PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Sold Out Concerns

BART Boy
08-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I've been told by a fellow cosplay buddy that the con-rate rooms as well as several regular reservations rooms with the exception of two types remaining is sold out for the weekend of Yaoi-Con.

I'm aware that you do have to contact Craig to gain access to the convention rates but I was told that the rooms that you can reserve through him are overflowed.

The only avaliable reservations avaliable at this time are

Concierge Level - $239
Concierge Level Suite - $269

At this time as far as I'm aware there is no other alternative hotel/motel within walking distance for this convention. I will keep everybody posted if I do spot a hotel/motel within walking distance but I can't make any gurantees.

Thank you. =)

- Bart

KittyCatChi
08-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Backing up Bart boy here... i'm one of the few who was unaware the hotels would be filled up this soon. I called and they don't do waiting lists so if you still haven't booked try calling every week or so to see if someone canceled...if possible it'd be nice if people who are canceling let us know ;_; i'm almost willing to get a 239 room but even with 10 people that'd be 50 bucks -__-

Shinsengumi
08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Good thing me and my sister got our room in advance. thanks for letting us know Bart Boy.

Leishu
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
They filled up so quickly this year... :/

The only thing I can really suggest is to check on the Y-con forums. People post fairly often with room openings and looking for rooms.

Good luck!

KittyCatChi
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
They filled up so quickly this year... :/

The only thing I can really suggest is to check on the Y-con forums. People post fairly often with room openings and looking for rooms.

Good luck!

awesome, thank you i'll check that out ^.^

Leishu
08-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Holy cow, by the way.

In more recent development, it seems that the entire hotel is booked. Not just the con block. Every single room. Wow. o_O

KittyCatChi
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Holy cow, by the way.

In more recent development, it seems that the entire hotel is booked. Not just the con block. Every single room. Wow. o_O

Yeah that's what we had found out, and there are rooms available but it's those crazy expensive $239+ a night rooms @_@ This is making me wonder if there's another event going on the same time as Yaoi-con O.o

Leishu
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Apparently, as of the 15th, even those rooms that Bart Boy mentioned are taken. :p

It looks like there is a silver lining, though. Y-con staff is working on an overflow hotel at possible con-rate with shuttle service. :D

Eurobeat King
08-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Holy cow, by the way.

Do you know (or possibly inquire) what other event(s) are going on that weekend at the hotel? It could be another convention (business), a wedding, or some other event. Hopefully that won't cause a problem like last-year where Yaoi-con happened during a business conference AND a wedding on the same day. :thumbsup:

Leishu
08-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I'll double check with the boss, King, but I'm actually fairly certain that we're the only event there. We have literally every singly meeting room in the place booked, far as I know, for the entire weekend. *shrug* More news forthcoming in that vein when it gets time for the Boss to wake up. ;]

BART Boy
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
"PDATE: We've just been informed by the hotel that the Marriott is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. We are working on obtaining an overflow hotel (with possible shuttle service to the Marriott) and will post information as soon as it's available."

- Y-Con Website.

So it looks like a shuttle service will be provided, that will be very interesting to see, I don't ever recall any con having a shuttle of any type! ^^

I managed to do some spotting around town and I found only one particular hotel/motel that is partially within walking distance. This would be the Howard Johnson Express Inn located at 2110 South El Camino Real off of Highway 92 and exited at El Camino Real (82) Southbound. The estimated walking distance is 1.29 Miles. I'll be happy to draw out the fastest walking map that will be the shortest and quickest way to get to the convention hotel.

Those of you who do drive to the convention but will not park in the hotel parking please be aware that if you park in the shopping area parking lot, your car WILL be ticketed. San Mateo Police strongly enforces the parking limits and they will check your cars. Its a safe bet to park in the residential parking block, which is located on Grant St, just before you go forward to the hotel, so you safe bet is to park there.

Hope this helps out a little bit. =)

Leishu
08-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Woop! Also: We're definitely the only event! This is singly awesome because, for the first time in Y-con history, we have the BIG ballroom (fits 700 seated) on Friday night. :D

Apsara
08-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Found a couple of other hotels:

Courtyard...something or other. My computer is frozen as I'm writing this. Sorry.
550 Shell BLVD
Foster City, CA 94404
650-377-0600
3.2 miles. About 6 mins if driving from here to the Marriot.

Residence Inn
2000 Winward Way
San Mateo, CA 94404
650-574-4700
1.7 miles. About 5 minutes when driving

Yukari Kaiba
08-26-2007, 02:28 AM
what are the rates for those hotels?

Leishu
08-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Another update here, it seems that there are a couple threads recently opened on the Y-con forums with people looking for roommates, as well. I'd shack you folks up myself, if I weren't already having 7 people in my room. >_>

Mr. Wendell
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Hooray for the gameroom staff having a room to sleep in!

But wait a minute... isn't the BIG ballroom just Ballrooms A and B without the middle wall? There have been concerns that it still won't be enough to hold all the people who might want to see the masquerade and auction...

Leishu
09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Hooray for the gameroom staff having a room to sleep in!

But wait a minute... isn't the BIG ballroom just Ballrooms A and B without the middle wall? There have been concerns that it still won't be enough to hold all the people who might want to see the masquerade and auction...

It's a lot bigger than it looks. Packed, it seats around seven hundred. (That's around two hundred more than the old auction room sat) plus there are no annoying pillars in the way. :]

DragonKeeper
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
NOW its booked? I was told it was booked a couple of months ago. At least for the hotel that the con is being held at. When I heard this I HAD to check the sources to make sure it was correct cuz my thought was "crap, where am i going to book?"

When I looked online for hotel rates, there were two rooms left for the days i needed, mainly for the entire weekend, coming in on friday and leaving on monday so i guess i got lucky.

but since i got a new job, i still might be able to go.

Here's a heads up for EVERYBODY WHO NEEDS A ROOM!

I'm going to give my hotel room information just in case I have to cancel at the last minute because I'm still not sure if I'm able to go. But I won't cancel until the day before con if i have to, otherwise i get charged with a cancelation fee of 269....damn bastards. anyway...

Room Size: It's big enough for either 2 queen beds, or one king size bed. And I'm hoping to fit 5-8 people in there.

Room Rate:

October 26, 2007
WEEKEND RATE: 149.00 per night.

October 28, 2007
REGULAR RATE: 239.00 per night.

Since I'm staying the entire weekend, the total cost for me was just about 450. Just to give you an idea.

So in a nutshell, just in case I have to cancel, check the hotel the day before con starts either in morning, afternoon or evening cuz it depends on when i wake up lol.

Edit: of course if I cancel before hand I'll be sure to let you guys know.