PDA

View Full Version : Pool Party / Gathering for '07!!!

Darth Takeo
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
In an attempt to create a tradition, we're going to hold the 2nd Annual Thursday Pool Party Gathering Kickoff to Dragon*Con! Had a nice turnout last year and hope to see some new faces this year!

Where: Marriott Indoor Pool

When: Thursday August 30th, 8pm-ish (don't worry if you can't be there right at 8, our Team will get there around 8. Pool stays open til 11pm so there will be plenty of time)

Should you not be staying at the Marriott and want to come, contact me and we will make arrangements.

Cosplay is not necessary but if you have a suitable swimworthy costume and want to wear it, by all means go for it! Swimming is not necessary either, just come chill by the pool with us! We had some people last year who just came to hang out but didn't get wet.

NiceGai44
07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
In an attempt to create a tradition, we're going to hold the 2nd Annual Thursday Pool Party Gathering Kickoff to Dragon*Con! Had a nice turnout last year and hope to see some new faces this year!

When: Thursday August 30th, 8pm-ish (don't worry if you can't be there right at 8, our Team will get there around 8. Pool stays open til 11pm so there will be plenty of time)

Should you not be staying at the Marriott and want to come, contact me and we will make arrangements.

Cosplay is not necessary but if you have a suitable swimworthy costume and want to wear it, by all means go for it! Swimming is not necessary either, just come chill by the pool with us! We had some people last year who just came to hang out but didn't get wet.

Raises hand I want to come!

nachtinis
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Yesh last year we had extra folks show up and we all had a blast. Ill be playing some tunes until hotel mgmt shuts me up (dotn worry I comply with all hotel rules)

For those who dont remember, the pool is both indoor and outdoor with a "tunnel" leading one part to the other, it is also a fairl large pool area with lots of corners and places to put things. There is a separate "relaxation" hot tub as well.

Come one, Come all, we love to have all our friend and new ones show up too

Tenel Ka
07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
If we get there on time (depending on when we leave and stuff XD) -- we will definitely try to be there, methinks.

I believe they're still doing renovations at the Marriott? Those don't affect the pool, do they? >_<

Darth Takeo
07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Good question... Need to research that. I'll update when I find out.

sakura-chan87
08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Spiffy!! I'll totally drag my little brother to this! XDD I'm sure we'll have some fun just goofing off with you guys. Ahh this is going to be a blast this year! ^_^

Darth Takeo
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I have received word the indoor pool at the Marriott is indeed open!

quiksilvababe
08-20-2007, 05:18 PM

whoa they actually have the pool open for D*C? crazyness.

Darth Takeo
08-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Open and ready for all of us cosplay.com winnahs!

arashialexander
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
i'll be in the area around that time, if nothing comes up i'll be there.

Darth Takeo
08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
i'll be in the area around that time, i'll be there guaranteed.
Great to hear!
:bigtu:

Kabane
08-23-2007, 06:21 PM
If I can make it to Atlanta early enough and there's space/invite for me; you may have a Spartan on hand to photo op "kick a few Persians" :eek: into the pool if anyone wants pics. No swimming though, hate to see what would happen to my Spartan speedo if it got wet.

"THIS IS POOL PARTY!"

Darth Takeo
08-24-2007, 01:19 AM
ROFL excellent! Definitely room for ya!

thraashman
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't have room until Friday night, but since I'm local I'm coming down a night early to hit the parties. So I'll definately make sure to drop by. Now all I gotta do is figure out where the pool is at the marriott.

Rukia_Kurosaki
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
If I can, I'll try to make it but Thursday's my 'preparing for D*C' night.

TheDemon2300
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I won't get to make it, bc I'm meeting up with the Minions from the MySpace group for Sushi.

Darth Takeo
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry for your loss. Maybe next year!

nachtinis
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't have room until Friday night, but since I'm local I'm coming down a night early to hit the parties. So I'll definately make sure to drop by. Now all I gotta do is figure out where the pool is at the marriott.

Oh when you get in the door just follow the smell of Excellence.

Actually its entrance it through the excercize room...

Darth Takeo
08-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes, you must have a Marriott key to get in. If you will not and want to come, PM me.

mex3can
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM

i want to go, can i bring to a couple of people? just email me at disj2k4@hotmail.com for more info on those arrangements

Hasina2006
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Me and my husband will try to be there, unless our dinner plans run late.

Nav
08-28-2007, 10:35 PM
i'm coming thursday night to pick up my badge, i'll see if i can drag my friends over to the party and hang for a bit if it's not too late. :)

nachtinis
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Pool is closed indefinitly due to inclement weather, sorry folks, we will be milling about in the marriot tho call us or PM us for more info if you just wanna come by and say hi!!!

~Nachtinis
~Team Takeo