zanko_san
07-28-2007, 09:42 PM
hey im in need of a few quick answers for my question:
so here goes . . . . ok i bought this blue blazer today
for my ouran cosplay but there is one thing wrong and that is that its too dark

look
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/krudman52/hostclub017.jpg

what do you guys think?

if there is any way that it could be made a little lighter would you think i should do so?

Itsuki13
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
wow! I've been looking for a blazer for my hikaru costume. I don't really know how to lighten it up but if you can't it still looks perfectly fine if u aff the ouran badge can easily be found for a cheap price on ebay. truthfull It may seem to too dark to u and some other people but that is really close to the color they use on the ouran high school houst club plush doll I know I own one. so if u cant lighten it up it still works ^.^

Zora Genin
07-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Personnally i think that that blazer is WAAYYY to light. I would have looked for a darker one, but whenever you do an Ouran Group Cosplay (which im assuming that this is) you will always get variety of colours. Me and my friends did one at NAF this year and all the blazers where different colours as were the ties. But everyone we ran into seemed to not pick out these flaws, so i think that really that shade of blazer is a fine colour. But if you really want to make it lighter then buy lighter material and sew it over top of what you currently have, the buttons and pocket might be a little hard but other than those thats the easiest solution i can find.

Sh!bby
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Hmm, it'll work fine, once you put the patch on it for contrast. I'd suggest getting one of the more elaborate tv/manga hybrids (my gallery for ref.), because the TV version ones have a tendancy to make the jackets look cheap, not like something a rich kid would wear. Remember, they paid the equivalent of $3000 USD for those in the anime (if I remember correctly).

zanko_san
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Hmm, it'll work fine, once you put the patch on it for contrast. I'd suggest getting one of the more elaborate tv/manga hybrids (my gallery for ref.), because the TV version ones have a tendancy to make the jackets look cheap, not like something a rich kid would wear. Remember, they paid the equivalent of $3000 USD for those in the anime (if I remember correctly).

yes thanks for that tip i was looking for patches yesterday and i didnt know which would be better ^^

sweet! now i have to find a character

Sh!bby
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Judging from your picture, if you get a good wig and make sure you're clean-shaven, it's possible you could pull off Hunni. ^_^ You'd have to wear a little makeup to perfectly capture the 'baby face' look, but you already look young.

A little foundation, blush, a tiny bit of brown eyeliner and mascara, top it off with a good wig and a bun-bun plushie, and you're set!

zanko_san
07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
yeah thanks i dont know when ill be cosplaying an ouran host club member but when i do ill consider hunny

yeah the reason i look young is because im 13 XD

clean shaven. . . . ill have to worry about that very soon. . . .

Koisnake
07-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I think that blazer looks fine, ignore Zora Genin. You can pull off a good Hunny and Tamaki.

Usachan
07-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh my Gosh! that's sooo cute. *_* It looks like it would be very good
for a Host Club cosplay. That's a great find, did you find your blazer in
a thrift store? I second with Koisnake, you could so do Hunny or Tamaki.

zanko_san
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
yup thrift store

the only one i could get that would fit me right was womens size so thats what i got all the mens were reaaaally big so thanks

Rinslet~
07-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I think it's a bit too dark BUT it's a really cute jacket, also the colors change in illustrations/anime/manga/etc, and even the camera can make the color look different (in my gallery, the jackets look so different in two pictures xD)

I agree with all, go for Tama-chan or Honey :3

Zexion.6
02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
yup thrift store

the only one i could get that would fit me right was womens size so thats what i got all the mens were reaaaally big so thanks

This isn't relevant to the topic, but your siggy makes me laugh.

venom_is_sweet
02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Two of my friends dressed up and they did not match at all but they still got a lot of attention. :)