PDA

View Full Version : Were is dragon con?

amazingfly
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I cant find an address on there site, the one that is sticked doesnt seem to give me an point on google maps so.. does anyone know the street address?

Thanks in advance

vampirate
08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
The addresses for the three host hotels and other location information is listed here: http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_location.php

amazingfly
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
does that mean the convention is in all three hotels?

vampirate
08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, D*Con is a large con and is spread out across the three hotels. 24 hour programming, main events, and bands are in the Hyatt. Exhibitors room, dealers room, and comic artist alley will be in the Hilton. Gaming and the walk of fame will be in the Marriott. I'm imagining that panels/tracks will be spread out across the three. And I'm not sure which one registration will be in this year.

The Kraken
08-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Ha ha! Dude. You have NO idea what's in store for you...

amazingfly
08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
sweet I cant wait. I have a comic book nerd coming. Do they sell alot of non manga comics? I so cant wait.

vampirate
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I would say comics, games, and other non-Japanese things vastly outnumber the amount of anime/manga there.

The Kraken
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah. Anime/manga is probably the least represented thing at Dragon*Con. It's by and large a sci-fi/fantasy con. There is some Japanese stuff though.

Oh, and tell your comic nerd friend to come by during the Marvel vs. DC photo shoot. There should be some pretty kick ass superhero/supervillain costumes there. Your friend would probably get a kick out of it.

amazingfly
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Yea really? LOL I dont go to panels or anything like that at anime cons usually so no matter there. I go for the people and the crazy wierdness. oh and raves, Does dragon con have raves? I went to hero con with my comic book nerd(hes my brother) all he did was look through tons of comics, he didnt even talk to people, It was rather lame... So i figure I can bring him to some real fun!

vampirate
08-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Try Dragon*Con has concerts every night, and panels and guests that are actually interesting. Have you been to the D*Con website yet? You'd really learn a lot about the con just poking around there.

The Kraken
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
There are raves and stuff. And if you like the costumes and the general weirdness... well... this is the damn Superbowl of costumed weirdness. I don't go to panels or anything either. I just go to hang out and have fun and drink. This is THE con for that kinda stuff.

Ragresen
08-09-2007, 10:57 PM
The only con I could say has better costuming is Costume con. But as all else have said Dragon has it all.

amazingfly
08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea I read most of whats on the site, I just wanted some more first hand info ya'know? Thanks BTW

DalaiLiam
08-15-2007, 08:32 AM
I dunno.. I would have to say anime track is larger than science track. Even if only slightly. Anime has however been growling in leaps and bounds over the past few years though, and with the Momocon director taking over anime track I only see it growing more.

I would have to say that anime/Video Game fans will probably be getting close to 1/6th of the total crowd this year.