PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gathering

yayahan
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi guys, last year we had a really kickass time doing a cosplay group of Disney characters, so I thought I'd throw the idea out again for this year.
Vampirate and I were talking about maybe puttine the Disney gathering around the same time as the Kingdom Hearts gathering, since some of the characters overlap. What do you think?

All characters welcome - heroes, villains, princesses... it would be fun!

UPDATE:
Time - 2:30pm Sunday afternoon (directly after/during the KH gathering)
Location - DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION SITE: What do you guys think of just meeting at the Lobby in the Marriott at 2:30pm for the shoot Sunday? Main Lobby floor, where the reception desks are. It's probably the easiest spot for everyone to find, especially the Dcon first-timers.

List of characters so far:
Kell - Belle (Ballgown, Beauty and the Beast)
Hikaru-chan - Snow White (Snow White)
Lady Skywalker - Ariel (mermaid version, The Little Mermaid)
AshleyV - Princess Kida (Atlantis)
Winn - Milo (Atlantis)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Arlette - Megara (Hercules)
AlabamaAmidala - Jasmine (Aladdin)
LadyVader - Jasmine (Red Slavegirl, Aladdin)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
TechieCL - Ron Stoppable (Kimpossible)
Alisachan - Jasmine (Aladdin)
Quinn - Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
athena-chan - Belle or Emily
Sari - Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Heidi - Jessica Rabbit (Who framed Roger Rabbit)
thraashman - Jafar (Aladdin)
Ash - Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
leahime - Cruella da Vil
Leah's friend - Mary Poppins
Dementia and friends- Evil Queen, Gaston, Stitch, Ursula, Yzma
PhoenixGate - Maleficent

kelldar
08-06-2007, 09:51 AM
that'd be awesome, I'm bringing my pink winter Belle dress for sure, and the ballgown if I can fit it -- I was going to be at the FF/Kingdom Hearts gathering in it anyway, so I'm up for it!

Hikaruchan
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
brilliantnova has been talking about a Disney group too - don't know when the meeting time is. I figure if I can make one of the meetings I would bring out Snow White.

Dementia
08-06-2007, 12:20 PM
We have a Disney Villains group getting together Sunday night, so if you guys would have us, we'd love to get together.

Carpe Noctem,
Dementia
(The evil Queen)

yayahan
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Yay that would be awesome! Belle and Snow White! And omd villains, we need them villains!
I think the date will be Sunday for sure!
Kell, do know know exactly when and where the meeting time is for the KH gathering so we can meet around then as well?

vampirate
08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
*butts in* FF/KH gathering is 2 pm Sunday afternoon at the Marriott patio. Same place the Marvel/DC shoot is going to be actually. It's a popular spot this year. *slinks back out*

Lady Skywalker
08-06-2007, 10:07 PM
If it's sunday, I think I can go. I'm making an Ariel costume (the mermaid version). Y'all's group last year was amazing and I'd love ot be a part of it!

Arlette
08-07-2007, 09:56 AM
D'oh. I want to cosplay Megara so bad, but I already have like 8 costumes. ;____; I started the costume once but I hate it, so I would need to re-make it.

We'll see. I might pull another costume out of my ass. XD

AshleyV
08-07-2007, 04:25 PM
You know I'm up for it. I'm working on Megara; however, if I do not finish it I have both my Jane from Tarzan and Esmeralda again so I'll be a Disney character nevertheless.

yayahan
08-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Posted a tentative list above.
I might be able to persuade a couple of the princesses from last year to do it again. Do any of you gals care about double characters? O_o;
Arlette - you totally should make something from Disney *pokes*!!!

Phoenixtear
08-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Yaya!! ^o^

Please add Angela (AlabamaAmidala) as Jasmine!

Angela has an account here but I think she forgot about it, hehe. so I'm posting for her ^.~.
I'll also ask our friend Kristina, who was the Red Slave Jasmine last year if she'd be interested too.

*huggles*
~ Justin

kelldar
08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Time sounds great to me!
I rearranged stuff last night, and yellow ballgown Belle is definitely coming, so I'll be in that :D Can't wait!

Arlette
08-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Posted a tentative list above.
I might be able to persuade a couple of the princesses from last year to do it again. Do any of you gals care about double characters? O_o;
Arlette - you totally should make something from Disney *pokes*!!!

You're right, I should! Dammit, I am going to make Megara for sure! I'll be there! ^_^ Just don't tell Serge, lol.

Phoenixtear
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
We have another Disney Character to add ^o^
My friend Kristina (LadyVader) said she'll bring her Red Slave Jasmine costume again this year!

~ Justin

Tyrus
08-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't know if I'll have a costume for this, but I'll still try and stop by to take a few pics. It sounds like a lot of fun!

yayahan
08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Added more people to the list, yaaaaaaaay! ^o^

Villains... which ones will you be? And dammit we need some MEN lol!

Ragresen
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I think Lander may be willing to do Tarzan.

thraashman
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
With all these hot girls doing Disney girls costumes, I think I may have to look into making a costume to join in. I'll get back to you on this. I only have 3 weeks at this point though, so it's not too likely unfortunately.

AshleyV
08-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I finally figured out which one. Put me down for Princess Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

TechieCL
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
w00t, I'll pull out Ron Stoppable and my Rufus plushie for this. Just gotta scavenge a wig.

Alisachan
08-10-2007, 08:10 AM
ooh yay, sounds awesome! I'll be there as Jasmine of course. I'll tell some other people about it as well. I have a few friends with awesome Disney costumes. Oh, and I have an Aladdin costume if we can find someone fitting to stick it on. lol. More heroes and villians would rock!

Quinn
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Can you count me in as Pocahontas ?

yayahan
08-11-2007, 02:51 AM
I added more people to the list - there might be a couple of double characters at the gathering, does anyone mind? I personally am always for "The more, the merrier!". ^_^

Quinn
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
I added more people to the list - there might be a couple of double characters at the gathering, does anyone mind? I personally am always for "The more, the merrier!". ^_^

Oh I personally dont care. Everyone's costume is different and unique. My best friend Marlana actually loves Pocahontas, but since we are both tan complected we try and cosplay characters that are dark brunettes or tanned. So we dont mind if one of us cosplays a character after the other has or even at the same time.
I was actually whining to Arlette last weekend about wanting to still dress as a princess's and running around with others but I was unsure if anyone was still as enthused about the idea , like they were months ago.
I am so glad you actually started this thread. Arlettte and I friend ,Stef is also making some Disney princess dress as well. So she will be all about this gathering. I'll direct her to this thread ^_^ I am pretty sure as soon as Cristi or I find out which princess she is making we'll run back over and add her to the group listing.

athena-chan
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to try and finish Belle, she's already about 50% done so I might have time.

Arlette
08-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh I personally dont care. Everyone's costume is different and unique. My best friend Marlana actually loves Pocahontas, but since we are both tan complected we try and cosplay characters that are dark brunettes or tanned. So we dont mind if one of us cosplays a character after the other has or even at the same time.
I was actually whining to Arlette last weekend about wanting to still dress as a princess's and running around with others but I was unsure if anyone was still as enthused about the idea , like they were months ago.
I am so glad you actually started this thread. Arlettte and I friend ,Stef is also making some Disney princess dress as well. So she will be all about this gathering. I'll direct her to this thread ^_^ I am pretty sure as soon as Cristi or I find out which princess she is making we'll run back over and add her to the group listing.

I totally forgot that Steph wants to wear a Princess costume! I don't know if she's doing it, though. But if she did, I know for a fact that her favorite princess is Ariel. So there's a BIG possibility it would be some version of that. I'll try to find out and make her wear it when the rest of us do. ^_^

I need to buy fabric for Megara tomorrow. I meant to today, but I was too busy trying to buy a replacement satin stitch foot for my machine. ;___;

Sari
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Is there an Aurora yet? Would you like one? Because if so I'm totally in :x :x :x

yayahan
08-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Is there an Aurora yet? Would you like one? Because if so I'm totally in :x :x :x

^o^ Oooh that would be fabulous!!! I am adding you to the list!
Omg I haven't seen you in years, girl!

yayahan
08-11-2007, 10:49 PM

^o^ I feel the same way on cosplaying the same character with others! I hope the group will have a great turn out, keep me updated on your friends - I am so looking forward to this! *_*

Eurobeat King
08-12-2007, 02:49 AM
I should be done with my 2:00pm private photoshoot around 2:30-2:40pm, so I'll besure to stop by the Marriott patio-area to take pics of the gathering, Yaya. :)

Hopefully everyone will be ready around that time so I can take as many pictures before my 3:00pm photoshoot.

Ragresen
08-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Considering who your 2 pm shoot is Al. I think I can agree with that assessment and I hope to be able to take pictures of the disney group as well though that will be hard with all the theater makeup I will have on and my outfit. Oh well I am sure I will manage.

Phoenixtear
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm hoping to be there taking pictures too ^-^

thraashman
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd love to be in on this, but I don't have enough talent at making costumes to be able to make one in 3 weeks. I could always try to find a good one already made and mod it if necessary.

athena-chan
08-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I just realized, Emily's a Disney Costume! If it doesn't sell I'll be in that, other wise I'll try and finish Belle.

Heidi
08-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh, heck. If it's open to all Disney and Disney associated characters, and no one minds a sultry sequined songstress, go ahead and put me down as Jessica Rabbit. :)

As long as my Golden Axe group doesn't have to change our plans to Sunday, I should be able to make it!

thraashman
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Hmmm. I saw a costume that's fairly accurate that I could get and I could do Jafar. I've already got the right facial hair and can get the few appropriate accessories. It wouldn't be hand made since I don't have the time, but it would add a villian and another guy to the fold! I know most people are pretty proud of their self made costumes, but if no one minds someone resorting to buying his, I could join in.

kelldar
08-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place -- we were already bringing Stitch anyway, so my friend Ash will be tagging along in that!

Arlette
08-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Hmmm. I saw a costume that's fairly accurate that I could get and I could do Jafar. I've already got the right facial hair and can get the few appropriate accessories. It wouldn't be hand made since I don't have the time, but it would add a villian and another guy to the fold! I know most people are pretty proud of their self made costumes, but if no one minds someone resorting to buying his, I could join in.

I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say there is NOTHING wrong with purchasing a costume. Most people only make their own because they enjoy the creative outlet, and because they have the time and patience. I know I would never expect everyone who wants to wear costumes to all make their own! Hell, if it weren't for me making all his costumes, my husband would have to buy all of his. He can't sew or anything.

So, yes, please come be Jafar!

I tried to get my hubby to be Hades, but no dice. XD He said he would only ever be Prince Eric or the prince from Sleeping Beauty because they actually did badass stuff.

Quinn
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
because they actually did badass stuff.

Ha Orochiserge FTW That made me laugh

thraashman
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say there is NOTHING wrong with purchasing a costume. Most people only make their own because they enjoy the creative outlet, and because they have the time and patience. I know I would never expect everyone who wants to wear costumes to all make their own! Hell, if it weren't for me making all his costumes, my husband would have to buy all of his. He can't sew or anything.

So, yes, please come be Jafar!

I tried to get my hubby to be Hades, but no dice. XD He said he would only ever be Prince Eric or the prince from Sleeping Beauty because they actually did badass stuff.

Well then, on that note. Count me in as Jafar.

leahhime
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey Yaya, I see you need more villains. I will be there as Cruella da Vil.

yayahan
08-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Waah love all the villains joining.. Lea you are going to be outrageous as Cruella!
I added more peeps to the list, holy cow look at it now!

yayahan
08-16-2007, 04:54 AM

Dude we gonna have an Aurora, and I would love to see Serge as Prince Eric! Hahaha all the other Disney heroes are pansies - trust me, I tried to get Brian to join as well and he refused on similar grounds! WEEP!

Arlette
08-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Dude we gonna have an Aurora, and I would love to see Serge as Prince Eric! Hahaha all the other Disney heroes are pansies - trust me, I tried to get Brian to join as well and he refused on similar grounds! WEEP!

Well, I'm in the process of bugging him to be Eric because he already has black hair and it's a really easy costume. He said he'll "think about it."

Maybe you could convince Brian to be, like, the guy from 101 Dalmations or something. XD Or John Smith from Pocahontas! Hahaha.

thraashman
08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm trying to find a friend to convince to be the emperor from The Emperor's New Groove, but specifically I want them to be the llama version. I'm sure I can find a llama costume somewhere. Everything is more fun with a llama!

Heidi
08-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Heidi - Jessica Rabbit (101 Dalmatians)

Pssst. That should actually read "Heidi - Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) ;)

Sari
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM

!!! Tell Serge he needs to do this SRSLY !!!

Arlette
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
!!! Tell Serge he needs to do this SRSLY !!!

Dude, I told him you were doing Aurora and he was like "DAMMIT!" XD But he's still thinking about it. I think Prince Phillip is too hard on such short notice, but Eric is easier. We'll see. Becky needs to get with the program, too.

Dementia
08-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi guys, last year we had a really kickass time doing a cosplay group of Disney characters, so I thought I'd throw the idea out again for this year.
Vampirate and I were talking about maybe puttine the Disney gathering around the same time as the Kingdom Hearts gathering, since some of the characters overlap. What do you think?

All characters welcome - heroes, villains, princesses... it would be fun!

UPDATE:
Location - Marriott Patio

Dementia - Villain character/s (which one, and is the timing okay for you?)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
Heidi - Jessica Rabbit (101 Dalmatians)
leahime - Cruella da Vil

Hi Yaya!

Count me in as the Evil Queen, my husband (Robio) as Gaston, and our little son Julian is going to be Stitch. We also have an Ursula and an Yzma for the Villains group. If you need any contact info get a hold of me at dementia at livejournal dot com

Lady Skywalker
08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Dude, I told him you were doing Aurora and he was like "DAMMIT!" XD But he's still thinking about it. I think Prince Phillip is too hard on such short notice, but Eric is easier. We'll see. Becky needs to get with the program, too.

OOo, I'd love to see a Prince Eric!

TechieCL
08-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I'll be downtown tomorrow/today for a business conference, so I'll be scouting locations. Best to double-check to see if the patio is still accessible. The Marriott has been undergoing a lot of constructions...

orca_sora
08-18-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm sure the KH crew is definitely going to want to see a bunch of you Disney folks. We hope to see you at the shoot!

Little Stitch ... cute!!

TechieCL
08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
DalaiLiam met up with me after my conference to scout locations all around the Hyatt and Marriott. Those shots will be uploaded soon.

But I can say the patio is currently blocked off by all the construction and inaccessible. Looking over the barriers it is possible that it could be finished by the con, but who knows for sure...

piratelife4me
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Would Tia Dalma from POTC be apart of the Disney crew?

yayahan
08-19-2007, 03:10 PM
DalaiLiam met up with me after my conference to scout locations all around the Hyatt and Marriott. Those shots will be uploaded soon.

But I can say the patio is currently blocked off by all the construction and inaccessible. Looking over the barriers it is possible that it could be finished by the con, but who knows for sure...

We should probably talk about an alternate place to meet up then... like the Main Lobby or Garden Level inside the Mariott?

yayahan
08-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Would Tia Dalma from POTC be apart of the Disney crew?

Hell yeah, anyone Disney related is totally welcome!

dollyrose
08-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Dang it, I was going to ask that next..lol

orca_sora
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
The KH/FF group is currently deciding between several locations which have been recommended.

AshleyV
08-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Yaya,

I have another person to add to the Disney crew. I've convinced my good friend Winn to be Milo from Altanis.

PhoenixGate
08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Maleficent shall make her appearance if there is evil afoot...

leahhime
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I talked my friend into coming and she will be dressed up as Mary Poppins!

thraashman
08-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I talked my friend into coming and she will be dressed up as Mary Poppins!

Sweet, so that means y'all found a good costume to do and are gonna be able to do it on time? That's great.

Lady Skywalker
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm really sorry to back out, but I odn't think I can join. Packing for college has me so busy that I odn't see how I can finish my Ariel costume in time. If by some mircale I do, then I'll be there, but just ot be on the safe (and most probable side) you'll have to count me out.

TechieCL
08-21-2007, 11:10 PM
The thread with the location photos: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=123567

yayahan
08-22-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm not taking people off the list, just in case they can make it. You never know, right? ^_^

What do you guys think of just meeting at the Lobby in the Marriott at 2:30pm for the shoot Sunday? Main Lobby floor, where the reception desks are. It's probably the easiest spot for everyone to find, especially the Dcon first-timers. We can move wherever from there.. loving the location thread, TechieCL!

Arlette
08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
What do you guys think of just meeting at the Lobby in the Marriott at 2:30pm for the shoot Sunday? Main Lobby floor, where the reception desks are. It's probably the easiest spot for everyone to find, especially the Dcon first-timers. We can move wherever from there.. loving the location thread, TechieCL!

I'm all for it, since we're staying at the Marriott anyway. It would be particularly easy to get to for everyone, though. Actually, have you guys seen pictures of the new remodeled Marriott? For those of us who have been to Dragon*Con many times, it's going to be a real surprise! Remember how it was all dark and brown and orange with really bad lighting for pictures? Now it's white and bright and completely different.

Here's are some links to pictures my friend took who lives in Atlanta...

http://www.totfc.net/junkbox/lobby1.jpg
http://www.totfc.net/junkbox/lobby2.jpg

Those are pics of the new Marriott lobby. The west side of the hotel is now being renovated and is not open, but the skywalk is back!

thraashman
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
If anyone wants I can walk to the Marriott and Hyatt Friday at lunch (it's 3 blocks away) and take some more locations pictures. Friday is my last day I'm on this project, so it's the last day I'll be this close to the hotel until Dragon Con starts.

yayahan
08-23-2007, 02:58 AM
I am leaving for Brazil tomorrow morning, wondering if someone else could take over organizing the thread? I am afraid I won't get enough internet time between now and Dcon to keep updating the list.
I'll check back before the event for the finalization of the location. Can't wait to see everyone's costumes! Let's all break out into song!!!!!!!

childdoll
08-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Oh I'd love to join! I'll wear my Princess Eilonwy costume from The Black Cauldron ^_^

AshleyV
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
I am leaving for Brazil tomorrow morning, wondering if someone else could take over organizing the thread? I am afraid I won't get enough internet time between now and Dcon to keep updating the list.
I'll check back before the event for the finalization of the location. Can't wait to see everyone's costumes! Let's all break out into song!!!!!!!

Yaya,
If you want I can take over with organizing the Disney Gathering thread.

Elendriel
08-23-2007, 02:54 PM
QUestion. Would anyone be up for doing a Disney group for the Parade on Sat?

thraashman
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM

it's a world of laughter, a world of tears
its a world of hopes, and a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

CHORUS:
its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small small world

What? You said we should break out into song.

Arlette
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Yaya,
If you want I can take over with organizing the Disney Gathering thread.

I'm thinking Yaya won't see this anytime soon because I believe she has already scooted off to Brazil, but it looks like the list is caught up except for adding on "childdoll" so here is what the list currently looks like:

Winn - Milo (Atlantis)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
leahime - Cruella da Vil
PhoenixGate - Maleficent
childdoll - Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron)

I think it would be easier if people post if they do not currently see themselves listed and would like to be added.

Right now the "meeting" announcement looks like this:

UPDATE:
Location - DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION SITE: What do you guys think of just meeting at the Lobby in the Marriott at 2:30pm for the shoot Sunday? Main Lobby floor, where the reception desks are. It's probably the easiest spot for everyone to find, especially the Dcon first-timers.

I'm in agreeance that meeting in the Marriott lobby and either doing photos there or moving as a group to another location is probably the best and easiest idea. ^_^ We could even move as a group to the Hyatt for more exposure, and not be missing anyone.

gypsyariana
08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I've got a TinkerBell costume...I'd love to join you folks if I don't get roped into working during that time.

Arlette
08-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Updated List of Characters:

Winn - Milo (Atlantis)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
leahime - Cruella da Vil
PhoenixGate - Maleficent
gypsyariana - Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
minako_chan - Ariel [blue boat dress] (The Little Mermaid)

I added my friend there on the end as Ariel because she doesn't post here much, but I know she's making the costume and Sari and I will make her come. XD

leahhime
08-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Got another one to add; my friend will be Bert from Mary Poppins!

Schuldig
08-26-2007, 03:09 PM
oooh! Rain and I have our Belle and Aurora gowns I made and my friend is making the outfit Mulan wears at the end of the movie! We'll definitely be there XD

Arlette
08-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Updated Character List As Of 8/26/07

Winn - Milo (Atlantis)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
leahime - Cruella da Vil
Leah's friends - Mary Poppins & Bert (Mary Poppins)
PhoenixGate - Maleficent
minako_chan - Ariel [blue boat dress] (The Little Mermaid)
Schuldig & Friends - Belle, Aurora, Mulan
Ambrosia - Po' Ass Cinderella. XD (because I said so)

vampirate
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey guys! I'm thinking we(the FF/KH group) will stay in the lobby until you all show up. And I'm guessing that by then we will be a large awkward group that might need to move. Why oh why did they have to be working on the patio now? I wish they wouldn't have started on it until after D*Con.

athena-chan
08-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I'll be in Emily (gonna get professionally body painted, I'm so excited!) And my friend Tammy will be in Jasmin (park inspired)

Schuldig
08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
I forgot, I've got two friends who will be there as Tinkerbell (Faires inspired) and Alice :)

MaryRyanBogard
08-28-2007, 07:15 AM
I'll probably come by and take pictures (I currently don't even have a Disney costume, unfortunately).

Lady Skywalker
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, it's official...I won't be attending the DIsney group photo :( I couldn't get my costume done in time *Sigh*. But I will be there to take a photo of you guys. Can't wait!

Arlette
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, it's official...I won't be attending the DIsney group photo :( I couldn't get my costume done in time *Sigh*. But I will be there to take a photo of you guys. Can't wait!

Hey, don't worry about it. ^_^ We'll be sorry not to have you, but stuff happens and real life responsibilities come first!

UPDATED LIST AS OF 8/28/07 - This is the last update I can make until D*C!

Winn - Milo (Atlantis)
Yaya - Mulan (Mulan)
Lander - Tarzan (maybe?)
athena-chan - Emily (Corpse Bride)
leahime - Cruella da Vil
Leah's friends - Mary Poppins & Bert (Mary Poppins)
PhoenixGate - Maleficent
minako_chan - Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Schuldig & Friends - Belle, Aurora, Mulan, Tinkerbell, Alice
Ambrosia - Po' Ass Cinderella. XD (because I said so)

[B]Sunday at 2:30 in the Marriott lobby!

Arlette
09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
WHEW! I hope everyone had an enjoyable gathering! Due to some unexpected things, Sari and I were VERY late getting down to try and meet up as Megara and Aurora, though we did run into Yaya and AshleyV and several others! So while our gathering was small, I did see photos of the big one and everyone looked great! Maybe we can do it again next year. ^_^

Oh, I have some cosplay pics from Dragon*Con over in my journal (http://blackroseshiori.livejournal.com) if anyone is interested!

Tyrus
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Everyone. Had a lot of fun shooting at the meetup. I didn't get any of the first group, as I needed to run upstairs first and when I go back s few people had wandered off already. I know I saw an Ariel that wasn't there anymore :(

I did get plenty of pics after that when we moved over to the side by the pool entrance, and I'll be posting them up as soon as I can.

kelldar
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I finished digging through all of the Disney pics and got them up on flickr today :)

http://flickr.com/photos/kelldar/sets/72157601879678858/

childdoll
09-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Yay! I love how in some pictures the flash caught my bauble just right to make it look like it's really glowing ^.^

Tyrus
09-11-2007, 07:34 AM
I finally started uploading Dragon Con Pics. The Disney shoot can be found at
http://www.lostavalon.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=38

I tried to get photos of everyone, but unfortunately some people wandered off before I could snag a photo. Feel free to grab copies for your galleries here if you like. I'll also be uploading a larger photo of the whole group tonight as I accidentally uploaded a smaller copy. So check back or that.

Enjoy!

Kyouko_Takara
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
do y'all wanna do this again for 2008?! :3

OneWingedSeraph
07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Start a brand new topic! This is last years? My wife and I'll are gonna be Gaston and Belle. =) The villains shoot is Sunday, 1:00. What if we did it Sunday 1:30 or 2:00?

Kyouko_Takara
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
well gee, its not like I know. I figured the best way to start up the same thing for a con is to go to the same thing for last year.

I know about the villians shoot, and the final fantasy/KH shoot but I was wondering if there will be a Disney shoot as well.

Queen Anime 99
07-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Tabitha and One Winged Seraph, the "Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts photo shoot 2K8" is a photo shoot for Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts AND Disney cosplays. :D The Disney shoot might start at 2:30 PM.

For more info: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=137621

Kyouko_Takara
07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
ok that works for me. I wasn't sure if it was more separate or all together ^.^ Thanks Queenie!! :3