if I were you I'd stay away next year. Unless they get the whole location thing sorted out to somewhere better than downtown LA miles away from any hotel.

Honey Usagi-chi
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Hopefully that will sort itself out, luckily I'm not too concerned 'bout it x_X; I'd only be freaked out if that evil monkey in family guy's closet popped out randomly and gave me the point.

Mune-Pop
07-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Nothing came up on Wiki, either. >.< I hope it's just an opening band or something.

Honey Usagi-chi
07-25-2007, 10:59 PM
*sniff* maybe next year we could get Anna inspi' NANA and Olivia inspi' REIRA Darn california this year Midna budget...*pouts inaudibly*

Miss_Mikado
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
This is too wierd.
A band no one has ever heard of..or with no website of theirs.
Think they could be new or maybe part of the opening for THE band coming? If so, that could be the case. Otherwise....what the heck?

Marika
07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
According to the forums... that's it. There IS no other band:

"Hello Everyone,
Let me try to address some of your concerns.

In the next day or so we will be posting a lot more information on our band. I will not go into all the details here, but you will not find information on the web about "United Fellas", mainly as they are not with any specific label.

I can assure you the performance will be great and the concert a truly unique experience. This year, rather than bring in a major band on a major label (as we have done many times before), we wanted to do something that no one else has done (to our knowledge) previously at a con...and try to deliver our members a unique event that they will not soon forget.

Please keep checking the Guests section on the web site for more information.

Best regards and see you at AF2007!"

Definately packing cards and maybe a board game as well.

Disco Aizen
07-29-2007, 02:25 PM

"Hello Everyone,

In the next day or so we will be posting a lot more information on our band. I will not go into all the details here, but you will not find information on the web about "United Fellas", mainly as they are not with any specific label.

I can assure you the performance will be great and the concert a truly unique experience. This year, rather than bring in a major band on a major label (as we have done many times before), we wanted to do something that no one else has done (to our knowledge) previously at a con...and try to deliver our members a unique event that they will not soon forget.

Uverworld...Asian Kung fu generation...All hope is crushed..~_~ So instead we get a band *looks at their picture* of old people who did background musics for random anime? The con gods have forsaken us...This is a bad omen for this con. >_<

gundammrw
07-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Why do cons think stuff like this is a good idea? They try to do "unique" things. Or something "revolutionary". When in all reality is that they are going with people or options that are cheaper and easier to find. Akon did the same thing. Especially with the game room. They said they were going to do something "new and exciting" and all it was was a damn mech simulator. No one wanted it plus you had to pay to play it. The only thing we wanted was a console room. And instead of admitting that they didn't want to go through the trouble of making a console room all their own they did what they did.

I had alot of respect for Afest for bringing FLOW to the con last year. It was the best concert I had been to. I was looking forward another high grade band that I've heard before in opening or ending credits. Someone who I would go to concert for if I lived in Japan but since I dont they bring them here for us to enjoy. Instead we get a second rate band that probably doesn't even attract a crowd in Japan. Im disappointed. No, Im ashamed. I told my friends that Afest was the con to go to because they had a good sense for what people WANTED. Now Im going to have to tell them that I was wrong. The staff and higher ups of Afest have disappointed me. I know that "theFINAL" is a staff member and Im sure that she had no say in this so please dont take it as an offense. Honestly if I lived closer to Dallas I would have volunteered to be on the comity so that the voice of con goers could be heard on this matter.

If they plan to salvage this at all I think all the info about the band including ALL the anime they have participated in and to what effect they did should be posted AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. They should also include audio clips of some of their music.

Honestly I'm glad the concert is on Sunday. That way if I'm disappointed in the info they post or lack there of (for example if they don't release info til the last minute so that people don't do what I'm going to do) I can just get a badge for Saturday and just do cosplay stuff on Sunday and Monday. I dont want to support a con on the days that they put forth lack luster efforts in their programing.

And thats my view on it. You can pick and prod what I've said all you want. But its my honest opinion. And YES the concert DOES make a difference at the con. Its the highlight of the con for me. A bad concert wont make me not come to a con (As Akon has proven) but it will make me doubt whether or not I want to come back (For example Akon has made me and alot of friends decide not to attend next year).

Honey Usagi-chi
07-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Hah, gundam, I cannot help but agree. Anime Expo certainly stepped up and got 2 hit singers of a hit anime, NANA, that are the sheezneet. I don't like Naruto but FLOW was a big hit last year for all the Naruto fans, and Maaya Sakamoto was an excellent idol as well. *sigh* Maybe all the cool people were reserved? I don't know x3 Ramen & Rice are WAY better than these United fellas people. *sniffle*

Oh well, I don't stay most of Sunday though. Just till about 1-2 p.m

Disco Aizen
07-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Let us double our efforts into making the cosplay photo shoots better to make up for the crappy "unique" band thats coming. This makes Aizen sad. *tries to cut self but strong reitsu gets in the way* :bigcry:

benihime
07-30-2007, 02:50 AM
thats REALLY really REALLY stupid.

so instead of having someone like ramen and rice AND a band from a label lets just BE CHEAP and get someone like ramen and rice (although if it were JUST THEM that'd be cool, but its not. its cheap immitation) sigh.

Danzikumaru
07-30-2007, 03:26 AM

Without Ramen and Rice, it makes me wonder what the cosplay halftime show is going to be.

Disco Aizen
07-30-2007, 03:34 AM
We should make T-shirts that boycott the concert. The shirts should say..Don't fly United. XD

Miss_Mikado
07-30-2007, 03:49 AM

"Hello Everyone,

I think I'll bring my iPod to this one.
Really and truly, (and I hate to be rude and all).....this is pretty much crazy.
I'm happy about the Guest list of voice actors....don't think I would be excited about the concert. I'll definitely miss the FLOW concert..which was kick ass I should say. ^_^

Oh well..if that's how it is, then that's how it is.
Least AFest will be fun. So, I'll try not to complain much about it.

Anna
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
It's official!

Anime Fest has jumped the shark! -_-

The con can still be fun, but unless the find some way to remediate the band issue ASAP they might have some losses in their attendance count. Because even though the con itself is pretty fun, I always thought the main draw-point for them was their ability to book awesome bands.

We should all just go have a photoshoot during the concert.

DeadlySerenade
07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Haha. Watching you people shit bricks over the con's band choice is much too amusing. And what's even funnier, I could have sworn I saw some of you people over in the A-Kon board complaining about how A-kon was becoming concert-centered.
Last I checked, anime conventions were there for people to come together who like anime. Not about some big name Japanese band. :P

orangepassion
07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree with DeaslySerenade. Seriously. This convention is as big as AnimeEXPO. So why are you comparing the two?

I do understand that a mainstream guest would bring in more con goers and such but I'm actually looking forward to the concert and meeting the band. I trust Afest's judgement on this since they've brought such good experiences in the past couple of years I've attended.

If United Fellas isn't a hit then the Afest committee will notice and not make the same mistake again next year.

Saejima
07-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Haha. Watching you people shit bricks over the con's band choice is much too amusing. And what's even funnier, I could have sworn I saw some of you people over in the A-Kon board complaining about how A-kon was becoming concert-centered.
Last I checked, anime conventions were there for people to come together who like anime. Not about some big name Japanese band. :P

I so agree to this for these reasons:

I thought a Afest,akon, AX, or any con was about getting togther and hanging out or making new friends and sharing a common intrests in something. I think most of you are whinning and crying over something so trivial as a stupid band. Its not like its the only thing at this con. and come now people. Try the saying: "Dont knock it till you try it." All im saying is that there is more to a con then just a concert. broden your minds lol. I think this thread doesnt make sense. I dont know about you but im there for my bleach friend and a good drink at the Bar. I dont need a concert to be the highlight of my Con. So for you people who want to boycott a stupid little concert go ahead Ill sit back and watch and eat popcorn XD

STUPID MAINSTREAMERS!!!!!

gundammrw
07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
*shakes head* If the band and concert didn't matter then they wouldn't have one in the first place ne? And its our right to complain, we are paying customers. You guys might see it as a place to gather but in all reality people can gather in other places other than cons (For example in Cali they have picnic gatherings for cosplayers). But since we do and pay to do so we expect a certain level of attention to our needs. And as far as "waiting for mistakes" go. There's nothing wrong in spotting a mistake coming and trying to prevent or lessen the mistake. If we always waited for a mistake to happen just to learn from it we might not always have the luxury of a next time. As far as concerts not being the only thing at a con. This is true, but its on the list.

Now just so you know, this isn't a rant on those who are disagreeing with our opinion on this subject. We have th right to put forth our opinion's and complain, you have the right to complain about our complaining and now Im using my right to justify our opinion. Its a simple as that.

Saejima
07-30-2007, 03:29 PM
*shakes head* If the band and concert didn't matter then they wouldn't have one in the first place ne? And its our right to complain, we are paying customers. You guys might see it as a place to gather but in all reality people can gather in other places other than cons (For example in Cali they have picnic gatherings for cosplayers). But since we do and pay to do so we expect a certain level of attention to our needs. And as far as "waiting for mistakes" go. There's nothing wrong in spotting a mistake coming and trying to prevent or lessen the mistake. If we always waited for a mistake to happen just to learn from it we might not always have the luxury of a next time. As far as concerts not being the only thing at a con. This is true, but its on the list.

Now just so you know, this isn't a rant on those who are disagreeing with our opinion on this subject. We have th right to put forth our opinion's and complain, you have the right to complain about our complaining and now Im using my right to justify our opinion. Its a simple as that.

Be that as it may that still doesnt justify the fact. That you can bash a band that you never heard of. Just by saying you dont know what they sound like or look like. Doesnt mean there bad. For all you know you can go in there and be like "Hey thats awesome sounding" or you can say "oh well they suck" Opinions are nothing if you never heard of them. How do you know this is a mistake. Try new things. Its no fun to stick with the same change is good
Im not starting an argument this is just a discussion on something that afest decided and apparantly because you never heard of the band makes it bad. I knd of like the idea of taking the road of non mainstream and trying something new. Personally I will give the ma shot if they dont meet my expectation oh well I ll state how I felt on the matter.

Yes....That is correct I am a liberal

gundammrw
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
You obviously missed my first post, Im going to the concert to give them a shot. But thats all they are getting. If it turns out to be alot of BGM, I dashing for something more entertaining. Im saying its a mistake because they seem to be going the route that Akon is going by using "Unique" or "different" terms. Change is good, but rarely have cons changed something for the better. Everyone here is a cosplayer, can you honestly say that Akon has been making changes for the better? Now Afest is starting to say the same things that Akon did back then. So Im trying to avoid the same mistakes.

Also I forgot to mention that they are having an actual singer. She performed at Afest in 2002 apparently. She is listed on the page with United Fellas as a "vocal band". I found her most popular song on Youtube and frankly its not to my taste. Its was too bubblegum pop for me. Her name is Kitaki Mayu.

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-30-2007, 03:56 PM

I disagree. By having big-name bands in the past (FLOW, Move, Maaya Sakamoto, etc.) AFest has set a precedent that they will have impressive musical guests. Having such a little-known act is a huge let-down to the attendees who look forward to the concert, and it's an even stranger occurence that long-time guests Ramen and Rice aren't playing. WTF?!

And I've never been one to argue that the concerts aren't a big part of anime conventions in general. AFest, like Anime Expo, A-Kon, and pretty much every other convention in the states have branched out to focus more on Japanese/"geek" pop-culture than anime by itself. Why else would the conventions have game rooms, music video rooms, gaming tournaments, American comic artists and all the other guests and events that are only vaguely related to anime? The JPop concerts are for many attendees--including myself!--a major factor in going to a con in the first place.

I don't want to say anything negative about the current band--since we have no clips or valuable information to begin with, such comments would be unfounded--and I really hope that they blow everyone away with their performance! But I'm really sick of being let down by anime conventions! You know that things have gotten pretty crappy when A-Kon--as opposed to AnimeFEST or even AX--is the bright spot in your convention year. @__@

Saejima
07-30-2007, 04:25 PM
You obviously missed my first post, Im going to the concert to give them a shot. But thats all they are getting. If it turns out to be alot of BGM, I dashing for something more entertaining. Im saying its a mistake because they seem to be going the route that Akon is going by using "Unique" or "different" terms. Change is good, but rarely have cons changed something for the better. Everyone here is a cosplayer, can you honestly say that Akon has been making changes for the better? Now Afest is starting to say the same things that Akon did back then. So Im trying to avoid the same mistakes.

Also I forgot to mention that they are having an actual singer. She performed at Afest in 2002 apparently. She is listed on the page with United Fellas as a "vocal band". I found her most popular song on Youtube and frankly its not to my taste. Its was too bubblegum pop for me. Her name is Kitaki Mayu.

OK I apologize for missing that part in your post. All im saying was is who cares and most con do change for the better look at Anime Matsuri. That is a con that needs major changes. and A-kon has become to formal and his struk with power hunger security guards. Remember Gun I was never an avid supporter of a-kon and you know that. I was back when it was akon 14 and 15 but nothing further then that. Like when An Cafe was at akon but didnt paly that frustrated me. I dont know about you but im there for the bleachers, the bar, the photoshoots, and ther for just good ol times XD

Disco Aizen
07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I disagree. By having big-name bands in the past (FLOW, Move, Maaya Sakamoto, etc.) AFest has set a precedent that they will have impressive musical guests. Having such a little-known act is a huge let-down to the attendees who look forward to the concert, and it's an even stranger occurence that long-time guests Ramen and Rice aren't playing. WTF?!

And I've never been one to argue that the concerts aren't a big part of anime conventions in general. AFest, like Anime Expo, A-Kon, and pretty much every other convention in the states have branched out to focus more on Japanese/"geek" pop-culture than anime by itself. Why else would the conventions have game rooms, music video rooms, gaming tournaments, American comic artists and all the other guests and events that are only vaguely related to anime? The JPop concerts are for many attendees--including myself!--a major factor in going to a con in the first place.

I don't want to say anything negative about the current band--since we have no clips or valuable information to begin with, such comments would be unfounded--and I really hope that they blow everyone away with their performance! But I'm really sick of being let down by anime conventions! You know that things have gotten pretty crappy when A-Kon--as opposed to AnimeFEST or even AX--is the bright spot in your convention year. @__@

I agree. A-kon has gotten so horrible in the last years that I don't even want to bother going anymore. Thats why I always looked forward to Animefest because of their great shows and events that they host. Sure I go there for friends, but I pay money to go to a convention to do things that the convention has to offer as well. If I just wanted to cosplay with friends and drink I could do that at my house for free.

Saejima
07-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree. A-kon has gotten so horrible in the last years that I don't even want to bother going anymore. Thats why I always looked forward to Animefest because of their great shows and events that they host. Sure I go there for friends, but I pay money to go to a convention to do things that the convention has to offer as well. If I just wanted to cosplay with friends and drink I could do that at my house for free.

Here here!!!

I agree to that as I said before akon is too formal now and has to many power hungry security guards. I go to cons just to be with friend and make new ones,for the dealer rooms to look at all the nifty stuff, to go to photoshoots and cosplay, to the raves granted I could drink and hang out with friends at home but I turn 21 a week before afest so I want a Mahito so badly and I heard the hotel serves REALLY good ones. But how often can you hang out with your out of state friends? and how often can you have memories such as these im a party guy i like to go out for my partys XD granted you dont need to pay at afest to hang out with friends and when your 21 thats when your friends buy you the drinks!!!

Danzikumaru
07-30-2007, 06:32 PM

I work in the convention business and I can say that complaints are a VERY GOOD THING! If people don't complain with valid criticism, the con will not know if a decision is bad or good. Negative feedback is JUST as important as positive.

Saejima
07-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Complaints are good they build charecter to a con and alow it to help build and stablizie everything a con goer wants granted i dont like people who complain about stuff without giving it a try first.

Danzikumaru
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Complaints are good they build charecter to a con and alow it to help build and stablizie everything a con goer wants granted i dont like people who complain about stuff without giving it a try first.

Well, let's be realistic. The first impression of this band is null. There is almost literally nothing on them anywhere. The complete lack of any notireity can be validly complained about. One of the main purposes of selecting guests for a convention is determining their drawing power. And United Fellas has NO drawing power, by the looks of it.

Miss_Mikado
07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, let's be realistic. The first impression of this band is null. There is almost literally nothing on them anywhere. The complete lack of any notireity can be validly complained about. One of the main purposes of selecting guests for a convention is determining their drawing power. And United Fellas has NO drawing power, by the looks of it.

And that's what really concerns us all.
This is a first for me to experience having a band with no information on what they play come to a convention as Guest of Honor.
It even makes me more concern on what I'm paying for to attend the convention and the concert.

And yes, I do agree that complaining is a good thing. If people have concerns or questions of what's going on and they don't like the looks of it, it's best they say how they feel. I'm expressing how I'm feeling about all this from the second page.
And yet from one of the post, I guess it wouldn't hurt to hear them for once. If all goes well, then great. If not, let's hope next year will be better.

Saejima
07-31-2007, 09:04 AM
They could be like an underground band.

My g/f is part of the Afest staff I think she told me she had stuff on them Ill listen to it and try to get a link for it up here. I believe if we find out now we'll be able to determine it. But lets also understand that there are more people then just us at the con. So who knows maybe the majority of con goers will like it some will not who knows. But as I said before I know a concert is an event at a con but granted your whole con cant be ruined because you didnt like the band they palyed Ive heard people say " The band was so horrible my life is over this con has been ruined im going home." -.-
I personally think thats a stupid excuse for a con to suck if one losy band doesnt suit peoples needs.

Danzikumaru
07-31-2007, 03:23 PM
They could be like an underground band.

So underground there is literally nothing on them to be known after thorough searching on multiple search engines? It just seems stupid that a con would spend money on a band with absolutely no drawning power. And let's face it, there literally is NO drawing power for this band. Not because of how they sound, but purely because NO ONE has heard of them. A con is NOT the sort of place you try and play Star Search.

Disco Aizen
07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
So underground there is literally nothing on them to be known after thorough searching on multiple search engines? It just seems stupid that a con would spend money on a band with absolutely no drawning power. And let's face it, there literally is NO drawing power for this band. Not because of how they sound, but purely because NO ONE has heard of them. A con is NOT the sort of place you try and play Star Search.

I agree with you on that. Animefest's sales are going to take a big dip due to this band they're showing. Not to say that this band is 100% bad, its just that majority of the sales are due to the popular " mainstream" bands that come to a convention. Less people will lead to less sales, less sales could lead to less funding to keep the con at a decent quality as it has been for a long time now.

Saejima
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Danzikumaru- lol Yes there really underground they are a relatively new band
I heard them today -.- <.< >.> >.< 0.0 -.-

Where to start first on this band?

DIsco Aizen-Very well put I agree in retrospect of the economic value that a band brings to a con.

Apparantly they did the background music for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Marika
07-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Apparantly they did the background music for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

...which I've never watched and never will watch because I don't care for the animation, story, characters... so name me something else and I may reconsider that deck of playing cards.

Arei
07-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I think..maybe thats one of the songs theyll be playing but I dont think they did the song originally.

Some of the shows having music that is to be performed are: Chobits, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Witch Hunter Robin, Beck, Cowboy Bebop, R.O.D., Noein, Kiki's Delivery Service, Hayate no Gotoku!, Nodame Cantible, and more.

Theyre just playing a bunch of covers and thats all really. If you read through their bios they have only contributed or overseen production on songs. From wot Im getting off there none of them have actually written or preformed any of the songs for the shows mentioned. I might go check it out but if its just going to be a bunch of BGM and covers Im walking out..cos thats boring.

And thats my two cents on this subject.

Marika
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
I think..maybe thats one of the songs theyll be playing but I dont think they did the song originally.

Theyre just playing a bunch of covers and thats all really. If you read through their bios they have only contributed or overseen production on songs. From wot Im getting off there none of them have actually written or preformed any of the songs for the shows mentioned. I might go check it out but if its just going to be a bunch of BGM and covers Im walking out..cos thats boring.

And thats my two cents on this subject.

I'll probably end up doing the same. Like my boss said this morning, "Everyone deserves a first chance. If they blow that, then no more chances for them."

Saejima
08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I'll probably end up doing the same. Like my boss said this morning, "Everyone deserves a first chance. If they blow that, then no more chances for them."

I agree to that but if they suck oh well. Its not the end of the world -.-
Im surpirsed that nobody form the Afest staff is aware of all these complaints.

thefinal
08-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh we are. XD Luckily this isn't exactly my department but there's nothing we can do about our musical guest now. Even though I've been on AF Staff for 3-4 years now, I have never once been to any of our concerts -shrugs- Even BEFORE I was on AF Staff I still never went to a concert. I guess concerts don't motivate me much at cons and for two, I really don't want my hearing to be crap as I get older.

In regards to everything that's said - I think everyone is questioning exactly what the band is about, but if you want to give them a try - do so. If you don't, then I'm sure there's something else to do.

EDIT: And yes, I know there are those of you that believe you are paying money to see a band as well, but in all honesty, that's something you need to take up with the Guest Director yourself if you don't like what occurred after the concert has happened. That or some of the discussion needs to be moved to the AF Forums because we really do read through the threads and personally, I strongly encourage CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Well, I don't want to get involved in all of this mess with the band ~ so, if you guys go - hope it's worth your time :D

Saejima
08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Well I guess that means meeting dismissed XD *smacks gazzel against the table*