PDA

View Full Version : Air Gear Costume Help

Zasshu Uzumaki
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Okay, first off I know this is probably asked a lot or not seeing as Air Gear to me seems like it's not a very popular Anime/Manga over here but oh well.

I'm planning on Crossplaying as Akito/Agito (anime version) but my question is this:

Where do I get "belts" for the sleeves and buckles for the back of the jacket/ Hood.

Or how do I make fabric into a belt of shorts?

As for the pants I know I'll figure something out and end up having the straps connect to some belt loops so I won't trip on them when I'm not getting a picture taken.

Any help would be nice ^^!

stefaniecat
07-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Where do I get "belts" for the sleeves and buckles for the back of the jacket/ Hood.

depending on the look you're going for you can get stuff like that at the fabric store - for instance those 'web belts' are something I've seen sold by the yard at my JoAnns... you could also cut strips of fabric and custom make them.

For buckles, try Michaels craft store, or your fabric store's notions area.

Bring reference pictures. they're more reliable than your memory!

Purr fellow fan. Check out the airgear thread here too at some point
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=83418

Zasshu Uzumaki
07-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Ah thanks ^^; I don't know if JoAnns sells the web belt things... I should check the next time I tag along with my sister though... I really do hope I get it done or near completion before halloween.. my friends are having a party and I wanna show off xDD (though I still need a job)

stefaniecat
07-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Ah thanks ^^; I don't know if JoAnns sells the web belt things... I should check the next time I tag along with my sister though... I really do hope I get it done or near completion before halloween.. my friends are having a party and I wanna show off xDD (though I still need a job)

JoAnns was where I saw the web belt by the yard (near the ribbons section, but more with velco by the yard stuff)... I'd recommend you basically get your reference images together (front, back, side) print them and bring them, and then just scout for possibilities...

Zasshu Uzumaki
08-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I do have reference images, though they are all screens from youtube (I can't download air gear on here) though theres some sections of his jacket thing I don't quite get. Like the mask section. It seems to be connected to the hood/jacket on the bottom and have a little section so it zips up, then it has the belts coming from inside the hood that buckles to the buckles on the front of the mask... If that makes any sense.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Zasshu/?action=view&current=akitojacket.jpg
Thats the majority of the images I have so far, I don't have the manga yet 'cause I can't afford it.