PDA

View Full Version : How is your costume coming along?

Kino017
08-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Though it is early, I was wondering how everyone's costumes are coming along? Anyone having some trouble, or is everything going according to plan?

cryo prime
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM
well i am making escaflowne. thus far i havent done much but i have assembled most of the minor things i need. all i need now is a set of football shoulder pads and wonderflex.

Fenix42
08-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it!

As for me, I'm not having any issues yet. I've got all the patterns I need just not all the fabric. I did manage to find an obi the exact color I need for Fuu at Ragstock. :)

Kino017
08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it!

As for me, I'm not having any issues yet. I've got all the patterns I need just not all the fabric. I did manage to find an obi the exact color I need for Fuu at Ragstock. :)

Is Ragstock a fabric store? Where is it located?

Kino017
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
well i am making escaflowne. thus far i havent done much but i have assembled most of the minor things i need. all i need now is a set of football shoulder pads and wonderflex.

Your also going to be Chouji again, correct?

cryo prime
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Your also going to be Chouji again, correct?

of course, i need to fix a few things but he shall return:bigtu:

Fenix42
08-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Is Ragstock a fabric store? Where is it located?

Ragstock is a clothing store. It also has vintage kimono, haori, obi, etc.
The one I went to is in the Mall of America...3rd floor, I think.

Kino017
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow, I didn't know Mall of America had a store like that...awesome!

ThiefKing87
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
AD08 being my first con, my costume is really simple. I'm going as L from Death Note. I'm pretty much buying the outfit from Wal-Mart and if it needs alterations (highly doubt it), I'll do so. I have the jeans, I just need to find a decent shirt. All the ones in the girls' sections of stores are always too short. My hair...I'll cut and dye it. I hate wigs. They itch.

kereneko
08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Im being Agito from Air Gear.

I currently have a pattern.. and thats it.

id get fabric now.. but my friend is going as Akito with me doesnt have the money for the fabric at the moment.. and I really want to get it soon! i want to work on it T_T

Halo
08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
oh god...i haven't even started yet.......

Singe
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
I have all the fabric for both of the Dir en Grey costumes I've been planning to make, but haven't had much time to work on either. I think I'm going to get a different pattern for the Drain Away Kaoru coat since the one I have will require enough modifications that I might as well make my own pattern. I also discovered that the upper part of my Myaku Shinya will have to be redoen entirely since it is several inches shorter than where I want it to be.

Frog_King
09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I was going to go as Kenshin. It would have been my first cosplay (so I probably would have bought it) but I discovered I'm going to New Zealand and Australia next summer and I have to help pay for it. I'm going to keep $30 out so I can still go with my friends. I just won't be able to cosplay or buy anything. That's okay because the trip looks very good on college applications and anime detour is every year.

Fenix42
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
True. At least you can still go. :)

Frog_King
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Very true.

Summoner-Yuna
09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I wont be able to spend a lot of money for upcoming AD. I also have to help pay for something. (I wish I was going to New Zealand, but I'm not) I have to pay for a car.

Frog_King
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
But there's always next time. And it's always fun to go even if you can't buy anything.

Bugger
09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I'll be going as Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club. I might possibly bring my store-bought-and-altered L (Death Note) cosplay, too. I've got to remember to trim my hair and dye it back to black. Purple is a nice color, but I think it would be a little out of place on L and Kyouya. ^_^;;

As for how the costume is coming....I've got nothing. I know where to buy a nice cheap blue blazer, but...at the moment, I haven't the money. Well, wait...I do have some shoes that would work...and a binder that I can carry around...so.....maybe 10% done. Yep, 10%.

First convention, second time cosplaying. Can't wait to see everyone. ^^ Toodles!

Fenix42
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Wig's mostly done for Chrono (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1239033), the top is done for Kenshin, and I have 3 clouds on my Akatsuki cloak (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1258479). The legwarmers, sandals and headband (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1223283) are done as well. Haven't really started on Fuu yet.

iLoveRoxas
09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Fenix84, all your stuff looks really great! (...i made my own naruto headband once...out of cardboard and aluminum foil...XD)

well, i started my deep dive riku costume in june...(so it sucks coz all my friends haven't really done anything on their costumes...)

the coat is done, i have a blindfold (which isn't really finished >.<) i have a wig, which is cut to the right length but still needs to have bangs and layers and everything, and i also need to help my dad with oblivion...
i couldn't find black leather gloves during the summer, of course
but i do have these boots i got at a thrift store for $4 ^.^

soo...about 40% done...

kereneko
09-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I am the happiest person right now!

My aunt went out and bought me and my friend our fabric! So Im gonna start working on them as soon as I can get over to Her house to pick up the fabric!

Summoner-Yuna
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I just spent $240 on fabric and pattern for my Memoirs of a Geisha costume. I 'll most likely spend an extra $50 for shoes, hair things, make-up, etc.

I just bought something for my Yuna earring. I need to buy some more fabric for the rest of the gunner costume.

I still haven't bought anything for my Shigure costume. Except I already have the Shigure Dog Plushie (bought at AD last year.)

Does anyone know a good way to make comfortable shoes that I would use for my Shigure and Sayuri costumes. Or I could ask my grandpa if I could use his Japanese shoes he got when he was over there during World War II.

Summoner-Yuna
09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Fenix84 do you have a myspace? Cause I think you are in the Anime Detour Group.

Fenix42
09-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Yep, I'm the only Fenix in the group that I know of. :)

I'm going fabric shopping later today. I did some shopping yesterday at Hancock Fabrics, and I found the right color red for Chrno in twill. Sad thing is, there was barely 3 yards on the bolt. :(

@iLoveRoxas: Thanks! :D

Summoner-Yuna
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Cool, I am the moderator. Small world. But it's just getting smaller.

I noticed that whenever I go fabric shopping. They either have:

a.) Hardly any left and it's a great price and perfect too.

or

b.) Expensive price and a lot of it.And somewhat decent perfect like

It is never both or a lot of it and cheat and perfect.

zipperhead535
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
My costume are on hold X( since im making so many for my friends(but am being paid very well!)

I am stuck on my own Howl cosplay! I have no idea where to even begin on his Diamond jacket!!!

Jen-neko
09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
The closest I've made to progress on anything has been ordering my wig for Sir Integra x_x Though I did get it for really cheap (yay Cosplay.com wig sale!)

I've still got a lot to do, but I guess I still have time to do it. Right now I wanna focus on trying to get a hotel room and get registration sent in...

Fenix42
09-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Cool, I am the moderator. Small world. But it's just getting smaller.

I noticed that whenever I go fabric shopping. They either have:

a.) Hardly any left and it's a great price and perfect too.

or

b.) Expensive price and a lot of it.And somewhat decent perfect like

It is never both or a lot of it and cheat and perfect.

Cool! :)

Yeah, it never fails. I did manage to find some fabric at JoAnn's the right color (I think it's linen...). Made the basic coat for Chrno in a couple hours, but now the fun begins...

Kinda wish I could have taken advantage of the Cosworx sale, but I'm in between jobs so I don't want to use my credit card unless I need to. And yet I go out and buy $25 worth of fabric, lol.

Summoner-Yuna
09-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't have to spend any money on wigs. (yeah) I cut my hair short. (Shigure like) but I cut it in layers. I made my hair look like X-2 Yuna. (Gunner) By pulling my bottom layers back and in a pony. (Pony will hold up red hair tail and will be hidden by the hood) and then I flipped the top layers out like hers. (Illusion) I can't even tell. Because my top layers go past the start of my bottom layers. Then it's long enough to fit in a high pony/bun so I can pull of my Geisha look.

Also my wigs never stay in there shape no matter where ever I put them. I have three cats so they always manage to get everywhere. One of them got stuck between the upper level floor and the lower level ceiling. (split level home) My father was real angry.

Fenix42
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
My hair is thin, so it's difficult to do some of those crazy hairstyles and colors (like from my list, Byakuya and Chrono). Besides, that way I don't have to worry about growing out my hair if I want to replay a costume.

I bet he was. I can understand about the cats. My parents have 5 at home. 0_o That's why I work on costumes at college :)

zipperhead535
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
My hair is thin, so it's difficult to do some of those crazy hairstyles and colors (like from my list, Byakuya and Chrono). Besides, that way I don't have to worry about growing out my hair if I want to replay a costume.

I bet he was. I can understand about the cats. My parents have 5 at home. 0_o That's why I work on costumes at college :)

*sigh* My hair is so thin, my body is always sick and I am stressed. My only option is to go with extensions or wigs for hair XD - also I have a lovely scar on my hairline that odly parts my hair XD

Summoner-Yuna
09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow! 5 cats. I had a total of five cats in my house once. Mad zoo. I only and still have three. There were two cats that I found in my garage. I kept them until there owner came and got them.(Three months!) She told me the gardener accidently let them out. I called them Bowtie and Stars (I miss them) Along with my 3 cats I have 2 dogs. ( Siberian Husky and Malimute-mix)

I have really thick hair.( I don't like it) I don't have any scars on my face, but I do on my arms and my hands. ( fighting with trees and falling through windows.) (My favorite pastimes. lol Jk.)

kAIRI x l0VE
09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Haha, sorry to intrude, but I have a really random question to ask all ya'lls.

If a friend of mine and I cosplayed "Shelke" and "Rosso" from Dirge of Cerberus, would any of you know who we are? xD
We've been discussing it on the phone for the better part of an hour, and we need to start now if we have a hope of finishing before March.
( How sad is that?! =P )

Thankies <3<3<3

zipperhead535
09-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Haha, sorry to intrude, but I have a really random question to ask all ya'lls.

If a friend of mine and I cosplayed "Shelke" and "Rosso" from Dirge of Cerberus, would any of you know who we are? xD
We've been discussing it on the phone for the better part of an hour, and we need to start now if we have a hope of finishing before March.
( How sad is that?! =P )

Thankies <3<3<3

I WOULD!!! I actually have a Vincent in my group for AD - watch out this Aeris is Anti VinxShelke. I won't let any cosplayer who is not a: Aeris or Lucrecia do any lovey-dovey pics. >:| I've already lost one boyfriend to a girl at a con, I dont want to loose another guy I really like to a girl at a con!

*Is anti-Tifa* wow Im still mad about it.

Fenix42
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
It's not that bad. I mean, I started working on costumes in April. ^_^''' I personally wouldn't know who you are, but that's only because I've never played the game.

Wow! 5 cats. I had a total of five cats in my house once. Mad zoo. I only and still have three. There were two cats that I found in my garage. I kept them until there owner came and got them.(Three months!) She told me the gardener accidently let them out. I called them Bowtie and Stars (I miss them) Along with my 3 cats I have 2 dogs. ( Siberian Husky and Malimute-mix)

I have really thick hair.( I don't like it) I don't have any scars on my face, but I do on my arms and my hands. ( fighting with trees and falling through windows.) (My favorite pastimes. lol Jk.)

Well, one of them is a rescue and the other four their mom died, and we took them in.
My hair isn't too thin, but it's just thin enough where you can't do squat with it. And yeah, I've got too many scars on me (damn mosquitoes >_<).

Summoner-Yuna
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Mosquitoes don't bug me. They will bite me and like 10 minutes later the bite is gone, I wish I had thin hair. I wish it was straight too. But we all can't have what we want. I also wish I had straight teeth. This morning I had an appointment. They took out me pernament retainer and one week from today they have to put a new one in. (Last dentist put it in wrong *GRRR ARGG*) So my mouth is quite sore. When I left my class I already talked to the teacher so I just left. People thought I was skipping halfway through the period. XD

I am debating about Final Fantasy this year. I want to be Yuna (Gunner) or Yuffie (Adven Children) I can't be both, (Not enough money) What I would need):
Yuna- Shirt, Sideskirt, boots, red tail, and hood.
Yuffie- Wig (hair too long), and everything else.

As you can tell I am bored. I have nothing to do. Except play videogames. ( I love Soul Blade!)

Fenix42
09-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Ouch.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen many Yuffie cosplays. I'd say go for that, but it's up to you. ^_^

Summoner-Yuna
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I just need to buy material and start working on it. Yea, tomorrow I get my new pernament retainer.

Samurai_Kenshin
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I've always wanted to see a Agito/Akito cosplay...

Although, Akito needs to be in a white dress with wings...cause thats just badass.

zipperhead535
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
*headdesk* I am making Howl (howls moving castle) for next AD but i am completely lost on how to make his pink/purple diamond jacket!

Tarika Sakka
10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
There is nothing for my Vincent costume except a plan that isn't quite finished yet. After I'm done my mom and I might go looking at fabric and wigs and such. I'd also need to order some Wonderflex and learn how to work it for the rest of the costume.

zipperhead535
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
There is nothing for my Vincent costume except a plan that isn't quite finished yet. After I'm done my mom and I might go looking at fabric and wigs and such. I'd also need to order some Wonderflex and learn how to work it for the rest of the costume.

I can tell you one thing, do not work with wonderflex for a costume until you've had alot of practice. I found a tutorial on how to use craft foam and paint it to look metalic. Trust me - it's FAR more cost effective:

http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

and the persons result of the Vinnie claw in craft foam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXgGT6zrL0

Tarika Sakka
10-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Is it hard when it's heated or anything? I guess I want something durable and hard, not flexible or anything...But if it is something I'd use, I guess I'd save a lot of money on gesso and everything...thanks for the tip!

zipperhead535
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Is it hard when it's heated or anything? I guess I want something durable and hard, not flexible or anything...But if it is something I'd use, I guess I'd save a lot of money on gesso and everything...thanks for the tip!

with all the paint it'd be pretty durable, and after a few coats of clear coat I would imagine it'd be pretty strong. You could always reinforce the back with cardboard.

Tarika Sakka
10-06-2007, 11:16 AM
True, true...

Kasru
10-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Just finishing up the vest for my kakashi cosplay and I'm very happy on how it's turning out ^ ^

zipperhead535
10-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Just finishing up the vest for my kakashi cosplay and I'm very happy on how it's turning out ^ ^

Please post pictures of when it's done!! ^_^

Hatake_Kakashi
10-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Right now I'm working on DATE!Hikaru and DATE!Haruhi from Ouran, but I don't know if I want contacts or not, if I do get them, which one should I get? http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/cosmeticlens.asp
I was thinking the very first ones, "Amber Max"

and for anyone who has gotten one of the "Cosmetic Eyes" contacts before, do the cover your iris completely, so you cant see the you'r natural color, or do they justend?

here's a reference pic, but thats not the outfit I'm making (Hikaru's on the right, but it doesnt matter) and on wikipedia, it says that they are amber:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/HitachiinBrothers.jpg

Thanks! and sorry for the kind of long post!

zipperhead535
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
I need help with Howl's jacket!! I've messed up so many times, I cannot afford to mess up any more XD help!

Tarika Sakka
10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
What's wrong? Maybe making two layers and sewing only one color of diamond on might work, but that's what I think.

AtelierBoz
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
my friend and i are working on our new plugsuits for detour, he's going to be shinji. if anyone remembers, i was rei in a plugsuit this year >.< ooh that was so embarassing lol there were so many wrong things with it, but it will be better next year!

i hope to chat with all of you more! im glad now that i found some midwest/detour cosplayers XD

Fenix42
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Ah but you were still awesome! Not a lot of people do Eva cosplay anymore...

Looking forward to seeing the new improved plugsuit! ^_^

Kasru
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Please post pictures of when it's done!! ^_^

<< new avatar. Can kinda tell how it's turning out :]

Summoner-Yuna
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I got my sign up form on friday. Yippie! My friends are thinking of getting a room (Not at the Thunderbird but a hotel nearby) Now I just need to get my parents to let me go and stay at the hotel. I will be 16 when AD rolls around. I just need to use my ruse.

Jen-neko
10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Sent in registration, reserved hotel room...oh yeah, and went out and bought a TON of fur (and foam) for my Lion Sora cosplay... ^__^ I'm very excited, and can't wait to start working on it. Though, silly me, I did everything backwards...(got the stuff I needed in reverse order..^^; I still need the stuff for the base of the head).

I'm going to be going to the cities this weekend, though, so I'll be able to raid SR Harris (as well as other stores) for my other costumes <3

SO EXCITED!!

Summoner-Yuna
10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Sent in registration, reserved hotel room...oh yeah, and went out and bought a TON of fur (and foam) for my Lion Sora cosplay... ^__^ I'm very excited, and can't wait to start working on it. Though, silly me, I did everything backwards...(got the stuff I needed in reverse order..^^; I still need the stuff for the base of the head).

I'm going to be going to the cities this weekend, though, so I'll be able to raid SR Harris (as well as other stores) for my other costumes <3

SO EXCITED!!

Neato! (Bringin the word back) My friend might be Kairi. So if she is I might need to get a picture.

AtelierBoz
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Oooh i have two other friends going to be shinji and kaworu with me! exciting!

so peeps got a hotel room? the site is saying its all sold out, i dunno what theyre talking about, i just got a room. :/
unless i have good timing and got one when someone dropped it?

but yes... SR Harris is a GODSEND.
I might need to go back thar soon...~

Bugger
10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Pre-register....check.
Hotel room....check.
Dorky store-bought costume....check.

^^ All I have to do is dye my hair and I'm finished.

Wataru
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I wish I had enough money to get a room! ToT Instead, I'm going to waste an equal amount on gas driving to and from and having almost as much fun. >_> Oh well, as long as I get free rice and Dew again!! ^_____^

I'm so excited for my costumes. x3 I've got Midvalley all but finished (just need to go get a purple/pink dress shirt), and then I'm gonna start working on meh Moggle!! x3333 I'm totally gonna hug-whore in my moggle costume. >_> It's gonna be orgasmic. @¬@

But, then, on the side, I have to help my friend with his cosplay which is annoying as hell considering he doesn't have the money to do it with. -.-; I've got his sword and costume all planned out for him, now he just needs to get some cash. He doesn't even know if he can go yet or not!! >< I really wish he'd just wait 'till college so he isn't walking around all alone with an unknown character... He, I, my girlfriend, and her best friend all RP together, but, alas, we're in different locations, and in AnimeBoston '11 we're all gonna go as our RP characters!! x3

Well there's my tangent that has no relevance nor importance to anything. ^^ But it felt good to talk about nothing for a little bit. xDDD

Frog_King
10-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Le gasp! Because I don't have much money and I have to save up for this summer, I will be dressing up as a crazy-frog obsessed fan girl (wearing a school girl outfit). I am also going with a group of...5 maybe 6 other people and I have been put in charge of collecting all their money.
So, I have to get us all together and plan it, make sure everyone can go and collect 150-180 dollars hopefully before December *le sigh*

Fenix42
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
I've preregistered and the rooms are reserved. :)

Now I just need to worry about finishing my costumes...

AxelisMyHomeboy
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm almost done with my costumes. I'm going as Axel and Kirara this year.

I'm excited since this will be my first time at Anime Detour. I tried to go last year, but I didn't pre-register in time, so I couldn't get a badge.

For my Axel costume i just need to mke the chakrams and then I'll be all set. I'm going on Saturday as him with 12 of my other friends as the other Organization members.

As for my Kirara costume, I still have to find a bunch of fur to use to make me look fluffy. XD I've got everything else though...

Kino_Makoto
10-19-2007, 11:39 PM
We have our room but our costumes are still int eh fabric stage. We are going to do tsubasa! yay!

Hatake_Kakashi
10-20-2007, 08:39 AM
I have costumes planned for like the next 3 years :) lol
i just showed my parents a picture of some kimonos i'll probably make in like 2 years lol
but my ouran cosplay is going well, i have most of it done.

so good luck on all your costumes!

Fenix42
10-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Ah you beat me--I've got costumes planned for a couple of years. It's kinda sad, but I couldn't fit them in for next year. :)
I'm going to start watching Ouran soon--my friends keep telling me to watch it.

Hatake_Kakashi
10-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Ah you beat me--I've got costumes planned for a couple of years. It's kinda sad, but I couldn't fit them in for next year. :)
I'm going to start watching Ouran soon--my friends keep telling me to watch it.

lol

yeah, it's really good! be sure to read the manga too, because I think theres a lot more that happens :bigtu:

Kino_Makoto
10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
lol

yeah, it's really good! be sure to read the manga too, because I think theres a lot more that happens :bigtu:

For sure! We just finihsed watching Ouran in club, it was great!

Fenix42
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I just finished the first five episodes and I'm liking it so far. :)

Tarika Sakka
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I just got the cape sewed but I did not find the craft foam yet. I'm going to look around a little to find some. BUT I got some gold spray paint. Beware.

Elendriel
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=93653&member=46611 progress pics for my Elizabeth Swann outfit from POTC3 :D wooot for being SOOO insane to even attempt this cosplay haha

Fenix42
10-24-2007, 12:06 AM
omg...handstitched? You have more time than I do...
You were insane enough to make Trinity Blood costumes, and look how they turned out. ^____^ Looking great so far! :D

Elendriel
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
aww thanks! :D hehe I'm insane, what can I say?

progress pic #2 up! http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305470

zipperhead535
10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
uff da - ive been practicing for the Howl jacket, and i just cannot SEW DIAMONDS X(

Tarika Sakka
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
uff da - ive been practicing for the Howl jacket, and i just cannot SEW DIAMONDS X(

What is your technique?

Elendriel
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I would suggest sewing the squares first (like hemming the edges) and then just pin them onto the jacket in a diamond pattern, then sew along the edges :)

Fenix42
10-25-2007, 12:10 AM
That's pretty much how I did the diamonds on Urahara's coat.
The back of the coat looks amazing CloakedSchemer! :D

Elendriel
10-29-2007, 10:05 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1310044

I've added a few more progress pics, it's coming along, slowly but surely!

Fenix42
10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Nice!! Got a question for you though, how durable is Model Magic? Since you use it often, I guess you're somewhat of an expert now, right? :D

Elendriel
10-30-2007, 01:17 PM
hehe I don't use it THAT much, but when I did Rem and used it, it was pretty good! You just need to make sure you glue coat it (what I use to make my armor) and that way it solifies it and it won't break as eaisly.

Elizabeth's armor is easy and won't break simply because I'll be gluing it all to where it needs to go, so it'll have that as a backup. Also, like for Isaac's belt buckle, I used a piece of stiff posterboard for the base and then added model magic to it, then glue coated it. that thing won't budge :D

Fenix42
10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I donno, maybe it's just me. ^_^

Just any kind of glue will work?

Elendriel
10-30-2007, 07:54 PM
it's a mixture of 1/4 fabric glue, 1/4 regular glue and 1/4 water :) coat it 7 times, makes it nice and smooth and more durable (not indestructible of course, but it helps) and then paint!

Fenix42
10-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Cool thanks! :D

Kino017
11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
CloakedSchemer, your Isaak Fernand von Kamfer costume is awesome! Are you going to wear it at Anime Detour?

Elendriel
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
aww thank you! :)

I'm definitely bringing him :D Can't resist! I love cosplaying him hehe

Summoner-Yuna
11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I can't wait to see everyone's costumes. I decided (I change my mind quickly and often) to be Kari from Digimon Season 2. I am almost done with her digivice. Anyways does anyone keep track of how many days we have left?

Fenix42
11-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Detour's main site has a counter: 149d:9h:12m:19s So yeah, I kinda am...

Cloaked, are you bringing your Elizabeth costume to Detour too? That costume is so amazing... :D

Elendriel
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Fenix, of COURSE hehe :D how could I not?

Tarika Sakka
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Must...TAKE PICTURES! That Elizabeth costume is AWESOME!

Fenix42
11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Fenix, of COURSE hehe :D how could I not?
Yay! :D

Bugger
11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Changed my mind on my second costume. Still going as L, but will also be putting together a Shinji (Bleach) costume. He can also work as a closet cosplay for me. ^^ I'm such a cheater.

Frog_King
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm still going to go as a frog-obsessed fangirl (which I am) but I would also like to go as Orihime (bleach0. I've seen all the episodes they have out so far but I'm thinking about doing her outfit from the epiosde with her brother. (I just want to do the part with the chain of life (i think that's what it's called))

kereneko
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Starting to cut out the fabric for both of the Agito/Akito jackets im making.

Fenix42
11-15-2007, 12:16 AM
I think I've been convinced to do another costume: Shindou Hikaru from Hikaru no Go. A friend of mine is going as Sai.

Now, let's see if I can get it done. :thumbsup:

Xuki-kun
11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I've always wanted to see a Agito/Akito cosplay...

Although, Akito needs to be in a white dress with wings...cause thats just badass.

XD I was thinking about doing that after I finish the straightjacket x3
But I've never made clothes before. Just lots of unused crap, like pillows and plushies, that just end up lying around the floor XD
I actually cut the pieces out of the fabric. XD Go me! I usually procrastinate until the very end. >___>;; XD The detour is a couple months away, so it gives me time to procrastinate, LOL. xDDDD

Raven_Night
11-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I haven't started yet, because I still need a sewing machine and plus, right now, we're kind of broke. ^.^;

zipperhead535
11-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I have so far, 2 costumes planned! However, and possibly have a 3rd. However, I am not sure if I really want to Cosplay Aeris...

But here's my list:
1st Cosplay - Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
2nd Cospaly - Inside Joke/Crossplay - http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/zipperhead53/German/74304079rn.jpg

for Cosplay 2 I have the jacket so far XD I just need tips for the wig and whatnot

Raven_Night
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Howl! omg if I see you has Howl, I am going to hug you! xD

zipperhead535
11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Howl! omg if I see you has Howl, I am going to hug you! xD

Okay, please give me fair warning though ^_^ I have a bad and sensetive neck.

Raven_Night
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Okay, please give me fair warning though ^_^ I have a bad and sensetive neck.

aww darn fine. xD Ruin the fun of surprise hugs.

Tarika Sakka
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Surprise hugs, huh?
If I see you as Howl, I'll probably send my uncle a picture (I think he likes that movie).

zipperhead535
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Surprise hugs, huh?
If I see you as Howl, I'll probably send my uncle a picture (I think he likes that movie).

Im now excited to start working on the costume!!!

shadow_girl294
12-10-2007, 12:07 PM
im going to detour as Euphemia Li Brittannia from code geass. i have the flowers for the costume, the ribbon, and the under skirt for her dress. i need to go to a fabric store to buy the rest. i was at one once, with no money :lost: , and found the patterns i needed in a book they had. only thing was, they didnt have those in the pattern drawer. my friend said she could help me buy my wig from ebay.

this will be my first year cosplaying! :rockon:

Hatake_Kakashi
12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
YAY I just got my xmas money ($100) from my grandparents!!!
I cant wait to spend it ;).... I mean...cough...put it in my bank account to save....cough....

I was actually about to write "Cosplay" in the FOR: area on the check ^^

anywho, I probably wont buy fabric for the Akatsuki (Naruto) clokes I'm making until after christmas because I REALLY hope I get a dressform, that would make my life so much easier!!!

so YAY

zipperhead535
12-10-2007, 09:56 PM
YAY I just got my xmas money ($100) from my grandparents!!!
I cant wait to spend it ;).... I mean...cough...put it in my bank account to save....cough....

I was actually about to write "Cosplay" in the FOR: area on the check ^^

anywho, I probably wont buy fabric for the Akatsuki (Naruto) clokes I'm making until after christmas because I REALLY hope I get a dressform, that would make my life so much easier!!!

so YAY

:eek: A dressform! My mom gave me an option of a camera or dressform. I opted for the camera, because there's no point in having a dressform If I cannot take pictures of the outfits XD Last year at AD my camera was sooo slowww...

kereneko
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I have so far, 2 costumes planned! However, and possibly have a 3rd. However, I am not sure if I really want to Cosplay Aeris...

But here's my list:
1st Cosplay - Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
2nd Cospaly - Inside Joke/Crossplay - http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/zipperhead53/German/74304079rn.jpg

for Cosplay 2 I have the jacket so far XD I just need tips for the wig and whatnot

OMG!! Your cosplaying bill??!!! -Dies- I love bill!! I am soo gonna hug you!

zipperhead535
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
OMG!! Your cosplaying bill??!!! -Dies- I love bill!! I am soo gonna hug you!

Got the jacket, wig is on the way. Just gotta drop a crap load of weight O_O Im much too shapely to do a crossplay of him now.

Hatake_Kakashi
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
:eek: A dressform! My mom gave me an option of a camera or dressform. I opted for the camera, because there's no point in having a dressform If I cannot take pictures of the outfits XD Last year at AD my camera was sooo slowww...

I hope so!!! But my parents this year said they would only spend like $100 on each kid (4 kids), so that may be a no T_T
I got a camera last year, and my dad is a photographer, so that's taken care of. ^^
but the camera I have runs out of battery REALLY fast (only recorded 5 min of a panel and it died, and I didnt use it for anything else b4 >.>) do a new camera would be nice :toothy: , although, I usually get my dad/mom to take pics....

Good luck on ur costumes everyone!!!

:rockon:

Fenix42
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I had a Vivitar camera that just sucked up my battery life. I love my little Fujifilm right now though. I plan on getting another camera in the next year or so.

On Joann Fabric's website they had a dressform for $99. But I'll probably just make a ghetto one instead if I need one.

I'm home now for a while and will have to compete with the cats for some space, but I will get my costumes done! ^_^

zipperhead535
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
No longer cosplaying Howl. I physically do not have the energy or the will to put enough work and effort to do his costume justice.

I will however, still be going as Aeris and Rikku!

Kasru
12-17-2007, 09:21 AM
My dosu cosplay is pretty much done except for the bandages part but ya I think it turned out amazing I'm happy ^_^ got pics on my myspace page. Now I have to start working on my allen walker cosplay bah... that jackets gonna suck.

ironknuckle7
12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
i want to do a 300 spartan but i dont want to have to wear the speedo...........any suggestions?

Jen-neko
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
i want to do a 300 spartan but i dont want to have to wear the speedo...........any suggestions?

IMO, there's really no accurate way to do that. Unless you plan to carry your shield around covering your crotch region the whole time :P Which you very well could do (and just wear some shorts or something)....but yeah, that's the only way I'd see getting around it.

But you look to be a pretty attractive young thing, so I wouldn't worry too much ;)

Hatake_Kakashi
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I still need to find reference pictures for Aqua from KH:BBS
I really want to start on her armor but I cant find any besides the small, fast and dark trailer T_T

maybe I should be that heartless thing too...

Tarika Sakka
12-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm starting to sew the buckles on my cape. They're leather turned black with shoe polish, and it's hard to do. I've already stabbed myself with the blunt end, but they look nice. I'm on four of twelve...

aquasnake08
12-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I still need to pre-register *lazy* And I already have one costume done. I'm doing a Bioshock cosplay with a friend of mine. I took a halloween costume and altered it for the little sister. Then I'm probably going to be buying the pieces for my Team Fortress 2 cosplay as a scout =3

zipperhead535
12-28-2007, 09:35 PM
*sigh* I need to find a pattern for KH1 Aeris dress then get off my butt and find Rikku's thief belts at some anime shop.

But the base wigs for Aeris and Rikku are in the mail!!

Xuki-kun
12-29-2007, 07:39 PM
:[ I hate this stage, waiting for your wig to come, you feel like you can't do anything to speed it up D: This is also my first time ordering a wig O.o;

Fenix42
12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I still need to pre-register *lazy* And I already have one costume done. I'm doing a Bioshock cosplay with a friend of mine. I took a halloween costume and altered it for the little sister. Then I'm probably going to be buying the pieces for my Team Fortress 2 cosplay as a scout =3

You might want to get that out by Monday if you can because the first deadline is the 31st. After that, it's up to $40.

I have...oh 2 more wigs I have to get, and 3 if I want to finish Hikaru. Chrono's just about finished, and so is Deidara and Kenshin. I'm about half done with Fuu and Hikaru's a 1/3 done.

chronicluscious
12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm having trouble choosing between doing judy nails or Kai from Heavenly Sword and Eleanor from Rule of Rose. Either way, i haven't started on anything yet. Thoughts?

Zell dincht
01-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm actually going out to buy my materials this week. Three months to make my costume I am very nervous.

zipperhead535
01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I went to Goodwill today, found the perfect base boots for Rikku and a flower basket to serve for my Aeris cosplay! *squee* I can't wait to show off my Rikku costume, especially with the weightloss since Halloween!

Tarika Sakka
01-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I went to Goodwill today, found the perfect base boots for Rikku and a flower basket to serve for my Aeris cosplay! *squee* I can't wait to show off my Rikku costume, especially with the weightloss since Halloween!

Yeah, isn't Goodwill a great place to find stuff? Cheap, too!

Fenix42
01-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, at least you get a couple more weeks to finish it since it's not at the end of March this year. :)

Long story short, I'm placing Hikaru and Chrono on hold until next year. So, I'm down to four costumes for Detour.

Singe
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
So it's still kind of up in the air if I'll be able to make Detour this year (which is kinda ironic seeing as how I now live in Minneapolis...) but I started on a Drain Away Kaoru (Dir en Grey) costume the other day, and I basically have all the supplies I need to make it, same with Myaku Shinya (though this one once again has been pushed to the back burner...^.^;; )

I've missed Jrock cosplay...

Oh, speaking of, does anyone know where I can buy spikes in bulk online? hopefully for less than $0.50 a piece, since I can get them for that at a local store...

zipperhead535
01-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Im going to start making my costumes as soon as possible! I keep having nightmares that it's the first day of AD and all my costumes are sitting on the table unfinished!

Actually, last year I finished my KH2 Aeris 30 minutes before the con!

Tarika Sakka
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow...that was a little close, no? At least you did make it -- I still need some primer to make the claw.

zipperhead535
01-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow...that was a little close, no? At least you did make it -- I still need some primer to make the claw.

I ended up hot gluing the buttons on XD they're still on! After many washings, many wears! However, the top did shrink X( so i cannot wear it anymore.

AtelierBoz
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Im going to start making my costumes as soon as possible! I keep having nightmares that it's the first day of AD and all my costumes are sitting on the table unfinished!

Actually, last year I finished my KH2 Aeris 30 minutes before the con!
Oh god, like 4 months before a con, I always get pre-con nightmares. They're always nightmares about me not getting my costume done on time or something goes horribly wrong xD;

I have 4 costumes lined up, everyone keeps wanting me to be chell from portal, which im considering.... xD but here's my progress on being done:

rei ayanami- 5%
sora- 80%
godot- 50%
protagonist from persona 3- 0%

So much to go... xD

zipperhead535
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh god, like 4 months before a con, I always get pre-con nightmares. They're always nightmares about me not getting my costume done on time or something goes horribly wrong xD;

I have 4 costumes lined up, everyone keeps wanting me to be chell from portal, which im considering.... xD but here's my progress on being done:

rei ayanami- 5%
sora- 80%
godot- 50%
protagonist from persona 3- 0%

So much to go... xD

I make folders of each character, I keep a list of everything I have bought and want to buy. So pretty much, now I just gotta get the materials and start sewing and Ill be done! X( Im just really nervous about my wigs coming on time!

Tarika Sakka
01-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I just keep everything in a large box -- papers, costume, materials, everything. When I need the stuff, it's all there. Speaking of which, maybe I should get some pictures up of the costume in progress.

zipperhead535
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I just keep everything in a large box -- papers, costume, materials, everything. When I need the stuff, it's all there. Speaking of which, maybe I should get some pictures up of the costume in progress.

Yes! Please!! I love seeing progress pics!

Tarika Sakka
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Alright, I'll see what I can do.

Tarika Sakka
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I'll have to upload them on deviantART, I can't get this to work. Address is in my signature.

Tarika Sakka
01-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but they're up. http://tarikasakka.deviantart.com/gallery/

Singe
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
So I would be much further along with my Kaoru cosplay if it weren't for the fact I apparently picked out the worst pattern ever for my base pattern. I have never had to do so much tailoring on a simple coat just to get it to be the right size as the pieces/sizes/size chart offered were apparently horrendously incorrect, and now as I try to fit the pieces together, I'm beginning to wonder if the pattern was supposed to have darts despite the fact there was none in the instructions or on the pattern pieces. Because I'm finding it impossible to pin or sew the front/side panels together without something strange happening. Gha. X.x

shadow_girl294
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
well. i just bought my wig yesterday on ebay. i bought all my fabric and other things ill need a couple of weeks ago. so i just need to put it together. which means i have to find someone to help me sew it all. which again means i might have to leave my state to go to my grandmas house. XD and im not going to buy special shoes. im going as Euphemia from Code Geass.

Tarika Sakka
02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
I have to figure out how to put the boots and claw together. Then all I need to do is to finish up the cape, get a wig, make the Dirge, Cerberus, and holster, and finish up the straps.

Ichiro
02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Mine are going pretty well i plan to finish a lot this Wednesday when i have an extra set of hands i trust not to mess up patterning on me. Then i need to do a lining for another costume and finish my sword and I'm done

PersicomMaid
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
mines coming alone just fine. all i need is to buy the make up and the rest of the costume for mello. I promise you that i will be the best looking mello there! i am trying extra hard! this is my first crossplay so i hope it turns out awesome! ^.^

AtelierBoz
02-26-2008, 03:20 PM
i cant wait to see everyone's costume! detour is coming so close, yet i need more time! xD
costume progress:

rei ayanami plugsuit: 10%
rei ayanami pinky st rave: 10%
sora valor: 90% http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1421024/
persona 3 protagonist: 90%
godot: 80%

Fenix42
02-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Your Sora costume looks great! ^_^ Can't wait to see your Persona 3 cosplay too :)

As for me, I have a few minor things to finish and then I'm done.

shadow_girl294
02-26-2008, 05:30 PM
um, so i got the wig. but how do i put it on? ive tried and i dont know how i keep my hair from sprouting out of the sides. do i need a bunch of bobby pins? ill need help with this on friday..and most likely on saturday and sunday too of the con.

AtelierBoz
02-26-2008, 06:16 PM
um, so i got the wig. but how do i put it on? ive tried and i dont know how i keep my hair from sprouting out of the sides. do i need a bunch of bobby pins? ill need help with this on friday..and most likely on saturday and sunday too of the con.

Depends on how long your hair is, if you have short hair that cant be pulled into a ponytail or only in a really small one, buy a wig cap, you can get one at any drug store or almost any dept store. I have quite long hair, so i put my hair in a ponytail first, then tuck it into the wig cap and then put my wig on.
usually the front of the inside of the wig has a distinct marking or theres a tag in the back so you can tell which is the front at the back. hopefully its a decent quality wig, ive gotten a terrible one that was too small even to fit my head. :(

shadow_girl294
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Depends on how long your hair is, if you have short hair that cant be pulled into a ponytail or only in a really small one, buy a wig cap, you can get one at any drug store or almost any dept store. I have quite long hair, so i put my hair in a ponytail first, then tuck it into the wig cap and then put my wig on.
usually the front of the inside of the wig has a distinct marking or theres a tag in the back so you can tell which is the front at the back. hopefully its a decent quality wig, ive gotten a terrible one that was too small even to fit my head. :(

now im worried that it might be a small one, but i already have a small head. and my hair is short now.

Fenix42
02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
If all else fails, egg nylons would work for a wig cap.

Tarika Sakka
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I have a wig cap, need a wig. :sigh: I need to see how I can put the arm together. I think if I have time I'll enhance the boots but...I'll see what I can do. Does anyone recommend Mod Podge to help stiffen and protect everything?

Pied
02-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Let's see, About a month away and I've just started my costumes. yeah, that sounds about right. :) Two should be ok though, the third might kill me. It only took me five months to decide what to be.

zipperhead535
02-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Im roughly 90% done with my KH2 Aeris top, roughly 20% done with the skirt. I hope to finish the KH2 skirt by Monday. My wig hasn't come yet..and I need help deciding what to do next.

Aeris from Advent Children or Crisis Core.

AtelierBoz
02-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I have a wig cap, need a wig. :sigh: I need to see how I can put the arm together. I think if I have time I'll enhance the boots but...I'll see what I can do. Does anyone recommend Mod Podge to help stiffen and protect everything?
I haven't worked incredibly much with mod podge, i sort of just discovered its a nicer, cleaner, less dangerous alternative to layer and harden something(like wonderflex, cardboard, etc. props) without using resin. but I think I'd give it a go and try it with that. It's worked wonderfully on mine, I only had to use two coats.

Im roughly 90% done with my KH2 Aeris top, roughly 20% done with the skirt. I hope to finish the KH2 skirt by Monday. My wig hasn't come yet..and I need help deciding what to do next.

Aeris from Advent Children or Crisis Core.

I've spotted a few more Crisis Core Aeris', it's getting popular fast, and I don't blame them! I'd go for CC Aeris, just because it's a change from the all pink/red ensemble, and in my opinion, is very pretty and also elegant. :)
By the way, I'm Embrace's girlfriend from the party, I'm not sure if we spoke at all, sorry about that if I came off a bit bitter. I was just incredibly tired. xD

Tarika Sakka
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks, it's nice that I found an entire bottle of it in my closet ^^

GaijinXSmash
03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I really need to start on my costume... I think I'm going as Sai from Naruto lol

Samurai_Kenshin
03-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Finished the:

Wig
Bodysuit
Tail
Arm/leg guards

for Carbuncle. Debuting at AD 08, going to be amazing.

Tarika Sakka
03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Scratching the gun, need to style the wig, seal the boots, put together the claw arm (which will take the longest, I assure you) and finish the cape. And then wait for AD to come.

Kaoru-chan
03-30-2008, 05:24 AM
Have to:
finish the shirt,
make the necklaces,
find an old-style umbrella and fix it,
buy a red ribbon,
dye my hair on thursday and style at 9:00am (I don't want to get up early) on Friday. XP