PDA

View Full Version : Who's done?

Chosuke
05-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Well its getting closer and closer and already i'm feeling butterflies in my stomach ^^;;

Haku is close to done,I just need to make the purple sash on monday and then I'll be finished.

Li is pretty much close to done,just have the pants to sew and thats it.

Kamui is pretty much done as well. I got the pants,choker and Gauze for it last night.As well as the pretty much seethru shirt ^^;

How about everyone else? and what was your most expensive costume? Mine would have to be a tie between Haku and Kamui

Scoti
05-10-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm 99.9% done kilik I just need to fix a few areas
Yuki's hair is being a bitch right now so I have to try something else on Monday

Kilik is by far the most expensive but it turned out better then I expected so it was worth it.

heki-chan
05-10-2003, 12:31 PM
im finished popstar yuna
annd...
thats it. LOOOOL

my monkey thing is 98.6346% finished tho

gunner yuna will be...after today. or yeah..all is doomed^_^;

Minakolabelle
05-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Mana's done
paine's done (minus my thrusday night bleach job)
Chii's done
Pare's wig is done

Left to do:

Miss X
Finsihing off sakura
and fixing the chorme on Killer

then I'm done weeeee

Kikoro
05-11-2003, 12:07 AM
My Hitomi costume is done. all i have to do for that one is dye my hair. Note to self get dye tomorrow. anyway all i have left for my Integral costume is my bow which i have no idea how im going to tie and a cigar.

Cant wait to see all of you there its going to be so much fun!

Minakolabelle
05-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Chobrat
and what was your most expensive costume?

well all of mine are about the same this year ^^; Close to $200 250 each. Kaoru being $140 just for all teh damn spikes >_<

Minako

Mekou
05-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Uhh..Neese is more or less done and that all at the moment. ^_^ everything else is oh so close to being done. ~.~

Most expensive? Hmmm....it woudl have to be Neese. I think it was a little over $160. O_o

xiola
05-11-2003, 04:55 AM
done? not me! >_<

well actually, Kurikara is 95% done except for the sword, finally, i'm so happy! finally! gah!

Nokoru still needs outer trim and quick shorts

Yoh still needs his crazy-pockets-detail and FUNBARI ONSEN back-painting (but the stencil is already done which was half the work, cutting out the damn kanji fonts out of bristol board with a craft knife X_x;;) i did a test piece but i need to buy different paint.

Kurikara was surely the most expensive and he was probably only about 100$ not including whatever i do about the hair. which still seems like alot since relatively speaking i used quite cheap materials. but compared to most people's fancy costumes i guess it's really pretty decent, since all the fabric used was below 6$/metre because of various sales at the various times i bought it, and the armour was using nothing expensive at all. my CNA costumes will probably cost more, but i found 2 of the expensive fabrics i was going to need on a clearance sale and i'm HOPING the end that was left is enough for Jeanne >__< alot of them are just bits-and-pieces type costumes to make, so i can usually make each part relatively cheaply but it's the little things that end up adding up since there are so many of them >__<;; and other than fabric i dont' tend to buy alot of expensive materials, and haven't yet been willing to pay more than 40$ for a wig ^^;;

...i haven't bothered REALLY working out the full price of any my costumes, though, because... i really don't want to know. >_< i'm so broke already, and right now i'm buying fabric for EVERYTHING i'm making this summer all in the space of two months, including "well i might use this instead of that other stuff i have" and "i might need this, sometime, next year...", because of the damn fabricland closing sale i am working at having constant clearance and so i'm wasting my whole entire paycheque at my job. -_-;; but in the END it'll work out to way cheaper...

goddamn i need to go to bed. i ramble WAY too much :P

Kisa
05-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Ug. Anna is done, except I want to touch up the beads where the paint chipped, and hem the dress shorter if I have time later. Samurai Kyo is DONE.
Riko doesn't have a hat or face, or arms yet...
Kijin needs his hair dyed, his hat finished, the lace for the sleeves hand-sewed down before I can put them on the kimono, and then THAT needs to be hemmed. Also need to find some jewles for the ribbon around his waist and do the bow for his hat.
CCD needs cuffs and shoulder-pointies and buttons. the shirt needs buttons and I want to re-do the arms, because they're bad, and the pockets are crooked... so I have to re-do THEM, also it needs shoulder pointies... and I need to do all the pins for CCD... and the short-shorts.
And find socks.
Kakyou has to be finished. One kimono down, two more to go, plus the extentions for the wig to make... Oh. and Painting the outer kimono -_- that's going to be the most time-consuming of the stuff left for me to do.... ug.ug.ug!

Kijin cost me the most, easily. I wont give an exact price, because I'm SCARED to find out how much it all cost, but...The silk for the kimono, the velveteen for the obi's, the sheer bridal fabric for the sashes, the 23$/m lace for the sleeves (2.5 m each...) the satin for under the outfit under the kimono, the sculpy, the wig, the paint to dye the wig.... hell, even the quilting cotton and print for the under-under-obi were more then a few dollars. THANK GOD for having friends who work at fabricland and get 40% off... and sales and winning a 35$ gift certificate!
God I love the costume tho. It's adorable and looks *fantastic* even only 85% finished. I could wear it how it is, and be Wow...

I am so very very glad I have most of the fabric I'll need for T.T already... -_- horray for scraps and buying 'Extra' !

Ryukka
05-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Eeek, I'm about 72% done with Rikku, @_@ I haven't even started Dorothy due to lack of time, so I don't think she's even going to be done.

I still have to finish the ribbions, her pouch, the shoes, and belt @_@; then a little touch ups here and there. I'm in major panic mode.

Seiya Yagami
05-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Hmm... I've done everything, even my weapon... but why am I still so nervous and freakin' out (Well... a lil)?

Kia
05-15-2003, 03:35 AM
the mime is *almost* done! ^_^ Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Chosuke
05-15-2003, 06:43 AM
I know!
I'm soooooooooo nervous even tho I'm done everything....I guess its just pre-con jitters ^^;;

coscrew
05-15-2003, 07:50 AM
FINALLY DONE! Yesterday was our last day to get everything finished and we're looking fine. now, just to gather everything up... i hope we didn't lose anything in the rubble @_@

Kia
05-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Mom finished my mask last night. If anyone has seen the old movie Harvey, well... even though it's supposted to be a fox it certainly looks like I stole Harvey's head and stuck it on my dining room table. ^_^

nyamiko_chan
05-15-2003, 08:28 AM
I've actually cooked up a costume :)

all I had was this ref. pic http://www.animeshrine.com/gallery.php?series=serialexperimentslain&image=13

so the colors are..ya ...black and white ^^; HAIR CUT!! i LOVE lain's hair! (bye bye Paine hair *sniffles*)

Kikoro
05-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Im so nervous too. But i know im going to have a lot of fun. I really hope lots of people take my picture! I will be hanging out with two wolfwoods (male and female versions) *i think, and a Female Kaiba on Friday, then i think a Misato and Kaolla Su on Saturday. My friend going as Kaolla Su (not sure if i spelled the name right) is going in a towel, thats right a towel, the one she always wears to the hotsprings. I will be Hitomi. Just finished my necklace and dyed my hair the other day. weee! this is going to be great cant wait to see you all there.!!!!

Chosuke
05-15-2003, 10:47 AM
my 3 chii costumes r about 99.9% finished. I just need to finish the two chokers and do the hair clips, but those will only take about 10 minutes to do. I spent, $85.60 on my wig, and $75 on 2 of my chii dresses, and $40 on the other one + the perls and flowers and stuff.

Kia
05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
O_o? *you're* doing *chii* costumes??? O_o... since when?

Mia-P
05-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Fujin is done.
I tried on the Miwako dress and it looked...weird *_* I have to finish a few things off and then I'll be done.
I have to start packing and organizing sh*t ick ick ick XP XP

Chosuke
05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Ahhh sorry!
Chobrat is NOT doing Chii costumes!
That was dumbass Kim on My name since she doesn't know HOW TO LOG IN OR OUT AND HOW TO SPELL OMFG!!1

Just finished some last minute stuff and NOW i HAVE TO PACK..BUT SOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED x,x

Tamer Brad
05-16-2003, 12:14 PM
I am DONE! ^^\\//

Ryukka
05-16-2003, 12:43 PM
XD I finished last night. at 1 @_@ So I wound up sleeping into 12:40 x_x and now I have to wait untill 3 to go to AN

Tamer Brad
05-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Who are ya going as?