PDA

View Full Version : Kill the memory for Zelda?

uptownkelly
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Is this the worst idea ever?
I went to an all-girls high school for junior and senior year, which was pretty much hell. All the girls in my grade had known each other since kindergarten and weren't that accepting of a new girl-- especially one from California who wasn't really in-tune with her inner East Coast prep (my family moved to Baltimore, Maryland.) Anyways, I don't have the best memories from those years...
Graduation was no different, and I spent the entire time wanting to leave. Interestingly, instead of wearing normal cap and gowns, because we were "ladies" we wore all white floor length dresses which we picked on our own. I will probably never wear this dress again, and it has been collecting dust in my closet for 2 years now.
here's my question: is it awful if i use it as the base for a Princess Zelda cosplay? it is a nice dress from Jessica McClintock, fits well, and is very plain so could easily be decorated and detailed:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/spinkster2/grad3.jpg (I'm the one walking-- ugh brown hair.)
Is this some how ruining a high school treasure that I should care about and leave alone for memories, or should I just go for it?
please give opinions :) thanks!

Tenucha
07-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I see no problems with it at all.
It's up to you totally... if you think the dress can benefit from it and you'd like to cosplay Zelda then... I see no harm.
I had a traditional cap and gown and... there are no male cosplay I can modifey that out of XD

cactusmomma
07-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I'd say go for it. It looks easy enough to modify and a nice portion of the work is already done. I'd personally rather have that faint memory of the graduation (through the dress and pictures) while still being able to get use out of something I'd probably never wear again...especially since white clothing tends to yellow out if left in closets.