PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Ready?!?

TR5368
05-08-2003, 02:00 AM
Its only 3 weeks away! Im really excited! :D

Ringo
05-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Ready?!?! HA!

I'm glad there is still 3 weeks I have a costume to start and finish by then, plus put the finishing touches on others.

It's gonna be fun though!

accelagirl
05-08-2003, 02:58 AM
amen, ringo. amen.

@_______@

grandis
05-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Ready? Ha! I say unto you! And ha again!

The only costumes I have COMPLETELY ready are Cutey Honey's pink dress, Boogie Pop Phantom and Yomi from Azumanga Daioh.

Two costumes rely on making a new pair of white boots, and they will be ready: Merle Strife and Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star.

I have almost the entire costume to make yet for Natsuki from Hyper Police, although the semester is winding down at school, so I can stop teaching and start sewing!

I think I'll make it.

See you all there!

Grandis

Koumori
05-08-2003, 09:02 AM
3 weeks? Omigod. Omigod. I have nothing to wear. *hyperventilates* *passes out*

TR5368
05-08-2003, 01:36 PM
*Looking for a bucket of water*

haha..good luck finishing the costumes everyone!

See you all There! :)

psythe
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Ready to go ^_^;;

Tickets bought, lodging sorted, gotta get my pass to the con, but i can do that there :)

JgPocky
05-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by grandis

The only costumes I have COMPLETELY ready are Cutey Honey's pink dress, Boogie Pop Phantom and Yomi from Azumanga Daioh.

YOMI! YAY!
*cough*

die-sama
05-08-2003, 10:06 PM
NOT READYYY!! *CRIES*

erikadoor
05-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Erika here.

Grandis, YOMI? *flails about whilst beset with paroxysms of joy* I'll see you there in my Chiyo-chan...we'll have the height difference spot on.
*grins* I've got three costumes to complete before A-Kon...two commissions and the above-mentioned Chiyo....not to mention a fuckload of art and the fact I'm hitting ACen two weeks before. It'll all be done tho'....I've been this busy since Katsu.
Back to work....*works on a new illo*

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

accelagirl
05-09-2003, 02:09 AM
Panic Factor: High?

grandis
05-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Erika:

NICE!!!!

I have Yomi's summer uniform. Can we get together for some photos, say Saturday or Sunday? Friday is all about Natsuki and Sakura with Kytty Pride, and then Cutey Honey in the LIFE LARP. What say you? :)

Happy that this happened!

Grandis

Scortia
05-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Erika:
Friday is all about Natsuki and Sakura with Kytty Pride

Are you gonna have Natsuki and Sakura cosplays? *_* I'm going as Sakura... on Saturday, though, because I'm recycling the wig with my Inu Yasha cosplayer friend. ^^;; My God, I bet there'll be at least 15 Inu Yasha and Chii cosplayers this year. ^^;;

Makoto
05-09-2003, 01:59 PM
iya~n, three weeks! [worry worry]

I'm actually doing okay, thanks to my long sad job-hunting period here where I've been so frustrated I've done nothing in my free time but sew. XD The only costume that really needs work is Uematsu Koboshi. The rest is all touch-ups and finishes... I hope. ^_^

kelldar
05-09-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm at least about 50% finished with my four new costumes... but none are completely done *_* still have to do repair and stuff to my old costumes I'm taking!! eeeeee!!

Space Invader
05-09-2003, 11:50 PM
O_o...

Being the fickle I am, I switched costumes. Yeah, I'm a dork. I have Vela half done (including her blaster), and I decide to do something else. *sigh*

I don't know if anyone will recognize me or not... I'll be Marron from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, in an outfit you see in one manga promo picture... it's all pink, black, gold, and silver, with little angel wings on the back (see attachment). I get to use my own hair though, so that's a plus. Cuts $30-$40 for a decent wig right there ^_^.

-Boots: Bought them on sale for $10 (whoo!), need to put the decos on (the decos will look similar to what's on the hat)
-"Metal" cuffs and chip pieces: Done. I painted some cabachon gems I never ever use silver for the studs and superglued them on the vinyl ^_^.
-Hat: Half done. Got the form all done, need to cover it with my black spandex and put the decos on. And little pieces so I can pin it in my hair (I don't do chinstraps).
-Cross pin: Done. Yay for Paperclay and superglue.

I still have to get white material and gloves, dye them pink (I'm dying them together so they turn out the exact same color), buy the gold ribbon-style lace for the trims, get black elastic, get two hair scrunchies (you know, the kind that have the curly-ish fake hair on them... I need them for the buns... I've got thick hair, but not ANIME kinda thick ^_^;; ), gold ribbon (for hat and boot decos), and a pattern I can mess with for the dress. I haven't mastered pattern-ing out very fitted garments like this one yet, I gotta get something I can tinker with ^_^. Socks will be easy... stretchy pink fabric (dyed pink with the rest of the material) with black elastic garters on the tops of them. I'm going to make the wings out of the BIG, broad white feathers. The little spiral pieces will be made out of something else, and then coverd with the tiny, short feathers (not fluffy). I don't know how I'm going to attach them, though... maybe I should PM Rosiel and ask how she does her harness set-up thingie... I all else fails, I'm gonna make a harness and use clear elastic on it so it doesn't stand out horribly.

I'm going to have to use my heat set spray stuff on my hair to get it to stick out and curl right. That stuff makes your hair stiff as a piece of cardboard... I'm not kidding. It's great for anime hair ^_^.

Yay. My boots have spike heels, so it should be fun to try and walk around in them all day...

Ringo
05-10-2003, 12:14 AM
I love that outfit! Can't wait to see it. ^_^
I might do it one day, or at least on of Marons outfits.

kyandi-chan
05-10-2003, 03:18 AM
*itches and twitches* darnit! i need to work on my Kingdom Hearts sora...at least i got the wig! but Ni the wolf from mononoke is finished. *pets*

http://www.geocities.com/hitomi495/sora_wig01.jpg

cut and paste the link into the bar to get it to work...its a crummy picture that needs more color and i need makeup but its soooo cool. i wuv it.

Tifa Lockheart
05-10-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm all set! I can't wait, I'm so excited!!! ^__^

Space Invader
05-10-2003, 09:56 PM
>I love that outfit! Can't wait to see it. ^_^

I bought everything but the pink dye, gold trim, and hair scruchies today ^_^. Maybe I'll get those on monday...

BTW Ringo, you have any idea on how well nylon and/or polyester takes RIT dye? I got polyester gloves and nylon thigh-high stockings, but they need to be dyed with the rest of the material... if it doesn't work on the stockings I have a backup plan, but if it doesn't on the gloves, I'm screwed.

<-- *has tried to make her own gloves before and failed MISERABLY*

Ringo
05-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Well I haven't really dyed 100% polyester, but I have dyed lycra which is usually part polyester. It dyed MUCH lighter than the box color, even with a nice long soak. I needed cocoa brown it turned out a latte color. I would suggest dying the gloes with the pink dye you have and then if they are not dark enough trying it again with red dye.
If worse comes to worse than you could make gloves out of the material you used for the dress. They stink to make but it can be done, the secret is to make the thumb as a seperate piece. ^_^

Koumori
05-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Polyester tends not to take dye very well, because the fiber is essentially plastic, and really needs to have color put into it at the factory. You *may* be able to get it to take some color, but it won't take very deep, may rub off, and is generally a royal crapshoot. Only natural fibers can be dyed reliably.

TR5368
05-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Yes..Im a slacker and still havnt ordered my ticket lol *smacks self* I am all packed an ready to go though! Tifa, I officially challenge u to a game of StarCraft on the way there ;) hehee...Im gonna get smacked..lol

Tifa Lockheart
05-11-2003, 02:30 AM
I accept!! ^__^ hehe I will get my butt kicked ;_;

katchoo
05-12-2003, 02:06 AM
eeee! I am so excited for the con! But I am not ready. I still have to finish like three outfits!

Also I might be moving to dallas this week, so wow I'll be cutting it close! haha

see you all there!

accelagirl
05-12-2003, 02:18 AM
*sobs* no no!! too close! SLOW DOWN A-KON SLOW DOWN!!! >_<

grandis
05-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Scortia:

Friday, in theory between 2-4, we'll be in the suits. Come as Sakura and take pictures with us!

Grandis

Scortia
05-12-2003, 09:15 AM
*sniff* Nope, no Sakura for me on Friday... but I'll be sure to get a photo of y'all. ^.^

FoxFireOtaku
05-13-2003, 09:00 PM
OMG! I'm counting the days...Not too much to worry on my part...I'm not cosplaying this time...I have to focus on finals...but I'm looking forward to A-Kon more than the last day of school! OMG! Lol...I'm freaking out I'm so excited...

I finally got my mom to book us a hotel room at the Harvey...lol...so now we have somewhere to sleep... all we must do now is fight over who gets to drive what car...and pack...

After I make another...$200 at my jobs...::sigh:: next year remind me to start saving earlier!

Ack!
Yay!

TR5368
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
I believe that friday ill just be wearing my fanboy costume..lol ;)

StarMegami
05-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Arg! It's getting too close...>__<
The main part of my costumes are done...just got to hem them both...but all the extras...eep
Deedlit's accessories haven't even been started...but Mana's are nearly done! Just gotta finish the gloves and flowers, Yay! ^__^

Well, I should get to work on finishing Deedlit's dress...the black fabric makes me happy ^__^;;

TR5368
05-16-2003, 09:27 PM
2 weeks from today is THE day! :)

Scortia
05-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Ugh,... waaaaay too soon. Damn winter slothness, I need to drop at least 10 pounds before A-kon or my costumes won't fit right... guess it's time to stop eating anything but fruits, veggies, and protein and to work out non-stop. ^^;; Desperation time!

Space Invader
05-16-2003, 11:25 PM
*runs in panicked circles*

ARRRRRGH! I still need to dye my fabric, sew up everything, make the hat, finish the cuffs (forgot about the damn edging), AND MAKE THE WINGS! *faints*

This weekend... I work. Insanely. No going out for me!

*locks self in room with all her cosplay materials*

kyandi-chan
05-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Sora...needs....keyblade...and everything....must work like insane mad girl! But at least my fursuit is done for mononoke's Ni. and I have a princess peachcostume that i've been slowly putting together. now all i gotta do is dye some fabric (poor space invader) and paint my shoes. im finally gonna walk in heels.

but i cant wear my lovely merle costume... it was my first cosplay and im too little to wear it now. i lost like 40 pounds since the beginning of the year and ...im happy..but MAD!!!!! i love merle! grrr...and my really neat meredy (tales of destiny II/tales of eternia) costume is so baggy....GRRR damn weight lose...its good but bad!

Space Invader
05-17-2003, 09:37 PM
I gotta redo my fabric ;_;. It came out with tie-dye effect cause my Mom wouldn't let me dye it in the washer like it's supposed to be done. I had to use a huge plastic bucket >_<.

Well, she's paying for more dye. At least it came out the right color overall.

Whew! Today I got my hat and my cuffs all done. Hopefully tomorrow I can start sewing the dress (if Mom decides to go buy me more dye tonight). I gotta get working on the wings, but I don't think they'll take too much time. I'm the hot glue gun master :D.

Scortia
05-17-2003, 11:01 PM
I have to report an injury... For the sake of razor-cutting a wig I suffered 3 exacto knife cuts... one being a big gash on the tip of my pointing finger. *sniff* Typing is difficult and I'm not nearly finished with the wig yet. ^^;;

die-sama
05-18-2003, 12:42 AM
2 more weeks NOT READY X_X;;; COSTUME neeeds to be MAde!@

Space Invader
05-18-2003, 06:55 PM
AHHH! I redyed my fabric today and it came out great... it's all evenly colored now, thank goodness. I was starting to get quite irritated with it O_<.

I'm gonna start on the wings tonight (hopefully). I'm almost done with altering the dress pattern, not too much left to do on that. Once I have that done, I'm pretty much home free. It's easy after that... the dress is all straight seams, and the lace trim won't be hard to sew on. Gloves will be hand made, as sewing machines are the bane of all glove-making (yes, I have tried X_X).

Hooray.

Koumori
05-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Okay, my Preventers uniform is coming along nicely; skirt is done, jacket is about half-finished. Still need the arm patches and to whip up an ID badge, but that's what Photoshop is for.

Belldandy is done, of course.

grandis
05-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Bring it on! I finished Natsuki last night.

Grandis' Costumes at Akon this Year

Friday: Natsuki from Hyper Police (2nd version of Uniform)
Cutey Honey (Pink and White Dress)

Saturday: Merle Strife from Trigun
Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star
Yomi from Azumanga Daioh
Boogie Pop from Boogie Pop Phantom

Nothing flashy like last year's Valkyrie from Valkyrie Profile, 'cause I'm making Pirotase for Anime Iowa, but that's what'll be there.

See you guys soon.

Grandis

Eurobeat King
05-21-2003, 05:39 PM
My costumes are done, but it's all a matter of WHEN I'll be wearing them. I'm pairing a few costumes up with a friend for pics, and mainly solo-cosplay for the weekend while dashing backnforth, taking pics. :) Here's my costume list:

Shinji
Saitou
King
Ohgami
Jann Lee (regular & DOAX version :skidude: )
Hibiki

See you all next week!!

I'm glad I got them already packed, since I've been also working on my big costume for Fanime, 3 weeks after a-kon. :thumbsup: So as soon as I got back from a-cen, i began packing for A-kon. I can't wait for it either.. ;)

TR5368
05-23-2003, 04:49 PM
1 more week! ;) pressures on!

katchoo
05-23-2003, 07:04 PM
eeee! I am sooo excited! I can't wait to meet people there! It's my first con!!

erikadoor
05-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Erika here.

Since I got my long brown wig in, my costume schedule has changed.
Early Friday: Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh [gomen, Grandis! That's when the group's happening..]
Late Friday: Angel from King of Fighters
Saturday: Garnet [long-hair version...finally!] from Final Fantasy IX
Sunday: Scherezard from War of Genesis III

Costumes may be switched around if I run into groups or whatnot, but those are the ones that are going.
Feel free to stop by my art table and say hello, and perhaps a few more words than that even.
I've still got so much art to do.....

Erika Door

Rosiel
05-26-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm currently running around like a headless chicken making a Flame Champion costume for a friend and finishing my own masquerade costume...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

That being said, I need to return to my work, as I am flying out tomorrow morning.

caelestis
05-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Eep I have today, tomorrow, and Thursday to finish... I swear I'll be sewing during the drive there :b

I'm 95% done with everything though. Decided to make little heartless hands for a heartless costume I put together in 2 hours... go me :D

Scortia
05-26-2003, 09:12 PM
A-kon just crept up on me this month... ^^;; Luckily, I finished my three costumes... I never found the white shoes I needed for one costume, so hopefully people will ignore my feet. :P Is there going to be a cosplay.com meeting of any sort there?

Space Invader
05-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Sadly, I don't have time to finish Maron, so I'm re-wearing my Hikaru dress. I've been busy putting more trimming and stuff on it. I swear I'm going to hate beads by the time I'm done with it...

die-sama
05-27-2003, 01:10 AM
*CRIES like a 5 yr old*
i hateee this costumeee
i'm loosing bloooodd to it! !Literally *cries*
evilllll thinggggggg ;;_;;

*runs around and whimpers*
i wish akon was NEXT WEEK :-: not THIS week!!

psythe
05-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by katchoo24
eeee! I am sooo excited! I can't wait to meet people there! It's my first con!!

Hopefully not the last!

It's time...2 more days til I hop a flight to Dallas :bigtu:

Bring it on!

Koumori
05-27-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by die-chan

i'm loosing bloooodd to it! !Literally *cries*

It's not a real costume until it has blood on it.

katchoo
05-27-2003, 12:02 PM
*giggles* so is it a bad sign if you are still sewing the night before you fly out to Dallas? eep! Nice thing is they are just finishing touches! ^_^

Good luck everyone and I hope we all meet for a photoshoot/hang out for lunch or something somewhere? Anyone??
*goes off to finish packing so I can sew the rest of the day*

kodiak33
05-27-2003, 12:27 PM
So when is everyone arriving? I myself am not checking in until noon - 3PM Friday. Anyone have any killer plans for Friday yet?:cheers:

Scortia
05-27-2003, 12:36 PM
I'm landing on Thursday evening. I hope to God my plane lands at Terminal C... DFW is going to confuse the heck out of me.

Ringo
05-27-2003, 02:01 PM
DFW isn't to bad after you've done it a couple times. If you get lost people are pretty friendly and they can help you out. ^_^
The TRAAN is still slow as molases but it works!

On the costume front: I cut out and partly assembled last night. I'm not to worried about the costume not getting done. It's the wig I migh not have time to finish the way I want. But if I used my real hair I doubt anyone would care or notice. Whoohoo for unpopular manga/anime cosplay!

Ganbatte Mina!

JgPocky
05-27-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm getting there Thursday at 11 AM (hopefully). Give me a chance to hang out with friends for an extra day. Only one costume for me: Nabeshin. I'll wear it on Saturday, though I may wear that afro for longer ^_-

katchoo
05-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm getting there tomorrow and I finished all my outfits! YAY! Except my mint boot covers aren't going to get done I think, because I need to pack. Oh well, no big deal.

See ya at the con!!! Oh Thursday night bunch of us going to TGIF like at 10:30pm. If anyone would like to meet us there pm me.

kelldar
05-27-2003, 10:44 PM
*tearfully waves goodbye to costumes as fedex takes them away*
I'm going to be getting there friday around noon or so ^^ My flight gets into Dallas around 10, but we're flying into Dallas Love so it'll take us a little longer ^_^

Space Invader
05-27-2003, 11:02 PM
I HATE BEADS. Jesus Christ, it looks like a bomb went off in my room. Y'know, one of those bunker-buster ones. There is crap EVERYWHERE.

I barely have any walking space in there now cause of all the cosplay stuff. I maybe have about 3 square feet of VISIBLE carpet now (all the rest is taken up by furniture, cosplay stuff, and books - yay finals! *sarcasm*).

It's sad, really. When I'm not sleeping in it, my bed has just become yet another workspace. When I DO go to sleep, I just pitch everything onto the floor nearby ^_^. I'm so lazy ^_^;;.

You can't see the surface of my drafting table, it's being taken up by the hot glue gun, paints, brushes, various glues, gemstones, beads, and my armor plate. There are smears of gold metallic paint and red and pink glasspaint all over. Arrrr.... O_<

But my wig is pretty now! I'm so proud of it, it looks so much better than it did at Ushicon. It looks just like Hikaru's hair @_@. and you can see my ears! So you can see my heavy-as-hell earrings now! Whee! I used nearly a whole bottle of heat-set hairspray on it... the other half of the bottle was used on my hair at prom, lol.

TristenCitrine
05-27-2003, 11:21 PM
I'm almost ready... just have to finish up packing tonight and tomorrow!

Lets' see, I'm taking:

Friday AM- surprise Sakura Taisen Drama costume (Albert's gonna liiiike this one ;) )
Friday PM- Orihime
Saturday AM- Sumire "Sunday Best"
Saturday PM- Orihime Revue dress
Sunday AM- Glycine Bleumer
Sunday PM- Original Citrus Lolita

So, yay, looks like a complete Sakura Wars weekend! I'm so excited- this is going to be so much fun!

Now, I have to ask... is anyone else planning any ST cosplay?

Purple Thing
05-27-2003, 11:35 PM
::laughs:: I'm getting so excited! It just snuck up on me, but only 2 more days... I gotta pull together the last of my costumes... and gather up the courage to wear a schoolgirl skirt and Illuminati... oh God, my first con, and I'm bouncing like a happy little schoolgirl.
Somebody shoot me ^^;

katchoo
05-27-2003, 11:45 PM
*sigh* I had to scratch one costume from my list. Oh well, hopefully no one will make fun of the newbie with only one costume per day. ^_^

I still can't wait to have fun!

Eurobeat King
05-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Tristen: Can't wait to see this "surprise" costume ;) I'll keep an eye out for it on FR morning. FR night after dinner (during the cosplay.com "table get-together" I might wear Ohgami, so I'd love to get pics with you as Orohime. :) On Saturday, I'll be wearing Ohgami from the early evening until after the masquerade (like I did at A-cen), so that's the best time to get pics as Ohgami and Orohime (again!)

Katchoo: Can't wait to see you at A-kon, seeing how I don't have to wait until Fanime to finally meet you. :) Please say hi to me if you see me this weekend!

katchoo
05-28-2003, 01:53 AM
eurobeat- hi! I can't wait to meet ya either! Just don't laugh at my attempt to cosplay. lol Maybe you can join a group of us out to dinner one night? Are you going to be in town on Thursday?

eeeee! so excited I can't sleep!

TR5368
05-28-2003, 02:33 AM
No more sleep for you! hehe ;)

Koumori
05-28-2003, 08:51 AM
Okay, guys. I'm hopping an 8 AM plane tomorrow. I'll be at the con by myself on Friday and possibly on Sunday with my SO, but I don't know yet. Blue Belldandy is finished enough to wear, or at least to take pictures, so I am bringing both Blue and Red versions, and my so-cool-nobody-will-have-any-idea-what-it-is Preventers outfit.

grandis
05-28-2003, 09:25 AM
It seems that Hyper Police will be on Saturday rather than Friday, which works a lot better for me.

So I'll switch the order of Merle and Natsuki. I hope you all have fun at the cosplay.com dinner. Friday I will be larping into the wee hours of the night as Cutey Honey. Help me before I'm sweet and nice again!

Grandis

Scortia
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
It seems that Hyper Police will be on Saturday rather than Friday, which works a lot better for me.

Whoo! Suspect a Sakura (me) to tackle you on Saturday for pictures. ^o^

Space Invader
05-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know when a cosplay.com gethering will be? I know Eurobeat King said Friday night, but what about Saturday? I won't be getting there until Sat. morning... ;_; (stupid badly scheduled graduation! Rar!). I definately want a picture with all you guys if I can!

erikadoor
05-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Erika here.

Bollocks. I want to actually *make* a cosplay.com gathering for once, and if I have to hold everyone at knifepoint to make it during the evening sometime, I bloody will.

Sort of kidding. They wouldn't let me take a knife through the airport.

But really, if someone could be kind enough to arrange something after I'm done working my table [usually around 6-7, but anytime after 5 is all right], I'll be more than happy to join.
And what's this about a dinner? I'm arriving about 4pm Thursday, so if anyone sees me, please let me know what's going on.
Thank you. Dosvidanye.

Erika Door

Makoto
05-29-2003, 12:24 AM
[..backs away from knife-wielding Erika slowly..]

I start driving bright and early tomorrow morning. Everything is packed... I hope. Everyone forgets something, I just hope it's something insignificant. :) See you very soon!

Koumori
05-29-2003, 12:27 AM
Okay, it's almost 1 AM and I just gave up on finishing Blue Belldandy. It'll have to wait for Otakon. I don't have room in my bags anyway. Grumble.

ayonoi
05-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Sigh...it is almost 10pm and I have not even started to pack>_<! I guess I should get my butt going if I want to catch some Z's and get up and be ready. I am thrilled to go...hey Eurobeat! I will see ya tomorrow! *hugs*

die-sama
05-29-2003, 02:25 AM
its 2;21 AM!!!!!!!!!! still not asleep i can't sleep..
i think my bag is about 200 pounds >_>;;;; can't go weigh it cuz i cause too much racket >_< bleh, if its too heavy i'm gonna have to like ...zoom to Walmart for a large box and rearrange everything *whimpers*

*psyched!

Blayne
05-29-2003, 03:10 AM
Well, I guess I"m nearly ready for my first cosplay experience! ^_^
I read the A-kon weapon rule...does anyone know if a wooden sword counts as an illegal weapon???

Eurobeat King
05-29-2003, 03:33 AM
katchoo: I can't wait to see your costumes!! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you, else just find me and say hello! :) I might be busy both nights for dinner, but you can always stop by the "table gathering" that Admin, Aeris, and I plan to host on both nights during the concerts, dances, etc. Stop by and say hello, or hang-out if you have time!

Grandis: Good to see you again at A-kon, where we begin our run of meeting each other at one con after the other.. A-kon, Fanime, AX, and SDCC in 2002.. Hopefully we'll do that again this year!

Erika: This time for A-kon, if we have a cosplay.com gathering, I'll besure to come find you at your table, and hopefully someone (like Bill) can watch your stuff for a few mins. so that you can join us.

ayonoi & Die-chan: Don't stress out packing & finishing costumes! Thanks, Alma, for letting Die-chan room with you tomorrow night! You two don't stay up too late chatting about J-rock! hehe I will see you two FR morning..

EVERYONE: Admin and I still haven't decided if we're having a COSPLAY.COM gathering this weekend, but we might, and if so, it'll be on Saturday.. To my knowledge, there isn't going to be a dinner gathering, but afterwards, there will be a "table gathering" where Admin and I set up a table, and showcase cosplay.com, and I usually print out pictures of the day's cosplayers, and blast the Eurobeat music away! :skidude2: We plan to do this for both nights (Fr night will be after 9pm and Saturday is sometime after the masquerade madness ends..) If enough members stop by the table, we could have an informal gathering there for pics (if people are still in costume) but I shall talk to Admin, and we'll try to find a place & time for the OFFICIAL cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot sometime on SATURDAY. Just ask me or Admin during the con, and I'll keep you posted..

I still have to finish packing myself, and cut lots of hair for my Saitou, Hibiki, and King costume.. I have to finish EVERYTHING by tonight, because once I get home after work, the shuttle is coming for me, and I hardly have time to eat, shower, and then BAM! off to SFO.. :thumbsup: But I should be ready in time. I'll be arriving at the hotel at 4:30am, dead-tired, so I may sleep for a few hours before walking around. Once the con goes, I'll be in full con-mode! See you all there Friday morning!! :D

psythe
05-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Getting on a plane about......8 hours from now, and will be in Dallas at around 9. Will be making it to the TGIF gathering at 1030 :D

w00t

See you all there :)