PDA

View Full Version : Bald

AlchemistMerlin
09-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Well ok here it is. I'm a newbie. Im making a costume of Krillin from DBZ. I need to be bald but i cant shave my head because my school wont allow it. The bald hat things that the costume shops sell are really cheap looking. so what should i do? anyone have any recommendations...if nothing else im just gonna be he krillin that has hair from the later episodes but that looks really wierd.

moo
09-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Try looking for a bald cap from a theatrical makeup supply shop instead of Halloween costume shops. They're better in quality and you can also pick up other stuff while you're there to help the cap conform to your noggin.

I found this link on applying Darth Maul makeup that includes tips on using bald caps:

http://www.jedi-academy.com/maul_makeup.html

One other thing: check out books on theatrical makeup. I once read some book in my college's library about how to create a very convincing (but quite fragile) bald look via the use of softened bar soap. Basically you keep smoothing down your hair with softened soap and let the layers re-harden and then apply makeup on top. I don't think it's comfy in the long run since you'll eventually sweat it out and have suds running all over your face O_O anyhoo... libraries are quite useful :)

AlchemistMerlin
09-01-2002, 05:47 PM
thnx a bunch moo