PDA

View Full Version : Animazement Questions

TeRRaFLaMe
05-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Ok, I have a few questions since this is coming up in a few weeks.
Ya see, in a few days here, I'm gonna go get the stuff I need for my costume and all, cuz I'm cosplaying Kyo from Dir en grey there... So, I have some misc. Animazement questions... seeing as this is the first con I'll have ever been to...

When do I wear my costume? Through the whole day, or what.. what do most people do?

Would there be any places to buy J-Rock goods such as CDs/DVDs, posters, misc. stuff, stuff like that? Mainly from bands like Dir en grey, Nightmare, Due'le Quartz, many more... basically any kinda J-Rock stuff.

What is the basic variety of stuff you can buy?

Thanks for your help!!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by TeRRaFLaMe
Ok, I have a few questions since this is coming up in a few weeks.
Ya see, in a few days here, I'm gonna go get the stuff I need for my costume and all, cuz I'm cosplaying Kyo from Dir en grey there... So, I have some misc. Animazement questions... seeing as this is the first con I'll have ever been to...

When do I wear my costume? Through the whole day, or what.. what do most people do?

Would there be any places to buy J-Rock goods such as CDs/DVDs, posters, misc. stuff, stuff like that? Mainly from bands like Dir en grey, Nightmare, Due'le Quartz, many more... basically any kinda J-Rock stuff.

What is the basic variety of stuff you can buy?

Thanks for your help!!!

This will be my first time going......so i can only ask one question of yours......the first one. You don't have to wear the costume all day if you don't choose to. It's all up to you when and where you want to wear the costume. Sorry i can't answer the other ones...

TeRRaFLaMe
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Do most people wear it all day? I'm pretty sure I'm only going for one day, so I'm not sure what to do.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Uh.....you'd probably have to ask a vetern....but i'm gonna say most do, but not the same costume. Most people bring more then one and most change several times...

Himemiya
05-12-2003, 08:35 PM
I usually change costumes, but thats because I bring 4 to 5 costumes ^^: Most people wear their costume all day though.
www.jpophouse.com should be there, so you can get stuff from them at least. ^^

TeRRaFLaMe
05-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Awesome. J-Pop House is a great site! So, if they are there, I should be able to find some goodies... I just hope I can find some Nightmare stuff... it's hard to come by...

liz-maru
05-12-2003, 09:21 PM
some people if they dont have more than one costume will wear one all day but some people have more than one so they change em during the day! ^^ and there is all kinda good stuff you can get there!

rogue
05-12-2003, 10:44 PM
You can where your costume as long as you want. Sunrise to sunset. Or you can wear it through the afternoon and quit for the day.

To be honest, if I get to a convention early in the morning, and I don't see anyone wearing costumes yet, I will hold off wearing mine till some other people are in costume. Why? I don't know.

TeRRaFLaMe
05-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Heh... Yeah, I just didn't wanna look goofy or outta place wearing a costume all day or something.

I'm skipping school Friday to go, and I'm trying to get my friend to do the same. I still haven't talked to him, but he probably will... the only problem would be his parents... my mom was the one who said I could skip school to go... LoL.

Mako-san
05-13-2003, 11:36 AM
wow, cool mom!
yeah it won't look bad if you wear your costume all day! If i have just one costume for that day then i usually wear it majority of the day, I usually take it off when i go eat dinner so that I won't get anything on it.
I personally don't like it when a cosplayer wears one costume the whole weekend. :mad:
Its just a personal hygenie thing, your costume will get all funky and smelly eck!

Don't forget about the Jrock cosplay panel at 11pm on Friday night! Come! come!

TeRRaFLaMe
05-13-2003, 11:45 AM
I would if I could, but I'm pretty sure I'm only going Friday, and not staying over night. So, I doubt that I would be staying until 11 PM, since it's about a 1 hour drive home. And, then there's the fact that all of the J-Rock cosplayers would scare my mom half to death...

liz-maru
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
well you can just come and let your momma sit on one of the couches ^^ they have tons of seats there =)

TeRRaFLaMe
05-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I mean the sight of all of the J-Rock cosplayers would scare her to death... O.o

LoL.

Giant Alucard
05-14-2003, 09:54 AM
LOL. My mom droped by to visit me at my first con, and can't help but laugh at her reaction. She got to see way more of the con than she wanted, and she brought all my siblings with her. I think a Mario cosplaer threw a fireball at my younger brother too. My mom wouldn't step foot in a con after that.