PDA

View Full Version : mikomicon cosplay gatherings

maggifan
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
hello everyone...
people who is planning to attend to mikomicon 2007...
what costume are you planning to wear for this con and when?
probably we can start making gatherings! ^^
:chatah:

Kingdom Hearts gathering

when:saturday sept.8
Time:2:00pm
where:the Stairs,In front of the theater

SakuraHime
08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Well... I'm going to be going as

Haruno, Sakura (Time Jump - Naruto: Shippuuden)
Rikku (Theif - FFX-2)
Hiragi, Kagami (Lucky Star)
Suzumiya, Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Ryuugu, Rena and Furude, Rika (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Karen (Mermaid Melody)

Kamasu XIII
08-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Cloud Strife from FFVII AC
Sora or Anti Sora from Kingdom Hearts II
Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ohtori Kagura
08-08-2007, 11:11 PM
My cosplays:

Sohma Kagura (Momoiro) ~ Fruits Basket Artbook
Sohma Kagura ~ Fruits Basket
Lacus Clyne ~ Gundam SEED
Opal Koboi ~ Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
Maria Robotnik ~ Shadow the Hedgehog
Princess Peach ~ Super Smash Brothers Deluxe
Takamashi Miyuki ~ Triangle Hearts <3

I'm pretty certain I'm doing a Fruits Basket cosplay with my friends. ^.^ So we'll hopefully have more. I know I have a Kyo, Tohru, Kureno, and yours truly, Kagura. XD

maggifan
08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I will be cosplaying like
syaoran(tsubasa chronicles)
ollete (kingdom hearts 2)
sakura(naruto shippuden)

sonicfan
08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
im going as pence from kingdom hearts 2

mlarad
08-10-2007, 05:01 PM
i will be cosplying like

vexen- KH RECOM
tomoyo- tsubasa chronicles
sakura- tsubasa chronicles

maggifan
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
how about a kingdom hearts gathering?
final fantasy characters are from KH too....

Mikomicon
08-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I wish that i could cosplay, but i'll be at the REG desk all day. Cosplayed last year and my costume kept getting in the way:(

If I could cosplay though, I would cosplay as a character from Wendy Pini's online comic, Masque of the Red Death.

She is coming to our con, I say her at AX originally. The artwork is beautiful, and the costumes are amazing. I'm not just saying that.

Think count of Monte Cristo without the weird colors..etc, and even more beautiful.

You can actually see the comic on the Go! Comi website.

Ohtori Kagura
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Whenever I think Monte Cristo, I think of Jaina Solo's beautiful Haydee. XD

Nin10do Nick
08-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm going as Nova from Bleach. Does anyone know of a good place at the MikomiCon for me to pose? I need to get some decent pictures!

Mikomicon
08-12-2007, 11:48 AM
There are so many places for photo ops. I could spend all day listing them. The KOI pond is really nice. :skidude2:

Mikomicon
08-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Another good location is the Library. You have to walk a little ways to get there, but the front steps make for a great picture.

maggifan
08-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm going as Nova from Bleach. Does anyone know of a good place at the MikomiCon for me to pose? I need to get some decent pictures!

NOVA! oh, thats really cool!
there are cool places to take pictures.
the bleach gathering last year was here..
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=892425
last year, the bleach gathering was really small.
we were about 4- 5 people hehehehe...

inuashley
08-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Well... I'm going to be going as

Haruno, Sakura (Time Jump - Naruto: Shippuuden)
Rikku (Theif - FFX-2)
Hiragi, Kagami (Lucky Star)
Suzumiya, Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Ryuugu, Rena and Furude, Rika (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Karen (Mermaid Melody)

When are you going as Rikku? I'm going as Paine to this con too XD

SakuraHime
08-14-2007, 03:04 AM
When are you going as Rikku? I'm going as Paine to this con too XD

lol. Most likely Saturday afternoon, Or possibly Friday afternoon. ^-^

inuashley
08-14-2007, 04:13 AM
lol. Most likely Saturday afternoon, Or possibly Friday afternoon. ^-^

Tell me when you're sure so I can snag a pic with you XD

MakimachiMotoko
08-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm comming as: Rin/Isuzu from fruits basket
Misao from Kenshin
Fuu from samurai Champloo (if I finnish it in time)
Maybe Rinali from D gray Man...

Escapism Aza
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, I'm going to cosplay as Matt from Death Note, if I go.

But I do have a question. this is Mikomicon's second year, right? (if I'm wrong, oh well) Did anybody go this year. Its it worth it to go? Just wondering.

MakimachiMotoko
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM

But I do have a question. this is Mikomicon's second year, right? (if I'm wrong, oh well) Did anybody go this year. Its it worth it to go? Just wondering.

Yeah, it's the second year~ i went... and had alot of fun. There wasn't alot of people, but there was alot to do- it was well organized, and homey, in a way. I wasn't scared to do an improv skit n the masquerade, even though it was my first time...

maggifan
08-15-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah its worth going, this con is super organize and there are a bunch of stuff to do! XD..
i was in the masquerade too...but i was super nervous....XD
i think this year i'll do better(i hope so) ~_~;

Mikomicon
08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Who is planning on entering the masquerade? The more the merrier:)

We have some really great prizes again this year. I am waiting to hear from Viz, am trying to get some of their purple death note bags for 2007.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you're planning on entering the Masq, you can register online.

ChellaBella
08-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Harley from Poke`mon :3 I have a thread that says I'm looking for some May and Drew cosplayers, but a big group of Poke`mon characters would be cool :3

Mikomicon
08-18-2007, 11:01 PM
You should enter our masquerade. We have some great prizes this year and would love to have you.

Just FYI, for anyone coming to LTAF this next weekend, the MikomiCon will be running the screening room and taking pre-reg at our con table.

We will also be giving away some fun prizes. Am thinking about giving away some plushies, haven't made up my mind yet:)

sakukodo
08-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Im going to attend as Neji for the entire time. I'm really looking forward to it

Mikomicon
08-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Im going to attend as Neji for the entire time. I'm really looking forward to it
are you going to be attending LTAF next weekend? You can pre-reg at that time and also sign up for the Masq if you are planning on entering.

Sonsko-chan
08-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Hur hur hur, MK FTW.
>.o I'm still not positive on my costumes, because my DN group is shaky at best. D:

Ohtori Kagura
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
XDDDDD *hugs Motoko-chan* I still gotta ask Robert about our Kagura/Rin shoot. XD Plus I've got myself a Kyo-kun too and a Kisa-chan. I think we're just doign some casuals and we'll do the kimonos for the New Year's Party. ^.^
I was gonna be Rinali for ALA. XDDDDD But anyway, for our para performance I'm gonna be Kagura just to pull off something fun. XD

Kyaa, I'll do a masquerade with Motoko-chan. ^.^ Shadow and Minako-chan can join too. But I have a question...my cosplay team and I are performing for the half time for the masquerade. Can we still be in the masquerade skit?

Mikomicon
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
XDDDDD *hugs Motoko-chan* I still gotta ask Robert about our Kagura/Rin shoot. XD Plus I've got myself a Kyo-kun too and a Kisa-chan. I think we're just doign some casuals and we'll do the kimonos for the New Year's Party. ^.^
I was gonna be Rinali for ALA. XDDDDD But anyway, for our para performance I'm gonna be Kagura just to pull off something fun. XD

Kyaa, I'll do a masquerade with Motoko-chan. ^.^ Shadow and Minako-chan can join too. But I have a question...my cosplay team and I are performing for the half time for the masquerade. Can we still be in the masquerade skit?

I don't see any problem with that. The performance and the masq skit are two separate things. Can you PM me? I needed to ask you a question, and have some info for you. Thanks.

Ohtori Kagura
08-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Awesome! ^.^ ~ Yay! Thankies! ^^

And to your PM, you can count on me! ^.^

MakimachiMotoko
08-20-2007, 10:29 PM

*hugs back*! YAY! I can't wait~! I can't wait for us Fruits Basket Folk to meet up~ And you and me's gonna be in the BEST SKIT EVER! XD LEt's start writing! (I think I have an idea!) I'll bring the school uniform, casual clothes, and hopefully finnish the Kimono in time~!

Sonsko-chan
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Hurhurhur -dork- Hullo Alexandra! 8D

maggifan
08-21-2007, 09:40 PM
how about the Kingdom hearts gathering
saturday sept.8 at 2:00pm
and
bleach gathering
saturday sept.8 at 4:00pm

what do you think? is it ok or is it too early or late?

Mikomicon
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I liked your AGMV. Are you planning on entering it our AGMV contest? There's still time to enter:)

maggifan
08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I liked your AGMV. Are you planning on entering it our AGMV contest? There's still time to enter:)

really?! oh cool....yeah I'll enter...

Mikomicon
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Great!

Here is a link to the info:

http://www.mikomicon.com/EventsAGMV.php

Ohtori Kagura
08-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Until when can we sign up for masquerade??

Mikomicon
08-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Until when can we sign up for masquerade??

I think that a timeline is posted on the site, but if you sign-up past the date, it would probably be fine. We are also going to be having Masq sign-ups at con.

The best place to ask this question is on the forums:)

Mikomicon
08-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi,
Just thought I would add that we just confirmed, Rick Epcar, bio too long to post..lol...has just been added as a GOH.

Here is just a small portion of his bio:

RICHARD EPCAR is well known to Anime fans, starting with the original ‘Robotech’ series- in which he played ‘Ben Dixon’, ‘Lunk’, ‘Gruel’, and now Capt. Vince Grant in the new original animated feature, ‘Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles’, which he also directed.

He is the voice of ‘Batou’ in the ‘Ghost in the Shell’ movie, the game, the series, ‘Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex’, ‘Solid State Society’ and ‘Ghost in the Shell 2-Innocence’, which he also adapted and directed into English.

He will be screening Ghost in the Shell 2, and hosting a panel of the making of it, after the screening. His screening is Friday at 5pm, for any interested con-goers.

Raynovac1
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Masq sign up are online.
http://www.mikomicon.com/EventMasqSignup.php

They will be up until our Masquerade Coordinator wants them taken down. I would guess they will be up until a day or 2 before con.

Wesley Hartman
MikomiCon Staff

inuashley
08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
how about the Kingdom hearts gathering
saturday sept.8 at 2:00pm
and
bleach gathering
saturday sept.8 at 4:00pm

what do you think? is it ok or is it too early or late?

Kingdom Hearts is go for me ^^ I'll be there as Deep Dive Riku unless I get my new Axel wig done by then. Where is the gathering going to take place? At the Koi Pond? That's a really good place for pictures.

Lil_Neko-Chan
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Most of my costumes are still up in the air right now.
All I know is that I will definitely be wearing my Major Mokoto cosplay most, if not all, of the con.

Hi,
Just thought I would add that we just confirmed, Rick Epcar, bio too long to post..lol...has just been added as a GOH.

Here is just a small portion of his bio:

RICHARD EPCAR is well known to Anime fans, starting with the original ‘Robotech’ series- in which he played ‘Ben Dixon’, ‘Lunk’, ‘Gruel’, and now Capt. Vince Grant in the new original animated feature, ‘Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles’, which he also directed.

He is the voice of ‘Batou’ in the ‘Ghost in the Shell’ movie, the game, the series, ‘Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex’, ‘Solid State Society’ and ‘Ghost in the Shell 2-Innocence’, which he also adapted and directed into English.

He will be screening Ghost in the Shell 2, and hosting a panel of the making of it, after the screening. His screening is Friday at 5pm, for any interested con-goers.

OMG!!!!! I SHALL ATTEND WITH LOVE!!!!!!

maggifan
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Kingdom Hearts is go for me ^^ I'll be there as Deep Dive Riku unless I get my new Axel wig done by then. Where is the gathering going to take place? At the Koi Pond? That's a really good place for pictures.

Last year the bleach gathering took place at the stairs in front of the theater. We got really good pictures from Asuma's Fire. I would prefer the kingdom hearts gathering to take place there.

call_me_canada
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll be coming along and was just wondering if there was still time to enter the AGMV contest. Oo You said there was on the 22nd but I'm just trying to double check ^^.
As far as I'm concerned I'll be attending and I know for sure that I will be wearing my new Kairi outfit from Kingdom Hearts 2 *gotta order my zippers xD*. Everything else is up in the air. I didn't get to work on any new cosplays cuz I was away on vacation though =(.

inuashley
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Last year the bleach gathering took place at the stairs in front of the theater. We got really good pictures from Asuma's Fire. I would prefer the kingdom hearts gathering to take place there.

Ok, that works too ^^ The theater is where the AMV's were showed last year, right? ^^;;

maggifan
08-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok, that works too ^^ The theater is where the AMV's were showed last year, right? ^^;;

:hafha:
I don't know where the AMV contest was showed last year since i only attended on saturday, but the theater is where the masquerade was showed last year...

Mikomicon
08-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I'll be coming along and was just wondering if there was still time to enter the AGMV contest. Oo You said there was on the 22nd but I'm just trying to double check ^^.
As far as I'm concerned I'll be attending and I know for sure that I will be wearing my new Kairi outfit from Kingdom Hearts 2 *gotta order my zippers xD*. Everything else is up in the air. I didn't get to work on any new cosplays cuz I was away on vacation though =(.

I'm sure that if you emailed the person handling the AGMV's that he would let you enter.

Just email agmv@mikomicon.com

Tenshiryuu
08-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I will definitely try to be there. If I can make it, I'll be Viral.

Mikomicon
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I will definitely try to be there. If I can make it, I'll be Viral.

Welcome, I will be the one at the cash register in the reg line, so be sure to say Hi!.

YukiEiri
08-28-2007, 12:45 AM
SinisterSeguchi will be going as Axel and I will be going as Roxas (Organization coat) from Kingdom Hearts II. :3

Mikomicon
08-28-2007, 08:01 AM
SinisterSeguchi will be going as Axel and I will be going as Roxas (Organization coat) from Kingdom Hearts II. :3

Love Kingdom Hearts, you should consider entering the Masq.

Luna-A-Lovegood
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I am going as;
Esther from Trinity Blood
Naruto from Shippudden
Probably my cat Fairy
and my Pirate. <3

CAN'TWAIT!

azure_afro
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Ya im going to go as Mathieu from Eureka Seven.Anyone who is looking for members in a group just Pm me.

Mikomicon
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Ya im going to go as Mathieu from Eureka Seven.Anyone who is looking for members in a group just Pm me.

Haven't seen anyone cosplay as Mathieu, am looking forward to seeing your cosplay:)

maggifan
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM

hurray! you guys are going!
hope to see you guys there.
what day are you going?

RosyAristocracy
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I'll be going as Deidara (Naruto) and either Demyx or PJ! Demyx (KH2), depending on whether I have my cloak done on time or not. (Unfortunately I won't have the sitar though D: )
I'll be at the KH gathering for sure! ^^

Mikomicon
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey,

Just found out that Cosplay.com will be coming to our con and filiming the Masquerade. I guess this is something new for them and we are their first con!

I am very excited, I just hope that we get alot of great entries for the Masq. Okay, I know that i've posted this before, but now everybody HAS to enter the Masq...lol

You will get to see yourself on Cosplay.com how cool is that!

DarkEnglishman
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
umm lol im going as Micheal Myers most likely from Halloween if i can get the mask so it will be diffrent then doing anime cosplay which i sometimes do ^ ^.

Maguma
09-01-2007, 04:47 AM
any DBZ or One Piece Gatherings going down?

DarkEnglishman
09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Never mind dressing as Dr.Crane aka Scarecrow from Batman Begins ^ ^

Mikomicon
09-01-2007, 10:33 PM
looking forward to seeing you cosplay as the Scarecrow. Sounds like it will be a really cool cosplay.

DarkEnglishman
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks looking forward to friday, speaking of which it would be cool to do a gathering for movie comic characters ^ ^

Mikomicon
09-04-2007, 12:57 AM
3 days until con! I hope that everyone has their cosplay ready:) I will be the old lady at the Reg Desk. LOL...Be sure to say Hi!

Muze
09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I'll be down there with my camera, shoot me a PM if you want to do a private photoshoot.

YukiEiri
09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Love Kingdom Hearts, you should consider entering the Masq.

Maybe we will. :3 Hopefully we could think of a skit within the next...two days. xD

maggifan
09-05-2007, 10:16 PM
hey guys this is for everybody who is cosplaying for mikomicon....
Do you guys want to make another gathering?
since we are really close to the date.....

Mikomicon
09-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi All,
Just wanted to remind everyone that at-con reg begins tomorrow at 12pm. You can also pick-up your badge. The registration area is located directly off of the Plaza Del Sol, in the USU portion of the CSUN campus.

Here is a link for directions to CSUN

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+18111+Nordhoff+St,+Northridge,+CA&sll=34.237599,-118.529348&sspn=0.008373,0.014462&ie=UTF8&ll=34.235524,-118.527567&spn=0.008373,0.014462&z=16&om=1

For a detailed campus map click on the link below

http://www.csun.edu/maps/cm1.html

Well, that's it for now. I hope to see you all this weekend!

DarkEnglishman
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
For 2008 I'll be going as The Master from Season 3 of Doctor Who (2007) I was wondering if there was anyone else cosplaying as a Doctor Who or Torchwood character if not I will still enter the Masqurade :)

MakimachiMotoko
07-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm going to cosplay either a few or all of these:
Misha from Pita-ten, art Book
Lolita Lapras,
Misao from Rurouni Kenshin,
Ritona Yoko from Gurren Laggan
and maybe Mahiro from Busou Renkin

otakusenshiange
08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
oh,yay! Mikomicon was a favorite con last year. i hope to see you all again!