PDA

View Full Version : Bay Con

Cat Scratch
08-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Does any one here go to Bay Con? I do and I was wondering if I'm the only person on this sight who does. I feel lonely:(

ZiggyB
09-01-2002, 01:44 AM
Yes I've been going to BayCon for a while now. I'm pre-registered for next year as well. :)

I have pictures from the last time I was there.

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002-BayCon/

Oh hey, I remember you as Carmila. (I just read your intro post) That was a fantastic costume. :D

I've seen a couple of other Carmila costumes are various other cons, and I have to say yours is still the best I've seen. :D

I have to say, I don't remember if this was BayCon or Fanime, but I saw you playing cards with your wig off and that freaked me out more then the costume. :>

Cat Scratch
09-03-2002, 10:51 PM
Thank you for the compliment. I like the other versions people have done of Carmila. It's neat to see how many ways people can come up with to do the same costume. Personaly I was going for a more Period look. I thought to myself, "If I was costuming a live-action version of this with a historical feel how would I go about it?" I came up with a combination of Marie Antonet(sp?), Queen Elizabeth, and Elizabet Bathory. And the desighn from the movie of course. The Fabric choice was tough but I figured it out. And it's what I think I'm the proudest of. The gold fabric is actually a 1970's curtain:D Well, sorry for scaring you by not wearing my hat. That was at Baycon by the way. Once more thanks and I'll see you at Fanime if not sooner.

ZiggyB
09-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Maybe that's why I think you're version stands out in my mind more. It's a little more "realistic" then compared to what other people have done. I dunno. It's hard to explain. :)

Eek, the comment about the wig didn't come out right. I ment to say I sort of got used to you in full costume, and seeing you being half normal confused my fragile little mind. :>

Well I'll definaly be there for Fanime and BayCon again. I'm already pre-registered for both. I'll be hitting Ani-Magic in October as well.

Michi
09-09-2002, 09:22 AM
Durr BayCon? It's local and I'm interested. O_O

ZiggyB
09-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Hehe, it's quite a lot of fun actually. The URL is:

http://www.baycon.org

It's more of a general Sci-Fi convention though they do have anime showings and cosplaying. But you also tend to see lots of star wars and there's always a gaggle of Klingons roaming around.

The panels are rather weird as well. There was a bellydancing panel as well as a *ton* of costuming panels. One of the cooler ones I went to last year was how to make a stone mold of your face and then using that mold to make latex masks that fit perfectly on your face. Check out the previous year links on the site and you can see the whole schedule and the theme of the con. It also tends to be geared more towards adults. One costuming panel was something like "When is it a costume or just fetish wear?" :)

Cat Scratch
09-11-2002, 12:12 AM
It started out as a literary convention and still has a strong book influence. So if you have a favorite book and want to do a costume for it this is where to wear it. It's also not just scifi it leans to fantacy a lot as well. What ever it is it's loads of fun and has quite few interesting pannels and people:)

Michi
09-11-2002, 05:48 AM
I've liked sci fi and fantasy far longer than anime. :P And more even. So I'm quite interested. I'll have to try and check it out, methinks.

Kenshin Ken
09-13-2002, 12:21 AM
Bay-con eh? ^^ if it's reachable by BART, I'll be interisted to go ^^v.

Fantasy and Scifi eh? ^_^ I got a friend that mightbe able to go.. and he's a HEAVY sci-fi lover.. ( that and hes' gt props..costumes..etc) he's also a WW2 Natzi fan ^^;;; hmm....

Cat Scratch
09-13-2002, 09:40 PM
I believe it is reachable by BART. It's at the Double Tree Inn if that helps any and usualy occures around Memorial Day weekend. WW2, huh? I've seen some pretty cool historical costumes at BayCon so your friend will fit right in. As I've said it's a very literature rich convention so as far as costumes and interests are concerned it's pretty much an anything goes kind of con. Well, almost anything. You can't go nude;) visit the web sight and then go to the con. You won't be disapointed.