PDA

View Full Version : Advice for cosplaying Luke (tales of the abyss)

Rokusasu_kun
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I have decided to cosplay as Luke fon Fabre. (short or long haired vers, I've yet to decide)
I was wondering if anyone who's done this cosplay/helped with this cosplay in the past could offer information on the best materials to use for what piece. If so, that would be greatly appreciated. If not, that's fine too. Thanks for your time.

Earthbounder
08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Although it may not be much help I'll try and give some advice based on my experience making the costume.

First, I'd reccomend using polyester or cotton/poly blend for the outside coat fabric, make sure it's something that's matte for the white outside, nothing opaque, otherwise the magenta/reddish lining shows through. Its up to you as to what to use for the lining and the yellow edging.

For the undershirt, it's not difficult at all, I just modified a black shirt I had to fit snug around my chest and obviously cut it for the mid-drift. You could probably make a shirt like that from scratch fairly easily though.

As for pants, just black with the two yellow slabs sewed near the knee's. The slabs could be any fabric you choose really.

Shoes I really can't help you on, my shot at painting them failed. I suppose you could pick up some red shoe paint, although I'm not sure of the cost on it, it's what I plan on doing when I remake the costume at least.

Anyways, hope I helped a little bit, good luck with the costume~

Rokusasu_kun
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Although it may not be much help I'll try and give some advice based on my experience making the costume.

First, I'd reccomend using polyester or cotton/poly blend for the outside coat fabric, make sure it's something that's matte for the white outside, nothing opaque, otherwise the magenta/reddish lining shows through. Its up to you as to what to use for the lining and the yellow edging.

For the undershirt, it's not difficult at all, I just modified a black shirt I had to fit snug around my chest and obviously cut it for the mid-drift. You could probably make a shirt like that from scratch fairly easily though.

As for pants, just black with the two yellow slabs sewed near the knee's. The slabs could be any fabric you choose really.

Shoes I really can't help you on, my shot at painting them failed. I suppose you could pick up some red shoe paint, although I'm not sure of the cost on it, it's what I plan on doing when I remake the costume at least.

Anyways, hope I helped a little bit, good luck with the costume~

All right thank you so much ^_^ This has really helped and it was a quick reply too! I'm very greatful. Thanks!