PDA

View Full Version : What song makes you cry? or tear up?

diqitaldreams
05-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Everytime I listen to Louis Armstrong's " What a wonderful world" .. I get all teary. I don't know. Last time I was really depressed, this song came out and I just bawled. It's good stress relief sometimes....but it's silly.. @_@ I know...

So what makes you tear up? :P What song takes away your "strong" ness?

Rosiel
05-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Mozart's Requiem turns me into a blubbering idiot. ><;;;;

[Edit: I should have mentioned it's -specifically- the Lacrymosa that gets me every time.]

sevette
05-08-2003, 09:49 PM
almost any version of 'everything i do, i do it for you'. i'm a hopeless romantic, so of course i'm a sucker for that song. every time i hear it i get all teary-eyed and whimpery. :\ it's reeeally bad.

Babbit_Chan
05-08-2003, 09:53 PM
The LOTR songs make me cry ;_;

Karisu-sama
05-08-2003, 09:58 PM
"Cranes over Hiroshima" by Fred Small. I can't even read the lyrics without getting teary. (It's about Sadako and her thousand paper cranes.)

diqitaldreams
05-08-2003, 09:59 PM
The requiem was scary and sad at the same time... as for the other songs, I've never heard of...although, it would be interesting to listen to that thousand cranes song... @_@ I'm a sucker for sad songs.

officer_fujita
05-09-2003, 12:19 AM
"Vincent" by Don McLean ;___;

kitty_neko
05-09-2003, 07:00 AM
Blue from Cowboy Bebop.... yes, i know, im pathetic!! >_<;

ryuichi fangirl
05-09-2003, 10:59 AM
well....honestly "Perfect World" the Nuriko song in FY makes me break down..it's just SO sad.....^^;;

Yuna
05-09-2003, 11:08 AM
"Smoke" by Natalie Imbuglia... I don't know what it is about that song, I just feel such overwhelming emotion in it. Also, HAL's vocal mix of "Daybreak" by Ayumi Hamasaki chokes me up sometimes because I know the translation by heart and the message being said in the words is just so strong...
- "Remember, even when you feel crushed by the weight of the world, there is someone out there who loves you" ;_;

Hikaruchan
05-09-2003, 11:09 AM
'Run for the Roses' by Dan Fogelberg, I tear up all the time when I hear that. I was born & raised near Churchill Downs, so that song always reminds me of home.

LadyXenie
05-09-2003, 12:19 PM
A song that makes me teary eyed is..."Eye" From the Lost Highway soundtrack...It just so eerie and sad..

marsie
05-09-2003, 07:01 PM
"when Love is Gone" Martina McBride.

every failed realtionship

Tenjou
05-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Hmm.. I want to say "I Don't Want To Live This Life" by the Ramones. It's about Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen (sp?). ;_; so sad.

and also "I Can't Wait" (White Stripes). It's a heartbreak song.

Lil Dreamer
05-09-2003, 07:41 PM
"Baby one more time" by Britney Spears. it's such an awful song that it makes me choke up and tear.

as far as nice songs: "Smile" and "Your Letter" by 112

i always sing my heart out (with feeling) when these songs come on. but not necessarily cry (unless i'm singing them to my girlfriend and she cries then i end up crying too... O_o)

Nipple. :)

Jinx
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
No song has ever made me cry until I was sitting in my rock music and culture class, and the instructor popped in some Beatles, and the first song to come up, "Michelle, my belle..." and it just reminded me of my dad. Prolly the only instance. I don't cry too easily. That one and "Yesterday." And sometimes, if it's the right mood, any Beatles, Santana, or Eagles song... sigh.

KitsuNessa
05-09-2003, 08:20 PM
"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan... at the time when that came out, I had lost my best friend of 14 years (my whole life at the time) in a car accident...and I will always remember her.

It also plays in my head whenever I think of anyone that I've lost that I miss dearly..

Lovelyangel_81
05-09-2003, 08:24 PM
"Baby one more time" by Britney Spears. it's such an awful song that it makes me choke up and tear.

^ LOL

The song makes me cry has to be "I will remember" by Sarah Mclachlan. It makes me think about all the people that pass away in my life.

Kiko-chan
05-09-2003, 10:41 PM
For some reason "Oretachi no Melody" from the Digmon OST makes me really sad. Also, "Doukeshi" from Gundam Wing, but only if I'm reading a translation and listening to it at the same time. There's probably a ton more I'm not thinking of right no, though...

evaneko
05-10-2003, 09:07 AM
ahh i know someone already said this but "vincent" by don mclean...

Sami
05-10-2003, 09:18 AM
LOL, a lot of Sarah McLachlan songs make me sniffly too. ^^; (She is one of my favorite artists!)

Fields of Gold makes me bawl every damn time. The version I have is not the Sting version, but it's on my Pure Moods III CD and it's sung by this woman with the most beautiful voice.. ;-; For whatever reason it makes me feel really old..

Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins (I personally prefer the Dune version, LOL) also makes me cry, because I for some reason happened to listen to it a lot around my big move from MA to MD... and the lyrics are fitting.

KaineMaxwell
05-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Blake Shelton's song "Austin". it's a country song that's really beautiful.

DragonWraith
05-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Smeagol's Song. I think that's what it's called. It's played at the end of thw two towers, while the credits are running.
And I used to be an a1 fan (British boyband) and I still listen to some of their stuff when I'm down, sentiment reasons, really. And this song, Tomorrow, makes me cry or feel like it.
And then Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Greenday does the same.

Cyber Wolf
05-10-2003, 11:32 AM
"Embryo" by Dir en grey. It was the first time I heard it but I didn't need to know what the lyrics meant because I felt the sadness in the song. By the end of it, I was crying really hard.

Raine
05-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by marsie
"when Love is Gone" Martina McBride.

every failed realtionship

The only song I've ever heard by Martina McBride is Concrete Angel, and I have to say that gets me all choked up. ;-;

Scortia
05-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Mozart's Requiem turns me into a blubbering idiot. ><;;;;

[Edit: I should have mentioned it's -specifically- the Lacrymosa that gets me every time.]

Rosiel-sama.... have you seen Violinist of Hameln? It's an odd, but wonderful anime... anyway, the characters play classical music often in the series, including "Requiem"... There are some other emotional songs like Smetlana's "Moldau".

Anyway, for music that makes me tear up... well, I used Collective Soul's "The World that I Know" for an Utena AMV before because the song had such powerful impact. It's hard to find songs that make you sad that are actual vocal songs, at least for me. BGM and classical pieces often can put me into sad mode. ;P

pakachu420
05-10-2003, 07:15 PM
"One Sweet Day" by Maria Carey and BoyzIIMen
really messed with me when i was in middle school and my girl moved away.

MordSith
05-10-2003, 09:07 PM
SUPER FF7 SPOILER!!!!

Aerith's theme makes me teary ... it's so beautiful and intricate=, because it's an elegy. Yeah, I suppose there may be a few people around who don't know what happens to her. ::shrug::

Neko Cathy
05-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MordSith
Aerith's theme makes me teary ... it's so beautiful and intricate=, because it's an elegy. Yeah, I suppose there may be a few people around who don't know what happens to her. ::shrug::

That's the number song too, even the Rikki version of it. I'm a sucker for that song.

The next would be Phil Collin's song, "Another Day in Paradise". It was the first song I heard on a radio station after my boyfriend was picked up by his recruiter to fly off and far away to his bootcamp down in SC, where I wasn't going to see him or hear his voice for 3 whole months (and later an extra 3 months so that would be 6 months w/out a bf). I literally had to pull the damn car over and cry my heart out during the trip back home, right during that song... it was horrible. :(

Amviseon
05-11-2003, 01:02 AM
"I cant wait" is a good teary eyed song heres a list of really emotional songs that might make you cry
"Touched"-Vast
"Teardrop"- Massive Attack
"Null"- Jets To Brazil
"Cave"-Muse
"Gotta knock alittle louder" - Yoko Kanno
"Nutopie"- Meg Lee Chin
and i guess "Duvet(remix)"-BoA (which i like alot)

marsie
05-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Raine
The only song I've ever heard by Martina McBride is Concrete Angel, and I have to say that gets me all choked up. ;-;

Trust me it is the saddest thing you ever heard. I am not sure the soundtrack it is on. >.<;

It basically talks about a person that is telling the other that the love is gone, and she is trying to let them go because she knows he is not happy.

Download it! You will love it!

number18
05-11-2003, 03:06 PM
For some reason...the Forces song that plays in Berserk makes my heart ache. It's not a sad song, but the man's voice and the rhythm of the song get's me going. It plays in the "next episode" parts on the English DVDs, if anyone is curious. It makes me think of struggle and despair...and fighting. Songs like that make me very very sad because it reminds me of myself for some reason.

This Requiem song (dl'd because of Rosiel's post) is very haunting. I can understand why it would make you cry. (ps Rosiel, have you ever listend to Bond/Bond Girls? It's a group of four British ladies that play a string quartet...like...moderny classical songs with a gypsy feel to them. good stuff.)

A Sea of Miracles from Lodoss Wars also moves my heart, again because it reminds me of traveling, struggling and such. The chanting in the song is wonderful. The lyrics are beautiful to me and there is a line that goes "Oh wind, I will stand and face you!" Ahhh...it's a very stirring song. And though not as moving, most of the other songs from Lodoss Wars (tv series OR ova) are very good.

Love Song from Gasaraki is a moving song to me, though sometimes I have to be in the right mood or something. It's just a beautiful song to me, the melody, the singing, and the lyrics (mainly the lyrics, which are very wonderful)...reminds me of the love I have.

As for other songs, the country song by Toby Keith (courtesy of the red, white and blue) gets me going. It's like...kind of cheesy to me, some of the lyrics, but it still makes me all funny. Same with the Have You Forgotten song.

And tehre's a whole crapload of other songs, like the Sailor Stars opening theme song (lyrical reasons) that make me very gushy and teary-eyed...and most of the songs that make me teary eyed are because they remind of struggling times in my life and all this other stuff. Yeah.

nekochan
05-11-2003, 05:17 PM
you know, this may sound weird but the Phantom of the Opera music just kills me.

besides that... Coldplay - The Scientist. i don't even like Coldplay all that much and that song is just so... :waaaah:

XLainoftheWired
05-11-2003, 05:24 PM
"Smoke" - by Natalie Imbruglia
"End of November" - by Lost North Star
30% of the Ataris songs, lol
"Soon You'll Come Home" - All Dogs Go to Heaven
the one song when Little Foot's mom dies in the original Land Before Time
"Sayonara" - Saikano OST
and many more, please order your "Songs that have made Dennis Cry" album today at 1-800-IMA-PUSSY, lol, its funny cause its true... ::sob::

evilchii
05-11-2003, 06:23 PM
"forever love" x-japan
"take on me" a1
"bittersweet symphony" the verve
"believe (that love is the answer)" blessed union of souls(?)

rei_hino
05-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Mizu-kagami by Seki T. . however you spell his name. That makes me sad. but what really makes me sad it Kaze no Uta by Chika Sakamoto. *Sniff* makes me teary and then my friends are like "ITS JUST A CARTOON!" Because it plays in nuriko's episode . . makes me sad whenever I listen to it.
but american songs. . . I cant remember ones but I know there was a couple that made me cry.

ACtually, there is this one song that made me kinda sad but made A Lot of girls in ym class cry. It was a song from a little girl, and she was suppose to be talking to her dad who died in 9/11 and he was a firefighter I think. In the background was a slow version of "Heaven by DJ sammy. and the little girl sounded so cute! I think she even was crying in some parts and she was saying stuff like "I got a good grade!" and "Daddy, Mommy made your favorite dinner. I ate the carrots, even though I really hate them. I miss you, daddy" *sniff*

kaiba
05-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan gets me everytime. Damn that Buffy season 2 finale and it's ability to make me sniffly.

KANEDA
05-11-2003, 06:59 PM
many many tracks from Cowboy Bebop ....
many tracks from METROPOLIS
any number of Smiths & Morrissey songs...

just a few....

The Smiths "Asleep"
The Smiths "Well I Wonder"
The Smiths "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"
The Smiths "Girlfriend In A Coma"
Morrissey "Seasick Yet Still Docked"
Morrissey "Jack The Ripper"
Joy Division "Atmosphere"
Joy Division "The Eternal"
Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
The Cure "Love Song"
The Cure "Pictures Of You"
The Cure "Lullabye"
The Sugarcubes "Birthday"

by the way.. "Asleep" by the Smiths is the saddest song ever.
if you listen to it and DON'T come to that conclusion... you're just plain crazy.

Kurenai
05-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by KANEDA

many tracks from METROPOLIS

*possible spoiler*

Yeah, that OST does it -- the one song on the soundtrack right before "There'll Never Be Good-Bye" (that one too!) where Kenichi finds her heart...it doesn't SOUND sad but I think of what happens during it...

What else, hmm... "Last Dance" from Sarah McLachlan's "Surfacing". Even though it's instrumental it makes me think of things I miss.

"Eternal Snow" from Full Moon...whenever I heard it while watching the show, it never failed to make me feel sad. I think it's just the music box effect on me--which suffices to say that Xenogears' Music Box theme does that to me too ^^

Dark_MooN
05-11-2003, 08:44 PM
a music box...
makes me cry every single time.

Kia
05-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by number18
Love Song from Gasaraki is a moving song to me, though sometimes I have to be in the right mood or something. It's just a beautiful song to me, the melody, the singing, and the lyrics (mainly the lyrics, which are very wonderful)...reminds me of the love I have.
I completely adore that song, but the one that makes me cry almost every time I hear it is "From Protest to Praise" by Downhere. It's a christian rock song (which is unusual for me) but I happened to come accross it when I was at a very weak point in my life. Even though I'm pretty much an agnostic, whenever I hear that song I can help but feel that there must be a God and that I can't really be alone in this world. :: sniffle ::

Zephyrs
05-14-2003, 09:27 PM
The Ewok Victory Celebration from Return of the Jedi, every time I hear the song I tear up. *sniff*

From Wild ARMs: Into the Wilderness ~Into New Voyages. The song that plays right before the credits when they're looking across the land. *sniff*

instrumental songs can be just as powerful as ones with lyrics.

number18
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by silentduelist
The Ewok Victory Celebration from Return of the Jedi, every time I hear the song I tear up. *sniff*

YES! Man that song is like...god, it's good. I don't know if I tear up, necesarily, but it's a moving song. I am all like...happy everyone is free or some crap like that. lol...

oh, and the more I listen to the Forces song from Berserk, the more I <3 it. Everyone should DL it. ^^

Kawaii Yuna
05-21-2003, 02:15 PM
This Christmas song (forgot title) when this little boy sings to Santa Claus that the only thing he wants for Christmas is shoes for his mother (she's sick or something) cause he wants her to look nice when she goes up to Heaven to meet Jesus. Every stinking year Z100 plays that song around Christmas and it always gets to me. It's so bitter-sweet. :o

diqitaldreams
05-21-2003, 02:21 PM
I realize that Miyazaki Movies has these songs that ALWAYS made me tear up. When I was watching Laputa, I cried almost all the time because that song came on... CHUU!!!

Saikoro
05-21-2003, 05:14 PM
a lot of final fantasy songs tear me up.. like Aerith's theme, Suteki Da Ne(ending version too) and Tidus and Yuna's Theme(or Sky Theme)

Hotaru
05-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Yuna
Every stinking year Z100 plays that song around Christmas and it always gets to me. It's so bitter-sweet. :o

EE! Z100! We listen to them in the morning. Tho i don't like hip-hop, r&b and stuff, so we usually listen to PLJ...who's morning show sucks!

Anyway, like...a year ago, it was 1000 miles by vanessa carlton cause it was playing when our african grey died. and right now, it's come away with me by norah jones cause it came on the radio after we gave our ferrets away. :(

grandaddy
05-25-2003, 09:01 PM
'how to disappear completely' and 'true love waits' by radiohead are two of the worst for me. also a british musician by the name of tom mcrae makes the most incredibly emotive music ever.

Caryn
05-25-2003, 10:12 PM
My Immortal, Hello, and My Last Breath by Evanescence make me cry every time. They really touch me deeply and..yeah.

Also Angel by Sarah McLachlan, and Concrete Angel by Martina McBride.

There are so many more songs that make me cry, but I can't think of them right now. Easier to Run and Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park usually get me teary eyed, too..

Yggdrasil Pie
05-25-2003, 10:55 PM
The song "In the Diary" by the Ataris makes me cry... practically any songs that remind me of spending times with my friends make me sad because I'm afraid of losing all of them...T_T

White Ninja
05-26-2003, 04:25 AM
The only song to get me close to crying is Sorry Bout That by Alkaline Trio....good song....*sniff*

Caryn
05-26-2003, 11:29 AM
The ending theme to Gladiator - it's called Now We Are Free, and I always think of what happened at the end ;.; it's sad on it's own, but, yeah :(

makonurikoryoko
05-26-2003, 05:20 PM
XD waaaa i finally thought of one!
The luckiest by Ben Fols is the most touching sng EVER!! XD dl-it and listen it sos weet and gaaah ::tears up::

Also i agree with ryuichi fangirl that Nurikos song is very sad ;_; i love Nuriko soo much ::weeps::

BabiiYunie
05-26-2003, 05:27 PM
I ADORE bring me to life - evanescence

I'm not usually a pop listener, but only hope // mandy moore, that song is so beautiful

Purple Thing
05-26-2003, 09:34 PM
the "Regret" duet with Gackt and Kami from Malice Mizer... each part works so perfectly with the other, and represent the personalities of the artist... and to think that Kami will never be able to play the drums like that again... always tears me up.

Caryn
05-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Purple: I tried downloading that, but I got a piano instrumental...is that what it's supposed to be? Because you mentioned drums. Anyway the song I got was really sad...

Purple Thing
05-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Aa... it's kind of hard to find the version with the drums, as it was only played at lives... of course, Gackt's piano solo is beautiful as well. IM me or email me sometime and I'd be glad to send you the duet.

Neko-Hika-chan
05-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Tears -Xjapan, Song For a Lady-H.O.T...... Dead Boy's Poem Nightwish and....Beauty and The Beast Nightwish too... ohh AIN'T AFRAID TO DIE-Dir En Gray oooooooooooooooooooooh soooo saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad T-T nyannnn

Ashika
05-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Songs that make me cry are...

Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing.
Vampire Princess Miyu Soundtrack - Destiny

sideswipe21
05-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Yesterday by the beatles always gets to me, something about the simple guitar and vocals.

archangeli
06-04-2003, 03:35 AM
Kawaii Yuna - it's called Christmas Shoes

There are a pieces that move me - because of the personal memories attached to them:
~ Close Your Eyes (Buffy and Angel Love Theme)
~ Innocence - Kenny G
~ Schindler's list theme
~ Aria, from Goldberg Variations - J.S. Bach

hmmm... interesting, these are all instrumental works - not a lyric in sight!

nekochan
06-07-2003, 06:19 AM
auuuuuuuuugh "You're A God" Vertical Horizon whyyyyyyyyyyyy o_o i don't even like that kind of music x_x but i love vertical horizon ;_; also... "With Every Light" by the Smashing Pumpkins... and actually... this is going to seem kind of stupid but "Stitches" by orgy because... well it's a long story, let's just say i lost a friend ^^;;

DHB
06-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by nekochan
auuuuuuuuugh "You're A God" Vertical Horizon whyyyyyyyyyyyy o_o i don't even like that kind of music x_x but i love vertical horizon ;_;

I happen to know Vertical Horizon, thanks to an AMV... the music used was "Everything you want", and that song was so romantic...

But the 'song' that drives me to tears almost every time I listened to it is "The Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd (on the monumental album "The Dark Side of the Moon")... Strange... Crying because of a song makes me feel so stupid sometimes...

Lady Ava
06-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Well, I have a few actually...

Whenever I hear "I'll Fly Away" from Moulin Rouge and "The Perfect Fan" by the Backstreet Boys, I get very teary-eyed. Moulin Rouge because I sometimes feel the same way, and the BSB because it makes me think....

But, when it comes to singing songs...I actually tear up when I sing "1000 Words" by Koda Kumi and any broadway romance song....

me = loser ^^;;;

RobTheStampede
06-15-2003, 01:00 PM
the only song that has got me close to crying is emphainy by staind i hope spelled it right

Minako Kou
06-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Evanescence ~ My Immortal and Taking Over Me
Hamasaki Ayumi ~ POWDER SNOW and Wishing

Nietsche
06-15-2003, 02:16 PM
"Wakatte Ikahazu" - the song that plays in a sad/happy moment in Fushigi Yuugi.....a constant reminder of that scene....

Perhaps more recently..."Sen no kotoba" from FFX-2, the vido sequence was quite beautiful....if not for the eyes...

Caryn
06-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Deniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
And every Evanescence song...and most Linkin Park songs.
Also Now We Are Free and a couple others from the Gladiator soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.

Romann
06-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Oh God... dont' get me started *too late*
- I love you~Fatih Evans. Such a great song sung with emotion
-Fallin~ Jamiroquai. I love the lyrics
I have so many more...but these are the main two T__T

diqitaldreams
06-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful world.

YES! That song gets to me. @_@ chuu...

ChichiriFreak
06-18-2003, 07:27 PM
"I'm Still Here"-John Rzeznik (kinda reminds me of myself at times..cept i'm girl..^_^;;)

"Mizu-Kagami"-Chichiri Vocal Song .....(it just makes me cry...)

"Tasuki Image song"- His song he sings in the Second OVA....i cna't remember the name..but it gets me a lil teary eyed

Angelwing
06-18-2003, 07:53 PM
The Zanarkand Piano Theme from FFX. Its a perfect theme to listen to when you remember stuff.

Zelly
06-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Hmm..."Something I Can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails, "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd, "Gekkou -GEKKOH-" and "Twinkle Million Rendezvous" by T.M.Revolution, "Fly Away" by Poe.....not really sure what others. It usually only happens if I'm singing along to them though ^^; I'm pathetic.

Oh yeah, and I cry EVERY TIME I see that video with the kitten singing Wind's Nocturne from LUNAR...;_; It's so sad! She's so cute and the ugly mean kitty just dumps her for that snobby rich kitten with a bow...><

cyankirby
06-18-2003, 09:13 PM
"Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. Reminds me of my childhood... *sigh*

Arisa
06-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Aerith's theme and Pure Heart (same song, I know, but whatever) always makes me cry because it reminds me of a very close friend who died... reading the lyrics to Pure Heart especially makes me cry, because it just sounds so hopeful... sounds a lot like my friend who died. :( I miss her.

My Immortal by Evanescence makes me sad also, because it reminds me of some sad times in my life... and I listened to it after I got dumped once (my boyfriend had sent it to me), and I just cried my eyes out. ;-;

Arisa
06-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Minako Kou
Evanescence ~ My Immortal and Taking Over Me

Oooh, we have similar musical tastes. ^^ Taking Over Me doesn't make me cry, or even sad, but it makes me feel really... weird. >_< Hard to explain.

Skullez
06-19-2003, 12:17 AM
lotr makes me cry, edward scissorhands makes me cry, soem songs by dir en grey makes me cry!
there is this one song called ma angels lead you in makes me cry !! i cant listen to that song ever w/ out crying !!!

..adn this country song. i hate country but i saw teh video and i was a cryin baby !!!

thast about that makes me cry..that and grave of the fireflies....

JacksUsername
06-19-2003, 02:09 AM
And So it Goes, by Billy Joel can really sometimes get to me...there just seems to be so much pain in the song especially considering what he was going through when he wrote it and such.

makonurikoryoko
06-19-2003, 02:11 AM
^ ooo thats a good one!!!! I agree I agree!!!!!!!!!

Arisa
06-25-2003, 09:01 PM
I was listening to My Last Breath by Evanescence when I was reading one day, and I kept crying... had to put my book down. ;-; Such a sad song.

Mara
06-25-2003, 10:06 PM
The two songs that always make me cry are The Last Unicorn song~ the one they sing at the beginning and end of the movie, and the song Forever Young from the Care Bears Movie II. Both of them make me feel like I'm 3 years old again, and tears start running down my face. I'm such a sap :P

pakachu420
06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
"Yesterday" in the last week this song has really started to get to me due to some recent happenings....

Starherd
06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
*hastily scribbling down song titles/artists for making AMVs*

*looks up* what? *halo*
(Well, I already used the piano version of Sarah McLaughlan's "Possession",
and that gets me... also "Winter" by Tori Amos (but only after I heard it in concert) and "Sympathy for Tomorrow" by the Cruxshadows (fabulous Goth band).)

DarkGunner
06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by BabiiYunie
I ADORE bring me to life - evanescence

I'm not usually a pop listener, but only hope // mandy moore, that song is so beautiful

If your not into the pop version of this song, you may want to check out the original artists, Switchfoot. ~__^

For me:
Kissing you-Des'ree
Bad Day- Fuel
Water Runs Dry-Boys II Men

JyuuSan
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Yuna
"Smoke" by Natalie Imbuglia... I don't know what it is about that song, I just feel such overwhelming emotion in it.

I concur. Have you ever seen the Evangelion AMV set to this song? Very powerful.

As for my list:

-Izayoi- Megumi Hayashibara
-Kibun no Theme- Megumi Iwamoto
-Everything is Love- Yuri Shiratori
-Soba ni Iru yo - Megumi Hayashibara
(anyone who has seen any of the Saber Marionette Series knows what I'm talking about)

-Epiphany- Staind
-Bother- Stone Sour
-Purify- Lacuna Coil
-Stars- Lacuna Coil
-My December- Linkin Park
-June Mermaid- Xenogears
-Yubiwa- Maaya Sakamoto
-Her Most Beautiful Eyes- Rurouni Kenshin Movie OST
-Her Most Beautiful Smile- Rurouni Kenshin Movie OST
-Quiet Life- Rurouni Kenshin OVA OST
-Sound of Snow Falling- Rurouni Kenshin OVA OST

Originally posted by cyankirby
"Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. Reminds me of my childhood... *sigh*

This song made me cry because it was played during a tribute to Jim Henson right when he died.

ryuichi fangirl
06-27-2003, 12:07 AM
.....omg...U+K...by Gackt...when you know the lyrics and who it's for...my god ...I get all bleary eyed every time it comes on my winamp ;_;...I miss Kami...*sniff*

..and Tears (I think that's the name)...by X Japan.....I cry when ever I think of Hide like that too...gyah...

Kaede
06-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I cried when I heard U+K. The only other song that made me get teary like that was Le Ciel when I first saw it live on Super Dream.

LadyVincira
06-28-2003, 05:26 PM
The Lunar: SSSC Boat Song...it's really sad somehow.
Vincent's theme from Final Fantasy 7 also makes me all sad..just the thoughts of what happened to him....

Here are random others:

My Last Breath by Evanescence
Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
Always, Time After Time from Spirited Away
Shiroi Ryu from Spirited Away
Aeris's Theme from Final Fantasy 7
The Real Folk Blues from Cowboy Bebop
Brightness and Darkness from Gundam Wing (My FAV. SONG!!!)
Stardust Soldiers from Gundam Wing

cactusmomma
06-28-2003, 06:19 PM
"Tallulah" Sonata Arctica
"Hear Me Cry" Cagnet/Love Generation
"Kokoro" Xenosaga (some rp background behind it :P more sentiment)

Arisa
06-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Oooh, Hear Me Cry ;-; It doesn't actually make me cry, but I love it... and Endless Sorrow, by Ayumi Hamasaki.

Xanatos
07-08-2003, 01:05 AM
:bigcry: Tim McGraw, Don't Take the Girl ....

Nadeshiko
07-10-2003, 01:54 AM
"Eternal Flame" and "Somewhere Out There"

Been tearing me up since 1989...

Crimsonmoon
07-11-2003, 05:25 PM
No songs really make me tear up, but a few make me feel kind of sad.

Nobuo Uematsu: To Zanarkand (FFX): I don't know what it is about this song, but it just seems kind of sad-sounding to me.

Nobuo Uematsu: Mt. Gagazet Theme (FFX, not sure of the name): The battle that I first noticed it in (Kimahri vs. the two Ronso) seemed sort of sad to me for some reason.

Chahan
07-11-2003, 10:07 PM
One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men...in 4th grade a friend of mine died, and our school held this memorial thing for her. They played that song at it. TT; Every once in a while I hear it on the radio, and I just start crying.

Nene
07-21-2003, 01:11 AM
The songs that always make me tear up are Yatsunori Mitsuda's "Broken Mirrors" (the ending to Xenogears..), The piano solo of True Light (The opening to DNAngel), Kokia and Yoko Ueda's "Currents", and Kokia "A gift"...

I really suggest you guys listen to "A Gift" by Kokia...it's so sweet. And even though I'm more into the hyper street punk music, completely oppisite to this type of song, it's so Beautiful...

peaseblossom
07-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Hmm, there are a couple. Lessee..."Green and Grey"-by New Model Army and "Seed of a Lie" by Gary Numan. I shall post the lyrics, so you can see why! I am not a crybaby by any means, but these songs will do it to me almost every time.

"Green and Grey"- New Model Army
The time I think most clearly
The time I drift away
Is on the busride that meanders
Up these valleys of green and grey
I get to think about what might have been
And what may yet come true
And I get to pass a rainy mile
Thinking of you

And all the while, all the while
I still hear that call
To the land of gold and poison
That beckons to us all

Nothing changes here very much
I guess you'd say it never will
The pubs are all full on Friday nights
And things get started still We spent hours last week with Billy boy
Bleeding, yeah queueing in consualty Staring at those posters we used to laugh at
Never never land, palm trees by the sea

Well there was no need for those guys
To hurt him so bad
When all they had to do
Was knock him down
But no one asks to many questions like that anymore
Since you left this town

CHORUS:
And tomorrow brings another train
Another young brave steals away
But you're the one I remember
From these valleys of green and the grey

You used to talk about winners and losers
All the time - as if that was all there was As if we were not of the same blood family
As if we live by different laws
Do you owe so much less to these
Rain swept hills
Than you owe to your good self
Is it true that the world has always got
To be something that always seems
To happen - somewhere else
For God's sake don't you realise
That I still hear that call
Do you think you're so brave
Just to go running
To that which beckons to us all

CHORUS:And tomorrow brings another train
Another young brave ...

No, not for one second Did you look behind you
As you were walking away
Never once did you wish any of us well
Those who had chosen to stay
And if that's what it takes to make it
In the place that you live today
Then I guess you'll never read these
Letters that I've sent From the valleys of the green and the grey

"Seed of a Lie"- Gary Numan
I'm a ghost in the dark and I'm yours.
I belong in the past and I'm yours.
Like a song you forget, and I'm yours.
Like a dream in the night, and I'm yours.

The wrong place?
The wrong time?
I don't know.
The wrong face?
Yours or mine?
I don't know.

Like a tear when you sleep, I'll be yours.
Like a scar that won't fade, I'll be yours.
Like a pain in the cold, I'll be yours.
Like a fear in the heart, I'll be yours.

The wrong word when you cry
I will be like the seed of a lie
I will be like the germ of disease
I will be like the last one who cared
I will be

Like your shadow
I will haunt you
Do you remember?
I said to you
'Love is a mountain
But harder to climb.
It should be forever
But love is unkind
To me.
Don't let me down.'

And you let me down.

Sparki
07-22-2003, 04:17 AM
The Wicked Little Town reprise Tommy Gnosis sings at the end of Hedwig and the Angry Inch...My god. Oh, and that one Smashing Pumpkins song at the end of the Adore cd, y'know..."If you have to go, don't say goodbye..." Annd I Know by Trespassers William...

And the Banana Boat song, when they mention the tarantula...I have this horrid irrational terror of spiders.

Sky650
07-22-2003, 06:58 AM
i feel so stupid saying this but everytime i hear some music froma a video game played on a violin or piano i tear up of happyness and how awesome it sounds =).

normal 17 year old guys like me don't do that but i'm weird like that.

AsuraSiegfried
07-22-2003, 07:17 AM
ERm, a lot of them that are classical.

1) E. Grieg's piano concerto 2nd movement.
2) Brahms Symphony Nr. 4 Op. 98 2nd movement
3) Sibelius violin concerto
4) Bruch violin concerto 1st movement
5) Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1
6) He's our peace (Hymnal)
7) Chopin's etudes... so many of them.
8) Scottish Fantasy
9) Ravel's "Ma mere l'oye" or "mother goose"
10) Schumann's piano concerto 2nd movement

That's just few of them. Classical music is just the best. And yeah, I am an extreme conservative with few liberal POV.

BondagePenguin
07-22-2003, 04:27 PM
The Cure- Lovesong (Shiver) and everything else they've done or ever will do

Led Zeppelin- Thank You (If you don't know this song yet, download it, buy it whatever, just get it now and listen), Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Henry Rollins-I Know You

Portishead-Roads, Wandering Stars (And a bunch that I don't know the names of)

Type O Negative-World Coming Down, Everything Dies, Love You To Death

Nine Inch Nails-A Warm Place, Hurt, The first three tracks on The Fragile if listened to as one song

TOOL- Lateralis and Parabol/Parabola

Depeche Mode- Enjoy the Silence, Black Celebration, But Not Tonight

Fear Factory- Invisible Wounds

Stone Temple Pilots-Atlanta, Interstate Love Song, Big Empty, Kitchenware and Candybars, Sour Girl, Wonderful

Danny Elfman-This is Halloween

Wow...uh...I'll stop here

Oh, that May Angels Lead you in is Jimmy Eat World, its called a Praise Chorus I think...also, damn good choice!

zoinomiko
07-25-2003, 12:39 AM
The Eva Cassidy version of Time After Time
Battlefield Band -- The Same Old Story
Kate Rusby -- Who Will Sing Me Lullabies
Greenday -- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

And Sparki, I so agree about Wicked Little Town.

Kortnie Li
07-25-2003, 11:38 AM
"First Love" By Utada Hikaru...*sobs* everyone laughs at me when we listen to it......;-;

Ehrgeiz
07-25-2003, 11:32 PM
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Nethya
07-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Geez... there are so many musics that makes me cry... Some of them made cry once but never did again.

The last music I cried with was Morphine - "In Spite of Me". I melt with this music... is so warm.

I also feel like crying everytime I listen to Coldplay - "Politik" (almost in the end when he sings "and give love over, blahblah..."), and Radiohead - "Airbag". But that's because I have a special reason for that.

I feel like crying my ass off when I listen to the Gladiator OST, the part in the end when the Gladiator... well... if you saw the movie, you know.

And many, many more...
There are some from FF that makes that effect too ^^

DaphHime
07-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Pretty much all of Evanescence's songs. The menloncohly lyrics coupled with the singers voicals may it very powerful I think. I don't really cry or anything, but for some reason I feel the urge to write depressing fan fics. :p

I don't think any of Linkin Park's songs made me cry with the exception of "My December". Though I've only heard the Reanimation remix of it and not the orignal.

Anime wise "Komm Sussur Todd (Come Sweet Death)" from EoE is a very depressing song. As well as "Blue" (for obvous reasons), "Flying Teapot", as well as some of the instrumentals from Cowboy Bebop.

Chapel
07-28-2003, 09:20 PM
The only songs that have ever gotten me to tear up slightly are Brian McKnight's "Back at One" and "Once Upon a December" from Anastasia. But that was because I associated both songs with failed relationship that meant a lot to me.

diqitaldreams
07-28-2003, 09:23 PM
I have a new song too...Super Furry Animals - Hello Sunshine.

It's just so ... pretty....and kinda meloncholy. :B

Medievalchimp
07-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Rammsteins Alter Mann really really gets to me...the lyrics are just complete genious and so deep =/ there song Seemann also gets to me ;_;

another german song is Megaherz - Freiflug
Some more are Pink Floyds - Goodbye Blue Sky the "Overture" songs from the Requiem For a Dream OST and A Perfect Circles song 3 Libras is quite the tear jerker as well ;D woo...now I feel like a pansy ^_^

Neko_Kaolla
07-29-2003, 02:19 PM
"The Dance" by Garth Brooks. For some reason, ever sence my grandfather died, it reminded me of him. I miss him...

Skyline Kyo
07-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Variations of Kanon D by George Winston, an instant memorable song beautifully played on a piano.

Kyo Kusanagi's 'Tears for a Futility's End' from KoF 99 Ast. A fitting theme for the time.

Lolita Goth
08-07-2003, 10:56 PM
I have two...Rammstein's Mein Herz Brennt (My Heart Burns) and Dir en grey's Aint afraid to die

Medievalchimp
08-08-2003, 01:18 AM
ah cool! Nice to meet another Rammstein fan here ^_^; Mein Herz Brennt is a reallly great song! :D the violin part is sad but the rest I dunno...either way it rocks >D

Nirv
08-08-2003, 12:03 PM
"Nothing Else Matters" and "Mama Said" by Metallica and "Bother" by Stone Sour.

Plus "Every Breath You Take" Puff Daddy version. That allways reminds me of my friends funeral.

And for some odd reason, The Terminator theme allways makes me sad.

Yumeko
08-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Lets see:

Ave Maria:
Call Me Call Me:
Blue:
All from Cowboy bebop. These three plus Melodies of Life from FFIX soundtrack make me think of my dad who passed away in Janurary.

(If you still) Believe in Love: Legend of Dragoon OST
Vision of a Sunset: Shawn Stockman
Four seasons of Loniness: Boyz II Men
Endless Rain, Crucify my love, and Forever love: X Japan
Secretly: Skunk Anasase

Inuyahsha
08-11-2003, 10:01 AM
in certain episodes of Inuyasha: my will.no more words is a pretty song too!

dearest is another song that is pretty but it really dont choke me up much.

Bezo
08-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Tim McGraw's Don't Take The Girl

Also the end theme from Final Fantasy X. Damn you Tidus!! Hugging Yuna like that...damn you!

daria_jack
08-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Both of the sad theme songs from American Beauty, and sometimes Maybe Tomorrow by Stereophonics

Artreus
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
"My December" by Linkin Park..

Nirv
08-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Two new songs.

Like A Stone - Audioslave

Glycerine - Bush

dmdflarekojima
08-12-2003, 11:34 PM
this will probably make pepople go "Huh?"

Scattered by Green Day. It jsut makes me get all emotional for no reason.

JustinCredible
08-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Hmmm... the list begins

Everytime I Close My Eyes - Babyface
How Come, How Long - Babyface & Stevie Wonder
It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday - BoyzIImen
Four Seasons Of Loniness - BoyzIImen
Yesterday - BoyzIImen
Water runs Dry - BoyzIImen
Can you stand the rain - BoyzIImen
Don't Speak - No Doubt
What Can I Do (Unplugged Version) - The Corrs
I Need You - LeAnn Rimes
There You'll Be - Faith Hill
I've Seen It All - Bjork

Railiens
08-13-2003, 02:44 AM
OMG The Titanic instrumental theme song. I freaking ball everytime.
That and Gloomy Sunday is quite depressing.

Nekobun
08-13-2003, 02:08 PM
I really have to be careful around "Total Eclipse Of The Heart," Two-Mix's "White Reflection," and Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer," because all three of them were rather closely associated with a dear friend of mine who passed away a couple years ago. I'm better than I used to get about it, but still, they tug the heartstrings.

That, and Simple & Clean tends to remind me of the ending to Kingdom Hearts, which was pretty damned beautiful.

Misa-chan
08-21-2003, 11:51 PM
That song that Eric Clapton wrote for his son, (I always forget the name) Graduation by Vitamin C (gets me every time), and any song that sounds sad always gets me in the crying mood, but doesn't usually make me cry.

StabbityBlkMage
08-22-2003, 12:56 AM
On My Own - The Used

Saturday Night - The Misfits
i dont actually cry but i feel really sad.

JustinCredible
08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
That song that Eric Clapton wrote for his son, (I always forget the name)

Tears In Heaven!

Don't Cry - Guns N Roses
November Rain -Guns N Rose
Mostly everything from Bjork's Dancer In The Dark soundtrack

Misa-chan
08-22-2003, 03:06 AM
Tears In Heaven!

Yes that's it! :D And let's not forget those x-mas miracle happy ending songs. :sniff:

Luffy XII
08-24-2003, 02:04 AM
Eyes on Me - Fay Wong *FFVIII

Nine
08-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Don't laugh, but Goodbye by the Spice Girls makes me sad, and sometimes tear up when I listen to it. It's just so sad! XD

Forte500
04-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Barbara Allen! It makes me weep just thinking about it!

Goggle
04-03-2004, 06:18 PM
"Il Adore" from the musical Taboo (I have the London recording, although I saw the New York version on Broadway back in January). It's also on Boy George's solo album "U Can Never Be 2 Straight". That song makes me cry.

chibi_kitsune
04-11-2004, 04:09 AM
"forever love" x-japan
"take on me" a1
"bittersweet symphony" the verve
"believe (that love is the answer)" blessed union of souls(?)

Yah "Forever Love" X-Japan makes me kind of depressed sometimes, it's a beautyful song though.

WoodenCoyote
04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Here Comes the Sun - the Beatles
Rhapsody in Blue - George Gershwin
Pretty much anything from La Traviata, when its not making me hyper

rei00
04-11-2004, 02:55 PM
maps --yeah yeah yeahs
..that song cuts right through me everytime.. as well as..
love will tear us apart again --joy division
drive --the cars
voices carry --til tuesday

*heart* rei

Ellone
04-18-2004, 02:28 AM
Without You I'm Nothing- Placebo. That song tears my heart out
A Warm Place - Nine inch nails instrumental
Malice Mizer's Regret
Emu for my Dear - Gackt
Shizuka na Hibi No Kaidan Wo - Dragon Ash. The song played during the credits of
Battle Royale. It playing with the screen showing the picture of the class makes me
so teary....

Kokuu
04-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Tears in Heaven, Eric Clapton.

There isn't any other song that even comes close.

Dewy
04-18-2004, 09:33 AM
For Fruits Basket >.<...its so bittersweet...;_;

Chiri
04-19-2004, 07:40 PM
"...But Home Is Nowhere" by AFI

Gothic_Catboy
04-20-2004, 05:16 AM
Blue - Cowboy Bebop (especially if you know the context)

This Used to be my Playground - Madonna (It's Madonna... but I've seen some touching AMV's to this song)

Eden - Sarah Brightman (Hauntingly Beautiful)

Crestfallen - Smashing Pumpkins (It's Billy, 'nuff said)

Sara McLachlan - Angel

Is It Real? - Cowboy Bebop (God this song is so depressing... I listened to it a long time ago when I was "breaking up" with one of my friends... not sure why I chose to be more depressed, but this was the song that really made me cry)

Holding On - VNV Nation (Excellent Industrial band... really recommend FuturePerfect)

Aiko's Oracle
04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
hmm something from X- Japan like "crucify my love" or that other one I forget it's name.

Faroresama
05-01-2004, 09:31 PM
....I cried listening to "Blue" too. But I was thinking of something sad at the time too, which helped.
First time I heard "Emu~For my Dear" by Gackt I cried. Especially after reading the translation of the words...