PDA

View Full Version : Feathers for wings

Space Invader
05-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok, I need HUGE feathers for a pair of wings i'm making for A-Kon... they need to be stark white, broad across, and... err... about 8 inches or so in length. I tried looking for some similar at rainbowfeatherco.com, but they have nothing like what I need. I KNOW I've seen feathers like these before, I just can't find them when I finally need them ;_;. Help? Please? Anyone know where I can get some?

Oh, and yes, I know I can trim the feathers to the right shape. :P

P.S. - See attachment for a pic of the costume.

Angel Kat III
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
ok I don't remember the name of the company but I can call my friend tomorrow and ask her to ask her brother the name. But I do know the company is in washington and they have right and left feathers that are huge.
~Angel kat III

*Jibrielle*
05-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Well you can try this place

http://www.featherplace.com/ic/fp/areafly?mv_session_id=v8DfwjfI&mv_pc=5&nav_area=3

hope it helps! :angel:

Pendrell
05-13-2003, 12:12 AM
AHH!
Sorry to barge in, but that is THE best feather-orderin' site ever! ^^ *pounces Jibrielle* I've been looking for some decently-priced quarter-pound feathers for months now. ;_; And this site totally has the greatest selection... *sob* Thank you so very much for posting it, Jibrielle! :heart: XD

ChicoChan
05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
When I made my yuna wedding dress...i went to the costume shop a bought a pair of those crappy angel wings....then I just ripped all the feathers off of that....if you do it carfully none of the feathers get ruined cause they are just glued on cardbored and they are NICE and long....
works VERY well ^_^

Koumori
05-13-2003, 09:57 AM
I highly recommend Rainbow Feather in Vegas - they are some of the most helpful people I've ever talked to. They can help you find just what you need, and their customer service is fantastic.

http://www.rainbowfeatherco.com

*Jibrielle*
05-13-2003, 03:58 PM
awww:heart: your welcome Pendrell!!!!!!! :dance:
:angel:

Space Invader
05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
I saw the ones I need but they're $166 per pound.... ;_______;

I wish I had that kind of money to blow on cosplay. Really.

SynVanSiWes
05-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Look for turkey feathers. Those are very broad and long. You can find them bleached to white. I used them for the tertiaries (i.e. the feathers closer to the body.) You can see them in this pic of my wings.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=39532&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

And if you want them pointier just trim them with scissors till they're the shape you want. It's really easy. I had to trim mine because of damage done at a con.

These wings are small, just hand held size. But I had to cut down the feathers in question, so you shouldn't have a probem getting them long enough. Oh and I just bought them at a craft store and payed $1.99 per package of 4. I don't know if that'll help any. Good luck.

Space Invader
05-14-2003, 10:54 PM
>Oh and I just bought them at a craft store and payed $1.99 per package of 4.

I was actually looking at those... I would need 3 packs, and then the smaller feathers that look identical for the filler work. Thanks!

VashzMynBackOff
05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
those wings that you need dont need any feathers. using feathers will only make them look more different.

VashzMynBackOff
05-15-2003, 10:09 PM
oh, yeah. i forgot to say, if you stuffed them they'd look A LOT better.

Space Invader
05-15-2003, 10:38 PM
>oh, yeah. i forgot to say, if you stuffed them they'd look A LOT better.

Nah. Stuffed wings look weird. Maybe if I was doing Sakura or something, but not Marron.

makonurikoryoko
05-16-2003, 01:43 PM
XD yay I love that costume!!! I was thinkin of doing that one one day hehe

<~~~ obviously loves Maron

Space Invader
05-16-2003, 05:04 PM
><~~~ obviously loves Maron

XD

I'll have to show you some pics from A-Kon then ^_^.