PDA

View Full Version : Costume/Cosplay Contest Reminder

Lady Neese
08-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that the costume contest sign up starts Saturday, August 18, 2007 at noon Denver (Mountain time)! It's a little less than a month away and I would like to invite people who are planning to enter the contest to reread the rules. http://www.ndkdenver.org/2007/cosplay-competition/cosplay-competition-rules
There are lots of important dates and times you all need to know as well as important rules on what to submit and when. Please read it to the very end and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you know you're doing a skit and would like me to review your script before hand, then I would be more than happy to. Just send me an email via this link http://www.ndkdenver.org/2007/email

There are a couple of things I'd like to highlight so that I'm not pulling out my hair or you are not pulling out yours.

1. You MUST preregister with the convention to register for the costume/cosplay contest. If you haven't sent in your stuff by today, then you will not be accepted into the costume contest. Within the last couple of days before the convention starts I'll post if there will be any on site spots available, I will be taking people for the waitlist though. So if someone who signs up online doesn't show up to check-in I'll be filling those empty spots with people from the waitlist. The waitlist does NOT guarantee you a spot, it just gives you a chance at one should one become available.

2. DO NOT send in the registration form (which will be online by Saturday) before noon on the 18th! It will not be accepted!!! Nor will I be at the computer Saturday, its my friends bachlorette party. So if you send it in before noon you'll probably receive an email Sunday afternoon telling you to resubmit.

3. I will NOT accept music files over 8mb. If every entry sent me a file that big I would have 600mb worth of music to download. I do not have high speed internet, I have dail up, please don't make me spend the better part of the next 3 weeks downloading music. T.T

4. The only file types I accept are .mp3, .wav, or .wmv cause those are the only things my computer can play. I can't be spending time finding and downloading whatever program that will play the random . file you submit.

5. Any music/audio to be submitted can be no longer than 45 second for walk on entries or 2 minutes for cosplay entries anything over the time limit will be clipped to the appropriate time limit by me.