PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SephirothXer0
05-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I've been playing DW for a long time (since it popped up on the Playstation), and I'm making a cosplay of Lu Bu from the third installment of the series. I wanted to know if there were any other Dynasty Warriors cosplayer out there

ZiggyB
05-12-2003, 04:41 PM
I'll have Zhao Yun (http://www.divideby0.com/cosplay/zhaoyun/) for this year's AX.

dizzylizzy
05-12-2003, 04:48 PM
ooh... this is a good opportunity to ask... does anyone have any good links to character shots for any of the games? i really am interested in doing one of the girls.... since they're the only ones i'll play. ::giggles::

SephirothXer0
05-12-2003, 04:53 PM
www.kongming.net
It's the ultimate site for Dynasty Warriors!

yuffieleonheart
05-12-2003, 06:36 PM
i love that site ^_^ i always wanted to do da qiao ^^ maybe someday

dizzylizzy
05-12-2003, 07:24 PM
::: bows down to you::: i now luv you! lol ::goes to play with the webby site:::

accelagirl
05-12-2003, 09:59 PM
me and my cousin and our da qiao and xiao qiao expensive as hell cosplay!

i wanna see all your costumes so much!!! *_*

*dw obsessed*

i really want to get some of da qiao's DW4 outfits done, but i'm working on some others at the moment, heh, so i don't have the budget to do those right now XD

Ruri
05-13-2003, 07:05 AM
I'll to cosplay as Diao Chan and/or da qiao as they are both cool characters! But it'll be SO hard just to find all their materials anmd it would be expencive too...:(

Nightmare
05-13-2003, 06:25 PM
That sounds like a good idea, I think that I will keep that in mind for the next costume that I do. Now who to pick is another thing.

Nerve-chan
05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm gonna cosplay as Diao Chan. . .?
You're going as LuBu?
DUDE!

ryuichi fangirl
05-19-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm planning a Zhang He for Katsu...and LadyXara will be going as Sima Yi with me...lol...*wants to do a Zhao Yun someday*

SephirothXer0
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
it seems the Sun Clan sisters are very popular... I may be the only male Dynasty cosplayer left... which may or may not be a good thing...
One difficult part is trying to get these dragons on the shoulder and skirt armor... any tips? let me know

SephirothXer0
05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Zhang He is a cool character, but how are you gonna pull off his shirtlessness...? (under the circumstances...)

KulaDiamond
05-26-2003, 01:59 AM
Funny considering that one of my friends' plan for Otakon...friends convincing me to go as a DW character. Nu Wa or Yue Ying were my original options but they're pushing me to go as Zhen Ji...O_o;;

Ruri
05-26-2003, 03:39 AM
I'll love to see someone cosplay as Lu Bu one day. I think that'll be cool :D

BabiiYunie
05-26-2003, 05:19 AM
the fabric used in dynasty warrior costumes look too damn confusing!

SephirothXer0
05-26-2003, 09:05 PM
I would just paint the designs on, but some people might go for broke and have it sewn in o.O

zephy
05-26-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm not cosplaying as a Dynasty Warriors character, but I've drawn one of my best friends (who isn't on Cosplay.com) into the cosplaying fold and she'll be going as Da Qiao to Otakon. So if you see a Da Qiao wandering around with a girl in either a Robin from witch hunter robin or a chii , you've found us.

KulaDiamond
05-27-2003, 01:54 AM
I dunno out of all DW characters I think Lady Sun (3rd or 4th costumes in DW4), Nu Wa, or the CAW females seem like an easy job...And Zhen Ji's dress for DW4 doesn't seem too bad.

Kirschwasser
06-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Oooo, Dynasty Warriors cosplay. One of these days, I must cosplay as on of the girls from Dynasty Warriors 4. (I'm thinking Diao Chan). But her weapons...how the heck would I come up/make something like that?
ZiggyB, you said you are going to be Zhao Yun for AX this year!? What day are you going as him? I must get a picture! ^__^

ZiggyB
06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
I dunno which day yet... I'm guessing sometime Saturday, but it's still a month away. :)

I'll be around. :>

Nerve-chan
06-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I've never seen any DW cosplay in the states, I can't wait to get a Diao Chan cos started! ^^

ZiggyB
06-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Oh hey, I saw you at ACen right? :)

We should get together for photos when we have our costumes done. :)

I'm actually gonna try and learn some moves with the staff that Zhao Yun has. I have a friend who does Chinese opera and can teach me theatrical moves with a staff.

digikoomi
06-02-2003, 12:47 AM
I am planing to do Zhen Ji ~

KulaDiamond
06-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Kirschwasser
Oooo, Dynasty Warriors cosplay. One of these days, I must cosplay as on of the girls from Dynasty Warriors 4. (I'm thinking Diao Chan). But her weapons...how the heck would I come up/make something like that?

Styrofoam, pipe cleaners, paint, wood, beads, glue......believe it or not it's coming off to a start for a friend of mine who wants to go as Diao Chan. Flowers are the only annoying thing about the weapon. Have no clue how the hell to make a flute though O_O;;

Kirschwasser
06-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info, Kula Diamond. ^__^ I'm just clueless when it comes to making weapons. Well, then again, I've never even tried to make a weapon before! -_-* I believe the hardest part will be finding the right fabric. I can look in Chinatown (when I'm in Los Angeles this month) and see if they have similar fabric.
I could always stick to my original plan and cosplay as Xiao Qiao from DW3. The fans would be so much easier to find or make (I'm hoping).
ZiggyB - Cool. Saturday I'm going to be Kirschwasser from Xenosaga!

KulaDiamond
06-02-2003, 11:27 PM
No problem ^_^. Least you dun hafta worry about a flute. I know I need the wood and the paint. I'm thinking paper mache all the way for that one or something...mebbe tone it down to lvl 1-3 weapon haha.

I'm considering Huang Yue Ying for Katsu because I like the weapon...looks not too hard to make either too ^_^. I think her weapon would be the easiest to make out of them all. If not there's always Nu Wa ^_^.

Kirschwasser
06-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Oh yes, the flute...that's a cool looking weapon, but you're right...the flute seems like it would be a bit more complicated to make than the fans or those mace-like weapons. ^_^* Lol at lvl 1-3 weapon...perhaps. Hmmm, it does get fancier as it levels up, doesn't it? Yeah, I guess paper mache would do it.
I can't wait to cosplay DW, because I do believe it's never been cosplayed here in the U.S. It's probably because the costumes seem so complicated, and finding the right fabric is a bit hard (at least for me, it is.)

KulaDiamond
06-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Right fabric is gonna be difficult to find. I'm thinking though that Zhen Ji's dress will be hard but not like SUPER difficult in comparison to her DW3 dress ^^;.

Nerve-chan
06-04-2003, 03:44 PM
the basic design of Zhen Ji's (DW3) dress is like a normal chinese dress with LOTS of acessories.

I wanna see a Huang Yue Ying!!! That would be so cool.
I don't Japanese cosplayers have ever done that before!

some DW cosplayers: http://ueno.cool.ne.jp/nagare_y/photo/photo.htm

Nerve-chan
06-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Oh hey, I saw you at ACen right? :)

We should get together for photos when we have our costumes done. :)

I'm actually gonna try and learn some moves with the staff that Zhao Yun has. I have a friend who does Chinese opera and can teach me theatrical moves with a staff.

Sure, sounds like alot of fun! ^^

ZiggyB
06-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Oh thanks for the links! They did some very nicely done costumes.

As for mine, I don't think I'm gonna be totally accurate since that color fabric is hard to come by, but I think it'll still look decent... I hope. :)

Kirschwasser
06-04-2003, 08:44 PM
I clicked on the link and wow...that DW cosplay is awesome! That material they used...I don't think I've seen it sold anywhere. Perhaps I might have to resort to special ordering online. -_-*

KulaDiamond
06-04-2003, 11:50 PM
Wowies that site has great costumes going *_*! I'm thinking of heading down 355 in Rockville (I live in Gaithersburg so not that far) and hittin' G-Street fabrics...I just realized I could possibly get all materials for Zhen Ji's DW4 costume (preferrably 2nd or 4th) there...^_^. Might be a tad expensive though ;_;.

SephirothXer0
06-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Luckily Lu Bu's fabric doesn't have any complicated designs on it... just the armor -_-;;

Nerve-chan
06-07-2003, 03:48 PM
oh yeah, if anyone needs to see the back of the characters costume, here's some fanart for reference. . .

http://asakura101.tripod.co.jp/sangoku.html

http://makuno.fc2web.com/musou/musou-garo.html

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cds23880/ag/mg-top.html

http://www.momiji.sakura.ne.jp/~k2b/g-musou.htm

http://www.ddd.ne.jp/~gd-k/crisisFi...u/gazomain.html

http://megumi.delta-z.org/~ya2-8413.../illusttop.html
(trust me theres some on this link)

http://www17.big.or.jp/~lv50/is/muso/index.shtml

KulaDiamond
06-08-2003, 12:42 AM
I got me some materials to get started on mah weapon!....Er....flute...yeah >_>;;!

SephirothXer0
06-19-2003, 04:29 PM
I've decided to debut my Lu Bu cosplay at the Animazement 2004, in Durham, NC! I also have a friend going with me as Pang Tong, so if anyone would like to join our Dynasty Warriors group, you would be more than welcome

EvilMoogleQueen
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
i would love to see a zhen ji DW3 cosplay... but thats way too hard for me.

Ruri
06-27-2003, 08:39 PM
I wish I could have friends who wanted to cosplay as WD characters. I've been thinking about what to cosplay for a while and I think I'm going to cosplay as Diao Chan. I think her character in DW4 looks...kinda bad and old..so I'll be cosplaying in her DW3 outfit, which looks better :)
Her weapon is going to be hard make I think.. but I think I know what to do. :)

KulaDiamond
06-28-2003, 01:08 AM
I found some cool fabric to make the dress for Zhen Ji. 2nd costume in DW4 ^_^V. Now to finish the weapon and get that evil bird in her hair done and I'm set.

ryuichi fangirl
06-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SephirothXer0
Zhang He is a cool character, but how are you gonna pull off his shirtlessness...? (under the circumstances...)

LOL..I completely forgot this whole forum existed O.o;

BUT..in answer to your question which I am sorry I'm SO late responding to....I am doing his outfit from DW4 which is MUCH better for coverage ^^

http://www.kongming.net/dw4/por/

( last one in the Wei section) nyaa~

KulaDiamond
06-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Gonna attempt the butterfly wings...O_O;;?

ryuichi fangirl
06-30-2003, 01:24 AM
yea I want the whole NINE for this baby...I'm not SURE I'll have this thing for Katsu or not..but I WILL get it done sometimes...hopefully in the near future >_> ...I wuv his costume

KulaDiamond
06-30-2003, 01:54 AM
That would be cool if it was at Katsu...I'm planning Huang Yue Ying(well she's a hopeful...) for Katsu LOL. I'm gonna try to bring my friend going as Diao Chan from DW4 to Katsu as well...

ryuichi fangirl
06-30-2003, 02:10 AM
Well I'm pushing for it...we just..have to wait and see how the $$ is going to work first...:P..but If I have the cash I'll do it ^^

Nyanko8
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
I would sooooo love to do someone like SunShiang Xang, or Diao Quo, by tha way http://www.yesanime.com/ys_FFXUFO03.html# is like one of the best Dynasty Warriors sites out there! Its awesome!

Nyanko8
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
oops wrong LINK!!! Just a sec

Nyanko8
07-01-2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.hostultra.com/~hallofwarriors/index.html there ya go!! Sorry bout the misconception!!! And I meant the name Da Qiao. Not Dia Quo lol I always get those name mixed up!!

Vespaa
07-03-2003, 11:40 AM
I would love to cosplay Da Qiao, I have hair like her, too. xD But I'm working on Rinoa for now. Maybe someday, though. xD (It looks like I'm not alone here, either!)

ZiggyB
07-09-2003, 05:58 PM
I saw a couple of Dynasty Warriors cosplayers at AX this last weekend. They were so amazing!

Unfortunately I didn't have my costume done in time, but here are the pictures of them!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4354&si=&page=2&sort=2&perpage=24&password=&ppuser=418&stype=1

Just scroll down a bit.

KulaDiamond
07-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Hehe I wish I was able to go to AX. Those are really cool pics of Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao! They did a pretty good job *_*.

Kirschwasser
07-10-2003, 05:29 PM
ZiggyB - I saw them too and just had to take a picture! One was Xiao Qiao (my favorite chara). I told them, "I love your costumes!" And they were like, "Eh?" I then realized they were from Japan and didn't speak English. If only I knew Japanese a little bit better...

ZiggyB
07-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Yah, I realized they didn't speak English either. However, when I said the name of Dynasty Warriors in Chinese they understood it! :D I think it was more the "3" that they under stood.

A more direct translation of Dynasty Warriors is Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Anyway I just wanted to make sure I did know what series they were from. :)

Kirschwasser
07-11-2003, 11:05 AM
^_^ I used to know the Japanese name for Dynasty Warriors, but it's been so long and my memory has been foggy for the past few months. :p They inspired me to really cosplay D.W., but since I already have a few costumes planned for AX '04, I'll more than likely cosplay D.W. at AX '05 (Gosh, that's a long time!) Unless for some magical reason I can do it for 2004, but I highly doubt it due to the tremendous amount of bills I have to pay within the year. -_-

OnaiXun
07-17-2003, 10:57 PM
O.O, ive been wanting to make LU Xun costume since like, FOREVER!
too bad im not good at makin costumes....^^;;

KulaDiamond
07-21-2003, 03:45 PM
I tried using paper mache for Zhen Ji's 4th weapon in DW3 (Her 10th level in DW4 was too detailed.....so much work haha). It's working out pretty damn well. Gonna paint it over and add in the details *wishes she had a scanner*.

Sellafine
07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm doing a Lu Xun dress for me....geez....it's take so expensive cost for the china silk......:(......I want to do a Zhuge Liang costume too... But hard to find who want to wear it here.......:)......

Kirschwasser
07-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Kula Diamond - Oooo, so you are making the weapon...awesome! ^_~ So the paper mache did work? That's good. Well, I've never seen her 10th level weapon in DW4, but her lower level ones sure look complicated. ^__^
Yep, I'm saving DW for Anime Expo 2005, because I already have three complicated costumes (well, complicated for me, that is) planned for AX04, and I won't want to be making any extra outfits.
Sellafine - Yeah, material like the characters wear is rather expensive. It's hard to find. Ocassionally I'll look for stores that sell fabric like that, and it's soooo hard to find anything similiar. Next time I'm in Los Angeles, I'm going to have to look in Chinatown. ^__^

Sellafine
07-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah...I spent so much money for this Lu Xun.......:p
Maybe I'll go to a China town in my country too...to take a photoshoot.......
Gezz.....I hope someone will help me to play as Zhuge Liang here....is hard to find someone love cosplay here......:(
BTW,Kirsch...in Chinatown is so much China silk to buy....:)
Check it out....yesterday I bought some with Dragon motif on it and it make me almost Bankrupt.....:P
Kula Diamond,so you make the weapon....that's great....!
I do something a little crazy....well I think I use a real china blade to take photoshoot...I saw some weapon in China Town.....and if my saving is enough,I'm going to buy......:)

KulaDiamond
07-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Kula Diamond - Oooo, so you are making the weapon...awesome! ^_~ So the paper mache did work? That's good. Well, I've never seen her 10th level weapon in DW4, but her lower level ones sure look complicated. ^__^
Yep, I'm saving DW for Anime Expo 2005, because I already have three complicated costumes (well, complicated for me, that is) planned for AX04, and I won't want to be making any extra outfits.

10th level is way more detailed than what her 4th level weapon in 3 was. Just painting it over and detailing it and it will look fine. I'm more concerned with that bird on her head LOL. That's looking right now like the hardest part of the costume...the rest of the materials for the dress I was able to easily nab in a fabric store (shocked that they had the pattern for the gold/black part of her dress!).

Also, for Katsucon gonna be going as Yue Ying (Along with Zhen Ji I thinks...)...a serious goal for me....so I'm going to save a piccy of her weapon as 9th level in DW4 and go for her 10th to see what's easier to do....Gonna get that done with ASAP.

Sellafine: I'm trying to get a friend of mine to go as either Zhuge Liang or Lu Xun ^_^. A fun challenge especially if he chooses to go as Zhuge Liang because of that fan he's always got.....^_^;;

Sellafine
07-27-2003, 12:56 AM
Yeah....actually Zhuge Liang is my fave chara in DW...but it's not matching if I cosplay as him ...... :p
So I think it should be a Guy who will cosplay as him.....
I'm still trying to ask my friends too.... :) ....
Anyway Good Luck to all of U.... ;)

Arch_Angel_Mika
07-27-2003, 07:15 AM
I am considering doing a Da Qiao costume, and then even a Zhou Yu. I love him! He is awesome! I don't know if I will get around to them or not, all the DW costumes are a bit demanding. ^_^*

Kirschwasser
07-28-2003, 09:00 AM
10th level is way more detailed than what her 4th level weapon in 3 was. Just painting it over and detailing it and it will look fine. I'm more concerned with that bird on her head LOL. That's looking right now like the hardest part of the costume...the rest of the materials for the dress I was able to easily nab in a fabric store (shocked that they had the pattern for the gold/black part of her dress!).

Ah, yes...the bird headpiece. Hmmm, I've seen some pictures before of somebody cosplaying as her, and I was wondering at the time: How in the world did they make the headpiece? It's the same thing with the women who cosplayed DW at AX this year. I was also wondering how they made their hairpieces, but unfortunately I could not ask, for they only spoke Japanese and...I'm not good at Japanese conversational skills yet. (I need to study more).
That's great that you found the fabric, though! Was it a regular fabric store which you found the fabric?

RedPikachu
07-28-2003, 05:48 PM
DUDE there were THE HOTTEST GIRLS cosplaying as Dynasty Warrior characters with these really big fans. Don't remember theor names tho.

KulaDiamond
07-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Ah, yes...the bird headpiece. Hmmm, I've seen some pictures before of somebody cosplaying as her, and I was wondering at the time: How in the world did they make the headpiece? It's the same thing with the women who cosplayed DW at AX this year. I was also wondering how they made their hairpieces, but unfortunately I could not ask, for they only spoke Japanese and...I'm not good at Japanese conversational skills yet. (I need to study more).
That's great that you found the fabric, though! Was it a regular fabric store which you found the fabric?

Well I'm using material not as thick as cardboard but not flimsy like paper either.....and I got beads and string too....^^;;. Gonna put in small holes and use bobby pins to pin it to mah hair...hoping it will work cuz I'll be using quite a bit. Right now drawing it out on the material I'll be using (I forgot the name haha) and then gonna cut it out. Working on outlining the head and a portion of the front that has a rose-colored bead hanging down.

Fabric store about 15-20 mins away called G-Street Fabrics sells all the fabric necessary for a DW cosplay...let me tell you...found everything for the dress there and am happy for that. Now gonna work with some pattern and work with getting this done ASAP...that way I can move on to Yue Ying. ^_^V

xrj
07-29-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by RedPikachu
DUDE there were THE HOTTEST GIRLS cosplaying as Dynasty Warrior characters with these really big fans. Don't remember theor names tho.

Da Qiao (yellow robes) and Xiao Qiao (pink robes/red robes).

i think i'll be Sun Ce (DW4 version) for ACen '04. started on the tonfas and they're DAMN huge. 44 inches!!

AnimeParty
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna be Lu Xun at the BAAF this year. :D I'm deciding where else to wear it for next year's conventions, so if anyone wants to do a DW group and is on the northeast area, tell me. :D

ChichiriFreak
08-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm Thinking Bout making a Jiang Wei (DW 4 Style) ^_^..and possibly My friend might be a Zhuge Liang With me...but most likely not...>_<

AnimeParty
08-17-2003, 10:07 PM
How bout at Otakon '04?

KulaDiamond
08-18-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm aiming to go as Zhen Ji for Katsu 10 ^_^!! Anyone who wants to go as DW characters there and hang out?

ChichiriFreak
08-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Hmm...I Love to hang out!!..I decided to Do Him ^^...I'm going to really Try To get Jiang Wei Done for Katsu...But if not..Otakon 04 is for sure ^_^;;

KulaDiamond
08-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Hehe I was originally gonna go as Yue Ying to Katsu if my costume for Zhen Ji would be done in time for O2K3 but since it wasn't I'll just be Zhen Ji. A group would be awesome. I'm trying to get a friend to go as either Lu Xun or Zhuge Liang for Katsu ^_^V. I'm hoping he can go with me to Katsu.

AnimeParty
08-19-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure I'll be at Katsu, but I know I'll be at Otakon next year. :D

arucard
08-19-2003, 04:38 PM
I might try to make Zhang He. what martle should I use? Im thinking plastic but that would be hard to put togather.

Sellafine
09-09-2003, 08:07 AM
My Lu Xun dress will be done in the end of this month.....but, I'm just considering to post it here... I'm not goin anywhere...Katsu or otakon... because after it's all done ... I'm quit being a cosplay...so it's the last one.... :(
Love to see U guys in DW costume...please post all photos if your DW costume is done.....
Please keep on to be a cosplay... :)

krystal1314
09-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Me and my friend Nikki (yuffieleonhart) are planning to cosplay Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao for Otakon 2004 ^_^
Just by looking at the costume, I can *feel* my wallet emptying :thumbsup: LoL XD

yuffieleonheart
09-09-2003, 11:34 AM
;.; :: watches as wallet becomes very very small x.x

Kirschwasser
09-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Which Qiao are you two going to cosplay as: the pair from DW3 or DW4? One of these days I'll start working on my Xiao Qiao (DW3), for I found some great fabric I can use for the outfit. I'm still looking for a pair of huge fans, though. Whenever I do, I'll probably end up painting them the right colour, then adding on the designs. I do believe customizing the shoes will be the hardest.
Off topic: Yuffieleonheart - That's so cool that you have the Shadow Hearts guy in your sig. I thought nobody knew about that game! ^_^

krystal1314
09-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Kirschwasser- We'll be cosplaying them from DW3 ^_^ I'm so excited to make this costume! Eeeee! And yea... those big-ass fans :thumbsup: I've been looking on Ebay and stuff, but no luck so far -_-

Susumari
09-09-2003, 02:39 PM
ohh how exciting...i always loved to see ppl do DW characters. but there's not really much girls in the game. oh well i would do one of the males...why not. how fun it would be.

yuffieleonheart
09-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Which Qiao are you two going to cosplay as: the pair from DW3 or DW4? One of these days I'll start working on my Xiao Qiao (DW3), for I found some great fabric I can use for the outfit. I'm still looking for a pair of huge fans, though. Whenever I do, I'll probably end up painting them the right colour, then adding on the designs. I do believe customizing the shoes will be the hardest.
Off topic: Yuffieleonheart - That's so cool that you have the Shadow Hearts guy in your sig. I thought nobody knew about that game! ^_^

yay! ;.;! someone actually recognized him XD ^^ i LOVE shadow hearts infact i'm making an alice costume ^^

ChichiriFreak
09-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm in the process of Making My Jiang Wei Costume...SO much detal..but ohwell ^__^ i love it already!

KulaDiamond
09-10-2003, 02:54 AM
I'm in the process of Making My Jiang Wei Costume...SO much detal..but ohwell ^__^ i love it already!

So much detail? I so lucked out for the Zhen Ji dress cuz i found fabric that had the exact patterns...of course that took a bit out of my wallet but...eh heh. I'm adding on silver fabric around the sleeves of the dress and putting together the bottom...@_@. You going to add the detail yourself?

Also I've been talking to a friend of mine and I might have to help him make a Lu Xun costume (preferably DW3 cuz its easier). Depends on whether he can make it to Katsu 10. If not then most likely it will be DW4 version for O2K4.

ChichiriFreak
09-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Naah...I have plenty of Fabric Stores Around here where i am..I just gotta go search each one, and find a Good Fabric...The only real Detail parts are the Scarf thingy, and the Half skirt on the right side...the other side i havta Dye myself. ^^;;

Brunhilde
09-10-2003, 07:53 AM
This is my dream cosplay outfit:

http://www.shockwavepulsar.com/cosplay/zhangji.jpg

One day I'll be talented enoguht to make it!

Hell I might as well start planning for a DW5 costume, by the time I'm good enough to do it...

Sellafine
09-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Somebody...please help!!!Do you know any website where I can download/save picture/screen shot of Dynasy Warior 4 Lu Xun...I need it for my makeup.... :)

Ruri
09-13-2003, 10:31 AM
The only picture I can find is the one you have now.
but here's a link that may help.
http://kongming.net/dw4/por/

cactusmomma
09-13-2003, 08:40 PM
anyone know of any gan ning cosplay anywhere? o.o <3

ChichiriFreak
09-13-2003, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen Any Gan ning Cosplayers..cept a japanese cosplayer is all from a Japanese site.

cactusmomma
09-13-2003, 10:05 PM
any links would be appreciated :3 *fires up jp text support* XD

xrj
09-14-2003, 12:44 AM
gan ning cosplayer: http://k-free.com/yugiri/sangoku/0330/030330.htm

and for more DW3 and DW4 cosplayers: http://ueno.cool.ne.jp/nagare_y/photo/photo.htm

cactusmomma
09-14-2003, 04:53 AM
omg *molests that player* :o ty for link~ ^^

Sellafine
09-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks Ruri.... :)
BTW,Japanesse cosplay are really great.....I never imagine before that a girl cosplay as Gan Ning...

ChichiriFreak
09-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Wonderful Links..Lol a woman cosplaying as gan Ning. Nice. ^^;;

Anyone know how to Make that color fading affect for costumes..kinda like Yuna's sleeves from FFX???...(needs to know for the Half Skirt of Jiang wei) ^^;;

yuffieleonheart
09-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Wonderful Links..Lol a woman cosplaying as gan Ning. Nice. ^^;;

Anyone know how to Make that color fading affect for costumes..kinda like Yuna's sleeves from FFX???...(needs to know for the Half Skirt of Jiang wei) ^^;;

It's called gradient dyeing ^_^. try searching for it on the forums =D there's a whole bunch of threads lingering around about it ^^ if you have no luck just pm me ^_^

KulaDiamond
09-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Can't you just like, take a bucket of dye, shove the fabric into it and pull it out little by little or something...?

Lu Bu
10-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Think I'm gonna read 7 pages? you gotta be kidding..

Hi, I'm really new. I've never cosplayed before, and my handiwork skills leave a lot to be desired. Anyway, anyone know where I can actually buy a costume for either Lu Bu, Zhou Tai or Zhao Yun?

all help appreciated!

-chris finlay

xrj
10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Think I'm gonna read 7 pages? you gotta be kidding..

Hi, I'm really new. I've never cosplayed before, and my handiwork skills leave a lot to be desired. Anyway, anyone know where I can actually buy a costume for either Lu Bu, Zhou Tai or Zhao Yun?

all help appreciated!

-chris finlay

you could try buying off of yahoo auctions japan using rinkya, but you're going to be paying insane prices. i've tried bidding for a sun ce, cao cao, and a zhou yu (all DW4 models) but each of them went for more than $600. i was only willing to pay $500. on top of that would be rinkya's $40 service charge PLUS $15 - $30 to ship it to your address. waaay too much.

Yahoo! Auctions Japan: http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/
Rinkya: http://www.rinkya.com

the best idea would be to commission someone to make it for you. but still, note that you'll be paying a higher price than most costumes because of the complexity of any DW costume.

whipbaby
10-05-2003, 07:08 PM
i'll make a dynasty warrior costume for ard $500, and i guarantee satisfaction too, lol though shipping will be heavy for certain costumes *dies*

mizura
10-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Waaai ^.^; We were the only DW cosplayers for Animagic how lonely...but some people are gonna join us for AX, right? *sparkles* o.0; (Our little group only consisted of the Qiao sisters n' Diao Chan *sadness!* Diao made her maces tho yay :D)
I wonder which is easier...SSX's tactic outfit or ZhenJi's 4th..

whipbaby
10-06-2003, 10:45 PM
weee any pics?

ZiggyB
10-07-2003, 03:09 AM
mizura: Weee! You guys were great! Congratulations on winning awards at the masquerade as well. :) I still can't believe you tackled DW costumes for your first cosplay!

Nice to meet you all. And I have to say it just wasn't fair for that one guy to monopolize your time taking pictures because I wanted some too! ;-) Seriously though, great costumes. :)

Sellafine
10-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Yeah...please post some of your picture , Mizura...
Love to see it .. :)

mizura
10-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Heehee ^.^ Only problem w/ pics is that...we were too busy having pics taken of us that we didn't have time to take pics ourselves! o.0; I saw one of us (the Qiao sisters) on a member gallery here, but I haven't seen our Diao...gotta wait for our film to develop....Nyah!
*waves at ZiggyB* Thankies! But *sniffsniff* Our seamstress is going to ditch us to go to China I think for the next animagic, so I haveta learn how to sew too...o.o; *doubts doubts* (At least she's going to go to AX w/ us...DW again, all the way! we're all switching charas tho, so it'll be funner yay :D)

ZiggyB
10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
mizura: Here's the pictures I got of you guys.

Dynasty Warriors at Ani-Magic 2003 (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5394&ppuser=418)

Unfortunately, the group picture I got of you guys during the masquerade didn't come out too well. :(

Anyway, once again, you gals rocked! :D

mizura
10-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Yay, happiness ^.^;;; (Why do I always look the worst in pictures? Uhh, cuz I suck. x.x; sadness)
:D Thankies tho! Hopefully someone else got a good group piccy ...*sigh* cuz we didn't take one ourselves. Maybe for halloween tho ^.^

Sellafine
10-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Mizura ...I don't think so...U gals are great!!
I like U're costume details!!! :)
Nice Xiao Qiao!!!

peihui
10-10-2003, 07:03 PM
well, juz wanan ask, how do u sew on thsi type of fabric ??

mizura
10-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Heehee thankies ^.^ Well, um, not like I made it moiself or n'ything >.<; All thanks to our seamstress (Da) yay ^.^v

lestathunt
10-11-2003, 12:31 AM
If any of ya cosplayers wanna know how I did the costumes(da qiao, xiao qiao, and diao chan) email me at Spadag23@cs.com. my computer is too slow to post it up.

lestathunt
10-11-2003, 01:00 AM
oh and for anime expo 2004 i will be making zhen ji(dw3), yui ying, diao chan (dw3), and SSX (tactics). Look for us there. we'll be in the masqurade too!

peihui
10-12-2003, 04:10 AM
hm...tried to e-mail but the mail bounced back. oh ya can give me some tips on how to do the xiao qiao's costume ??

lestathunt
10-12-2003, 02:12 PM
hm...tried to e-mail but the mail bounced back. oh ya can give me some tips on how to do the xiao qiao's costume ??

Well the main thing is to get the colors right. I've seen some online with weird colors. I've even seen a purple da qiao. Basically that green thing on top. I like to call it the football thingy. That part is totally separate. I connected it with snaps to the basic dress. this is so you don't have a line on the back where the zipper is going down. In the game you can see that there aren't any seam lines which makes it hard to cosplay because its unrealistic. This costume depends mostly on the fabric from what i believe. If anymore questions just post again.
good luck!

peihui
10-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Well the main thing is to get the colors right. I've seen some online with weird colors. I've even seen a purple da qiao. Basically that green thing on top. I like to call it the football thingy. That part is totally separate. I connected it with snaps to the basic dress. this is so you don't have a line on the back where the zipper is going down. In the game you can see that there aren't any seam lines which makes it hard to cosplay because its unrealistic. This costume depends mostly on the fabric from what i believe. If anymore questions just post again.
good luck!

well, i also wanna ask that if ya have ani clearer pics on dw4 of xiao qiao. Frm my pics, I can only find the side view, so I really, can't see whats her top design. Maybe you could help me ??

lestathunt
10-12-2003, 10:20 PM
This website has some good pics. if ya doing DW 3 http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=home.index
If your doing dw4 there are some beautiful pics http://dynastywarriors311.tripod.com/dw/
Basically for dw3 da and xiao have the same costume but different colors. plus xiaos bow is bigger and she has a wrap around (the orange thingy around the waist.

Sellafine
10-13-2003, 04:30 AM
My Lu Xun dress is done , and I already post it here....if you want to see , just go to my gallery... But....hiks....compare to the real Lu Xun...I feel so ugly.... :(

Iris Amergin
10-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Wow...it boggles my mind to see so many other people talking about Dynasty Warriors cosplay. Nice to know there are other people crazy enough to try. *grin*

Looks like the girls and Lu Xun are the most popular to cosplay here?

Some friends and I are hoping to get a DW group together for Ushicon 2005, although even if that falls apart I'm still planning on making my costume and wearing it to A-Kon or RoninCon or something. I'm working on Lu Xun's DW3 costume. We have one person planning on Yue Ying, and a couple others who haven't decided yet...I think we'll have a Ma Chao, but the guy doing that might do Pang Tong instead. I guess we'll see how it goes, since we only just started firing ideas around for this.

I did find a few patterns online that look like they should work nicely for my Lu Xun costume, although I haven't ordered them yet. At least I've got an idea of something to start with! Finding that material could be interesting, though...

ChichiriFreak
10-19-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm currently working on my Jiang Wei Costume for Katsucon. ^_^ coming along good.

Sellafine- i LOVE your lu Xun costume!! *_*

KulaDiamond
10-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Sellafine: That looks awesome *_______*!!!! Your costume rocks!

Iris Amergin: Yeah crazy to try this alright....so many paychecks have gone to the work of Zhen Ji's dress ^^;;.

I've been working on making changes to the 9th lvl weapon for Zhen Ji but I'm thinking I might make a lower lvl version of her weapon that isn't so incredibly detailed and save the 9th lvl work for O2K4....@_@...taking longer than I thought it was going to and college classes are taking up some time *study study*.

Sellafine
10-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Kula and Chichiri --> Thank you... :)
I really want to see your Zhen Ji and Jiang Wei costume :) !

Iris-->To have a good China Silk ,try to look up in China Town, maybe it's a little expensive but it'll look great for your costume.. :)

BTW,I'll take another photoshoot ( this time is not a testing :) ) on this Saturday, I wanna make a classical photograph of Lu Xun and Zhen Ji ( my friend will cosplay as her),that is mean I don't use my Falcon again ( it's too modern),and if u have any suggestion about classical China pose or what should I do with my costume to make my photos look more classic please tell me..... :)

KulaDiamond
10-20-2003, 09:04 PM
BTW,I'll take another photoshoot ( this time is not a testing :) ) on this Saturday, I wanna make a classical photograph of Lu Xun and Zhen Ji ( my friend will cosplay as her),that is mean I don't use my Falcon again ( it's too modern),and if u have any suggestion about classical China pose or what should I do with my costume to make my photos look more classic please tell me..... :)

Aww...might be cool if you two had a duel and did cool poses while dueling. You going to put these pics with Zhen Ji in your gallery?

Sellafine
10-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Kula-->Yes,I'll put it on my gallery , I hope you guys will like it , I make some differences to Zhen Ji dress ( it will be red ) , my friend isn't a cosplay , she didn't want to wear a "too unique" dress ... hiks...maybe it isn't look like Zhen Ji anymore..... :(,but the photographer like it...
Theme of the photoshoot maybe "Zhen Ji being kidnapped in Wu.."
And Lu Xun a little "fallin in love" with her....hey...hey...don't angry to me.... :p ...it was a scenario by my friends and the photographer :)
They say Lu Xun is a boy and Zhen Ji is a beautiful mature girl , a photoshoot should be nice if we make some romantic pose... :P , but of course not so romantic,I told them that Zhen Ji is from Wei and Lu Xun is from Wu...then we decide to make Lu Xun broken heart pose in the end....
If U have any other suggestion I'll appreciate it so much....maybe I'll make some duel pose at first... :skidude2: (thanks for the idea ,Kula!)
Lu Xun who defeat Zhen Ji and kidnapped her...

KulaDiamond
10-25-2003, 04:12 AM
Hm....Lu Xun falling for Zhen Ji but because their differences in their kingdoms it doesn't work out type of scenario sounds like a nice story. Hm...makes me wish a Lu Xun would show at Katsu (maybe I'll get lucky eh?). That'd be cute to see Lu Xun heartbroken for Zhen Ji aww...But if the dress is red mebbe you can have it be that Zhen Ji changed alliance and joined Wu kingdom instead?

Sellafine
10-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah,the photographer said red dress for Zhen Ji look cute.. he say "She's being kidnapped so she must wear a Wu dress , isn't it? " :) ...If my parents still allow me to cosplay..maybe I'll go to Katsu ( I really want to go there :( ) . Anyway,maybe we will take this photoshoot at November...my friends keep supporting me to make a Zhuge Liang costume too, I'm still considering to make it... :)

KulaDiamond
10-26-2003, 01:45 AM
That would be cool to see you at Katsu ^_^. Another Dynasty Warriors cosplayer is always great! There's plenty of time to be able to make it to Katsu since its in Feb. so yeah why not?

Zhuge Liang costume sounds cool. Which one would you consider making: DW3 or DW4?

Sellafine
10-26-2003, 03:24 AM
I wanna make Zhuge Liang from DW3... :)
I think DW3 version of Zhuge Liang is really look like the original Zhuge Liang (I saw it in Zhuge Liang Memorial temple,Cheng Du , San Quo TV series and some china old picture of him)...
Since I like him so much...I decide to make his costume too :)

ChichiriFreak
10-26-2003, 08:17 AM
yay! it would be great if you could come to Katsu!..I'm trying to get my Friend to cosplay as Zhuge Liang.....she's Still thinking. ^_^;;

SephirothXer0
10-28-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm still working on my Lu Bu costume -_-
Geez this thing is taking forever to finish!
The worst part is the dragons and designs on his armor... and maybe the feathers...

-Lu Bu The Cricket Warrior-

KulaDiamond
10-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Wow if we got enough ppl together we could have a battle going for Katsu ^_^V;;.

Just curious SephirothXer0, how far have you gotten on the Lu Bu costume?

dizzylizzy
10-29-2003, 01:19 AM
:::Walks in and waves::: i'm really sleepy so don't mind the randomness of this post.

i'm planning diao chan (dw3version) for katsu this year. there's suppose to be a small group of us. oh happy day!

once i've finished jessica (lunar: sss) i'm starting diao chan and will hopefully have it for katsu... if not then... otakon

Sellafine
10-29-2003, 10:28 PM
I hope my parents allow me to join.. :(
I agree with them to quit cosplaying , at last they must allow me for the last time to go to Katsu.. :(
Chichiri-->It will be great if your friend agree to become Zhuge Liang :) , I'm still thinking if I really go to Katsu , which one should I wear , Zhuge or Lu Xun.. :)

KulaDiamond
10-30-2003, 01:24 AM
Aw, I hope you can come to Katsu, there's still time though plenty of time to change their minds if they say no...^^;;.

If you can make it why not go as Lu Xun? If you can't make up you're mind you can always wear one costume one day and the other another day.

After school later I'm gonna work on my Zhen Ji costume. My friend is gonna go with me as Diao Chan from DW4 so I'm gonna help her with either the 9th or 10th level weapon so I'm finally back to working on costumes instead of school stuff @_@.

Sellafine
10-31-2003, 05:26 AM
Kula-->Love to see it if your costume is done :)

ChichiriFreak
10-31-2003, 05:00 PM
yeah! Kula Love to see it when it's finished! ^_^

KulaDiamond
11-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Ehh dun think it will be done for a while (goal to finish this in two weeks and get homework done), but hey if you wanna see what is done sure(sleeves look great haha and the bottom of the skirt's getting there...yay for base stitching until i get to the sewing machine at my friends' house X_X). If I had a digital camera I'd show you guys my friend's Diao Chan costume. It's not done yet but what she has together so far looks very nice *_*.

ChichiriFreak are you going to show yours when done? I'd like to see it when it's done.

Sellafine: Can't wait to see the photoshoot with you and your friend as Lu Xun and Zhen Ji hehe ^_^V.

dizzylizzy: I've been thinking...maybe we can all get together at Katsucon perhaps and have a small photoshoot session somewhere for us ^_^? Got 4-5 ppl so far going...

ChichiriFreak
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
hehe, yeah..I'll show pictures once it done or well getting there done. ^_^

yeah! we should have some photoshoot at Katsucon! ^_^ i'l deff. be there.

KulaDiamond
11-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Alright we can do poses, have fighting stances, pull some musou, and it'll be a party! Anyone else interested and mebbe we can set up meeting times and places and such in the Katsucon forum.

dizzylizzy
11-03-2003, 11:38 PM
^^ that would be awesome guys!!!!

Sellafine
11-06-2003, 05:08 PM
That would be great to take a photoshoot of us :) !
Can't wait until the month of feb.. :P

ChichiriFreak
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
yeah!! A DW group! ^__^..ahhh Feb is so far away...

KulaDiamond
11-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Plenty of time to have more ppl in the group since its far away^_^. And plenty of time to make a flute O_OV;;.

Paul Soth
11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Might as well jump in here...

My friends and I from the Crossover Comic Archive intend to do a DW4 group at Ohayocon. I will be going as Pang Tong, our webmaster Ash will go as Zhou Yu, member G-Man as Lu Xun, and our founder Gilgamesh as Cao Cao, which he has allready finished, which you can see here (http://www.kikouken.com/caocao1.jpg). Also, in salute to the webcomic San (http://san.shao.nu), he made a second hat... (http://www.kikouken.com/caocao2.jpg)

ChichiriFreak
11-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Paul Soth- Your friends Cao Cao costume is Awesome!! ^_^ he looks just like Cao cao! and That site is funny! ^__^

KulaDiamond
11-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Might as well jump in here...

My friends and I from the Crossover Comic Archive intend to do a DW4 group at Ohayocon. I will be going as Pang Tong, our webmaster Ash will go as Zhou Yu, member G-Man as Lu Xun, and our founder Gilgamesh as Cao Cao, which he has allready finished, which you can see here (http://www.kikouken.com/caocao1.jpg). Also, in salute to the webcomic San (http://san.shao.nu), he made a second hat... (http://www.kikouken.com/caocao2.jpg)

All I can say is sugoi *_________*. Really cool costume and like ChichiriFreak said, looks just like Cao Cao. Hehe, should show off some piccys from Ohayocon ^^.

kinonko
11-13-2003, 02:15 AM
I am planing to do Dai Kyo & Sun shan Xian

I cos Dai Kyo From DW3 brfore !

kinonko
11-13-2003, 02:20 AM
and this is my friends and I !!

I tried to wear highest shoes, but I was still the shortest T_T !!

http://home.pchome.com.tw/music/kinonko/untitled.bmp

dizzylizzy
11-13-2003, 02:13 PM
and this is my friends and I !!

I tried to wear highest shoes, but I was still the shortest T_T !!

http://home.pchome.com.tw/music/kinonko/untitled.bmp

wow. just wow. those costumes are fabulous!!!! and man... look at that diao chan.... that's soooo going to be my inspiration to make my costume really well.

everyone's costumes look great guys!!!! totally awesome!

ChichiriFreak
11-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Wow! those costumes are like...Whoa!! O_O now i must continue my jiang wei...^^;;

kinonko
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
wow. just wow. those costumes are fabulous!!!! and man... look at that diao chan.... that's soooo going to be my inspiration to make my costume really well.

everyone's costumes look great guys!!!! totally awesome!

thx ^_^ !! I think that china decorative pattern cloth is cheaper in my country, so we can easily to buy it , then make our clothes looks more similar to the character !!

the clothes in the U.S. are expensive right ?

U can use more glitter cloth and jewelry !!

and the flowers r important !!

they r peony !! not roses ^_^!!!

kinonko
11-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Wow! those costumes are like...Whoa!! O_O now i must continue my jiang wei...^^;;

thx ^_^!!!

I ' m looking forward to see ur jiang wei ^_^!!!!

Nightide
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
I wish I knew abo0ut this forum earlier. Sadly college sucks like that. DAmn, their are some awesome DW cosplays out their. My hat goes off to the Zhen Ji, Diao Chan, Qiao sisters group. My friends and I cosplaying as Liu Bei and Sun Shang Xiang for Otakon. Wish i could ahve joined you for Katsu. =(

dizzylizzy
11-13-2003, 11:16 PM
thx ^_^ !! I think that china decorative pattern cloth is cheaper in my country, so we can easily to buy it , then make our clothes looks more similar to the character !!

the clothes in the U.S. are expensive right ?

U can use more glitter cloth and jewelry !!

and the flowers r important !!

they r peony !! not roses ^_^!!!

i thought they were peonies!!! sweeeeet.

yeah, i've been looking all over for the right fabric. sadly, there's isn't much of an option where i am. i've started searching ebay and so on. i've contacted my pen pal in japan about fabric too. ::Crosses fingers::

just wondering... do you know how the tights or leggings were done for diao chan. i have so many ideas, but wondering some input fromsomeone who has made them before. thanks ^^

kinonko
11-14-2003, 12:11 AM
i thought they were peonies!!! sweeeeet.

yeah, i've been looking all over for the right fabric. sadly, there's isn't much of an option where i am. i've started searching ebay and so on. i've contacted my pen pal in japan about fabric too. ::Crosses fingers::

just wondering... do you know how the tights or leggings were done for diao chan. i have so many ideas, but wondering some input fromsomeone who has made them before. thanks ^^

good luck to U ^_^!!!

U mean the leggings??

My friend she bought the ready-made !!!

U can searching the sock shop

Maybe they re have the ready-made !!

ps. My English is not very good,so I hope U understand what I mean ^__^lll !!!

Paul Soth
11-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, I got the hat done:

http://paulsoth.freeservers.com/Pang%20Tong%20-%20Hat%20002.jpg

Don't mind the old Halloween decoration it's sitting on.

ChichiriFreak
11-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Wow! that Hat Rocks!!!

kinonko
11-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Pan tong !!!!!

Kirschwasser
11-25-2003, 01:31 PM
After playing a bit more of DW4, I've come to really like Xiao Qiao's DW4 outfit too. So now I'm torn between her DW3 outfit and her DW4 one. *laughs* Call me a fool for not realizing it before, but I didn't know that Zhou Yu was her husband. (I found this out on two sites!) Wow...he's one of my favourites in the game to. She's got a very good-looking man. *laughs* Maybe I should convince my boyfriend to cosplay him. ^_~

Kirschwasser
12-04-2003, 10:29 AM
*Smiles merrily* I have officially changed my mind. I have decided to go as DW4's Xiao Qiao for AX2004. Is anybody else going to cosplay DW for AX2004? Maybe we can get a group going. That would be so awesome! XD

ChichiriFreak
12-04-2003, 02:52 PM
*raises Hand* ^__^ I'm going to AX!!...it'll be my First Time...since I live all the way out here.(and it's a B-day gift for me ^^; ) *sigh* I'm SO trying to Get my bestfriend who's coming with me to Cosplay as Zhuge Liang.

Sellafine
12-05-2003, 07:47 AM
Kirschwasser --> I think Xiao Qiao from DW 4 is cuter than in DW 3 , love too see your photos if it's done...:)
Chichiri --> U should ask U're friend again and again...Zhuge Liang is my fave character in DW and right now I'm doin his costume too (but I won't go to AX...hik....:( ).BTW,just wanna know...how far is your Jiang Wei costume?? :P ...
Anyway,today I play DW4 a lot....and I think Lu Xun without hat is cute.... I'm goin to cosplay him without his hat.... try to lookin' for a nice wig anyway.. :)

Kirschwasser
12-09-2003, 10:38 AM
ChichiriFreak - *Yay~!* Now I know I won't be alone when I cosplay DW. (I'd cosplay it anyway even if nobody did! ^_~) I'm trying to convince my guy to go as Zhou Yu, but he's just shaking his head at me at the moment. *Boinks him on the head* He's not into cosplay like I am. He likes it, but he won't participate in it for some odd reason. ^_^*
Sellafine - *Nods* I've grown to like Xiao Qiao's DW4 outfit a lot. I believe the hardest part to her outfit will be the obi, since the back of it goes from green to yellow to red (or something like that). Oh yes, and the fans too. I'll go searching in Chinatown in Los Angeles during X-Mas break to see if I can find such huge fans. Yep, of course, I would love to show the photos of it once I finish the thing (who knows when). *Laughs*

kinonko
12-09-2003, 04:09 PM
ChichiriFreak - *Yay~!* Now I know I won't be alone when I cosplay DW. (I'd cosplay it anyway even if nobody did! ^_~) I'm trying to convince my guy to go as Zhou Yu, but he's just shaking his head at me at the moment. *Boinks him on the head* He's not into cosplay like I am. He likes it, but he won't participate in it for some odd reason. ^_^*
Sellafine - *Nods* I've grown to like Xiao Qiao's DW4 outfit a lot. I believe the hardest part to her outfit will be the obi, since the back of it goes from green to yellow to red (or something like that). Oh yes, and the fans too. I'll go searching in Chinatown in Los Angeles during X-Mas break to see if I can find such huge fans. Yep, of course, I would love to show the photos of it once I finish the thing (who knows when). *Laughs*

I sent Syao Quiao and Chou yu their pics to u !!
If u get them , remember to reply me!

xrj
12-09-2003, 09:10 PM
i think i said this before, but i'm going to be sun ce for ACen 2K4 for sure. if i find the courage to pack up the 44" tonfas...i could possibly be sun ce at AX. the tonfas are done, pics posted in my gallery. but the rest of the costume is in the process of getting commissioned (i have no costume creating skill, only accessories and weapons).

Kirschwasser
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Kinonko - I recieved the pictures. Thank you sooooooo much~!! I really appreciate it. That's the best reference of Xiao Qiao that I've ever seen. It will help me a lot. *Claps hands together* Thank you once again! You're the best! ^_~

kinonko
12-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Kinonko - I recieved the pictures. Thank you sooooooo much~!! I really appreciate it. That's the best reference of Xiao Qiao that I've ever seen. It will help me a lot. *Claps hands together* Thank you once again! You're the best! ^_~
to Kirschwasser :
ur welcome !!!!
And if ur boyfriend desides to cos Chou yu, I'll send his pics to u !!
Looking forward to see ur Syao Quiao !!!
best wishes!!!

Ali
12-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Has anyone got pictures of the Qiaos from DW3 or 4? I'm going to be making both costumes from one of the games, and I need some good reference. ^^

Thanks in advance.

Paul Soth
12-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Kongming's Archives (http://www.kongming.net/) is a good place to start. You might want to search up some of the art-book scans.

ChichiriFreak
12-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Xiao Qiao 1 (http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/xiao_qiao2.jpg)
Xiao Qiao 2 (http://http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/xiao_qiao1.jpg)
And
Da Qiao 1 (http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/da_qiao1.jpg)
Da Qiao 2 (http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/da_qiao2.jpg)

That Site is quite Useful. ^__^

Ali
12-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much! Those are definitely very helpful.

Sellafine
12-19-2003, 08:05 AM
My friend give me a challenge to cosplay as an extreme character....she want me to make both Zhuge Liang and Da Qiao....so beside my Zhuge Liang , I make a DW4 Da Qiao too...and I must cosplay them both nicely.. :P ....If I win this challenge , she'll be a cosplay too...with me... :)

ChichiriFreak
12-19-2003, 08:57 AM
I'm Currently Making My Jiang Wei costume now...I still need to find a nice fabric for 2 pieces of it, and how to make the left half skirt of His costume. >_<. And I decided to make his Lvl 11. Weapon "Prodigal". ^__^ i need to take pictures and post them up!!..but camera broken.>_<

Sellafine- Good Luck on that Challenge!! Can't wait to see the finished outcomes!

Sellafine
12-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Chichiri--> Thanks,If I win her,I'll get one friend to cosplay :P
You make lv 11 weapon too??That's awesome!! :)
BTW,I've already post my...erh....I can say it a little romance photoshoot with my friend....:)

Kirschwasser
12-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Yay...I finally got access to the Net for now!! (I'm in Cali right now! XD) I NEVER get access to the Net while I'm here, but~...

On-topic: Wow, those pictures of Xiao Qiao are also good reference, ChichriFreak. ^_^ Well, I searched Chinatown in Downtown Los Angeles the other day & I didn't find any fabric at all for the costume. (Besides, a lot of the shops are shut down or are closed). But I did find some fans which are the perfect size. I'm going to have to modify them. I can't wait to get started on them. I can tell it's going to be a pain painting over them (I'm probably going to use acrylic) & I'm not sure how to make the big flowers, but I'll figure something out. :)

Now that I can actually use my hair for the outfit (it's the right length), all of the sudden it's turned light! It used to be almost the same colour as Xiao's, but for some reason (it must be the sun) it turned a light red-gold-brown colour. *laughs* I'm probably going to have to colour it darker before the con in July, because there is no way I'm going to use a wig. ^__^

I've been playing more the the game over my X-Mas/New Years break. I'm mostly leveling up all Wu characters. I actually resemble Da Qiao better, but I like Xiao so much better that I can't help but cosplay as her. *laughs again* The jungle levels are sooo hard. I actually killed 1500 men (it's true!), but Lu Xun died so I didn't get any credit. ^_^* What a nightmare. I'm playing as Sun Ce now. I like his 2nd set of outfit 'cause his hair is down. :D

kinonko
12-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Yay...I finally got access to the Net for now!! (I'm in Cali right now! XD) I NEVER get access to the Net while I'm here, but~...

On-topic: Wow, those pictures of Xiao Qiao are also good reference, ChichriFreak. ^_^ Well, I searched Chinatown in Downtown Los Angeles the other day & I didn't find any fabric at all for the costume. (Besides, a lot of the shops are shut down or are closed). But I did find some fans which are the perfect size. I'm going to have to modify them. I can't wait to get started on them. I can tell it's going to be a pain painting over them (I'm probably going to use acrylic) & I'm not sure how to make the big flowers, but I'll figure something out. :)

Now that I can actually use my hair for the outfit (it's the right length), all of the sudden it's turned light! It used to be almost the same colour as Xiao's, but for some reason (it must be the sun) it turned a light red-gold-brown colour. *laughs* I'm probably going to have to colour it darker before the con in July, because there is no way I'm going to use a wig. ^__^

I've been playing more the the game over my X-Mas/New Years break. I'm mostly leveling up all Wu characters. I actually resemble Da Qiao better, but I like Xiao so much better that I can't help but cosplay as her. *laughs again* The jungle levels are sooo hard. I actually killed 1500 men (it's true!), but Lu Xun died so I didn't get any credit. ^_^* What a nightmare. I'm playing as Sun Ce now. I like his 2nd set of outfit 'cause his hair is down. :D

OH!!! I can't wait to see ur Xiao Chiao!!!

And how is yr boyfriend??? Does he dicide to cos Chou Yu with you??? :love:

ChichiriFreak
01-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Yay!!Kirschwasser, I can't wait to see the finished costume! ^__^
I'm working on my Jiang Wei Costume now...but no film to take pictures. too lazy to go out and get some..-_-;;

Sellafine
01-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Chichiri-->Dying wanna see your Jiang Wei there....
Kirschwasser-->I make a Da Qiao now....really want to take a pic with you and kinonko :)

Kirschwasser
01-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Kinonko - I still have to buy the fabric for the costume. ^__^* I'm going to have to buy some of the patterned material online. As for the non-patterend fabric, I'm going to go fabric hunting sometime next week & I'm sure I can find the correct stuff. I still have to make two other costumes too! (A Suikoden III one and a Elegant Gothic Lolita.) It is going to be hard, because I don't have much free time anymore. (Because of school and work.) As for my boyfriend, I'm not too sure. He works a tedious and busy job & hardly has any time off & I don't think he can make it to AX. Besides, he can't make costumes & I don't think I am going to have the time to make it for him. I need to take care of my stuff first.

ChichiriFreak - I can't wait either! *Grins* Hopefully more people will want to cosplay DW with us this year at AX! ^__^ Is it hard to make the Jiang Wei costume? It looks like it to me! :D

Sellafine - That would be awesome! But how would we all meet? *Grins*

ChichiriFreak
01-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Kirschwasser- haha yeah...Jiang Wei's costume is pretty Hard...For Katsucon My Jiang Wei costume won't be as...Good. ^^;; but I'll have to fix it up before AX! ^)^.. jee i do hope there will be more DW cosplayers at AX!! ^__^

Paul Soth
01-12-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm almost done with Pang Tong. Aside from worrying that I made the sleeves too wide (it goes down to around my knees, like in the render), I need to figure out that girdle thing, and also work out straps for the hat. Hints are welcome.

Oh, and here's (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=103470) what I got so far.

Kirschwasser
01-12-2004, 02:56 PM
That is so awesome that you are going to cosplay as Pang Tong, Paul Soth!! Well, if the sleeves go about to your knees, then that should be just fine, for Pang Tong's sleeves are pretty long. I like what you have got going so far. You are doing a good job. As for the "girdle" thing, I haven't a clue. Gomen nasai. Maybe somebody else might have an idea as to making it. ^_^

Paul Soth
01-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I think the big issue would be making it stiff enough so that the top corners don't fold outward. Thankfully, I came across some much better pictures of him:

http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/pang_tong1.jpg
http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/pang_tong2.jpg

Sellafine
01-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Kirschwasser --> Adobe is the only resolution maybe...:)
I'm gonna adobe our photos :P
BTW,anyone know where I can see DW4 Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao cosplay??
This is strange.....never see any DW4 Qiao sister cosplay... :rolleyes:

kinonko
01-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Kirschwasser --> Adobe is the only resolution maybe...:)
I'm gonna adobe our photos :P
BTW,anyone know where I can see DW4 Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao cosplay??
This is strange.....never see any DW4 Qiao sister cosplay... :rolleyes:

Let' me tell u a secret Sellafine!!

Quiao sisters and almost "Wu" 's character are extremely too much in Taiwan !!:waaaah:

Maybe u can see more then 10 couple of these 2 sisters!! (really)

U can go Japanese and Taiwanese website to search it, U will find out alots!!
:heart:

xrj
01-13-2004, 10:36 PM
this is quite true.

a lot of the japanese DW cosplayers i've come across are mostly characters from the Wu side, including the Qiao sisters.

i can't seem to find a lot of sites where there are DW4 Qiao cosplayers. but there's always like 10 or more DW4 Da Qiao or Xiao Qiao costumes being sold on Yahoo! Auctions Japan. a majority of them were used, but now it seems that most of of them are brand new costumes.

what i don't see people choosing from is the Nanman side. haha.

Kirschwasser
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Paul Soth - I'm not too sure what you could use to make it stiff. I usually make fabric stiff by using this stuff called pellon (I think that's how it's spelled), but it was used for lightweight stuff (like my hats for Kirschwasser and Chii costumes). I'm sorry. I can't help much right now. (I'm still new to cosplay. There is so much I need to learn.)

Sellafine - Okay! ^_^ But you will have to wait until the middle of July until there are pictures of me. XD (Anime Expo is so close, yet seems so far away.)

Oh, so the Qiao sisters are pretty popular cosplay? *laughs merrily* I don;t blame the people who cosplayed them. The Qiao sisters have cute outfits. I wanted to be Diao Chan originally, but her costume (and weapons) are too advanced for me at this point. Yeah, Wu seems a popular kingdom that is cosplayed, but I have seen many of the other characters. I'd like to see somebody cosplay as Lu Bu!

Paul Soth
01-14-2004, 04:24 PM
That's okay, I'm going to try my luck with felt. I wanted to try flannel, but the store was out of brown. I have all the supplies I need, aside from shoes, and that's easy enough.

Sellafine
01-14-2004, 06:31 PM
XRJ-->can U post the link of Yahoo Japan that sell Da Qiao DW4 outfit...
I really need reference,thanks :)

xrj
01-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Sellafine: i'd link to auctions, but they're ending waaay too soon. so here's a link to a someone who frequently sells DW costumes:

http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=221 - Da Qiao
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=222 - Xiao Qiao

and while i'm at it...

http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=171 - SSX
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=170 - Zhou Yu
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=169 - Zhuge Liang
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=168 - Zhang He (DW3)
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=166 - Sima Yi
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=168 - Diao Chan
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=164 - Da Qiao (DW3)
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=163 - Alternate Cao Cao?

there are a lot more online cosplay stores that have made DW costumes. this is probably the most i've seen out of one store tho. some of them look really tacky and are too shiny...like the gold panels for Zhang He.

kinonko
01-15-2004, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=xrj]Sell
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=171 - SSX
QUOTE]

When I saw this costume I got comfused. who's costume???? :mfg:
than I saw a chinese is "Zao uen" ?? I don't know how to spell in English, or "Zao zu lon "??

I think some of the fabrics are too gorgeous O_O

ChichiriFreak
01-15-2004, 05:11 AM
Wow...Some of those costumes are really really gooood!!! *0*

Paul Soth- Trying to make them Stiff?..hmm...Well I can't remember the name of this Thing, but i used it to Make the Collars of My Ascot Costume Stuff So it would stand up a bit..but it's some kind of material then is big stiff with flexible and you iron it onto the Fabric to make it stay...i can't remember what the name of it was..>_<

Anime Expo will be here before i know it..o_O..and Katsucon's next month!

Sellafine
01-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Xrj'san-->Thank You very much,I made all costume myself..but I do need
reference...this one really inspire me...:)
Kinonko-->I have no idea who's costume.....Zhao Yun??? :eeek:

xrj
01-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Kinonko-->I have no idea who's costume.....Zhao Yun??? :eeek:

it was late when i posted that and i looked at it wrong. it's not SSX like i said. i believe it is Zhao Yun but just in red....which isn't even possible in DW4 but oh well.

i've also seen a blue lu xun and a sun ce costume (from DW3:XL).

Kirschwasser
01-16-2004, 01:04 PM
i'd link to auctions, but they're ending waaay too soon. so here's a link to a someone who frequently sells DW costumes:

http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=221 - Da Qiao
http://www.qqcos-jp.com/main/show.asp?id=222 - Xiao Qiao

I don't want to sound mean, but I really wonder why Xiao Qiao costume lt. green and orange when her outfit is light green and red. Well, her shorts are crimson red while part of her sleeves and the top part of the outfit is red-orangish (more on the red side). It's a cute costume, anyway. It's going to be so hard to find a light green brocade fabric. I've seen every other colour for the Chinese brocade silk, but not a light green like Xiao's. ^_^*

By the way, Paul Soth, where are you going to wear your Pang Tong outfit to when it is finished?

Paul Soth
01-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Ohayocon, next weekend.

lainey
01-17-2004, 08:55 AM
hey you guys...i'll be doing diao chan from DW4...is there a closer pic of the flower details on her dress? i need a closer image so i can fabric paint the design...

this project won't be done for a year i think...i've got so many to make...but i adore the character

ChichiriFreak
01-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Lainey- I Hope these Pictures Help

Diao Chan 1 (http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/diao_chan1.jpg)

Diao Chan 2 (http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/diao_chan2.jpg)

Good luck on it! ^_^ :bigtu:

lainey
01-17-2004, 03:56 PM
chichiri thanks i already have those pics :D i guess there's nothing else...! i'll just have to try my best, i just wanted it to be as accurate as possible...o well >_<

ChichiriFreak
01-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Well you can always try to look for Fanart. ^^;;

Paul Soth
01-17-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm done! Well, aside from putting the ribbons on the pants I got, finding shoes, and finishing my staff.

Well, take a look (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11243), and do mind that this is the first time I've done something more complex then a cape...

SephirothXer0
01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
pang tong lookin good! although you may want to stay hunched over a lot lolz. sorry for not posting for so long... Lu Bu is being thrown further down the back burner >.<
going to get my license, gotta get my passport for my japan trip, school is about to crank up another notch and then my social life needs some repairing. Apparently, I've been out of it for a awhile now lol

Kirschwasser
01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I gave you a compliment in your gallery, Paul Soth. ^_^ So you are going to be wearing it at a convention soon, eh? That's cool. Is making the staff difficult? His weapon looks hard to make to me!! :D I reeeeeallly need to get started on my costumes, but I haven't had any time. (Too much school & work!)

I was figuring out all the other stuff I need to buy for my 3 AX cosplay, and it's going to be expensive~! Especially making Xiao Qiao, but hey, it'll be worth it. ^_^ I do believe staying at a hotel is going to be most expensive, unless I can share a room with a person or two. (Way cheaper that way...)

Sellafine
01-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I’ve already post my Da Qiao and Zhuge Liang progress pic….check it out :
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=6674&ppuser=8305&password=&page=1

I’m not sure I’m goin to continue it or not….so I want some feed back from U guys..
I make this two because my friend challenge me to cosplay both Da Qiao and Zhuge Liang nicely…it’s a little extreme isn’t it??:)

Kirschwasser
01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Sellafine, I really like your Da Qiao costume~! It looks awesome to me! XD I gave my input on it in your gallery. ^_~ I did my hair like Xiao's the other day (I made the hairpieces out of craft foam & painted them really cheaply. Of course, they aren't going to be the hairpieces I wear to AX, but~ it was just for the time being...), and I actually resembled her...a bit. *laughs* But really, it looked good & I'm so glad I can use my actual hair. XD I wish I had a digi cam so I could show ya'll... ^_~

Sellafine
01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the input,Kirsch!!!
Wanna see your Xiao Qiao too...I believe U make a great Xiao Qiao!! :)
BTW,should I continued my Zhuge Liang or not....I don't have any confidence to cosplay as him since I'm only have one experience for crossplay..I think it's not to late to cancel it now....yeah...and my friend will win the challenge ... though... :waaaah:

Chino-San
01-24-2004, 02:59 AM
I have to say Dynasty Warriors is one of the most hardest costumes (in my opinion) to pull off. The fabric itself with all of the dragons and tigers engraved in it is truely amazing. Good luck to you on your Lu BU costume.

Iris Amergin
01-26-2004, 10:08 PM
It's looking like we may have (at the very least) a Lu Xun and a Yue Ying running around A-Kon this year, assuming I can get the transportation worked out. The DW roleplay group I run is trying to get as many of us down there as possible, so we may be able to get a crew together!

whipbaby
01-27-2004, 12:25 AM
yay i dont have to worry abt that on diaochan>.< its just her stockings and whether i can paint the chest design and the one on the bottom of her dress, lol

Paul Soth
01-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Well, everything seemed to go allright. As soon as someone gets their photos of me and Gilgamesh up, you can see for yourself.

ChichiriFreak
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Yay! Hope to see more DW Costumes!! ^__^. I'm almost finished with Jiang Wei, just need to put on the design of the left half-skirt whatever it was he wears. and the design on his boots....but i don't think Katsu will allow Prodigal. darn. ^^;;

Kirschwasser
01-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Darn...I went fabric hunting this weekend, but did I find anything?

The answer: Nope -_-* (Cheap Las Cruses fabric stores...they didn't having anything at all...)

So now it looks like I will have to buy all the fabric for my Xiao online. (So expensive that way, but hey, that's better than having nothing. ^_^) So now I get to start on the fans, whenever I have some free time off school & work. :) I'll probably get started on my Elegant Gothic Lolita outfit before I do the DW one, though.

Ryukka
01-30-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm doing Sun Shang Xiang for Anime North this year... yuppers theres a DW group being planned ^_^

Paul Soth
01-31-2004, 01:10 AM
King pulled through!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107174&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107175&size=bigpassword=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107176&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107177&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677

ChichiriFreak
01-31-2004, 09:26 AM
Those Are Awesome!! ^___^

kinonko
02-01-2004, 07:08 PM
King pulled through!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107174&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107175&size=bigpassword=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107176&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=107177&size=big&password=&sort=2&cat=6677

ohhhh !!!!!! perfect!!!! :love:

Lusune no Tsuki
02-06-2004, 08:40 PM
*Pokes the topic.*

Er, yes, two friends and I are going to be cosplaying DW. One of them, a Zhuge Liang, already finished hers. And the other one that was (forcefully) convinced to do Zhou Yu just ran out to look for fabric half an hour ago. Annnd... If you couldn't tell from the pattern, I'll be going as Sima Yi, solely for the oppertunity to thwack random people with my featherduster.

Hopefully we'll all be able to go to AX'04. The Zhou Yu and I are going for sure, but it's going to take a lot of convincing to get the Zhuge to be able to go.

Kirschwasser
02-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Lusune no Tsuki - So you are going to AX as DW? If you do, that would be so awesome because I am going to AX as Xiao Qiao (DW4). :heart: *Hopes* ^_~

Okay, I finally found some fabric for my Xiao. *Claps hands in excitement* I found it online. I'll be making it out of Thai Silk (brocaded) and it's pretty expensive, but I'm just so happy I found the fabric in the right colours. *Dances to some made up tribal music* I'm going to order it today & I can't wait until it comes in the mail, that way I can finally get working on the outfit.

ChichiriFreak
02-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Can't wait to See your finished Costume Kirschwasser!!!..I'm finished with Jiang wei..well it's kinda bad right now but after Katsucon i'm going to remake it again. (cause i found better fabrics then the ones i uses for version 1) ^_^;;

Master Zero
02-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Im going to Cosplay Sun Ce from DW4. See ya at AX2004 ^^

0bscurity
02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Hmm..I posted this in a seperate thread, cause I didn't see this one here, ^_^; but I figure I may as well post it here anyway...Xiao Qiao's (DW4 version) fans. x_x Where should I ever start with making them? I need them light enough to carry around all day, but tough enough to take a bit of a beating...Any help?

ChichiriFreak
02-09-2004, 04:53 PM
yay Another DW cosplayers for AX!! ^__^

Kirschwasser
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Master Zero - *Yaaay~!* That's great. :D The more DW at AX, the merrier.

ChichiriFreak - I can't wait for my finished Xiao too~! XD Wow, that's great that you finished with your Jiang Wei outfit? Oh, you found better fabric, you say? What type of fabric is it?

Obscurity - Hey~, that cool that we are making the same outfit. ^_^ As for the fans, well...I wouldn't know how you may be able to make them, for I'm not making Xiao's fans out of scratch. :p I bought similar sized fans over in Chinatown (Downtown Los Angeles, CA) & I'm going to paint them to look like Xiao's~.

Kinonko - I love your new avatar~! What is it from?

kinonko
02-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Kinonko - I love your new avatar~! What is it from?

Kirschwasser:
I 'm glad u noticed my new avatar!!!

This is the character from Koei 's new game "戰國無雙Sengoku Musou" and her name is "Okuni", She is a famouse witch dancer in Sengoku Japan.

This game system as same as DW (cause they both are the same company :skidude2: )

Come to check this website,the game's informations!!! :
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku/

I think u will like this game :D!!!
It is on sale now in Asia , maybe it will coming soon in the state ,but maybe isn't this name .(Like DW, we call "Shin Sangoku Musou" but in state u call "DW".)

By the way:

this is all the character: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku/top/charactor/index.htm
maybe the character designers are lazy to create the new type of character so they used the same model mode in this game, you can see here r some character are looks similar as DW :skidude2: !!!!

for a example:

Isn't Oichi looks like Syao Quia XD????
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku/top/charactor/chara08.htm

Sellafine
02-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Wait to see you guys pic!!! :)
Kinonko,your avatar really cool??..BTW..is that Dynasty Warior : Empire in US ??

kinonko
02-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Wait to see you guys pic!!! :)
Kinonko,your avatar really cool??..BTW..is that Dynasty Warior : Empire in US ??

no Sellafine :D!! This is another game !!!

I type the infomation about this game above ur paragraph.

go check it XD!!

0bscurity
02-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Obscurity - Hey~, that cool that we are making the same outfit. ^_^ As for the fans, well...I wouldn't know how you may be able to make them, for I'm not making Xiao's fans out of scratch. :p I bought similar sized fans over in Chinatown (Downtown Los Angeles, CA) & I'm going to paint them to look like Xiao's~.

X_X That sounds like a good idea...But there is no Chinatown where I live (Here in northwest Ohio). *sigh* Maybe I can find something online...I don't really have to have this outfit done anytime soon....

Sellafine
02-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Kinonko-->I see... I see....this one a very different game....
Anyone know any information about Dynasty Warior : Empire???
BTW,Kinonko...you planning to cosplay Mori right?.....I think I'm planning to cosplay either Akhechi Mitsuhide or Nouhime... XD
Still considering which one goin to suit me better.. :P

Kirschwasser
02-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Kinonko - Thanks for the links. Those are some unique/interesting character designs. Aah~, so this game is made by the same people who do DW? *Laughs merrily* It looks like it. ^_^

Sellafine - There's going to be another Dynasty Warriors game? Wow...do you have links to a site that might have information on it?

kinonko
02-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Kinonko - Thanks for the links. Those are some unique/interesting character designs. Aah~, so this game is made by the same people who do DW? *Laughs merrily* It looks like it. ^_^

Sellafine - There's going to be another Dynasty Warriors game? Wow...do you have links to a site that might have information on it?

This is DW Empire

go check this website:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/products/products/ee/new/smusou3e/03_visual/index.htm

ChichiriFreak
02-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Sengoku Musou is being releashed as "Samurai Warriors"... due out sometime in March in the USA.

Kirschwasser
02-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the information, Kinonko & ChichiriFreak. ^_^ I am assuming that this is an entire new game. (?) The reason I am asking because it has the exact same characters as DW4.

ChichiriFreak
02-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah. It's a Whole different Game set in Japan instead of China. The same creators of Dynasty Warriors also made this game...so you can see the resemblence between the characters...Like. Oda Nobunaga looks like Cao Cao...That one guy looks like Zhang he, and Yukimura looks like Sun Ce. ^_^;..the battle system is also the same as DW.

DW Empire Looks really good!!! i wanna play that now!

Sellafine
02-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Kirschwasser-->Yes , there are be another game of DW , I know it from
http://www.yueying.net/dw
but still confusing , what kind of DW gameis this?? :P
Kinonko-->Thanks for the link.....maybe I'm goin to make thread , searching for Samurai Warior cosplay.... :P

Chichiri-->And mitsuhide look like Zhou Yu very much..... :D

Kirschwasser
02-16-2004, 01:22 PM
About that game "Sengoku Musou", I like the outfits for Mori Ranmaru and Oichi. If I knew more about the game (and even got around to playing it), I would cosplay it. ^_^ Ha ha...you're right, Sellafine, that Mitsuhide guy does look like Zhou Yu.

Sellafine
02-17-2004, 04:11 AM
Kirsch,come on :) ..let's we cosplay it too ,still waiting for US version in March and I'll goin to do it.. :P
But...I think I'll doin Okuni...you know ... because I already have her red skirt (just wear my Shinguuji Sakura skirt.. :P )...because budget really kill me sometimes.. XD

BTW,wanna see photos of you guys in Katsucon , please post it..please...please.. :)

ChichiriFreak
02-17-2004, 05:14 AM
I may do a SW costume.....buut...SADLY i didn't go to Katsucon as Jiang Wei....>_________< Why? well b/c of My sister didn't know what i meant by "Do NOT USe the Dye AT Or Anywhere NEAR The Sewing Table!"..(where My Jiang Wei fabrics and costume where put, for i was still workin on them....... WELL. I went to eat something..and when i came back..Purple Dye was ALL over the table AND My Costume!!! >___< and it's perminate!!...SO i couldn't wear Jiang wei..for it got ruined...NOW i have redo it all over again for AX. T______T

kinonko
02-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Kirsch,come on :) ..let's we cosplay it too ,still waiting for US version in March and I'll goin to do it.. :P
But...I think I'll doin Okuni...you know ... because I already have her red skirt (just wear my Shinguuji Sakura skirt.. :P )...because budget really kill me sometimes.. XD

BTW,wanna see photos of you guys in Katsucon , please post it..please...please.. :)

Here is ur Okuni lady !!!

She has a pony tail at back :D!!

http://photo1.starblvd.com/kinonko/8-2-1-4478512?m=0&pg=7

Kirschwasser
02-18-2004, 03:39 PM
ChichiriFreak - *slaps the palms of my hands to my cheeks* Are you serious~~!?!? (Of course you are, but...) Oh, wow, that really bites. :( I would be soooooo angry if my sister ruined any of my costumes somehow...it would be death for her. (Not that my sister would do such a thing...I think. *Sweatdrop*) But jeez, I'm sorry that happened to you. Having to redo it all over again for AX...gosh. That's terrible. -_-Well, I hope all the best for you.

Oh yeah, and speaking of AX, when should we have the DW gathering? It can be any day but Saturday (because Saturday is the EGL gathering day).

Sellafine - Well, if I ever get a hold of the game & like it, I would cosplay either of the two girls I mentioned above (depending on which character I would like more). I have to play a game first before I cosplay the character. So if I do like the game, I'll be cosplaying it next year. (Such a lo----------ng time away from now~!)

ChichiriFreak
02-18-2004, 03:45 PM
YES it was a PAIN!!!! >__< well...now i have go buy new fabric..and redo it all. the only thing that was saved was the left halfskirt whatever it is. -_-;;;.

anyway.. hmm Maybe Sunday?? for the DW shoot?

Kirschwasser
02-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Ah, Sunday is a good day. After all, it's only you, I, and Master Zero who is going to be cosplaying DW at AX, so I believe it's safe for us to decide the time here. ^_~ Do you think I should mention it on the AX message boards, in case anybody else might be interested?

Lusune no Tsuki
02-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Model scans are up for DW3 characters at http://www.yueying.net/dw ! Front view, side view, and back view.

Might make it a bit easier, especially if a weapon gets in the way of half the picture. *Evil glance at Sima Yi's huge fan.*

lainey
02-21-2004, 09:38 AM
hey thanks for telling me the update ^_^

they sure put in a lot more scans

Natalie
02-21-2004, 02:11 PM
i'm doing my first cosplay with my friends in march. i'm going as rikku from ff x-2, after that i'm going to start on a zhu rong costume. she is my fav. girl character from the dw series, so it makes sense. i would like to wear it to this convention we're going to in aug. woo! can't wait!

Sellafine
02-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Kinonko-->*Huggles* whoaaaaaaa.....great pic.........I think I'm goin to use wig for her hair.......... :P Thank You Kinonko!!

Kirsch and Chichiri-->Post your pic if U two already take a shoot!!! :)

Natalie
02-22-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm working on Zhu Rong for a convention in august. she ill be my 2nd costume, but i think it will be fun. she is definately my fav. female character. ^_^ will post pictures when it's actally starting to shape up.

edit: looks up.. whoops i already posted here already. i forgot.. jeez my 2nd post and i'm already forgeting where i've posted already. :razz:

lainey
02-22-2004, 11:08 AM
just curious...
has anyone seen a person cosplaying Diao Chan from DW4 version...?

I'm always seeing the DW3 version..

ChichiriFreak
02-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Natalie- Oh really??! I never seen a Zhu Rong cosplayer b4!..Which convention in Aug???

BTW....I LOOOOOOOOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! Zhao Yun mega hottie! *_*

Lainey-I think i've seen...Only 2 Diao Chans from DW4...forgot where i saw them.

Kirschwasser
02-22-2004, 02:15 PM
I finally got the ankle high white boots in the mail (which are the ones for Xiao Qiao), so now I can work on converting them. I'm also (currently) working on the fans. I'm sanding & priming the wood before I paint it that metallic gold. ^_^ I might as well make the hair accessories too. I'm still waiting for the brocade fabric to come in the mail so I can get started on the outfit.

Sellafine - I won't have pictures of it until July. I know, it's a long time to wait. -_-* I still have to make it. I wish the fabrics would come in the mail sooner (they are taking a long time.)

ChichiriFreak - Oh yeah, what time should we have the DW gathering on Sunday, July 4th, at Anime Expo? There is free time after 2 pm & it probably isn't a good idea to have it before 10 in the morning. But there is also an opening for a gathering at 11 in the afternoon. I know it's still a bit early, but it's better to get it organized early before it's too late. ^_~

ChichiriFreak
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Hmm..Well July 4th at 2 Pm is a good time for me! ^_^...just need a location. Hopefully i won't get lost...since being my 1st time at AX..^_^;;;;

here's a Picture i saw of a DW4 Diao Chan..too bad it's only waist up.
http://www.usagichan2.com/Comiket64/cosplay008.htm

Kirschwasser
02-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Okay, 2 p.m it is~! ^__^ Alright...where oh where shall it take place at? Let's see...hmmm. *Thinks about it for a while* There are so many places at the Convention Center for AX...inside the CC, inside the hotels, outside...oh gosh, I don't know right now. *laughs* Let me think about it for the next few days. Ah, you won't get lost. ^_~ Hey, maybe we can meet early on Sunday before the DW gathering, because...I need somebody to hang out with. :) I'm attending AX by myself & I don't want to be walking about alone, so~...is that okay with you? *Hopes*

Oh, Lainey, you asked about DW4 Diao Chan cosplayers. You can find a bunch of Diao Chan (and just DW4 in general) cosplay sites by searching on the www.yahoo.co.jp search engine...that is, if you can understand Japanese & your computer supports the language. ^_~ This page ( http://gogatunosakura.moo.jp/myweb_012.htm ) has a two pictures of Diao Chan. Actually, the main site itself has some really cute & good DW4 cosplay~!

I've been looking up DW4 cosplay on other Japanese just to get an idea how some of the girls cosplay Xiao Qiao. A lot of those DW cosplayers are rea---lly good. There was even a Meng Huo cosplay, but the guy wasn't as huge as Meng Huo himself. ^_^

Which brings me too: Damn, I wish I had a Zhou Yu coming with me for AX. Shame on my boyfriend for not wanting to cosplay Zhou Yu-sama with me! :p