PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy Hanbok!

starcat
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
(If this belongs in the Spam Board -- I'm sorry! I thought it might be a better fit here, as it's not actually advertising anything...)

I have had very little luck with finding pre-made or pre-owned hanbok online. (Yes, even eBay.) For those who don't know, a hanbok is a traditional Korean dress. An example of children's hanbok can be seen here: http://discoverkorea.co.kr/sklad/sol_hanbok_sales.jpg Women's hanbok look basically the same, with short, bolero-style jackets and loooong floor-length skirts.

I'd love to get a women's hanbok without paying $500 to get one custom-made. Is there ANYWHERE online I can find one? I recently tried on my ($15 at a thrift store, though I don't expect it to be THAT cheap) hanbok from when I was in 4th grade and found that my chest had grown too much since then, and it didn't fit. ><

Can anyone help? @_@ For reference, I'm 5'7" tall, and have a 38-ish chest. This makes me on the larger side of things, but not impossible to find...right?

puddle_jumper
07-29-2007, 11:53 PM
i would love to sew one for you.
You can look at my photo gallery for some examples of my previous work.
Can you pm me a picture of what you want the finished product to look like?

starcat
07-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Oh, you're the one with the wonderful rupee wallet I liked. :)

I will find and scan in a picture from the manwha I need it for -- it's not an exact design, more of an I-need-something-that-doesn't-clash-with-her-hair thing. I think there are a few pictures of her in a hanbok though. (Ami Won from President Dad...though I don't know if you're familiar. ^_^; )

EDIT: I am still curious about the websites though, so if anyone knows any, please post here. :D

puddle_jumper
07-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I pmed you.

Narno
07-30-2007, 02:08 AM
If you have any sewing skill, Folkwear makes a very nice han-bok pattern.

http://www.folkwear.com/141.html

starcat
07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Hm...I'm really not interested in sewing one (though I can sew pretty well), but thank you for the link! ^_^ I love the style so I may pick that pattern up and modify it somehow.

manoeuvre
07-30-2010, 03:10 AM
www.manoeuvre-trading.com -- they're selling tailor-made hanbok with very competitive price -- click "product" - "hanbok" then you can view all differnet style of hanbok, then email to info@manoeuvre-trading.com for overseas quotation, hope it helps :)

SweetCherry
10-17-2010, 01:47 AM
It's everywhere on ebay =D I'm currently selling hanbok too. If you interested u can PM me. thank you