PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to EGL/EGA?

keriko
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Since I'm coming from Texas and can't take a lot of stuff I was planning on doing one or two good costumes.

One costume being EGL Allen Walker from D. Gray-man. Now as I've never done EGL before I was wondering if Yaoi con is a good place to debut such a thing. I've never seen an EGL Allen, or an EGL any D. Gray-man character and am anxious to see it done/ do it myself. ^_^

Also I was wondering if anyone else was doing EGL/EGA. If so perhaps we could have a general EGL/EGA photoshoot. Anyone care to join??

Leishu
08-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Well I typically prefer to do some sort of EGL outfit at the bingo on friday evenings, as well as whenever else I can. There will definitely be very, very many people in both EGL and EGA outfits all over the con. I'd recommend that you also post this topic on the Yaoi-con forums, perhaps. :D

No sweet lolita for me, though, this year. Pink and White are not my colors. :p

keriko
08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Oooh good idea posting on the yaoi-con forums.

There's bingo on friday? o.O

My EGL will be black and white color combination. I don't DO pink. <-<

Leishu
08-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Hehehe...

Are you a first-timer? :3

Bingo at Y-con is something special.

Are you aware of the general swing of Yaoi-con's non-panel live programming? I don't want to scare you away if you're not. -_-

keriko
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
i am a yaoi-con n00b. It was hard for me to be able to afford flight + hotel + con costs while i was in college. Now that that monkey is off my back i decided to splurge.

Is the Friday bingo an EGL/EGA friendly situation?

Leishu
08-08-2007, 01:44 AM
i am a yaoi-con n00b. It was hard for me to be able to afford flight + hotel + con costs while i was in college. Now that that monkey is off my back i decided to splurge.

Is the Friday bingo an EGL/EGA friendly situation?

*chuckle* It's a what-you're-wearing friendly situation.

It's easier to think of it as "strip bingo" where the people getting "stripped" are the official Yaoi-con Bishounen. The crowd wears what the crowd wears (though the event-runners and the bishounen LOVE to see people in costume) and the bishounen wear stuff that's easy to remove in stages. :]

Nobody No. XIII
08-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Back to the topic at hand..

I'll be wearing an EGL outfit for my Princess Princess cosplay. I'll have a friend with me who will also be cosplaying there.. While I've never been to Y-con (this'll be my first time >D), I don't see why wearing an EGA Allen Walker cosplay would be bad.. seeing a D.Gray Man is so slashable it's ridiculous. Anyway~, can't wait to see everyone there.<3

keriko
08-28-2007, 10:45 PM
i swoon for Princess Princess!!! Its one of the only live actions i like more than the anime and the costumes in both are so CUTE!! I can't wait to see you there.

Yea DGM is rather slashable, but not overtly so. I'm hoping my EGL Allen with a possible EGA Rhode will drive the message home. ^_^

Nobody No. XIII
08-30-2007, 06:25 PM
i swoon for Princess Princess!!! Its one of the only live actions i like more than the anime and the costumes in both are so CUTE!! I can't wait to see you there.

Yea DGM is rather slashable, but not overtly so. I'm hoping my EGL Allen with a possible EGA Rhode will drive the message home. ^_^

Well, I'll be cosplaying from the anime/manga of Princess Princess.

I'm looking forward to seeing your cosplay as well. Maybe we could put up a thread like this up in the yaoicon forums inviting all EGA/EGL cosplayers to meet up as well? Since you and I see to be the only ones who are doing EGA/EGL here on cosplay.com. But the con's still two months away... Maybe we'll get more activity before then.