PDA

View Full Version : Female version of Cid

Captain Scarlet
07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I was thinking in doing a female version of cid ( probably advent children) with longer blonde hair but the same clothes (girl body modified)and attitude, I was wondering if you guys like the idea.

Thank you ^ ^

paperclip
07-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm all about crossplaying male characters so I say GO FOR IT! lol. I could see a female Cid Highwind in a short khaki skirt, with black combat boots, a blue (he wears a blue shirt in the game I think) tank top and a small, fitted army-esk jacket. Get some goggles on your forehead and make sure you've got blond hair and a spear and you should look great.

Prota-Girl
07-28-2007, 11:18 PM
LOL I`m A Female Vincent Cosplayer! XD
I Saw GO FOR IT! XD
Make sure you post photos!!

Captain Scarlet
07-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Awesome !!! I am so excited about it, thank you for the replies.

I will for sure post the photos. :rockon:

I cant wait to start it :D

masteva
07-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Interesting idea since my main cosplay is FFVII - AC Cid... would love to see your female take on this!

HybridTwist
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Interesting idea since my main cosplay is FFVII - AC Cid... would love to see your female take on this!

I second this...even though my AC Cid isn't my main costume, lol.

Captain Scarlet
07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Nice ! so glad to see some back up, I ordered some blue contacts today :)

I think I will wear some khaki capris. Can I add the white scarf ? even tho he doesnt wear it in AC ? so it makes the character more recognizable, but at the same time, i dont want people coming to me saying its not accurate.

HybridTwist
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Nice ! so glad to see some back up, I ordered some blue contacts today :)

I think I will wear some khaki capris. Can I add the white scarf ? even tho he doesnt wear it in AC ? so it makes the character more recognizable, but at the same time, i dont want people coming to me saying its not accurate.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure he wears green cargo pants. You can find them at an army surplus store or pitball store, that's where I found mine.

9to5atthemorgue
08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't forget the band-aid. Everybody always forgets that and its such an easy detail.

masteva
08-07-2007, 08:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure he wears green cargo pants. You can find them at an army surplus store or pitball store, that's where I found mine.

Yup, green cargo pants. Got mine from sears outlet store myself. Work great even when not cosplaying actually. I myself would not go with the scarf if you are doing the AC version. Just go and get some cheap dogtags.

I'm not familiar with this band-aid that has been mentioned. You talking about the white tag on his goggles?

Captain Scarlet
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah the band aid he wears near his left eye. I was wondering what pack of cigarettes I would put in my googles, I think I will re-do the cover of a real pack so it looks like the one he has.

Also the hair, I will buy a long blonde wig and I'm thinking in having a huge pony tail ( by huge i mean one that is high and makes an arc) , but this is still not sure. :)

masteva
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Hmmmmm... you seem to be wanting to cross original Cid and AC Cid. Original Cid had the smokes in his goggles and teh scarf, but AC Cid did not.

And that white thing IS a bandage? I always thought it was a tag on his goggles...

HybridTwist
08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
And that white thing IS a bandage? I always thought it was a tag on his goggles...

Until last year, I thought it was a single cigarette, lol.

masteva
08-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Until last year, I thought it was a single cigarette, lol.

Heck I think that would have made more sense! :D. Well, guess it's a good thing I didn't attach a tag to my goggles. Will just have to pick up some cheap white bandages then.