PDA

View Full Version : [Locations, please] Fabric Stores near Fairfax County

Raenef
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I recently moved from Philadelphia to here... and I was wondering...

...are there any cheap fabric warehouses around here?

Back in Philly, there was this place called "Jomar" where there would be a huge room of nice (discontinued?) fabric being sold for $1-$3/yard. (They did have more expensive fabrics as well, but I try to stay under $5/yard... and other stuff like discontinued clothes like Marshall's or T.J.Maxx.)

I'm pretty sure there are no "Jomar" here, but just wondering if there was a similar store?

NiceGai44
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Where exactly in VA are you? I may be able to help.

Lumasnati
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
If you're close to Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, Stafford or the surrounding areas or close to Manassas....

You have a few to choose from. Hancock fabrics has/is going out of business and are rare to find. The one in Woodbridge closed. There is, however:

G-Street Fabrics~~

They're okay. The staff there is okay. [beware man-lady. XD] They have a LARGE and very expansive selection to look through... but they can run a little more expensive. There is also a G-Street in Fairfax/Chantilly nearby Chantilly High School.

Jo-Annes:

They're EVERYWHERE. XD There is one here in Woodbridge in Smoketown shopping center. I don't know where there is one in Stafford, but it is probably off 610 [Garrisonville Rd] or the Central Park area in Fredericksburg [Which is about 30 miles south of Woodbridge and 50 miles of DC]

Wal-Mart:

You and I both know they're everywhere. OO; You can't move and not find one. XD

LaPetiteSalope
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
er, I guess Falls church is close to Fairfax (considering how Fairfax is a huge county)?

I always go to the JoAnns at Seven Corners off route 50...

Bethii-chan
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
There's also a Joann's in Burke at Rolling Valley Mall/Center/place (which is the one I go to), and there's another Joann's in Centerville off of 28 and 29, but it's a lil' small. There's also a G-Street Fabrics in Sully Station in Chantilly (off of 28)!

MaryRyanBogard
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Here are all the ones I know about (though I had to consult Yahoo Yellow Pages to get the exact locations):

A Hancock Fabrics on 9650 Main St in Fairfax
This place called "The Quilt Patch" on 10381 Main St in Fairfax (though I doubt they have much, if anything, in the way of cosplay-type fabrics, never been inside so I wouldn't know)
A Joann's in Burke (9232 Old Keene Mill Rd)
A place called "New York Fabric" in Springfield (6562 Backlick Rd)

Ironekilz
08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I can't think of anything similar to what you're talking about in this area, but to continue the trend of listing fabric stores. There's a G-Street in Potomac Mills mall. There's also a Hancock Fabrics in Manassas Park and a JoAnn's (I think it's a JoAnn's) in Vienna.

Bagu
08-09-2007, 03:12 PM
These are all great choices, JoAnns and Hancock's being the best because of the number of stores in the area.

Welcome to our neck of the woods :) I remember your Toshiya Myaku outfit from last year at Ota.

Bethii-chan
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
A Hancock Fabrics on 9650 Main St in Fairfax

Just a quick note, this Hancock Fabrics is closed (I'm assuming this is the one in Fair City Mall?). It's been closed since 2002. T_T There is an AC Moore in this shopping center though :D

Raenef
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the locations everyone. ^__^ Hmm... so no warehouses... And Walmart here still sells fabric? hmm... *must plan a "road trip" of sorts to fabrics*

MaryRyanBogard
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Just a quick note, this Hancock Fabrics is closed (I'm assuming this is the one in Fair City Mall?). It's been closed since 2002. T_T There is an AC Moore in this shopping center though :D

I live near the Fair City Mall (as in, walking distance), and not knowing the exact addresses of anything thought the listing that came up on Yahoo Yellow Pages might've been somewhere else. Obviously they seriously need to update. :rolleyes:

In addition to the AC Moore (which doesn't sell fabric but covers most other cosplay needs like Sculpey, Fun Foam, fabric paint, RIT dye, and such), there is this place called "Mill's End" in the Fair City Mall. I've only seen it from the outside but it appears to be an upholstery/drapery kind of place.

Ataru Moroboshi
08-24-2007, 06:29 AM
If you go to JoAnns just be sure that your do not have a medical emergency where you need to use the bathroom.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/customer-service/jo+ann-fabrics-refuses-to-let-customer-use-bathroom-even-as-she-suffers-diarrhea-right-in-front-of-them-274441.php

elanems
08-25-2007, 06:07 PM
If you're close to McLean/Langley/Vienna area...
There's a JoAnn and G-Street fabrics at Seven Corners Center. I love how they're in the same shopping center, plus there's also a Michaels :D So it's my one-stop craft-spree location, haha.