PDA

View Full Version : Ack the Masqurade!

Mako-san
05-10-2003, 03:27 PM
So I was reading the "rules" to the cosplay contest.... cause Kas, Robi-chan, her husband(AnAutobot) and I are gonna do a skit.. Well reading the rules, it says that everyone will get 90 seconds to perform, thats only a 1:30. no matter how many people are in your group :(
That is so bad, how can they do that???
Did anyone else know this??

Lovelyangel_81
05-10-2003, 07:08 PM
I believe it was always like that. I remember I did the masqurade two years ago, in was 90 seconds that the contestants have to do them the skits.

liz-maru
05-10-2003, 07:31 PM
yeah >< it was like that two years ago and we were like woah ok -_____-o yeah that is kinda silly but i guess they have so many people tho and they think it will take too long or sumfin.

Yuna Kitty
05-13-2003, 12:58 PM
At the first year of Animazement they had no time limit...and the Masquerade went on for about 5 hours...so, as they do have a lot of people entering, they try to keep it down to a nice 2 to 3 hours by placing a time limit on entries.

It's better than Otakon -- 60 seconds for an individual, 90 for a group.

They also limit it to 50 entries, but a few over I think they allow.

evaneko
05-13-2003, 05:01 PM
i knew about that- and i have to say, unless the skit was REAAALLLLYYYY good- my attention span just would not last through a whole skit much longer than that... and i think they are just trying to make sure the event doesnt take too long since, like other people have already said, many people enter. ^^

Ranma Saotome
05-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Listen... This what they have been doing for the longest...

90 seconds straight off the back, then you got 30 seconds for each extra person over 3.

I have 6 to 7 people in my skit and 1:30 is plenty. ^_^