PDA

View Full Version : This sucks/This Bites

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-08-2003, 05:00 PM
From the fanimecon website:
due to personal and work schedules, Guests of Honor Takahiro Yoshimatsu, Kunihiko Ikuhara, and Mari Iijima will not be able to attend FanimeCon this year. They send their regrets and apologies to their fans, and hope that everyone has a wonderful time at the convention.

Ok, this bites now.. :argue:

Michi
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
......*contains self and avoids snickering madly*

At least Sadamoto Yoshiyuki, Kawamura Maria, and others are still able to attend. *^^*;

Ukayoru no Chou
05-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Wow, that does suck o_o;; Hmm...I'm not big on anyone, so I'm not to botherd, but it still sucks ^^;;

Michi
05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
I feel bad that I don't remember who Yoshimatsu Takahiro is. Surprised that Iijima Mari can't make it, though..

Mink
05-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Yeah I cant remember who they were either....damn my being bad with Japanise names *runs to site to check*

Babbit_Chan
05-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Wow... that's horrible O_O

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-09-2003, 05:40 PM
and I was really looking forward to mee Ikuhara again so I could get myUtena stuff signed by him.. *grr*

Michi
05-09-2003, 06:05 PM
I don't think it was as if it would have been Ikuni's last west coast con appearance, Ryu. Don't worry. @_x

Ruri Hoshino
05-10-2003, 12:49 AM
aw man....I was looking forward to see the co-creator of Utena..I missed seeing him last year >.< gggrrr....oh well but it is understandable if their busy and all ^.^

Ashe
05-10-2003, 02:03 AM
Thats lame... all three of them cancelled? Sorry, but that sounds like someone fucked up the PR.

Wah, I wanted to hear Mari.

Eurobeat King
05-10-2003, 02:22 PM
I've seen Mari perform since Fanime 1999, and most of the time she sings the same songs at each concert. I think she's great, but if I hear "I Love You More Than Yesterday" again, I dunno.. :thumbsup: Perhaps Yoko Ishida should appear at Fanime, to give the Bay Area a different, more lively, concert with her ParaPara girls during the pre-masqy or half-time show.

Hopefully this won't happen too often during the wave of cons that's about to arrive for the summer (A-cen, AZ, A-kon, Fanime, AX, SDCC, Otakon, etc.) I was disappointed that almost ALL the Japanese GOH's cancelled out at Sakuracon due to the outbreak of war back in April :( but since it's about over now (with us winning!!) GOH's shouldn't fear coming out to the U.S. for cons. I highly doubt SARS would affect them, either.. So we'll see what happens in the months to come..

Michi
05-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Oooh. Ishida Yoko at FanimeCon would be really cool. :D I've never bothered to see Iijima Mari, but I'd be interested in that... heh.